Old 10/26/06, 08:00 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cant wait to see that
Old 10/31/06, 01:18 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arin... im looking 4 some parts... very rare and harder to find down here... could you help me maybe?... or someone else?...
Remember those cromed bumper trim thingies... and the center clock... and the center celling light cover?...

Thanks in advance!
Old 10/31/06, 02:13 PM
Post *****

Well...

Heres the ceiling light itself, no lense though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...spagenameZWDVW

Keep in mind that the same light were used on Pintos, Bobcats, Torinos and a few other Fords of that time period.

The center clock might also be on ebay.. I've seen them on there before, but there aren't any at the moment.

As for the chrome bumper things... I don't think i know what you are talking about. I've never heard of it and I've never seen any chrome on the stock II bumper (though I've seen some chrome bumper conversions that looked pretty cool).

Also, post a thread asking for these parts at the mustangii.net forums. Someone with a large cache of parts may have one laying around that they could sell you for cheap.

Good luck!
Old 10/31/06, 04:43 PM
Post *****

CON SARNIT!!!!

Still not done
Talked to uncle on Saturday: "Yeah, we'll take it to the custom header shop to do all the exhaust Monday morning"

Monday afternoon: "I didn't get a chance to, I'll do it tomorow morning"

5 Minutes ago: "We'll do it tomorow in the morning"

*sigh*

My baby is very overdue I want to drive a REAL car!!!!!!!
Old 11/1/06, 04:15 PM
Post *****

Well....

Uncle called today (in the middle of AP Statistics!!! I asked my teacher if I could take the car, as it was an "emergency" )

So.... he took it to muffler shop. Guess his first words on the phone:

"Do you want us to save you the trouble and take it to the junkyard for you?"

and proceeded to tell me the custom header along with the rest of my exhuast was going to run me 1800 and take another week and a half or so.

I hope to hell I get the second job at Best Buy

Phones are open to contributions
Old 11/1/06, 09:05 PM
FR500 Member

Too bad about the whole exhaust fiasco. Are you confident enough in your welding skills to try and fab your own? Otherwise, maybe you could try using stock exhaust manifolds from a 302 powered II and port them. (Wish I could give you my neighbor's vinyl-roofed coupe - Ghia? It needs to be put out of its misery - more rust than metal!). At least you'll have something usable. My $.02.
Old 11/1/06, 09:19 PM
I'm people, and I like.

sad news indeed
Old 11/1/06, 09:36 PM
Post *****

I've never welded in my life, but confident I could learn. Its too late now though

Those $130 stock exhaust manifolds from ebay are looking better day by day... I wish i hadn't passed them up for headers....

Hey, but at least I know my car is different and more fun than the cookie cutter Fox I could have bought. (In case you don't remember, when buying the car it was inbetween this and a beat up '83 GT for $2000, MUCH worse condition than Fiona) Sure its costing an arm, leg and my first and as of yet unborn child, but such is life in the Muscle Car world. And I guess also when your life is Arin's, where nothing works the way it should

*sigh* I need a good beer or something
Old 11/2/06, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

If you go with the exaust manifolds remember that ford made highflow manifolds also. I don't know exactly how much more flow but more flow is still more flow. they are visually larger also. I had them on my truck before the engine was in the mustang so when I compared them with the 289 that came in the mustang I was amazed about how much bigger they were. I don't know exactly what vehicles they were offered on but i can do some research for ya.
Old 11/2/06, 10:22 AM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Hello Arin... sorry to post on your post... but more people like you than me, LOL... remember the parts I told you about? here is the link with pictures... http://amcm.mustangclub.com.mx/mexic...pic.php?t=4382 I know its in spanish, but pictures are pictures...

Can someone help me?
Old 11/2/06, 01:48 PM
Post *****

Well Kyle, the only problem with things like that, or any header for that matter, is that just about nothing fits in a Mustang II, let alone larger high-flow parts. Hell, the STOCK Lincoln Continental Mark VII LSC manifolds didnt fit in there. Well whats done is done, and I can't do anything now. They've already started the custom work.

And about those parts... The light is the only thing that is familiar to me. You can probably find it on ebay sooner or later.

The chrome bumper insert is different from American Mustang IIs. Our bumper inserts are urethane/plasticy not metal or chrome.

I'm not entirely sure about the clock though. I've actually never seen a II with a clock so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not the American and Mexican cars can share those parts. I mean I'm sure you could put an American clock in a Mexican car, and vice versa, but it wouldn't be original if thats what you desire. Sorry if that doesn't help all that much
Old 11/2/06, 02:02 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
arin is the problem shock tower clearence issues?
Old 11/2/06, 02:10 PM
Post *****

Not at all, its the steering coulumn. Shock towers are easy to fix:

I'm fed up with caring about this. At the end of the day at least I can say I have a custom exhaust lol (must.... stay..... calm....)
so yeah.. thats basically it
Old 11/2/06, 02:18 PM
Needs to be more Astony

ok gotcha... i thought it was the shock towers and if that were the case nothing a little trimming couldn't fix...but i can see the steering rack would be a little harder to deal with.

can't wait to see it on the road.. its going to be sweet
Old 11/2/06, 02:26 PM
Post *****

Yep, its gonna look great next to the "other car" that I might start a thread about hehehe
Old 11/2/06, 03:17 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by future9er24
Yep, its gonna look great next to the "other car" that I might start a thread about hehehe
and i thought 1 project car was making you go crazy.

or maybe you aren't crazy and just carazy
Old 11/2/06, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool

Arin, Sorry to here about your exhaust fiasco, I can really feel your pain!!! Don't know if you've looked into it,but I think that Hedman and other manufacturers offer partially built kits, where you finish the header by either welding in the last tube or so, or you slip it on (better if you need to remove them) using slip-fit connectors. But whatever you wind up doing, just know that you're on the way to a really cool, custom 'stang!!!

P.S. There used to be a roller-bearing, u-jointed steering shaft for the foxes, used to get rid of the factory rag-joint shaft, that gave more room for headers, was wondering if you've thought of something like that?
Old 11/2/06, 03:40 PM
Post *****

First, the mysterious "other car" is for the car club I started at school. Heres three hints:

German Chassis
American Motor
British Styling

More on that later

Thanks for the kind words John, but I'm not sure that I understand that steering thing you mentioned. Steering is most certainly not my forte
Old 11/2/06, 05:23 PM
FR500 Member

Well, that hammer can be used to "fix" headers too!
As for the steering shaft part - it usually starts from the firewall (not exactly, but it connects to the steering column) and ends going into the (power) steering rack. Try browsing Summit's catalog, it will give you a better idea of what it looks like. The manufacturer that comes quickest to mind is Flaming River - they make that part and manual steering racks for Fox applications. I know it is too late, but hotrodders also have header fitment issues of this kind as well and there are companies out there who make that sort of stuff. Well, I guess it'll make you treasure your ride even more once you get it up and running.
Old 11/2/06, 05:39 PM
Post *****

Hmm I'll have to look into that And while it is a tad too late, thanks a bunch. I can always appreciate learning stuff. I guess you're right btw, about treasuring it even more. Anyone can go buy headers and bolt/bang em on. Its so much more involved when you have a II lol

Quick Reply: *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup