2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/04 | 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Can u get the 18g and the 18r or its one or the other?
Old 12/31/04 | 11:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by gt5000@December 31, 2004, 12:25 PM
Can u get the 18g and the 18r or its one or the other?
One or the other.
Old 12/31/04 | 11:31 AM
GTR Member

Thanks for info Brad.

BTW, for anyone interested, there are 3 GTs (IUP) locally NE PA that have sat unsold since Nov. They are at or below sticker. If you want it that bad, buy one.
Old 12/31/04 | 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info brad.

I have upgraded door inserts? I thought the bags release from the seat? How does my door or side panels have to do with deployment?

This is out of curiosity... since I have all the features (sans shaker 1000, and upgraded alarm.)
Old 12/31/04 | 12:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 9:28 PM
I honestly can't stand GM, don't want an SSR, or a GTO. It sure adds a level of resentment and a bad taste in your mouth when you find out that the interior you'd been waiting for since you saw the first production pictures was discontinued under shady circumstances in the middle of a production year with a gag order placed on people inside the company doesnt it? And the solution certaintly isn't to say buy another car, or look for one on a lot, it's to hold the company responsible for it's actions IRREGARDLESS of how nice the new mustang is. do you think I would feel this angry or hurt if I didnt REALLY want this car? But you HAVE to hold corporations responsible when they do clearly unethical things. The christmas tree anaology is bogus. It isn't december 25th in the car game, its 1/3rd thru the model year and cars are advertised for the ENTIRE YEAR. if they cannot deliver a product they SHOULD NOT take orders for it period and they shouldnt highlight it on their website. If they IUP is BROUGHT BACK, which is the main purpose of this message because it is INCUMBANT upon them to bring back the promise they made to their customers, u will hear NOT A PEEP out of me
Hey there,

I was upset that the IUP option had been "delayed" (I ordered in Sept.) and eventually bought a car from the lot. I'm not a bit sorry, as I had the opportunity to buy the IUP off the lot as well. If you really want a stang the way you want it, just hold tight, it will happen.

Good luck,
Jim
Old 12/31/04 | 12:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@December 31, 2004, 12:05 PM
Here's the story, from the top:

The initial projected take rate on IUP by Marketing was less than 20%. The actual is closer to 80%. This has exceeded the production capability of our suppliers. We are working to get additional production tooling installed to meet the demand. This process takes time because the aluminum trim on IP affects airbag deployment. We need to re-do passenger airbag testing. In addition, side airbags were developed w/ IUP as well. We can't decouple these offerings w/o having to go back and repeating all side impact tests (vinyl insert in IUP door trim affects cold temperature airbag deployment).
This seems to be the definitive statement on the the whole IUP subject, thanks Brad for going the extra mile with Ford to resolve this emotional topic. Perhaps you could post as a Sticky with some expanded comments? Should cut down on the number of new IUP threads

There is one other thing that bothers me, specificaly the amount of nasty personal insults found in the first 5 pages of this thread (from all sides). This kind of "pile-on" personal insult behaviour is reprehensible no matter how wrong someone's point may be.

I think it is very damaging to the TMS quality & reputation, I wish it would stop.
Old 12/31/04 | 01:02 PM

Hey man sometime people need a "pile-ing on" to bring them back to reality.

Don't take it so personal.
Old 12/31/04 | 01:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Maverstang@December 31, 2004, 2:18 PM
There is one other thing that bothers me, specificaly the amount of nasty personal insults found in the first 5 pages of this thread (from all sides). This kind of "pile-on" personal insult behaviour is reprehensible no matter how wrong someone's point may be.
Nasty personal insults? This is about as tame as it gets. Go do the same thing over on BON or SVTperf. and see what happens. :shock: You'll be seeing a therapist by the time you leave.
Old 12/31/04 | 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@December 31, 2004, 12:05 PM

The initial projected take rate on IUP by Marketing was less than 20%. The actual is closer to 80%. This has exceeded the production capability of our suppliers. We are working to get additional production tooling installed to meet the demand. This process takes time because the aluminum trim on IP affects airbag deployment. We need to re-do passenger airbag testing. In addition, side airbags were developed w/ IUP as well. We can't decouple these offerings w/o having to go back and repeating all side impact tests (vinyl insert in IUP door trim affects cold temperature airbag deployment).
Ok Brad I kinda get your point here. But. Why would Ford have to do extra testing of the passanger airbag w/out the IUP. Since they are offering the car w/o IUP anyway they should have already done this testing. Right? And like someone else said, the only thing that could possible affect the side airbags is the door panel inserts. But I really can't understand what a panel insert has to do with the deployment of a side airbag.

JMO

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!
BE SAFE BUT HAVE FUN
Old 12/31/04 | 02:05 PM
CME
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith+December 31, 2004, 2:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kerafaith @ December 31, 2004, 2:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@December 31, 2004, 12:05 PM

Ok Brad I kinda get your point here. But. Why would Ford have to do extra testing of the passanger airbag w/out the IUP. Since they are offering the car w/o IUP anyway they should have already done this testing. Right? And like someone else said, the only thing that could possible affect the side airbags is the door panel inserts. But I really can't understand what a panel insert has to do with the deployment of a side airbag.

JMO

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!
BE SAFE BUT HAVE FUN [/b][/quote]
I believe they're referring to having side airbags w/o IUP. That hasn't been an option as far as I know. The door trim with IUP is different. So if they were to offer a different configuration (Side Airbags and no IUP) they would have to redo the tests. I'll bet that isn't cheap, so I don't see IUP disappearing anytime soon IMHO. At least I hope not.
Old 12/31/04 | 02:40 PM
GTR Member

Kera, the airbag testing has to be redone because if the airbags deploy slower with the trim panels, then in an accident, someone might be hitting the dash as the airbag is deploying, or the airbag as it is deploying, causing further injuries. Keep in mind, airbag deployment happens in a fraction of a second, and every microsecond counts.
Old 12/31/04 | 03:05 PM
GT Member

this thread is freaking hilarious!
Old 12/31/04 | 03:40 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@December 31, 2004, 10:05 AM
Way to go Brad Thanks for digging up some actual info for us. I can deal with the wait, but not having a good answer for why I was waiting was getting nerve wracking. I can understand the original posters frustration (even if he didn't let it out in the healthiest of ways).

-Mike
Old 12/31/04 | 03:45 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

I still like the Robot story the best....
Old 12/31/04 | 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by futurestang+December 30, 2004, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (futurestang @ December 30, 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-swingle007@December 30, 2004, 9:56 PM
This kid is wild.....what a way to make your first few posts on a site....using vulgarity and telling the owner of the site which topics he's allowed to close....HAHAHAHA Just a plain lack of sense.....gotta figure out how to ban you from my future viewing....waste of my time...maybe Brad can devise a dunce cap avatar for future so people have fair warning prior to reading his ramblings......LOL
This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense. You can act like a shill for Fomoco's short-comings, you can tell us that we dont "need" the IUP 18G package that we ordered and that our car is just fine without it (even though you have said package) but you cannot tell us not to express our outrage when we find out that they're removing an option we ordered from our order and expect us to go silently into the night. Let me express then in GW terms since you're in texas, it ain't gonna happen kid. [/b][/quote]
Chris,

Have you read the Mustang brochure page 22 at the bottom? Here is the half that counts.

........ Following publicaton of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipment, options and the like, or product delays may have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford Dealer is the source for up-to-date information. Ford Divison reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.

Also check on the back of your VEHICLE PURCHASE ORDER, terms and conditions #6.

6. DESIGN CHANGES: Manufacturer has reserved the right change the design of any new Vehicle, chassis, accessory or part at any time without notice and without obligation to make the same or any similar change upon any Vehicle, chassis, accessory or part previously purchased by or shipped to Dealer or being manugactured or sold in accordance with Dealers orders, .......

Chris,
I hope this helps with your education of purchasing a new vehicle, as it is the same with all manufactures. Lesson learned, one should always read the fine print, terms and conditions. Saves you from becoming upset.

There are a few 05's sitting on the lots, GT's with IUP also in my area. they will sell on the Plans to out of state.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 12/31/04 | 05:25 PM

Originally posted by rex@December 31, 2004, 4:48 PM
I still like the Robot story the best....
Thank you.

If I don't get the IUP in my GT, I'm gonna email Bill Ford & ask him if they'll install a little bobblehead robot on the dash when mine comes down the line.
Old 1/1/05 | 07:04 PM

I ordered my Deluxe Redfire V6 with the IUP on July 15. After a month or so I
found out that my car had been ordered with a manual by mistake and was on hold.
After the order was fixed and changed to the 5 speed automatic, I was told the
order was "clean". After more waiting I found out my car was on "material hold"
for the IUP. I was given the option of dropping the IUP, but as I have just
turned 44 and this will be my first new car, I want what I want. I'm still waiting.
On Dec. 30 I talked to my dealer and expressed (politely) my frustration with
the situation and with Ford in particular. Thanks to these forums, I was able to
let my dealer know that I knew as much (or more) about the problem as he did.
He seemed to be as frustrated by the situation as I am.
The upshot of all this is that I will wait as long as it takes. I've waited 44 years, so
I can wait a few more months.
Mark C.
Old 1/1/05 | 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Correct packard. And remember, Ford is not getting rid of IUP so you will get yours sooner or later! Congrats on the order.

I think what this all boils down to is futurestang didn't know that Ford WILL STILL BE OFFERING IUP and are NOT removing it. Interesting thread, but I think its time has run out and I think a "sticky" might be in order.
Old 1/1/05 | 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by packard400@January 1, 2005, 8:07 PM
I ordered my Deluxe Redfire V6 with the IUP on July 15. After a month or so I
found out that my car had been ordered with a manual by mistake and was on hold.
After the order was fixed and changed to the 5 speed automatic, I was told the
order was "clean". After more waiting I found out my car was on "material hold"
for the IUP. I was given the option of dropping the IUP, but as I have just
turned 44 and this will be my first new car, I want what I want. I'm still waiting.
On Dec. 30 I talked to my dealer and expressed (politely) my frustration with
the situation and with Ford in particular. Thanks to these forums, I was able to
let my dealer know that I knew as much (or more) about the problem as he did.
He seemed to be as frustrated by the situation as I am.
The upshot of all this is that I will wait as long as it takes. I've waited 44 years, so
I can wait a few more months.
Mark C.
Thank you Packard for provinding an example of expressing displeasure in the IUP situation in a rational manner.
Old 1/1/05 | 09:23 PM
GTR Member

Mark C., I agree, you've waiting this long, might as well wait until you get exactly what you want.

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2