Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/14, 09:48 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Today is detail day...going to my Mustang Club sponsored show tomorrow...just taking a little coffe break. I'm waiting to buff out a 4th coat of Liquid Glass. I want to get several more coats on, perhaps a total of 10, before it gets put under wraps.

The car is still pretty clean from last week's show. I didn't drive it much during the week, but it still needs some tweaking and touch up. The Liquid Glass is about the most vigorous thing today, but I'll still pretty much spend most of the day on it.

I got smart...I've been using my embroidered GT floor mats from AM since I got them in May, but before shows and cruise nites now, I keep them in the trunk, drive around with the OEM mats, and swap 'em to show.

Kinda ****, but I'm in good company with all you guys!!!
Old 9/26/14, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Today is detail day...going to my Mustang Club sponsored show tomorrow...just taking a little coffe break. I'm waiting to buff out a 4th coat of Liquid Glass. I want to get several more coats on, perhaps a total of 10, before it gets put under wraps. The car is still pretty clean from last week's show. I didn't drive it much during the week, but it still needs some tweaking and touch up. The Liquid Glass is about the most vigorous thing today, but I'll still pretty much spend most of the day on it. I got smart...I've been using my embroidered GT floor mats from AM since I got them in May, but before shows and cruise nites now, I keep them in the trunk, drive around with the OEM mats, and swap 'em to show. Kinda ****, but I'm in good company with all you guys!!!
My stock mats are still in the wrapper. I will only take them out when I go to a show. I got the Ford all weather mats, but they are somewhat of a disappointment, to say the least. Oh well, they only cost $76 and they have a running pony on them. They're already worn down from my heel, under the clutch and brake pedals.
Old 9/26/14, 10:39 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
They're already worn down from my heel, under the clutch and brake pedals.
Are they carpet material or rubber?

I'd been using my expensive GT mats since May, and they seemed to get worn down and badly flattened in the same area. I vac'd them, then scrubbed them with Woolite foam carpet spray and a stiff brush, then vac'd again. The carpet pile popped back up, looks brand new.
Old 9/26/14, 10:44 AM
FR500 Member

These....
Attached Images  
Old 9/26/14, 10:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
The super-XL size alone is awesome, but hearing the fans and seeing that massive thing behind the bumper is uber-cool The pics: Getting ready: (yes, I painted it black so it blends in behind the bumper better) Now, the size difference between the VMP and the standard Whipple HE: The VMP is slightly thicker, huh? Mid-install: Just about done: New front-end look, including the newly tinted fogs (using film from bigwormgraphix.com): And just cuz it was there and they look awesome together, a pic with both beasts together We didn't get to install the Roush lower grille delete. Turns out I have a template that says "rear side splitter" or something like that on it ... and not a template for the front bumper, and it was getting late so we tabled that for another day, when we'll also get the new 170-degree t-stat installed, and hopefully a new tune for it, to turn on the OEM fan at lower temps .
Nice gabe! How are the new iat's?

I'm going to slow down on the mods for a little. I knew when I got the car, I needed to do tint, clearbra, catback and suspension. Those things are all done now. We're getting into the foul weather, so I really need to find time to protect my paint, now that I have my PC. Other than that, it will be small appearance things here and there (paint the calipers, new grilles, Roush splitters all around, RTR decklid when it ever becomes available, possibly new emblems, etc). We'll see. Now that I'm lowered, I'm really wanting new wheels. I'm thinking about doing the 19x9.5" Niche Veronas for now, and adding the 20x10.5" in rear later, leaving not only the staggered width, but staggered diameter too, a la GT500. That would allow me to reuse my stock tires for now, kinda like you did. I like the stock Brembo wheels, but they're....stock.
Don't go half on the wheels. Do it all at once, once you are ready. Just save up for when you are ready to go with the full set of what you want and how you want it.
Old 9/26/14, 11:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
1. Got told by the owner of a super snake that he liked my exhaust sound better than his and wanted to know how to reproduce it.

2. Got wheels/tires balanced for Terlingua. Guy who did them said they couldn't be smoother and more stable. Thumbs up for 200+mph next week.

3. Air dam goes on today, line lock and driveshaft loop tomorrow.
Old 9/26/14, 11:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
[QUOTE=kcoTiger;6854624]1. Got told by the owner of a super snake that he liked my exhaust sound better than his and wanted to know how to reproduce it.

2. Got wheels/tires balanced for Terlingua. Guy who did them said they couldn't be smoother and more stable. Thumbs up for 200+mph next week.

Looking forward to vid footage

Old 9/26/14, 11:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Are they carpet material or rubber? I'd been using my expensive GT mats since May, and they seemed to get worn down and badly flattened in the same area. I vac'd them, then scrubbed them with Woolite foam carpet spray and a stiff brush, then vac'd again. The carpet pile popped back up, looks brand new.
The all weather rubber ones, which were an option when ordering the car.

And Burton, I was planning on doing the 19/20 staggered setup anyways. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare couple of 19s in case anything happens to the fronts. We'll see...
Old 9/26/14, 12:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I need to get some good aftermarket mats. I'm undecided on what to do, since I like the look of carpeted mats in the summer but want good protection in the winter.

I've already almost warn through the stock mats. I'm tempted to just buy a heel plate or something.
Old 9/26/14, 12:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
The all weather rubber ones, which were an option when ordering the car. And Burton, I was planning on doing the 19/20 staggered setup anyways. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare couple of 19s in case anything happens to the fronts. We'll see...
Ah ok, makes sense then.
Old 9/26/14, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
[QUOTE=DarrenGT;6854628]
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
1. Got told by the owner of a super snake that he liked my exhaust sound better than his and wanted to know how to reproduce it.

Looking forward to vid footage

Yeah, I'm placing the cameras today and going for a drive later to see how the video turns out. If it's not clear enough I'll move the camera around. I'm going to have the dash in test mode so I can record the speed digitally. Rigged up a mount for my phone to sit on the steering column while I drive; it's not pretty but it will work for these purposes.
Old 9/26/14, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nice gabe! How are the new iat's?
No idea. It was 50 degrees out last night, and I just drove it home, when the IAT's were pretty much the same as the outside temp.

Today I've been driving the Tundra but we have to go look at a house, I might just take the Stallion out for that "errand", lol
Old 9/26/14, 02:28 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I need to get some good aftermarket mats. I'm undecided on what to do, since I like the look of carpeted mats in the summer but want good protection in the winter.

I've already almost warn through the stock mats. I'm tempted to just buy a heel plate or something.
I like the look of the carpet too. I bought these clear mats from Walmart. I think they were only $1.50/each when I bought them 7 years ago. They are really thin. They discolored a little over time, but they definitely serve their purpose. I don't have any wear on my original mats. And I drive it every day.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-...em+Description
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-clear-mats.jpg  
Old 9/26/14, 02:35 PM
FR500 Member

Just finished her.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-005-copy.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-003.jpg  
Old 9/26/14, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
well it wasnt today but it was a week ago.
cut the shaker, installed CAI, added Grabber Blue stripe
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-102_6142_zps1dc5c4d1.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-102_6075copy_zps13ee65e5.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-102_6073copy_zps25162fa3.jpg  
Old 9/26/14, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the new 170-degree t-stat installed, and hopefully a new tune for it, to turn on the OEM fan at lower temps
Just to let you know, I put my 170 stat in a couple weeks ago and it's still in the high 80's low 90 degree here. I'm seeing at least a 5 degree drop in both water temps and cylinder head temps in all conditions. I did get a tune that adjusted the fans.
Old 9/26/14, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I detailed a 2011 Camry today, and while the first coating of wax was setting up on the Camry I gave Mistress Lauren an ONR wash. After buffing wax off of the Camry I added a second layer, while that was setting up I added a layer of the wax I was using on the Camry... Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax. The stuff is durable as all hell, I used it on wifey's previous Edge and Fiona and it lasted through the winter, which last year absolutely sucked with lots of snow.

She is nice and shiny for the Mustangs and Munchkins event on Sunday in Norwood.
Old 9/26/14, 03:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
The super-XL size alone is awesome, but hearing the fans and seeing that massive thing behind the bumper is uber-cool The VMP is slightly thicker, huh?

And just cuz it was there and they look awesome together, a pic with both beasts together
That's pretty awesome. I bet you notice a big difference, especially after the thermostat change. You'll feel the difference for sure.
And yes,....the beasts look great together.
That Shelby though,...............
Old 9/28/14, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Mistress and I went to "Mustangs and Munchkins" at Infiniti of Norwood this morning.
Old 9/28/14, 11:52 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Just finished her.
She looks great Tom.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?