Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/21, 05:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
[Regarding Thread Title, so skip over for that mudflap talkin'. ]

Awesome's been sittin' in the garage for quite the bit. Reasons. Mostly "work truck" I got (Dodge Caliber, aka The Silver Pellet) does three things: It sips gas relatively speaking (and uses cheaper gas to boot), it hauls stuff easier than Awesome (although she does have quite the room for bodies) and it's more convenient to get in and go because I'd have to move the Pellet to get Awesome out, and so many times I'm just goin' *right now* and I can't drag all that around.

So yeah. Poor girl's been sittin'.

Today, though, I put my foot down. Well, feet down. Well, up and down, alternately.. then both on the ground... then up and down alternating some more... what was I talkin' about...?

Oh yeah. Today I got Awesome out of the garage! But I did have to charge the battery because 5 volts ain't gonna get it. So I put in the new blower motor for the Pellet because the original one quit and I mean *now*. Very weird. It'd had paused a couple of times, but then yesterday "nope I'mma leave now." FINE. So I did that, and I also put in new NGK PowerGs or whatever Watch JR Go says (and it happens the Cailber forums also agree), hadda gap them, installed them nice, and the Pellet seems happier. He'd been running rough. Turns out the same kind NGKs that were in there, properly done with the antiseize on the threads (because that needs doin') were gapped *REAL* bad. Like .060. How the thing even ran... And I think they were put that way on purpose, they didn't seem all that worn out. I don't know. Read about some yahoos puttin' the things at .050, but this is a stock engine, so... yeah. We're gonna do it right. Gapped the new ones at .044 like they ought and tests seem to indicate... yeah. That was it. But if the goofiness that I was puttin' those in for comes back, gonna have to stick a scantool on it, oh well. No engine lights, so probably not your average tool will do. Yay or something.

[But this is about the Mustang, houtex, get back on it.]

Oh, and I went ahead and swapped out the PCV valve because 123K nearly, so might as well.

[Must. Ang.]

THEN... I sat about because dang y'all, it's freakin' HOT out there. [Oh good grief...] Figured the battery needed to sit and charge for a while... [Well...ok, that's relevant, continue.]

THEN... I checked the battery after charging, and it was indicating 12.83 Volts. Yay.

Then 12.80 volts...

Then 12.75 volts...

Then 12.70 volts...

So... yeah, I'll be acquirin' a swapper battery from the Wally Worl. I may have warranty on this EverettStart, but if not, well, I deserve this. I shouldn't let her sit up battery on, and/or I need to disconnect the thing, and/or I need to put a trickle on it. I know, I know... I always thought "this weekend, I'll get her out" and then stuff happened.. I can guarantee ya Ride the Motorcycle ain't gonna be happy, she's next, but I'll just get another battery out of rote. Just seems proper on them tiny batteries if you don't run them all the time.

ANYWAY... Long story longer, I got her started, rolled out the garage, noises ensued as joints pop and groan like old people (me) and she's out in the sun! And gawdafully dirty. One trip down to the sudsy place for cars and while she might need more detail, for a quick hit by my hand on that dirt, she's lookin' pretty sweet as usual. Warts and all.

Drove her around and boy howdy... I do miss this car for drivin'. Me and her fell right back into lockstep. Vroomin' around. Enjoyin' the roads. Not enjoyin' the traffic. And really, not enjoyin' the A/C because it's broke. I got the parts for that, soon(tm). But man, she is so flickable between lanes, corners like stupid, and goes and goes... She's a *bad* influence on my drivin'.

Went by the parents, they're nearby, said howdy, and got back in... yep. Battery's goin' out. Definitely gonna have to swap that in the am. No worries, that's how it is sometimes.

Got home no problems though, put her up, and came right here to type all this stupidness out. Because that's what I did with my Mustang today. More will happen tomorrow I hope.

Y'all're welcome for the update.

/I have GOT to figure out how to get and keep the dang Pellet outta the way. No driveway alleyway 2 not-long car (ain't no Grand Marquis goin in there) garage issues, and a Motorcycle to boot.

Last edited by houtex; 6/19/21 at 05:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by houtex:
Ed Iverson (6/20/21), Jaryd21 (6/19/21), shaneyusa (6/20/21)
Old 6/19/21, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
Glad to hear you got Awsome out today. Now just keep her charged and running is key. Lol I joke but I have the same issue. I hope she keeps treating you right and you keep having fun
Old 6/20/21, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Update: Battery's saved, seems. Went out and checked it, 12V after an overnight sit, so not shorted inside, and started right up!

Now to get her inspected, new sticker, and keep the '06' month tradition I started wayyy back when. She's always re-registered in June to keep that number, because... ... attention to detail! Yeah, that's it.

/Says the guy who let the battery run down.
The following 2 users liked this post by houtex:
Ed Iverson (6/20/21), Jaryd21 (6/20/21)
Old 6/20/21, 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lol dont be to hard on your self it only takes a few long weeks at work and things to do around the house and stuff piling up in front of her and bam the day you wanna take her out she say nope you ain't getting this.

It's like my Eddie (short for edith) just wanted to look under the hood to clean it up a little and bam needs a serpentine belt. It was cracking. And just like that replaced that, the front sway bar link ends, map lights which yes I got the leds and they stay lite a little not really concerned about that. Also looked at the stock hood scoop on her and yes it was sticking up a little so me being OCD about my car had to take it off clean that and and where it sits and put some new 3m tape on it. Ugh always something when you want your car look good and not have weird sounds. Oh yeah I also pulled the sway bar off and re greased the bushings while I was replacing the end links. And since i am off all week by my self i will be doing a full detail inside and out. Pick up some stuff I want to try from the ford nationals.
still waiting for the MGW short throw to arrive and my shifter ***** should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Just hard to decide I put the pics up on the short throw thread i put up. Thinking the black and dark blue from cj.
that's the end of my rant.

Last edited by Jaryd21; 6/20/21 at 06:57 PM.
Old 6/20/21, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Put on my new license plate frame

Covers up the ugly edges of the plate,and adds a little humor for the tailgaters amusement
Old 6/21/21, 06:22 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,120 Likes on 804 Posts
Nice, but I usually see something like that on a Jeep or a 4x4 Pickup.
The following users liked this post:
Jaryd21 (6/21/21)
Old 6/21/21, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

your right usually a 4x4 thing. Or Jeep thing in that case lol
Old 6/21/21, 07:48 AM
GT Member

I didn't think of that,but now that you mention it,it makes sense

I was about to order a custom frame that you can put whatever saying you want on it.I was gonna go with "My little pony" Then I came across this one and found it hilarious
shaneyusa (6/24/21)
Old 6/24/21, 02:52 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,120 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Drop Top
I didn't think of that,but now that you mention it,it makes sense

I was about to order a custom frame that you can put whatever saying you want on it.I was gonna go with "My little pony" Then I came across this one and found it hilarious

Sorry for ruining that one for you...
Old 6/24/21, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Sorry for ruining that one for you...
It still makes me giggle when I see it,so it's all good
Old 6/26/21, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

not what you would usually see on a mustang. Still humorous
Old 6/26/21, 09:00 AM
GT Member

It'd actually be more appropriate on my other car.Seems like I'm always crashing it

Haven't had it upside down yet,but give me some more time
The following 2 users liked this post by Dark Drop Top:
Jaryd21 (6/29/21), shaneyusa (6/26/21)
Old 6/29/21, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

well let's hope it doesn't get that far.
Old 7/4/21, 06:03 PM
GT Member

Painted the "purple" pony that was really pink.It already has some gnat guts stuck to it from the short drive before taking pics.Turned out pretty good I think
Jaryd21 (7/5/21)
Old 7/9/21, 01:12 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,118 Likes on 1,700 Posts
" Gotta Have It Green"

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/6/23 at 08:49 PM. Reason: post correction
Old 7/9/21, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Makes it easy to find in a parking lot
m05fastbackGT (7/11/21)
Old 7/10/21, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Took a little road trip down to Douglasville Pa about an hour away from me this morning to pick up some great tomato pie from Corropolese.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaryd21:
m05fastbackGT (7/11/21), Stage_3 (7/11/21)
Old 7/11/21, 09:21 AM
GT Member

Tomatoe pie?Is that the scientific term for pizza?
Old 7/11/21, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

no it's basically a pizza with no cheese. It sounds dumb but they are really good. I love my pizza but when I met my wife she asked on night if I wanted to order pizza and my answer was of course. We got the pizza and when I opened it I was already on the phone with the pizza shop when she came out and asked what I was doing and I told her that they forgot to put cheese on the pizza lol she laughed and said that it's a tomato pie. I felt dumb when they lizza place picked up lol. If you even get the chance to eat one try it you won't regret it especially if it's a Corropolese one they are the best in my own opinion.
m05fastbackGT (7/11/21)
Old 7/12/21, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Interesting.I've never understood cheese pizza,no pepperoni or anything on it.Seems to me that's just a grilled cheese sammich.Now I find out there's an even LESS THAN cheese pizza

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?