1974-1978 Mustang II Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

*Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/06, 04:19 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hiznherponies
Star Wars? Ok, if it floats your boat!!! LOL!!! I'd be all over that other II ASAP, if you want to get any parts off of it. Take plenty of tools, plus a short piece of pipe that fits over your breaker bar or ratchet to extend your handle for more leverage!! WD-40, too, if you've got any!!! And a big hammer, just in case!!! Maybe Santa will be good to you and you'll score the right parts!!! John

I'm bringing tons WD40 is gods gift to parts scroungers. Too bad its a coupe tou I wanted a hatch. May have to take the door hinges, mine rattle. bumpers too, if $$ allos (mine are cracked). I wonder if that thing has a rear sway bar...

and as for the Star Wars... welll..... It's not gonna be an uber shiny thing, its gonna be flat, with star warsy things on it, text, logos etc. It'll stil; have a cobra on it tho thats fer sure. Now if i could just find a way to mount a laste turret....
Old 12/4/06, 09:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with the "salvage mission". Hope the exhaust manifolds work out. Try to grab as many of the trim pieces as you can and things like the tailights, bezels, and so on. Supposedly those are kind of hard to come by nowadays.
Old 12/4/06, 09:24 PM
Post *****

Definately. Oh, and I'm bringing her home tomorow

Went and looked at her today (shes dirty ) lol. I'll try and get phone pics up here soon. The 302 lookss ssiiikkkkkk in there, and the mechanic (dunno why) moved my motor back a few inches. Hell, it may make the exhaust a little harder but shoot, for handling thats great stuff. I'm basically gonna drive it home with a hedman on the pass and a backward lincoln on the driver. Going to Milpitas this weekend to get the stock manifolds and whatever else I can pull.

And I saaw that B&M Megashifter... HOLY HELL!!!! GORGEOUS!!!
Old 12/4/06, 09:41 PM
Post *****

these are the only ones who's filesize is small enough for my phone to send out in a piccture message. And they have been compressed from the original 1280x960

Old 12/5/06, 06:00 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Why does your stang looks so (motor) different from mine?... and why dont u make your own custom hand made headers?... thats what I did... and they shure r a pain in the a s s

EDIT:

you know what... I owe you some pics... its late and not a lot of light... but im gona go to my garage to take some pics of the engine bay... and post them here tomorrow... maybe the pics would help you... dunno... hope I can help in any way... btw, goin 2 NY from dec 19 till jan 10... u know anyone up there?
Old 12/5/06, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Just brought her home!!!! Pics are from yest when i went and looked. I cant gun her or mash the trhottle tho. wanna kno why? lol

the exhaust right now is two stock lincoln manifolds, backward. i revved the carb by hand when she was parked... FLAMMEESSSS

holy **** lol. On the entire drive home, i didnt even go past 3Krpm, yet i still made it from standstills to 75 on the freeway

i love my car

i love my life.

Today I became an uncle, got two great grades on tests in AP enlgish and AP physics and got the greatest car ever. This makes the ticket i got this morning (not coming to a complete stop!!!! DOH!!!) ok

thanks to y'all for sticking with me this whole way. No mods planned, i'm so **** happy with what ive got, and ive only used about 1/2 this motors capabilities

i just need some real exuast and i will be happy
Old 12/5/06, 11:22 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24

Video... need video of the V8 powered II!
Old 12/5/06, 11:32 PM
Post *****

You'll get it

Just not at 10:30pm. Neighbors won't appreciate open headers and squealing tires at this hour lol
Old 12/5/06, 11:37 PM
FR500 Member

Good thing you weren't busted for your exhaust (or lack of it)! Now about that underhood wiring...
Old 12/5/06, 11:57 PM
Post *****

Speaking of that, I just had an ingenious idea! what if i just stick with those backward Lincolns eh? Oh right... loudness...

BUT what if i kept it like that, and instead of routing my exhuast to the rear (with tons of bends and turns and pipe) why not hook em up almost directly to some flowmasterse UNDER THE HOOD and face the exhaust forward with turndowns?! IT's different, and it could work, and it doesnt matter anymore that my engine moved backwards 2 inches!no one would EVER suspect that... hmm.... maybe I do have achance at best of show at the 30th VMOA show in may

heres my diagram...

Grey: motor and radiator (i assume you all know which is which lol)
Red: Backwards lincoln manfolds
Green: NEW piping and mufflers (all hypothetical for now, but i think, if the aprts all line up, i wil do it)

This is something i can fab up myself and learn from and will be REALLY neat too! and hey... if im ever at a red light, and acute little honey is walking by.... a little rev will get more than just her ear's attention but now im just being desperate. But in all seriousness, weird oddities like this are what i want. it all adds character, and crazy ideas like this are very millenium falcon esque and you know how i am about that...
Old 12/6/06, 12:15 AM

Idle heat builds up, and the sound of your engine overheating at a stoplight would definately get their attention

Just ask some people around here on specifics to see if this would be alright and if you would need extra vents to help cool your engine bay.

Peter
Old 12/6/06, 12:17 AM
Post *****

As I said to you on aim petey, this will work
Old 12/6/06, 10:31 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

ARIN!!...
CONGRATS!...
Now, if you make that wierdo thing... your gona have some problems... the engine could overheat because your mufflers are gona be so close to the radiator... next you would loose performance cause your air filter will be gettin all the hot air instead of the cold air... after that, remember you will be inhalating all the smoke coming right to your nose and causing some pain in your eyes... why dont u make them come out of the sides betwen the front tire and the door?... besides the cobra?... you would have to make a hole tough...

did I help? lol...
Old 12/6/06, 10:48 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

NOW... about the pics I owed you... hope this would help you some how... if you need them in other angle, or full size pics tell me
Attached Thumbnails *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7474.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7475.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7476.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7477.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7478.jpg  

*Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7479.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7480.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7481.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7482.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7483.jpg  

Old 12/6/06, 10:53 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

More pics

PS: about that weird setup... I forgot to add... what do you think its going to hapen if you get rain, water, snow, mud, or something like that... and it runs straight to your engine?... kapow!
Attached Thumbnails *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7484.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7485.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7486.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7487.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7488.jpg  

*Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7489.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7490.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7491.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7492.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7493.jpg  

Old 12/6/06, 10:56 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

last pics...
Attached Thumbnails *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7494.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7495.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7496.jpg   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup-photo-library-7497.jpg  
Old 12/6/06, 11:20 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Pretty cool looking II there ARF!

I like the mag 500 style 4 lug wheels.

Only thing i think it needs is a ducktail but thats only my opinion.
Old 12/6/06, 03:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool Hmmmm?

First, Arin, all I can say is WOW!!!That 302 looks at home in there!! Second, buy a turndown or something to keep the exhaust off of things that it doesn't need to blow on, it'll be REAL hot!! Third, even tho it does look real good in there, isn't that the truck Mega-shifter? I didn't thing the car shifter was so tall? If it works for you, its all good with me!!!Btw, that Star Wars theme sounds interesting!!! Make sure you post some drawings or pics when you can!! Use the Force, Arin!!!
Old 12/6/06, 04:54 PM
Post *****

Thanks guys! The car drives great! Its only stalled on me when I neglect to let it warm up for about 5 minutes, but other than that

As for heat, I really need to work something out this week for my exhaust. I already burnt one wire and now my reverse lights dont work. Meh, I can fix that in a bit. also have to hoock up my speedo (they forgot lol). And with that diagram, I think it will work out fine. Its not THAT hot down there as it is, and if i do it with turndowns i think it will be fine. I may even polish the turndowns to give em that "fang" look hehehe. Plus there isnt enough rain or mud around here for me to worry, it doesnt snow either. Things will work out. People have done crazzier things. All I have to do is work out the spacing, make a few brackets and it's good to go.

As for air coming into the car, it will all be cold. There is a cut in my hood right above the air cleaner right now (to make the hood close) All i have to do is trim the blocking panel of the fiberglass scoop and bam, instant cold air kit.

The shifter is savage. i love it. It is a little high, and i cant exactly tell what gear im in, but i always know from the clicks dear god its fun. Havnt manually shifted yet, but im looking forward to it. I took it easy today driving to and from school...

speaking of driving... this thing gets SOOOO many looks. There hasnt been a single other teenage boy ive seen either on the street walking, biking, or sitting in the passenger seats of moms car that isnt staring at my car. i absolutely adore the attention lol

I accidentally chirped my tires. ACCIDENTALLY!!!! in the V6 i had to dump the clutch at 6K rpm to get that. I dont go over 3k. from a stopsign in teh backroad today insted of slowing building up to 3K i just WENT at 3K and holy hell!!! i got thrown back, front of the car started rising. it wascrraaaazzzzzzzzyyyy

Funnest car ive ever driven. I want a new steering wheel tho, the thing is so thin

Arf, Tanks for the pictures big time. I like what you have there, but I aim to misbehave...er... be differnt (10 points if you can site that movie reference). Especially since my motor is not mounted in the normal location, its 1-2 inches backwards, this is really the only idea i have left. And looking at the space i have, i think it just might work. I might be selling the glasspacks soon to a girl i know with a '65 289 coupe.
Old 12/6/06, 06:19 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

AUSTIN POWERS!!!
Some bananas?...

Quick Reply: *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup