2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hydro-Powered Stang

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/04, 07:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8+June 10, 2004, 3:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ June 10, 2004, 3:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Decipher@June 10, 2004, 2:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Robert
@June 9, 2004, 4:18 PM
Yet in spite of the clear evidence available all around us, there are many who still do not believe that Global Warming is a problem at all. And it’s no wonder: Because they are the targets of a massive and well-organized campaign of disinformation lavishly funded by polluters who are determined to prevent any action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming, out of a fear that their profits might be affected if they had to stop dumping so much pollution into the atmosphere.

DING DING DING!! HOT DOG WE HAVE A WIENER!! THANK YOU!
just reposting it to make sure more people read it [/b][/quote]
Well, global warming is a debatable opinion. For every person that says there is global warming, there is one who says there isn't. It may not even be people who are looking out for their profits, it could be their own opinion based on research...ever think that might be a possibility?!

EDIT: BTW, I have just gotten back from vacation, so I am just trying to catch up on this thread, sorry if it looks like I am spamming.

Going on vacation (to Las Vegas) I looked at another environmental risk (or what I thought it was). Smoking. I am not saying people don't have the right to smoke (imo they do) but if people look at it, it throws smoke into the air, harms the people who do it, and starts numerous forest fires that could be prevented if there were no cigarettes. Repeat, I am not saying people don't have a right to smoke. Just some food for thought.
Old 6/12/04, 08:04 PM
GT Member

The manufacture hydrogen, it requires electricity
Why not use hydrogen in industry? ie. to create electricity. It can be done on just that kind of scale, and the environment gets even more help.
Old 6/12/04, 08:22 PM
Cobra Member

In Japan, several powerplants run on Hydro-fuel cells...providing power for cities
Old 6/12/04, 08:40 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
and why dont we do that here? oh yeah, the oil companies control everything in this country.
Old 6/12/04, 10:00 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by future9er24@June 12, 2004, 7:43 PM
and why dont we do that here? oh yeah, the oil companies control everything in this country.
but of course. DUH. that explains EVERYTHING!

::stupid oil companies::
Old 6/12/04, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+June 12, 2004, 10:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ June 12, 2004, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-future9er24@June 12, 2004, 7:43 PM
but of course. DUH. that explains EVERYTHING!

::stupid oil companies:: [/b][/quote]
OK, I really can't stand your comments about oil companies. You know, they are just trying to make money. Just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean it is illegitimate. Oil companies do not control the country, you do, and only through your actions can you stand up for your belief in the "evil oil companies.
Old 6/12/04, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by twincamfxd@June 12, 2004, 8:07 PM
The manufacture hydrogen, it requires electricity
Why not use hydrogen in industry? ie. to create electricity. It can be done on just that kind of scale, and the environment gets even more help.
Yes, very true twincam, but that would require an infinately more complicated(not to mention a lot more expensive) transition than from gasoline cars to hydrogen powered cars.
Old 6/12/04, 10:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by future9er24@June 7, 2004, 10:19 PM
beats the heck out of the $400 sharper image ionic breeze or whatever.
Those work very well actually
Old 6/13/04, 01:55 AM
GT Member

OK, I really can't stand your comments about oil companies. You know, they are just trying to make money. Just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean it is illegitimate. Oil companies do not control the country, you do, and only through your actions can you stand up for your belief in the "evil oil companies.

The oil companies do not care at all about the environment, about the consumer, or about anything but the allmighty dollar. I will try to find the article I read about how exxon has bought patents for alternative energy sources and locked them away never to be seen again. They dont care about me, so I dont care about them.

Oil companies suck!
Old 6/13/04, 02:16 AM
GT Member

Hear hear.

It's even a new trend for inventors: try and create a super-engine that runs on an alternative fuel source. Then let 'Mohammed Al-Swimsinoil' buy it up so he can patent it. It's like winning the lottery.
Old 6/13/04, 02:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's good to see this debate living on, but just to point something out here, it's starting to repeat itself a bit. If anybody has any questions that the other 11 pages don't answer, or a rebuttal that hasn't been mentioned, then by all means, but this debate is getting a little bit cyclical.

To clear a few things up:
Global warming is just ONE of the reasons not to pollute. If it turns out not to be real, there is plenty of other things to use to argue in favour of Hydrogen. I'd go into them, but they're all mentioned in the previous 11 pages.
YES, getting hydrogen requires electricity, but as it has been mentioned many times, there are cleaner alternatives to getting electricity too. One of which I believe Waveman mentioned about forcing water through a membrane and being able to generate enough electricity for a decent sized house out of an apparatus the size of a shoe box.

Please read back before presenting a point, most things have been said already. If you have anything to add to them though, by all means go ahead and do so, there is no point in repeating yourselfs thus making others repeat themselves because you didn't read the whole thread. The preceding was directed at nobody in particular.
Old 6/13/04, 02:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

On a side note, read the links about gas prices in my signature and maybe you'll feel differently about "not caring that your SUV costs more to fill up."
Old 6/13/04, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Ive already read the links. I know, it is insane the gas prices here. I'll repeat that I do not like paying those prices, but I believe they are allowed to be that high (free-market capitalism). Actually, it is the governrment and environmentalists who keep it that high (higher than two bucks, it would never be 5 cents here) because they always petition the government in the US to put additives into the gas that is "cleaner for the environment. They also want to put taxes on gas to discourage people from buying it or having people sell it.

Wow, and then these people complain about high gas prices.
Old 6/13/04, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, hypocrites suck. If there were a way to convert my 82 Nissan over to one of these alternatives without spending more than the car is worth, I would, but alas.
Old 6/13/04, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Decipher@June 13, 2004, 5:21 PM
Yeah, hypocrites suck. If there were a way to convert my 82 Nissan over to one of these alternatives without spending more than the car is worth, I would, but alas.
lol.

Do you have any figures on the performance of the hydro-powered RX-8?
Old 6/13/04, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL so funny...

and why does everyone overlook nuclear power as a viable energy source...though it may be a bit hard to retrofit a Mustang with a reactor...LOL.

Seriously though, so many people are so scared of the word "nuclear"...I graduated in Physics from college, and just get really tired of it. Did you guys know that MRI is not the full acronym? It's an NMRI...nuclear (gasp) magnetic resonance imaging.

MRI is defined as...and I quote:
The use of a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer to produce electronic images of specific atoms and molecular structures in solids, especially human cells, tissues, and organs.

OK...I'm done venting...deep breaths... :jedi:
Old 6/13/04, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by steve19970@June 13, 2004, 9:41 PM
and why does everyone overlook nuclear power as a viable energy source...
I don't think it should be discounted. But I don't know what kind of exhaust note you're going to get.

Hydrogen isn't the only viable alternative. It just seems to be the best currently.
Old 6/14/04, 01:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nuclear is currently not very attractive due to nuclear waste. No matter how little it produces, it lasts for such a very long time that the pollution is handed from generation to generation. Not to mention any radiation. No matter how secure it may be, there's always a chance it could leak, with devastating results. Fission as we know it now isn't all that great, and cold fusion is a long ways off. Yes, all the problems with fission can be remedied or prevented, but as far as a worst possible scenerio goes, hydrogen's is far, far safer.
Old 6/14/04, 03:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Safety is what you have seat belts for. The rest of life is clearly labeled "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".

The US has been operating hundreds of nulcear reactors (US Navy) since the 50's and guess what, it was the Russians who nearly baked the european continent! Though I haven't read a lot of this thread (surprisingly it's one of the biggest) it seems to spiral down the stairwell of a an Al Gore speech. darn people, this is a MUSTANG Forum, and guess what, MUSTANGs are going to use A LOT of dino-juice.

Environmentalists, you're probably a neat bunch of guys, but why in the h e l l do you want a MUSTANG when you espouse all of these environmental views. It goes against many of the things environmentalists hold dear. It's metal, it's technology, it produces (gasp!) Carbon Dioxide (and Monoxide for those interested in silencing chatty wives) , it uses EVIL OIL, and it has leather for god's sake! (That's ginuwine cowskin for you undereducated types!). Even the V6 is going to be a mother at 210HP. I mean, does anyone here actually buy the story that a V6 will be "more environmentally friendly"? It'll rip the doors off of some sports cars from the 90's! It will still run over recently "liberated" lab bunnies at 90 MPH and not skip a beat!!!

And while I'm ranting, pick a d a m n side people!!! Stop sitting on the fence, you eaither want to drive an H-bomb or you don't, but stop saying maybe! Do you maybe want a MUSTANG or do you want a freakin Prius? I doubt anyone here will pay to convert their 300HP of goodness into 200HP of green machine. Besides, how cool will you look when some ******** in a honda civic SMOKES YOU?

wow, I'm emotionally drained.

-Darth

:jedi:
Old 6/14/04, 03:25 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Besides, how cool will you look when some ******** in a honda civic SMOKES YOU?
I got smoked by a rice boy yesterday (But it was a Skyline GTR and I gave him a good run for his money, he couldn't change gear quickly for love nor money. My vote is for Automatic. Oh.......wait, that's a different thread )

Quick Reply: Hydro-Powered Stang