Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/13, 05:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Tried out the projector lights I won last year just for the heck of it. First of all, the fitment is next to crap. Couldn't get them to go all the way in. And second, I really couldn't tell much of a difference from the dark smoked ones w/ silverstars I got from AM. I'll sell them real cheap.

Not a very good business model you've got there. Telling people how ****ty the product is BEFORE you try to sell it.
Old 11/17/13, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Would you like to buy some next to shi++y product from me?
Old 11/17/13, 05:28 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nope. I'm too honest.
Old 11/17/13, 05:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Tried out the projector lights I won last year just for the heck of it. First of all, the fitment is next to crap. Couldn't get them to go all the way in. And second, I really couldn't tell much of a difference from the dark smoked ones w/ silverstars I got from AM. I'll sell them real cheap.
Sometimes you get what you pay for
Old 11/17/13, 07:00 PM

Well I got them for free, so....ya.

They're normally over $200 though.
Old 11/18/13, 01:52 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I got them for free, so....ya.

They're normally over $200 though.
Canadian or USD?
Old 11/18/13, 03:05 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Canadian or USD?

Venezuelan.
Old 11/18/13, 11:53 AM
Post *****

Here you go Jill:

Polaris ATV with airless tires hits the road

Published November 18, 2013

The non-pneumatic “tires” (NPTs) are comprised of a tread band supported by a polymeric web in place of an air-filled carcass. According to Polaris, they can withstand a direct hit from a .50 caliber round, or a railroad spike-size puncture and continue for hundreds of miles without failing.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=HPBucket
Old 11/18/13, 12:01 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondering when we'd finally start seeing those tires on real, buyable vehicles.

Can't wait to get these for streetcars. It seems I get a flat from a nail or glass or something every few months in this city. They're no 50cals but still :P
Old 11/18/13, 02:13 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Here you go Jill:

The non-pneumatic “tires” (NPTs) are comprised of a tread band supported by a polymeric web in place of an air-filled carcass. According to Polaris, they can withstand a direct hit from a .50 caliber round, or a railroad spike-size puncture and continue for hundreds of miles without failing.
I believe they run them on the military ATVs. We saw that they are finally coming out with them on a civilian version of the ATV, but I think MSRP is somewhere around $15k for it I don't think they've announced a price on these tires alone, but I'm sure they will be out of my price range!

Originally Posted by future9er24
I was wondering when we'd finally start seeing those tires on real, buyable vehicles.

Can't wait to get these for streetcars. It seems I get a flat from a nail or glass or something every few months in this city. They're no 50cals but still :P
Luckily I haven't had a flat tire in the last 25 years or so, lol. Mr. Jill gets them all the time in his company truck.
Old 11/18/13, 02:23 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Wasup Wasup Wasup TMSers? Yes I'm slowly distancing myself from you weirdos.
Not really I've just been too busy to talk to you freaks.
Old 11/18/13, 02:45 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Lee, will you do me a favor and PM me your sweet potato casserole recipe again when you get a chance? I thought I saved it, but I can't find it. Sorry
Old 11/18/13, 03:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

Lee, will you do me a favor and PM me your sweet potato casserole recipe again when you get a chance? I thought I saved it, but I can't find it. Sorry

I'll just put it here so if anyone else that wants to try it they can. I know Nathan made it, but I don't know if he can eat it anymore.

4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes. You can use canned sweet potatoes, but I prefer fresh ones. They make the dish turn our more firm and robust. I can't really say how many to get because it depends on size. Peel them, cut them into small chunks and boil them with a pinch of salt like you were going to make mashed potatoes.

Mash them like you would regular mashed potatoes.

Add 1 cup of regular white sugar.

2 large eggs.

1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

1 stick of real butter (not margarine) (approximately 1/2 cup)

Mix all of them together with a cake mixer until smooth.

Pour/spoon into a buttered casserole dish. A smaller deep dish is better, like a deep 8x8 or 9x11 is best so the topping covers it better.

The topping.

1 and 1/4 cup (packed) of brown sugar. 1 and 1/2 cups of chopped pecans, 1 stick of softened/melted real butter (approx. 1/2 cup). Mix all together, and spoon it onto the top of the potato mix you have in the casserole dish, try to get it covered as evenly as you can.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Optional if you like marshmallows. After baking it for 30 minutes, take the dish out, sprinkle the top with miniature marshmallows (however many you'd like), and put it back in until they start to melt and brown.

Now here's one thing to note. It is really sweet like that above, therefore I normally use 5-6 cups of sweet potatoes so its not as sweet and the potatoes tend to be thicker, which I like. And the butter in the potatoes, you could probably cut that down to 3/4 or maybe even half a stick if you wanted to kind of watch what you're eating.
Old 11/18/13, 03:55 PM

I made it twice last year and it was incredible. And yes I can still eat it...
Old 11/18/13, 05:02 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Here you go Jill:

For an off road vehicle that sounds like a bad idea. Unless the close in the sidewalls. Drive that through some thick mud and seems like its gonna get stuck in the tire.

Same would happen in winter. I could see those getting snow in the bottom and freezing over so in the morning you'd have an ice chunk for a tire.
Old 11/18/13, 06:52 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I just figured your new union contract allowed you to surf **** on company time.
Old 11/18/13, 06:54 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
For an off road vehicle that sounds like a bad idea. Unless the close in the sidewalls. Drive that through some thick mud and seems like its gonna get stuck in the tire.

Same would happen in winter. I could see those getting snow in the bottom and freezing over so in the morning you'd have an ice chunk for a tire.
Well that's when you pull out your military grade, $500/4oz can, spray on teflon coating and keep on chasing zombies.

Old 11/18/13, 07:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Optional if you like marshmallows.
I'm not too big on casseroles and really haven't had sweet potatoes since a kid at home. But the marshmallows linked the synapses and now I remember having something like this at home with Mom's cooking. I guess I'll have to make one...
Old 11/18/13, 07:05 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I'll just put it here so if anyone else that wants to try it they can. I know Nathan made it, but I don't know if he can eat it anymore.

4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes. You can use canned sweet potatoes, but I prefer fresh ones. They make the dish turn our more firm and robust. I can't really say how many to get because it depends on size. Peel them, cut them into small chunks and boil them with a pinch of salt like you were going to make mashed potatoes.

Mash them like you would regular mashed potatoes.

Add 1 cup of regular white sugar.

2 large eggs.

1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

1 stick of real butter (not margarine) (approximately 1/2 cup)

Mix all of them together with a cake mixer until smooth.

Pour/spoon into a buttered casserole dish. A smaller deep dish is better, like a deep 8x8 or 9x11 is best so the topping covers it better.

The topping.

1 and 1/4 cup (packed) of brown sugar. 1 and 1/2 cups of chopped pecans, 1 stick of softened/melted real butter (approx. 1/2 cup). Mix all together, and spoon it onto the top of the potato mix you have in the casserole dish, try to get it covered as evenly as you can.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Optional if you like marshmallows. After baking it for 30 minutes, take the dish out, sprinkle the top with miniature marshmallows (however many you'd like), and put it back in until they start to melt and brown.

Now here's one thing to note. It is really sweet like that above, therefore I normally use 5-6 cups of sweet potatoes so its not as sweet and the potatoes tend to be thicker, which I like. And the butter in the potatoes, you could probably cut that down to 3/4 or maybe even half a stick if you wanted to kind of watch what you're eating.
Thank you! And the marshmallows are the best part
Old 11/18/13, 07:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm not too big on casseroles and really haven't had sweet potatoes since a kid at home. But the marshmallows linked the synapses and now I remember having something like this at home with Mom's cooking. I guess I'll have to make one...
Its really rich and probably should be eaten with some Lipitor or some other statin on the side because it will clog an artery.

To me its more like a desert than a casserole entree or side dish, but it goes so good with a ham and turkey for some reason.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/18/13 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast