Search this Thread

Old 6/8/04, 07:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What, did the car on the left eat taco bell or what
Old 6/8/04, 07:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

If only congressmen werent completely in the Oil companies' pockets............... :bang:
Old 6/8/04, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vote Kerry... ever heard about Bush's and Cheney's connections to the oil industry? :\
Old 6/8/04, 07:27 AM
GT Member

Oh please, vote Kerry my ****. People need to wake up. No politician is going to save you. Best you can do is vote for the lesser of two weevils. I'm voting Bush, but that's just me and my opinion...
Old 6/8/04, 08:59 AM

off topic!!! Back to Hydro as fuel!!!

Also my friend said Nader wants to make Hydro legal, why is it illegal now?
Old 6/8/04, 09:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Decipher@June 8, 2004, 3:58 AM
With the Hindenburg, it was actually the outer shell that was burning like that. Sure, it was a spark or friction or something that ignited the hydrogen, but that burned up really fast, igniting the shell, which was what kept burning and killed all the passengers. If they had made the shell totally fireproof, it would have just burned off all the helium, and plummet to it's death, no huge fires involved.
Helium is an inert gas. It doesn't burn. The Hindenburg was entirely filled with hydrogen as a means of lift. I don't know the complete fire study on the blimp, but I'm sure hydrogen played just as much a fuel for the demise of the blimp as the skin.

That's why today's blimps are filled with helium. No more Hindenberg's.
Old 6/8/04, 09:14 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
(please) if we talk politics, the only thing that will happen is

Sorry if that is childish, but this place is like a pub. Two things not to talk about, Politics and religion.

Thanks for you attention, back to the board.................. B)
Old 6/8/04, 11:23 AM
GT Member

How much do you think Hydrogen would cost by the gallon or what ever???? seems like it would cost more than gasoline
Old 6/8/04, 11:26 AM

They would sell it as liquid hydrogen? Isn't that even colder than liquid nitrogen?
Old 6/8/04, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by shocktech@June 8, 2004, 11:29 AM
They would sell it as liquid hydrogen? Isn't that even colder than liquid nitrogen?
I have no clue!!! Plus, seems like it would cost a fortune to fill up your car with Hydro. It would have to get like 80 mile a gallon for me to get one. Not to mention the tax increase to put Hydrogen fueling stations all over America.
Old 6/8/04, 11:54 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by SVT200020+June 8, 2004, 10:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SVT200020 @ June 8, 2004, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shocktech@June 8, 2004, 11:29 AM
I have no clue!!! Plus, seems like it would cost a fortune to fill up your car with Hydro. It would have to get like 80 mile a gallon for me to get one. Not to mention the tax increase to put Hydrogen fueling stations all over America. [/b][/quote]
well with most of our taxes going towards war, i would rather see it go towards something that will help out. sorry about the politics, but its true
Old 6/8/04, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Decipher@June 8, 2004, 3:54 AM
My city, Vancouver, has committed to having Hydrogen fuel stations and Hydrogen powered cars and buses (both fuel cell and ICE) in time for the 2010 Olympics, which will be held here. So yes, there will be places to fill up in most major cities at the very least in the not so distant future.

As with everything, there are drawbacks. This thread seems like it will have some staying power, so I'll go into those tomorrow or the next day (when it's not 3am )
aww yah i remember hearing on the news here in edmonton that u guys were going to be doing that... isnt the building costs of those stations also the reason y u guys are already behind on building all the facilities for the games to be held at? correct me if im wrong... oh wait its not that u are behind yet is it, or is it more of ur city council and provincial gov't just saying that they think it might fall behind?

anywho i hope to be abl to get the time to go for the games should be fun and its only a days drive (14 hours) or i could just pay for a plane ticket either or... makes no difference to me.
Old 6/8/04, 12:20 PM

imagine if we spent the 96 billion dollars we spent on war with iraq on financing alternative fuel research!!
Old 6/8/04, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SVT200020+June 8, 2004, 11:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SVT200020 @ June 8, 2004, 11:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shocktech@June 8, 2004, 11:29 AM
I have no clue!!! Plus, seems like it would cost a fortune to fill up your car with Hydro. It would have to get like 80 mile a gallon for me to get one. Not to mention the tax increase to put Hydrogen fueling stations all over America. [/b][/quote]
:scratch: from what ive heard on tv... ala on the news and such is hat they are making the hydro cars so they will just convert H2O too O2 and H2 and then convert them back into H2O so really u wouldnt be paying all that much to fuel it... well maybe in the US since u guys have a very limited supply of H2O (since u guys get alot of it from here in Canada) but up here we have i think the most or around the most fresh water supply int he world because of our glashiers (sp?) this i could be wrong about but i learned that in chem and bio last year... im 19 u can basically say now (18 at the moment will be 19 on June 25th) but water is cheap so i cant see it costing more then gas at the pumps. another thing is that as far as there being possible fires and such... as said earlier u wouldnt have anything to worry about because H2 is lighter then air and will rise. it will only rise even faster when on fire. plus there wont be very much areas for the H2 to explode if it did because of the coverting process of going back and forth. oh and when it comes to hydro cars and vehicles of any sort... people we shouldnt be looking at the RX-8 hydro car that only has 3 movin parts in it... we should be looking at Ford's V6 Hydro powered Escape thats coming out this year. thats a much closer engine to the mustang's v6 or even v8 then the rotary version will ever be. so how about be get the performance numbers on a 04 escape that runs on gas and the 05 escape running on hydro and compare them. if anything we will see the v6 escape engine in a v6 stang more then anything so lets look at those numbers

edit: scratch the hydro escape... i was wrong its a Atkinson-cycle 2.4-liter four-cylinder nickel-metal-hydride escape

this is a good read people... very imformative if u ask me http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/engineFu...lCombustion.htm
Old 6/8/04, 12:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by shocktech@June 8, 2004, 11:23 AM
imagine if we spent the 96 billion dollars we spent on war with iraq on financing alternative fuel research!!
exactly
Old 6/8/04, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

The actual cost of producing hydrogen is much more than people first imagine. It actually takes *more* energy to seperate the hydrogen atoms from it's original source, usally water, than is does to combust gasoline. All-be-it gasoline is not a renewable resource, we are still producing more pollution by creating usable hydrogen for cars than simply combusting the natural resource we currently have. Doesn't make sense to me......
Old 6/8/04, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

well read the link i posted above in my last post it talks about it and what ford is doing about it.
Old 6/8/04, 12:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I saw a Special on the Learning Chanel About Hydrogen powered Cars , There are already Kits available to convert your Gasoline powered car to Hydrogen, And It Will Drive the same but your Exhaust Might Rust from the Water Emitted. LOL One Guy was Running it in his Car on the Show and Said There was No Noticible Difference in Performance.

There is Also another Fuel being overlooked. Another Guy on the Show had converted his F150 To Run on a Type of Diesel Fuel Made From Used Cooking Oil. Think About how Much Fried Foods are Eaten in this Country, And all the Oil Disposed of from it.

As for the Fuel Cell Technology, It just converts Tap Water Into Hydrogen to Burn for Fuel, and the Emissions are Water, from what I understand. The Water is run through the "Cells" which seperate out the Hydrogen and send it to the engine and the O2 Escapes with the water byproduct.

I'm All For it! Considering that Mr Bush Owns Oil Fields in Texas, and Went to War with the Worlds Largest Oil Producing Country, and Now Gas Prices are Above $2.oo a gallon! You tell me who's watching out for who?
Old 6/8/04, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

exactly tampa
Old 6/8/04, 02:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had to add this:

Quick Reply: Hydro-Powered Stang