2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hydro-Powered Stang

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/04, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Badandy@June 16, 2004, 9:08 AM
Come on, don't bring politics into this. Don't talk about things you don't know about and talk about a country in which you do not live.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but politics have a lot more to do with this than you think. Politicians run our countries. The decisions they make affect more than the just the country they run. For example Bush royally screwed Canadian lumber mills over with extreme tariffs. That's just one example. It goes both ways though.

These politicians also have the power to dictate whether a technology will be available to the public anytime soon. One example is this plant down in the US that can convert garbage (animal refuse, plastics, even tires) into oil. But, because it doesn't fit within strict guidelines of being considered "bio-diesel", they don't get the same tax cuts and grants available to other such programs, thus this great technology that can empty laqndfills will most likely be cast aside and never used to it's potential.

If you want proof of how involved Bush is with the oil industry, go see Farenheit 9/11. Whether you agree with it or not, you're not being lied to. It may be biased, but it's all truth.

I won't lie to you. I don't need to buy your votes. All I want is for people to know the whole truth about things and make their decision based on that. All the people who voted "No" based on things that have been proven to be false need to do some real research. If this technology wasn't viable, then why would they even bring it to the publics attention?
Old 6/16/04, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats nuts. garbage = oil. crazy stuff. lol. But you have a point. Politics have a great effect on all of us
Old 6/16/04, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have read most of this post. I wanted to see why a "hydro-powered stang" post was so long. I have read some very good points and some not so good points. People are never going to please every person. That is what makes life interesting, the varity. Some peolple like mustangs sosme people don't. Some people like horsepower some people prefer gas mileage. The bottom line is that every person likes his or her own thing. That is what makes them unique. However, I will say the only thing that keeps bothering me about this whole post is the comparing of the "envrioment friendly" V6 versus the "gas hogging" V8. I have owned several mustangs. One of which was a 1991 mustang 2.3L coupe. Granted the only reason I had the car was to keep miles of my Cobra and had later plans of for a 351 swap. So it seemed like every time I would drive the 91 A bad stang would pull up beside me, and all I would think is dang I got this real nice Cobra just sitting at the house. Sorry derailed, the point of this long story is that the 2.3l only got 21 mpg. (city) and like 25 (hwy). So I traded it for a 94 G.T. that got 20 mpg. (city) and 24-25 (hwy). Man the Cobra gets 19 (city) with mods. My wife's 95 V6 pushes to get 25 on the highway. And yes all these cars are in great mechanical shape with regular "check-ups". We did a 2.3 to 5.0 swap on a 92 and with the new 5.0 it got almost 28 mpg on the hwy. I have found that you had to spend most of your time in the gas on the 2.3 and the 3.8 just to get into and stay with traffic (and has nothing to do with having a led-foot). Just saying!
Old 6/16/04, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, you can't deny that the V6 will get better mileage than the GT. I'm not comparing it to other years or engines, just the two available with the 05 Mustang.
Old 6/16/04, 10:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Decipher@June 16, 2004, 5:42 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way, but politics have a lot more to do with this than you think. Politicians run our countries. The decisions they make affect more than the just the country they run. For example Bush royally screwed Canadian lumber mills over with extreme tariffs. That's just one example. It goes both ways though.
I was not saying that politicians do not run our counties. Unfortunately, that is the case :bang:

I do not know of the situation where Bush "screwed" the lumber mills in Canada, so I can't comment on that.

One example is this plant down in the US that can convert garbage (animal refuse, plastics, even tires) into oil. But, because it doesn't fit within strict guidelines of being considered "bio-diesel", they don't get the same tax cuts and grants available to other such programs, thus this great technology that can empty laqndfills will most likely be cast aside and never used to it's potential.
Ah, but a delightful one half of our population really doesn't believe in tax cuts. Maybe if they did, there wouldn't be such strict guidelines.

If you want proof of how involved Bush is with the oil industry, go see Farenheit 9/11. Whether you agree with it or not, you're not being lied to. It may be biased, but it's all truth.
Thanks but no thanks

I won't lie to you. I don't need to buy your votes.
Good, because my votes wouldn't count much in your country.
Old 6/16/04, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

hmm got bored about page 6 with all the tree hugging going on. I think we should just go back to leaded gasoline and constant loss oiling systems. you dont change your oil... it just drips out and you add more as needed.
Old 6/16/04, 11:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anyone who would quote Michael Moore as a credible source of anything isn't worth listening to.

- Darth

:jedi:
Old 6/17/04, 12:00 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by PaperTarget@June 8, 2004, 7:30 AM
Oh please, vote Kerry my ****. People need to wake up. No politician is going to save you. Best you can do is vote for the lesser of two weevils. I'm voting Bush, but that's just me and my opinion...
Bush lesser of 2 Evils. ROFLMAO!!! Cheney states, Iraq has connections with Al Qaeda. 2 Days later Bush states no there is no evidence of that connection. Also, remember the Iraq war before it started was stated Al Qaeda had a link with Iraq. Low and Behold, THERE IS NONE!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/17/04, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Darth Stang@June 16, 2004, 10:10 PM
Anyone who would quote Michael Moore as a credible source of anything isn't worth listening to.

- Darth

Anyone who thinks Bush is not a liar and that the war in Iraq is justified is not worth listening to.

I'm not picking a fight here, I'm just pointing out how useless your post was and how, well, I find your opinion laughable.
Old 6/17/04, 12:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hdwrench@June 16, 2004, 10:00 PM
hmm got bored about page 6 with all the tree hugging going on. I think we should just go back to leaded gasoline and constant loss oiling systems. you dont change your oil... it just drips out and you add more as needed.
Yeah. To heck with us tree-huggers. How dare we care about peoples health? How dare we want our children to be able to breath in the future? How dare we want to protect certain animals in order to preserve the food chain and not cause infestations or lack of insects to pollenate crops? How dare we want this world to be able to be farmed for more than the next few decades? Really, I mean, what ARE we thinking? It's not like WE'RE affected by any of this. Nope, not at all.
Old 6/17/04, 12:41 AM

I think everyone should just try to remember what this site is about. People who love Mustangs. Let's try to be at least civil about our opinions and stop all the rhetoric. One of the reasons I come to this site is to enjoy the dialogues and the intelligent banter - I thought we were all out of the third grade. Let's just be cool to each other.
Old 6/17/04, 12:58 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I completely agree with Scratch, what started as a very informative and interesting subject (with Decipher being the most knowledgeable about it ) has now decended into cat calling. I can understand everyone has a view, but there is so much back biting, it is getting painful. Come on folks, let's start talking constructively.

James
Old 6/17/04, 02:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, and before Darth Stang reads my earlier post, though he'll read this after, I'd like to apologize for calling his opinion laughable. I thought about it after I posted it and realized even if I don't agree with virtually everything he says, I crossed a line with my response that I shouldn't have.
Old 6/17/04, 02:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Decipher+June 17, 2004, 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Decipher @ June 17, 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Darth Stang@June 16, 2004, 10:10 PM

- Darth

Anyone who thinks Bush is not a liar and that the war in Iraq is justified is not worth listening to.

I'm not picking a fight here, I'm just pointing out how useless your post was and how, well, I find your opinion laughable.[/b][/quote]
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

-Darth

:flag2:

P.S. apology accepted
Old 6/17/04, 02:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice timing. Read the post above.
Old 6/17/04, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Decipher@June 17, 2004, 12:20 AM

I'm not picking a fight here...

EDIT: READ DECIPHER'S POST
Old 6/17/04, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Brian302505+June 17, 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brian302505 @ June 17, 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PaperTarget@June 8, 2004, 7:30 AM
Oh please, vote Kerry my ****. People need to wake up. No politician is going to save you. Best you can do is vote for the lesser of two weevils. I'm voting Bush, but that's just me and my opinion...
Bush lesser of 2 Evils. ROFLMAO!!! Cheney states, Iraq has connections with Al Qaeda. 2 Days later Bush states no there is no evidence of that connection. Also, remember the Iraq war before it started was stated Al Qaeda had a link with Iraq. Low and Behold, THERE IS NONE!!!!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
lol. What a well founded and articulated response. Might want to check some sources there so you get the whole story, not a poorly punctuated and spelled mini-response that does not cover a tenth of the issue.

Anyway, PaperTarget, I agree with you, the lesser of two evils.

Believe it or not, Badandy isn't a big Bush fan, but Kerry :notnice:
Old 6/17/04, 04:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Enough mudslinging. We are all different people with different viewpoints and therefore different opinions. Yes, politics is an integral part of this topic, but only when it directly relates to it. I would really hate to see this turn into a campaign thread where Bush and Kerry supports do nothing but call eachother out on things. If you're going to mention politics, keep it civil, articulated, and well-founded. Posting hear-say and personal opinions based on that and other propanda the media shoves down our throats is NOT WELCOME. That goes for BOTH sides.
Old 6/18/04, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow.. I guess politics were keeping this thread alive. Fair enough. Might as well let it die now, it's had a good run, raised some awareness, closed some minds, well worth the kilobytes it consumes.
Old 6/19/04, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

lol, closed some minds.

Quick Reply: Hydro-Powered Stang