Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change of plans not going this route building up my v6
Old 5/14/13, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blackout
Change of plans not going this route building up my v6
Sounds like a easier plan. Though depends if you have the cash why not just buy a old 5.0? That way you can at least get the 5.0 you wanted.
Old 5/14/13, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was thinking boring my stock block to 4.2 and wouldn't that work with a 4.2 stroker kit from super six Motorsports ?
Old 5/14/13, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll settle for 230 hp if that. I just learned that in this economy it's hard to get what you want sometimes you just have to settle for what you have or make it better
Old 5/14/13, 03:44 PM
GT Member

I was thinking boring my stock block to 4.2 and wouldn't that work with a 4.2 stroker kit from super six Motorsports ?
I'll settle for 230 hp if that. I just learned that in this economy it's hard to get what you want sometimes you just have to settle for what you have or make it better
No clue at all. Are you doing the work yourself? Or are you paying for parts and labor. In the long run it maybe cheaper to just buy a older GT and have the 220-230hp stock. Pretty sure stroker kits are for cars that are already built up. Not really sure but I suggest looking into both options first and weighing the benefits and price against each other.
Old 5/14/13, 03:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lexi2013

No clue at all. Are you doing the work yourself? Or are you paying for parts and labor. In the long run it maybe cheaper to just buy a older GT and have the 220-230hp stock. Pretty sure stroker kits are for cars that are already built up. Not really sure but I suggest looking into both options first and weighing the benefits and price against each other.
I bought my Cobra for $10k. 99-04 GTs are going for $3500-$7000 here in GA
Old 5/14/13, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lexi2013

Doing it myself. I work at my girlfriends family business
Old 5/14/13, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not going to do forced induction so could I get away with regular pistons and stock crank? I will just stick with 3.8 if I could possibly bore .010 over, if I have too
Old 5/14/13, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Basically going to port and polish my heads, my intakes are done, rollor rockers, and buy new rods is that necessary? And Cam
Old 5/14/13, 04:54 PM
GT Member

Doing it myself. I work at my girlfriends family business
I'm not going to do forced induction so could I get away with regular pistons and stock crank? I will just stick with 3.8 if I could possibly bore .010 over, if I have too
Basically going to port and polish my heads, my intakes are done, rollor rockers, and buy new rods is that necessary? And Cam
Might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it takes a lot of work to get the older v6's to produce the same power the v8's did while staying NA. For about 3k you could have the power you want. The internals should be fine even if you supercharge it as long as you stay in the limits of your cars internals. I don't know what they are for your specific car but adding 50-60% more power should be fine. Hell there are civics that can handle being turbo'd so I don't see why you couldn't do forced induction to your v6 and make a mean machine just really depends on your goals for this car. Is it for a DD or strip?
Old 5/14/13, 08:08 PM

The 94-95 5.0s are cheap. See whole motors go for 200-400 on Craigslist all the time. For the money ud put into the 3.8 to get 230 you could get the 5.0 rebuild it and have a practically new 230 hp engine in. Same with the trannys. Or u could shell out 3 grand and get a decent 94-95 and keep ur v6 as a daily. Ur money man just sayin there are plenty of options
Old 5/14/13, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mccolaus000
The 94-95 5.0s are cheap. See whole motors go for 200-400 on Craigslist all the time. For the money ud put into the 3.8 to get 230 you could get the 5.0 rebuild it and have a practically new 230 hp engine in. Same with the trannys. Or u could shell out 3 grand and get a decent 94-95 and keep ur v6 as a daily. Ur money man just sayin there are plenty of options
Even for a daily driver the old 5.0 isn't that bad and I know you can get them dirt cheap.
Old 5/15/13, 08:31 PM
GT Member

I have a 94 5.0 basically stock. Just magnaflow catted x pipe (ca smog legal) flowmaster American thunder cat back, and cold air intake. Cobra smoked headlights, smoked fog lights, smoked 96-98 tail lights, jvc dock, replaced all the speakers in the car, jl audio 1000 watt amp, and 2 12" kicker comp subs. Reasonable offer? Right now it is prime red black willing to get it painted back to original Forrest green if the price is right
Old 5/16/13, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

5.0 engine. Going with the 5.0. Wanna know why i said I was rebuilding my v 6 because my father in law is an ******* a d says I spend too much on my car and bc he thinks I don't know what I'm doing but **** him I'm going to prove him wrong
Old 5/16/13, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry just real mad right now. I work at my girlfriends family business a machine shot. Well there is this 65 year old man who works there, and he stays on meth he's a meth head and he's responsible for my hand getting smash by a chunk of steel and broke my hand broken bone and bunch of joints and smaller bones may be outa place cut my hand blood squirting out like a water gun. Yeah it was bad. Well my father in law asked me since he's paying me I could at least show up, work men's comp whatever bs. He got a new hoist and this same 65 year old guy took down the old hoist to put in his spot and I was right under neithe it and handing him tools and bam the guy done dropped the whole hoist and nearly landed on me. And I went tell my father in law I had a smile bc I was glad I was fine and all he had to say was " oh and it's funny huh?" And he said it sarcastically and I said you don't give a **** if I got hurt do ya? And he flat out said at least if the hoisted landed on me I coulda saved it from breaking! Wtf!

What this has to do with my 5.0 swap we'll it has to do with how I try so hard for nothing to win his acceptance I mean this Is my father in law.
Old 5/16/13, 04:59 PM
GT Member

5.0 engine. Going with the 5.0. Wanna know why i said I was rebuilding my v 6 because my father in law is an ******* a d says I spend too much on my car and bc he thinks I don't know what I'm doing but **** him I'm going to prove him wrong
Sorry just real mad right now. I work at my girlfriends family business a machine shot. Well there is this 65 year old man who works there, and he stays on meth he's a meth head and he's responsible for my hand getting smash by a chunk of steel and broke my hand broken bone and bunch of joints and smaller bones may be outa place cut my hand blood squirting out like a water gun. Yeah it was bad. Well my father in law asked me since he's paying me I could at least show up, work men's comp whatever bs. He got a new hoist and this same 65 year old guy took down the old hoist to put in his spot and I was right under neithe it and handing him tools and bam the guy done dropped the whole hoist and nearly landed on me. And I went tell my father in law I had a smile bc I was glad I was fine and all he had to say was " oh and it's funny huh?" And he said it sarcastically and I said you don't give a **** if I got hurt do ya? And he flat out said at least if the hoisted landed on me I coulda saved it from breaking! Wtf!

What this has to do with my 5.0 swap we'll it has to do with how I try so hard for nothing to win his acceptance I mean this Is my father in law.
Not to sound mean but if he's a meth head **** him his acceptance isn't worth ****. Plus he is going to get you killed. That guy is probably ****ed up more ways than one so I don't think there's anything you can do to gain his acceptance. Think you need a new place to work as well....
Old 5/16/13, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I may save up 5 k and move back to Alaska with my brother settle down get a job and a place and bring my girlfriend up there with me

Last edited by Blackout; 5/16/13 at 05:12 PM.
Old 5/16/13, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be this way but man im just fed up
Old 5/16/13, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Well I may save up 5 k and move back to Alaska with my brother settle down get a job and a place and bring my girlfriend up there with me
I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be this way but man im just fed up
Might be something worth doing if you ask me. Your in a bad situation and should probably get away from the father in law. Maybe if he ever sobers up hell be worth your time.
Old 5/16/13, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

He's not on meth btw that 65 year old guy is. My father in law is a lazy ***! So he basically complains the business is in trouble and doesn't care or take Initiative actions to handle the business like a man!

Quick Reply: 5.0 mustang 95