Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/13, 12:06 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've seen the same evidence. And it makes sense, because if you're drunk, you know it, and you're trying to be more careful, people with phones don't give a ****, and don't worry about it. I hate talking on my phone in the car, I feel more distracted, so I make the call wrap up as quickly as possible and get back to concentrating on all the dumbasses on the road driving killing machines that have no business doing so.
Old 5/27/13, 12:30 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I just realized something kind of weird. I'm more well behaved on here than ever when Scott isn't around. Does that mean that I'm more attuned to the situation and that I curtail my postings accordingly? Does it mean that I respect him enough that I curb my true self because I know that it spurs other derelicts and if I stay in line it will help keep other's in line which in turn will make it easier on him?

Who knows, guess I'll mix another drink. That could be it, I've had so many drinks that I just don't care enough to post inflammatory stuff.
Old 5/27/13, 12:35 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I just realized something kind of weird. I'm more well behaved on here than ever when Scott isn't around. Does that mean that I'm more attuned to the situation and that I curtail my postings accordingly? Does it mean that I respect him enough that I curb my true self because I know that it spurs other derelicts and if I stay in line it will help keep other's in line which in turn will make it easier on him?

Who knows, guess I'll mix another drink. That could be it, I've had so many drinks that I just don't care enough to post inflammatory stuff.
I applaud you for whatever the reason is
Old 5/27/13, 12:41 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Honestly it's because you are a grown up with a conscience and Scothew is your friend. You don't want to do things that cause your friend grief. It's pretty simple.

I'm a child on the other hand so I don't give a ****.
Old 5/27/13, 12:44 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Honestly it's because you are a grown up with a conscience and Scothew is your friend. You don't want to do things that cause your friend grief. It's pretty simple.

Goodnight folks
Old 5/27/13, 12:45 AM
Post *****

I went to see Iron Man 3 tonight with some of the kids. Not a very good movie. I did get a year in my eye at one point though. When they showed the restored Mustang Tony left for the little boy in his shop. It was beautiful. Made me tear up.

I think I have a problem.
Old 5/27/13, 12:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That could be it. I do consider him a friend, and I don't want to make things hard on him. You might be right.

I went to see Iron Man 3 tonight with some of the kids. Not a very good movie. I did get a year in my eye at one point though. When they showed the restored Mustang Tony left for the little boy in his shop. It was beautiful. Made me tear up.

I think I have a problem.
You don't have a problem. Stuff with kids in movies really chokes me up. Hell, I've been watching The Patriot, and I've teared up numerous times already. I'm just an old softie when you get right down to it I guess.
Old 5/27/13, 01:00 AM
Post *****

You don't have a problem. Stuff with kids in movies really chokes me up. Hell, I've been watching The Patriot, and I've teared up numerous times already. I'm just an old softie when you get right down to it I guess.
That's just it. It wasn't anything to do with the kid. It was about how beautiful the Mustang looked.
Old 5/27/13, 01:10 AM
Post *****

Also all the Oracle product placement in the movies as sickening. A movie sucks when you notice the product placement more than 3 freaking times.
Old 5/27/13, 01:18 AM
Post *****

Anyone ever seen the movie Taking Chance? Its on HBO this weekend for Memorial Day. So freaking sad, but induces so much pride at the same time.

To our Veterans that enabled us the privilege to have a chance to celebrate this holiday.
Yeah I seen it. It was rough. Seems like Kevin Bacon was in it I think. It's a few years old.

Honestly I value myself as a lesser person because I did not serve my country and protect its people. I can't make up for that. But I feel lesser for it.
Old 5/27/13, 01:34 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yeah I seen it. It was rough. Seems like Kevin Bacon was in it I think. It's a few years old.

Honestly I value myself as a lesser person because I did not serve my country and protect its people. I can't make up for that. But I feel lesser for it.
Yep, Kevin Bacon. I hate to admit it, but I teared up in the first 5 minutes of it the first time I saw it. Damned shame some of the stuff we let happen to people that have given everything to defend our country but yet derelicts, ne'er–do–wells and illegal aliens get all kinds of **** and scam us everyday.

I need to go to the cemetery tomorrow to my grandpa's grave to pay my respects. A WWII soldier with a bunch of medals in here in a box. I'll drive the 500, he would love that, he was a Ford man, worked for Ford for years. Only knew him for a few years when I was little before he died (alcohol related, imagine that ). I do remember him vividly, he loved me more than anything, I would cross the road (a main State highway) to go to his house and would get my *** beat because of it (I was barely out of diapers). He would hold me, hug me, take me out in the woods, and always held my hand and told me stories that I was much to young to understand but I listened intently, hanging on every word.
Old 5/27/13, 01:43 AM
Post *****

I didn't know much about my grandfathers. One if them I never met because my grandparents divorced while he was a sailor in the war. So I had a step grandfather who was a scumbag douche that didn't deserve a decent burial. Then my other real grandfather was so much older he died when I was little. But he loved fishing. And he would take me any chance he got. And I loved fishing with him just the two of us.
Old 5/27/13, 02:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I didn't know much about my grandfathers. One if them I never met because my grandparents divorced while he was a sailor in the war. So I had a step grandfather who was a scumbag douche that didn't deserve a decent burial. Then my other real grandfather was so much older he died when I was little. But he loved fishing. And he would take me any chance he got. And I loved fishing with him just the two of us.

I've got some weird morbid artifacts that he brought back. Newspaper clippings about all of the people he saved, several purple hearts and other medals he got, as well as a silk Japanese flag with the signatures of the Japs that were on the tank crew that they killed that he took off of a crew that they overtook, he was a tank commander. A Jap pistol that he took off of one after a hand to hand firefight they got into, and the most disturbing thing, a box full of gold teeth that they pulled out of dead Jap soldiers that they killed. Crazy ****, but those were crazy times.
Old 5/27/13, 02:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Boy, I killed this place, lol.
Old 5/27/13, 02:22 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I need to get the 500 out tomorrow and take it for a ride.
Old 5/27/13, 02:48 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Aim small, miss small.
Old 5/27/13, 05:26 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Funny you say that, I almost didn't. Came really close to meeting my maker that day. Was riding down a 2 lane country road minding my own business when I notice an older Explorer coming toward me going the opposite direction.

He was really close to the center line and as he got closer, he started crossing it into my lane. It was a long straightaway and I kept thinking he would pull back into his lane.

He didn't. He kept coming farther over into my lane. I was doing about 60 and started moving over to the right and getting on the brakes, still thinking he would move back over, well he didn't. Just kept coming farther into my lane, and I had a big Dodge 4X4 right up my **** too, as if I needed more **** going on.

Keep in mind, this is all happening at speed, this whole thing took place over the course of about 10 seconds.

By this time, I realize that this ****er isn't going to correct. I'm over as far as I can go, literally with the edges of the tires off the pavement, a few inches more and I would have been off on the side of the road with a big 5 foot deep ditch there.

By this time, I'm laying on the horn with one hand and holding the wheel with the other, getting ready to put it in the ditch. He is literally dead center of the yellow line, half of his Explorer in my lane and me over as far as possible.

I'm looking at him and just as I suspected, hes holding his phone and staring at it doing something, texting, facebooking, whatever.

And then we pass. There was literally inches between us as we went by each other. So close that if our vehicles were the same height, our mirrors would have hit each other.

Now I'm still holding the horn down, his window are down, and this ****er never looked up from that goddamned phone. Was still in the opposite lane when I looked back in my rearview mirror. If that truck hadn't been behind me, I would have whipped it around right there in the road, chased his *** down and had a serious conversation with that son of a *****. ****ing idiots.
I have had that happen to me before too....very scary. And I hate when I'm driving behind or next to somebody that is drifting back and forth in the lane and they tend to speed up and slow down too. I keep my phone on vibrate so I don't even hear it if it rings or I get a text alert unless I'm playing my music from it through the car, then I hear it through the speakers.

Anyone ever seen the movie Taking Chance? Its on HBO this weekend for Memorial Day. So freaking sad, but induces so much pride at the same time.

To our Veterans that enabled us the privilege to have a chance to celebrate this holiday.
I saw that movie and cried like a baby.....and that was before my kid joined. I'm sure I'd be a wreck if I watched it now.
Old 5/27/13, 08:19 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
UP early GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

taking the focus in for the first oil change and check up
Old 5/27/13, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flagstang
UP early GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

taking the focus in for the first oil change and check up
I've been up and at work for since 6am, but I did take a nap at 8
Old 5/27/13, 08:25 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Was riding around in the 500 yesterday, glanced down at the gauge cluster and the info center said 118 miles to empty.
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Thankfully you made it home
Lee may have been on his property at 118 miles from "home"

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast