Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/21, 04:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks everyone!
Old 8/8/21, 08:56 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Fix it
I bought & drove my 08 home...
Very nice. That is a very clean looking '08. Nice find. Congrats and welcome to TMS!

Tell us more...
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Fix it (8/8/21)
Old 8/8/21, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
That's one minty fresh looking drop top.Not even any paint chips on the hood
Mr. Fix it (8/8/21)
Old 8/8/21, 09:09 AM
GT Member

What I did with my Stang today.Well,actually yesterday,but who's counting

Got the back springs done.Really still not 100% done.Couldn't get anywhere near enough torque on the shock bolts,and panhard bar bolt,which I probably didn't even need to loosen

Looks like I'll have to take it to a shop to use a lift just to finish torquing those 3 bolts

I don't think my fat,crippled,old body can take 2 days in a row of dealing with changing the fronts,so I'm going to try to tackle them next weekend
Mr. Fix it (8/8/21)
Old 8/8/21, 01:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Drop Top
That's one minty fresh looking drop top.Not even any paint chips on the hood
thanks

photos can hide a multitude of blemishes

it is minor for chips but it has a couple of garage rash marks from a rake falling onto
until I can fix them I will avoid taking any pictures of the area 😋
Old 8/8/21, 02:40 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Attended a car show today. What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo957.jpgWhat did you do with your Mustang today?-photo505.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
Jaryd21 (8/8/21), Mr. Fix it (8/9/21)
Old 8/9/21, 04:00 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Wait. WAIT.

There's headers and springs and exhaust for the Caliber?!

Just... c'mon, man, you're playin' with me on that. No way.

/Runs off to go buy things for a car he should not be buying such things for.

The 2 inch drop MOPAR approved springs and the c.a.i., also the header were bought from MOPAR. Can't find any being sold now . DC Sports also sold the header but they look like they no longer have them .

This is a video I made a long time ago for a friend I have in Ireland. Just to show all the normal sounds from the engine. I had the engine cover removed for the video. He thought he had something wrong with his Caliber. It's just the injectors clicking and normal . The Magnaflow catback exhaust was bought from Magnaflow.

Old 8/9/21, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix it
thanks

photos can hide a multitude of blemishes

it is minor for chips but it has a couple of garage rash marks from a rake falling onto
until I can fix them I will avoid taking any pictures of the area 😋
I know what you mean.Guess mine looks pretty good in pics,but in person,every square inch is nothing but scratches and huge chunks of paint gone.I swear every time I look there's a couple more dents and chips that weren't there just hours ago

Guess that's the price we gotta pay for driving them
Mr. Fix it (8/10/21)
Old 8/9/21, 11:45 AM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Drop Top
Drove it with the new Bama 93 oct "race" tune for the first time.NICE!

Somehow I swear it's much quieter.On the cold start,I noticed it didn't idle crazy high like stock,so I figured that was why it wasn't nearly as loud,but upon driving to work,it still sure seemed much quieter.

I may not bother putting a muffler on it now.I've been trying to decide on an exhaust setup since deleting the muffler.I have a good pair of 2 1/2" Thrush "Welded Mufflers" which I think are a copy of the good ol' Flowmaster 40's everybody used on the old pushrod 5.0 Stangs.Been thinking about using one of those in the stock location,or putting it right after the y-pipe with a 90 degree turn on the back of it for a side exit,or using both with an x-pipe.I'm so indecisive,I obsess over every little thing 24/7 for months,or years,and half the time never end up making a decision

Anyway,loving the tune so far,and my new lowering springs and bumpstops just came.Just in time for the weekend
different engine all together but I had a 98 v6 that I wielded in a factory gt h pipe rear section then bolted on a stock gt cat back. It was nice sounding but quiet so I had the thrush welded series installed and it was a great upgrade. Best of all it didnt drone. 3.8 90 degree v6 seems to have a deeper tone at lower rpms than the 60 degree v6 but the 4.0 shouldn't sound bad with it
Old 8/10/21, 10:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bigshow14
different engine all together but I had a 98 v6 that I wielded in a factory gt h pipe rear section then bolted on a stock gt cat back. It was nice sounding but quiet so I had the thrush welded series installed and it was a great upgrade. Best of all it didnt drone. 3.8 90 degree v6 seems to have a deeper tone at lower rpms than the 60 degree v6 but the 4.0 shouldn't sound bad with it
Cool,thanks for the info.

Back in my pushrod 5.0 days I ran these Thrush muffs with dumps.Horrendous drone and crazy loud,with the rest of the exhaust system stock.I remember reading that it was due to the dumps.I read chambered type muffs need some length of pipe after the muffs to sound good,even on a 5.0.Don't recall the amount of pipe

With the stock location on the Stang being clear at the back,with no room for anything but a tip,I'm afraid it'd sound bad.But then again,you can't compare a V-6 with a single exhaust to a V-8 with duals and h-pipe,so who knows?

I've been reading the ancient threads here on the V-6 performance section from clear back when these cars were new.Noticed talk of an "aero turbine" muff.A couple of the guys here dyno tested it and gained,I think it was something like 10 hp at the wheels,with nothing but that muff

I did some searching and found out you can still get those aero turbine muffs,both direct from the manufacturer,and even on good ol' Ebay,as low as $65 shipped.All stainless inside and out.No fiberglass packing.I'll let those interested do a google search on it to see how it works

If it weren't for those 16 year old threads about it on here,I would've dismissed it as ridiculous ad claims to sucker people out of their money.I'm seriously considering getting one of those now,although I'll probably still try my Thrush first,since all I have to do is install it
Old 8/10/21, 12:48 PM

A local guy has a 09 v6 and has a 40 series flowmaster on it just a single. Replaced the stock muffler. It sounds pretty good. The thrush will probably work out for you.
Old 8/10/21, 10:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bigshow14
A local guy has a 09 v6 and has a 40 series flowmaster on it just a single. Replaced the stock muffler. It sounds pretty good. The thrush will probably work out for you.
I take it he just put it in the stock location,clear at the back?If so,that's good to know that it sounds good like that

I just reread some of the old threads here I mentioned,and it turns out that 10 rwhp improvement wasn't over the stock muff,it was over a Magnaflow,which also gave him a 10rwhp increase over the stock muff.So I guess it's safe to say it was actually a 20rwhp increase over the stock muff,and a lot of folks were raving about how great it sounded too

Sounds too good to be true,but it was dyno proven.I imagine some of the guys from back then are still on here

I've noticed 95% of the threads on the V-6 performance section were about exhaust,and the rest were CAI's and tunes
Old 8/11/21, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
Well I have been prepping my car for the car show Saturday here where I live and today was polish day. Started out with the 3" DA pad for the small spots and around the door. Places like that. They turned out pretty good. I was running out of time though so I was like well I can get the hood done and then do the rest in the morning before work or Friday. Nope turns out there was something on the pads or something. Left these horrible streaks of polish on the car and didnt go on right ugh. Makes for a very early morning. Cant work on it after work it's my wife's bday.
Old 8/11/21, 10:36 PM
GT Member

Added another little goody

Didn't get it lined up just right.It's a little too far to the left,and a wee bit low.Naturally I couldn't tell it was misaligned till after it was too late.......'Cause that's how it works (That's my catchphrase)

On the plus side,I didn't know the "third eye" as I call it,didn't work till I tried to see how it looked lit up with the sticker
Jaryd21 (8/12/21)
Old 8/11/21, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jaryd21
there was something on the pads or something. Left these horrible streaks of polish on the car and didnt go on right ugh. Makes for a very early morning. Cant work on it after work it's my wife's bday.

"Cause that's how it works".....See,my catchphrase works for everybody
Old 8/14/21, 08:45 PM

Raised my car back up to stock and installed the Borla OTA pipes. Installed my lowering springs on my sons car. My car rode like dookie and his rides fine with my springs. I guess the engine weight difference is the reason.

Old 8/14/21, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I went to the Pottsville car show today but my phone is being stupid and won't let me upload the pics I will have them for you guys in the morning. I mean the morning when I wake up now not now at 1am lol
Old 8/14/21, 11:42 PM
GT Member

I got ONE front spring changed today,and it still took me over 7 hours
I didn't do the disassembly right,removed the nut from the strut itself before removing the 4 small ones up top,so the spring shot out and took out the sway bar link on its way thru
Somehow I didn't lose any body parts,and as far as I could tell,no other damage was done.Then I spent an hour or so trying to squish the new spring on with the compressor I picked up last night,with no success.After giving up all hope,I drove around for 2 or 3 hours trying to find someplace that could do it.The only 2 places that hadn't closed at noon couldn't do it,so back to Advance Auto to see if they had another compressor
Turns out the one I got there yesterday was only for rear springs,not struts.After getting the correct tool,it wasn't too bad of a job getting her back together
Hopefully I'll be able to knock out the other one quick n easy tomorrow....Yeah,right,like that could ever happen
Then another future adventure replacing the sway bar link,or using this as an excuse to get a bigger bar,and then I'd need a rear one

Old 8/15/21, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah right if it goes smooth I would be worried. That usually my motto. If it was easy then there had to be something I missed lol.
Old 8/15/21, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jaryd21
Yeah right if it goes smooth I would be worried. That usually my motto. If it was easy then there had to be something I missed lol.
That's right,cause that's how it works

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?