Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/14, 02:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Here's the response from them... Buckle up. I almost fell off my chair when I read this. I'm on hold right now for the "manager".....

THEM:
Hello Burton,
I spoke with my tech and my manager, he said that the seal is fine, he also said its not going to be something you can see when you install it on the car, its something that happened when he was opening the headlights , and that little bit of RTV on the lens will wash off when you bath the car, it was just too soon on the paint to try and scrub it off.

ME:
I respectfully disagree. The crack is pretty far inward. Looking at my current stock fog lights currently on the car, I can see completely around the fog lights and can see the outer edges of the "rim". Therefore, I am 100% sure that crack will be visible. That to me is unacceptable, esp when my car is a show car and gets judged with scrutinizing eyes. As far as the "seal" goes, you can see in the picture that there is no black RTV/adhesive around that area. Therefore, repeated cold/hot cycle exposures will cause a leak in the future.

Secondly, the "RTV" glob on the face does not wipe off. I already tried scrubbing with cleaner and microfiber towels. I even got a claybar out to scrub repeatedly. In fact, with me rubbing so hard it's starting to scratch the lens, even with microfiber towels. It's not coming off without severely scratching the lens.

My suggestion is that you guys please manufacture a 2nd fog light that is made correctly and without these issues...meanwhile, I will "run" with this setup as is, and when you guys send me the replacement, I send it back in a prepaid (by you) package to you.

I can call you and discuss.

THEM:
Burton.. we understand your position honestly we can’t just make another one these are custom made and custom smoked, if you want you can just send them back and we can refund you, I mean i think you got a really good deal on them from the beginning, but we can’t just make a new one and send it out, it would be too hard to duplicate something as custom as that light.

===============================

I about fell over my chair when I read that.

Apparently, we as customers, are supposed to just accept $hitty workmanship from suppliers. Even if say, the fog light was cracked in 1/2, too bad so sad. Where are some people's standards? And there's nothing "Custom" about my lights. In fact, they were going to sell these in mass quantities shortly after mine. It's a basic 2012 fog light, with halos, that are smoked. Ummm... what's "custom" about it? Especially if you're selling it and plan to put it on your site? Besides, the fact that it's custom has nothing to do with the fact that you manufactured a product that doesn't meet the expectations of the customer. Period.

Wow... just wow.

Looks like it's refund time. They better pay for shipping too.
Old 8/6/14, 02:42 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
THEM:
Burton.. we understand your position honestly we can’t just make another one these are custom made and custom smoked, if you want you can just send them back and we can refund you, I mean i think you got a really good deal on them from the beginning, but we can’t just make a new one and send it out, it would be too hard to duplicate something as custom as that light.
In other words,...they're a bunch of ****ing hacks and can't do the job right and send out shoddy work.
Get your money back ASAP!!!
Old 8/6/14, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Burton, why not just go for the Raxiom halo fogs from AM?
Old 8/6/14, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Old 8/6/14, 03:56 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
In other words,...they're a bunch of ****ing hacks and can't do the job right and send out shoddy work. Get your money back ASAP!!!
Yep… I plan on shipping it back tomorrow. They said they would refund me for the shipping. But at this point, I'm not even sure they would do that. If they don't, oh well, I chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Would you believe, that they claim that I wanted it in such a short time that that was why they made all those mistakes? Really? Now you are blaming me for waiting 6 1/2 weeks? For a pair of fog lights?......... As Irvin says....Come on man.

Originally Posted by Gabe
Originally Posted by laserred38
Gabe, were you joking? Lol
Old 8/6/14, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
I dropped the Mistress off at my mechanic's shop this morning for an oil and coolant change as well as a tire rotation. They are within short walking distance of my firehouse. She'll be ready by the time I get out off duty at 5:00.
I went to pick up the Mistress... when I went to pay, I found out that I got the coolant change and tire rotation for free! A couple of months ago, I found a pair of brake rotors and pads in the garage that I had bought for my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Since I no longer own the Cherokee, I brought them to my mechanic shop (B&B Automotive) and Dan, one of the owners told me that he would give me a credit towards parts and labor the next time I brought one of the cars in the stable in.

Well to be honest, I completely forgot about that, as did he. It just so happened that he did a rotor and pad replacement on a 2001 Grand Cherokee today, then he remembered the parts I gave him... henceforth, no charge for the coolant change and rotation!

Last edited by DaGonz; 8/6/14 at 05:42 PM.
Old 8/6/14, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well... I'll be the first to say, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT.

My halo fogs arrived from HIDguy. And I'm very disappointed to say the least.

Remember that this took 6.5 weeks to arrive, mind you.

Package arrived today, and I'm greeted with:

a) A large crack on the edge of the lens where they "opened" it up then resealed. Not only will it be visible from the outside, but that's a major cause/concern for moisture and water seeping in.

b) There's either a "glob" of adhesive or something else on the right side face of the lens. It won't come off. Tried scrubbing it, cleaning it, rubbing it off...even claying it. I even started marring the rest of the lens surface so I stopped. Not sure if it's even a burn mark of some sort.

Either way, I'm not sure how this item could have passed quality check. Would you guys accept something like this?

So anyways, I have a call into them and emailed them the pics. The way I see it, there's 2 solutions.

1) I run with this current set up, while they manufacture another x1 fog light assembly with the issues addressed.

2) Complete refund on everything.

I'm leaning towards #2 right now... but I dunno.

Thoughts?

So disappointed.
1000% UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
Old 8/6/14, 10:35 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DaGonz
1000% UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
Update: I already shipped it back today. Couldn't stand to be looking at those dang things any longer. Let's hope the refund comes through with no issue.
Old 8/6/14, 11:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Locked my keys in it...was a nice start to the day today.
Old 8/6/14, 11:18 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
In other words,...they're a bunch of ****ing hacks and can't do the job right and send out shoddy work. Get your money back ASAP!!!
Agree and would NEVER do business with them again and neither would anybody I know! Just plain lousy!!!
Old 8/7/14, 06:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Agree and would NEVER do business with them again and neither would anybody I know! Just plain lousy!!!
That's the beauty of this forum. And what vendors don't realize. Is that people talk. And I'm here to share my experiences both good and bad. You guys have known me long enough that I'm a straight shooter. I tell it how it is.

Will see how they handle this refund. I already have my credit card company involved and will guarantee me a refund if they start screwing me over.
Old 8/7/14, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the beauty of this forum. And what vendors don't realize. Is that people talk. And I'm here to share my experiences both good and bad. You guys have known me long enough that I'm a straight shooter. I tell it how it is. Will see how they handle this refund. I already have my credit card company involved and will guarantee me a refund if they start screwing me over.
well said. It's sad because you see some guys on Instagram running HIDguy lights and stuff, and they look great. But after reading the emails, I'd never suggest them to anyone.
On another note, what's the problem with the raxiom fogs? Just curious, as I honestly have no clue.
Old 8/7/14, 12:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That's the beauty of this forum. And what vendors don't realize. Is that people talk. And I'm here to share my experiences both good and bad. You guys have known me long enough that I'm a straight shooter. I tell it how it is.

Will see how they handle this refund. I already have my credit card company involved and will guarantee me a refund if they start screwing me over.
We know people talk (we encourage it), that's part of the reason why we are here and that's why the honest vendors take the time to make sure every customer is satisfied and is happy with their purchase. Modding cars is supposed to be fun, Not a headache or a hassle!

Now, about your fog lights (from a non-biased view)

I will say from my experience with (GT500 fog lights, similar) that they cannot be baked to open them up. The lenses do have to be cut to be opened up (usually w/dremel), if you had ordered a smoked fog light replacement with no angel eyes or anything additional, they shouldn't be chipped like that. It's not going to look brand new if they have to be opened up this way (nature of the install)

If they use clear silicone to reseal them, and clamps to let them cure properly, it probably won't have condensation issues, but we would definitely send a replacement if the lenses was that chipped FWIW. They chipped that housing a little too much IMO.

It looks sweet when it's done though!

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 8/7/14 at 01:01 PM.
Old 8/7/14, 01:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MDkid92
well said. It's sad because you see some guys on Instagram running HIDguy lights and stuff, and they look great. But after reading the emails, I'd never suggest them to anyone.
On another note, what's the problem with the raxiom fogs? Just curious, as I honestly have no clue.
Hey Sean...

Nothing really inherently "wrong" with the Raxiom fogs. From my research, the raxiom fogs are CCFL's. CCFL's are dimmer (hard to see in daytime), and have a "cut" at the base, so it's not a full circle. The COB's that I was going to get, are "chip on board"/silicone wafer, so it's brighter and a full circle.

The other reasons why I won't get a Raxiom are because that would mean I'd have to deal with AM. I won't go into reasons why, in this post. Just know that HIGguy and AM are companies I won't deal with in the future. I have my reasons.

Maybe Nick and DiodeDynamics can chime in here? Can you make fogs with halos?
Old 8/7/14, 01:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Honestly Burton, I think your car looks great without the halo fogs. I'd recommend rethink on that idea, personally. my 2 cents.
Old 8/7/14, 01:07 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We know people talk (we encourage it), that's part of the reason why we are here and that's why the honest vendors take the time to make sure every customer is satisfied and is happy with their purchase. Modding cars is supposed to be fun, Not a headache or a hassle!

Now, about your fog lights (from a non-biased view)

I will say from my experience with (GT500 fog lights, similar) that they cannot be baked to open them up. The lenses do have to be cut to be opened up (usually w/dremel), if you had ordered a smoked fog light replacement with no angel eyes or anything additional, they shouldn't be chipped like that. It's not going to look brand new if they have to be opened up this way (nature of the install)

If they use clear silicone to reseal them, and clamps to let them cure properly, it probably won't have condensation issues, but we would definitely send a replacement if the lenses was that chipped FWIW. They chipped that housing a little too much IMO.

It looks sweet when it's done though!

Nick C.
Nick you beat me to it.

Do you have any options for a plug and play set of 2012 fog lights with white halos? (I don't want the colored ones...I want to use them as DRL's).
Old 8/7/14, 01:08 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Honestly Burton, I think your car looks great without the halo fogs. I'd recommend rethink on that idea, personally. my 2 cents.
Thanks Darren... don't worry, it sounds like I may not have a choice anyways. lol.

But yes, I might just invest in a new grille, maybe fog light delete, and just open up the air flow.
Old 8/7/14, 01:10 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hey Sean...

Nothing really inherently "wrong" with the Raxiom fogs. From my research, the raxiom fogs are CCFL's. CCFL's are dimmer (hard to see in daytime), and have a "cut" at the base, so it's not a full circle. The COB's that I was going to get, are "chip on board"/silicone wafer, so it's brighter and a full circle.

The other reasons why I won't get a Raxiom are because that would mean I'd have to deal with AM. I won't go into reasons why, in this post. Just know that HIGguy and AM are companies I won't deal with in the future. I have my reasons.

Maybe Nick and DiodeDynamics can chime in here? Can you make fogs with halos?

We explain the various angel eye technologies here on our research page: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/r...ngel-eyes.html

We do angel eye installations here at our facility for local customers, and have dealers all around the country, but we typically don't accept mailed-in headlights. People used to send them to us with no packaging, they would come in the box damaged, and then we'd receive the blame. Too much of a headache at the moment, we may sell pre-installed fogs in the future.

If you are looking for the best components and don't mind installing them yourself, we have the sizes listed on our site.

CCFL is one of the oldest styles of angel eyes FWIW. We still offer them because some people prefer the way they look, but the newest COB (chip on board) style LED angel eyes don't have the dotted look and have exceptional brightness.

If you guys have any questions about lighting, please feel free to call us: (314) 205-3033

Even if you decide not to purchase from us, we are here to educate and make sure you know what to look for.

The angel eyes are explained briefly in this Fiat 500 video:

Nick C.
Old 8/7/14, 01:12 PM
Supporting Vendor

Nick you beat me to it.

Do you have any options for a plug and play set of 2012 fog lights with white halos? (I don't want the colored ones...I want to use them as DRL's).
We don't offer pre-installed housings at the moment, but that could change soon. Especially for the Mustang. Our white COB rings look awesome IMO (very clean)

They are really difficult to get on camera because they are so bright

Nick C.
Old 8/7/14, 01:16 PM
I Have No Life

^ now THAT's what I'm talking about. I would like to buy an ALL DONE, NO HASSLE, PLUG AND PLAY set of fog lights WITH halos already in them. I'm not sure why these aren't more common

Please keep me informed for when these become available.

I have no interest in cutting my own fogs up, installing LED's, resealing, etc etc... nope. I would like to leave that to the pro's!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?