2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/04, 07:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't know they had "primary care" med schools. My experience with the medical system is - med schools are all the same basic education (D.O. excluded) which is, of course, general medicine. After graduating, you go to residency where you specify like family medicine, internal medicine, surgery, etc.
Old 12/31/04, 08:45 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie+December 30, 2004, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ December 30, 2004, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Boomer@December 30, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yo Dan/Galaxie.
I think we just found an issue MORE widely beaten than the IRS threads
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you have to bring that up, now all the IRS threads will be popping up [/b][/quote]
Excuse me Mr. Moderator, sir. Will the next Cobra have an IRS?????? I hear it won't.

Me---> c: <------(Dan, Galaxie, and Bommer)

I just had to
Old 12/31/04, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by futurestang+December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (futurestang @ December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-swingle007@December 30, 2004, 9:56 PM
This kid is wild.....what a way to make your first few posts on a site....using vulgarity and telling the owner of the site which topics he's allowed to close....HAHAHAHA Just a plain lack of sense.....gotta figure out how to ban you from my future viewing....waste of my time...maybe Brad can devise a dunce cap avatar for future so people have fair warning prior to reading his ramblings......LOL
This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense. [/b][/quote]
Hey, I thought you people in those "less red" states were supposed to be compassionate. There are over 100,000 people dead in SE Asia, and you're bent because you can't get aluminum trim on your dash? What's wrong with this picture?

Why don't you take the $450 it would cost for the IUP package you can't get anyway and send it to a relief organization where it will do some good.
Old 12/31/04, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@December 30, 2004, 9:32 PM
This is what I would like to call deceptive marketing. Notice that the two dashes on the left (the ones without IUP) are from the grey interior and the one on the right is from the black interior. The reason why they both look kinda okay is that they both feature a light color/dark color combo, just upside down. If they were to put really comparable dashes there (all black) the IUP Lite all of a sudden would look a lot less attractive.

I understand Ford is having trouble to deliver full IUP's. They're not doing this to humor themselves, believe me. What I don't understand is that they come up with an "IUP Lite" that leaves out parts (gauges and message center) that actually have no issues. But it's their show. As a consumer you can rant all you want but if you truly want a full IUP (like me) it's just a matter of patience. These cars ain't going away for the next 10 years you know.
Old 12/31/04, 09:49 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well said bison.
Old 12/31/04, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Eric B@December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM
[image deleted]

This is what I would like to call deceptive marketing. Notice that the two dashes on the left (the ones without IUP) are from the grey interior and the one on the right is from the black interior. The reason why they both look kinda okay is that they both feature a light color/dark color combo, just upside down. If they were to put really comparable dashes there (all black) the IUP Lite all of a sudden would look a lot less attractive.

I understand Ford is having trouble to deliver full IUP's. They're not doing this to humor themselves, believe me. What I don't understand is that they come up with an "IUP Lite" that leaves out parts (gauges and message center) that actually have no issues. But it's their show. As a consumer you can rant all you want but if you truly want a full IUP (like me) it's just a matter of patience. These cars ain't going away for the next 10 years you know.
I think the 6-gauge cluster and message center are probably integrated with MyColor, so it will take some time to seperate them if that becomes necessary.
Old 12/31/04, 10:09 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, I'll admit, I didn't read every word in this thread. However, futurestang, I'm with you. Some people must have missed Brad's rule of 'Be Nice'
That being said, supply issue or not, it appears that Ford did not do all their homework before releasing this car. Market research is a critical part of a product, obviously, the '05 has a problem. Consumer purchasing trends are predictable, the proper inventories should have been established. An old friend of mine had a saying: (hope it passes the language filters)
****-Poor Planning leads to ****-Poor Performance.
Ford does need to understand this is leaving a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth. A lot of that bad taste could be taken care of if Ford would communicate better as to what's going on. I think people are assuming the worst. Not all of us have our '05 to realize what a great car it is.
Old 12/31/04, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mizanin@December 30, 2004, 10:49 PM
well, i agree with that, give us our stinkin side airbags.
It's hard to image what Ford was thinking when they made IUP a requirement for side air bags. AFAIK the seats themselves are the same in both IUP and non-IUP cars. Does it have something to do with the door panels? Or maybe they were just trying to cut down on the number of available configurations for manufacturing reasons.

In any case, it doesn't seem smart to make an appearance package a requirement for a safety package.
Old 12/31/04, 10:37 AM
GT Member

I have a solution for futurestang. Buy mine! It has everything.
Old 12/31/04, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just ordered a Premium GT with IUP yesterday, despite the IUP hold. The biggest reason I need IUP, that I don't think has been mentioned in this looooong thread, is that you can't get the 68R Interior Color Accent Package (ICAP) without IUP.

For me, I want the IUP for these reasons (in order of importance):

1. Red Leather seats
2. Message Center
3. Leather Steering Wheel
4. Aluminum trim
5. Extra gauges
6. MyColor

Somehow Ford should have broken up these options, so you could get the ICAP option and/or the Air Bag option without getting IUP. I can't see how those options are tied to the MyColor/Message Center/Gauge Cluster part of the IUP.

My point is that those that are telling the complainers to get over the lack of aluminum dash and MyColor - well the IUP problem affects much more than those issues.
Old 12/31/04, 10:54 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by wjones14@December 31, 2004, 12:50 PM

My point is that those that are telling the complainers to get over the lack of aluminum dash and MyColor - well the IUP problem affects much more than those issues.
Well said.
Old 12/31/04, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Glad I got mine B)
Old 12/31/04, 11:02 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's the story, from the top:

The initial projected take rate on IUP by Marketing was less than 20%. The actual is closer to 80%. This has exceeded the production capability of our suppliers. We are working to get additional production tooling installed to meet the demand. This process takes time because the aluminum trim on IP affects airbag deployment. We need to re-do passenger airbag testing. In addition, side airbags were developed w/ IUP as well. We can't decouple these offerings w/o having to go back and repeating all side impact tests (vinyl insert in IUP door trim affects cold temperature airbag deployment).
Old 12/31/04, 11:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Eric B+December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric B @ December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@December 30, 2004, 9:32 PM

I understand Ford is having trouble to deliver full IUP's. They're not doing this to humor themselves, believe me. What I don't understand is that they come up with an "IUP Lite" that leaves out parts (gauges and message center) that actually have no issues. But it's their show. As a consumer you can rant all you want but if you truly want a full IUP (like me) it's just a matter of patience. These cars ain't going away for the next 10 years you know. [/b][/quote]
Brad the IUP 18G 05 Mustangs will be rare , in next 30 years they will be worth lot money to. B)
Old 12/31/04, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@December 31, 2004, 5:28 AM
Be patient. One thing that I have learned over the years is that knee jerk reactions are more wrong than right.
Assumption is the mother of all muck ups.
Boy isn't that the truth.
Old 12/31/04, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@December 31, 2004, 12:05 PM
Here's the story, from the top:

The initial projected take rate on IUP by Marketing was less than 20%. The actual is closer to 80%. This has exceeded the production capability of our suppliers. We are working to get additional production tooling installed to meet the demand. This process takes time because the aluminum trim on IP affects airbag deployment. We need to re-do passenger airbag testing. In addition, side airbags were developed w/ IUP as well. We can't decouple these offerings w/o having to go back and repeating all side impact tests (vinyl insert in IUP door trim affects cold temperature airbag deployment).
Thanks Brad.

Perhaps Ford will add the upgraded door panels (my favorite feature of IUP!) to the side air bag package for a modest increase in cost. That would effectively decouple them from IUP.
Old 12/31/04, 11:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by 05mach1+December 31, 2004, 12:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05mach1 @ December 31, 2004, 12:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Eric B@December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert
@December 30, 2004, 9:32 PM

Brad the IUP 18G 05 Mustangs will be rare , in next 30 years they will be worth lot money to. B) [/b][/quote]
That's doubtful if they get production ramped backed up. There are alot of '05s left to be produced before the '06 MY begins.
Old 12/31/04, 11:19 AM
FR500 Member

well unfortunately im gonna have to wait once i place my order this coming month. but ive wanted this car since i saw pictures from detroit last year. some days ill have to look at pictures to see this car. some days i will see them on the road(least likely) and others ill have to gaze inside ford dealer windows as i pass to see one if i dont stop in to sit in one. this IUP issue makes me nervous because ive been set on what i want for months with the exception of wanting to go from upgrade rims to bullitts. ive been working so hard for this car and if i order and i have to wait to get my IUP then i will wait because i dont mind waiting a few weeks or an extra month cuz i been waiting to order since summer and ive wanted the car for like a year already!!
Old 12/31/04, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Way to go Brad!!! You come thru again. So there might be some additional changes on the way due to the shortages and the side air-bag safety issue.
Old 12/31/04, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Eric B+December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric B @ December 31, 2004, 10:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@December 30, 2004, 9:32 PM

I understand Ford is having trouble to deliver full IUP's. They're not doing this to humor themselves, believe me. What I don't understand is that they come up with an "IUP Lite" that leaves out parts (gauges and message center) that actually have no issues. But it's their show. As a consumer you can rant all you want but if you truly want a full IUP (like me) it's just a matter of patience. These cars ain't going away for the next 10 years you know. [/b][/quote]
Kinda like the way hamburgers in TV commercials always look far better than the ones you get in the restuarant or the way they use fitness models in commercials for exercise equipment? It's the way almost everything is marketed in this country. Every company tries to present their products in the best possible light.

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2