Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/13, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning
Old 5/26/13, 06:07 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Good morning everyone
Old 5/26/13, 07:46 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Dead around here. Can't believe Nathan left me that soon. Its not like he has a woman to tend to or anything else to do for that matter now that hes out of school.
Couldn't keep my eyes open last night.
Old 5/26/13, 08:52 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Anybody else know what I'm talking about?
My dad uses it all the time.
Old 5/26/13, 09:54 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Just thought of another Southern saying (well, it might be a hillbilly word that others don't use). The word I'm talking about is "count".

As in, "My steak is good, is yours any count?" I've been made fun of for that one, in this area the word "count" covers the phrase "is it any good?" or "how is it". Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

"He painted my car". "Oh really? Is he any count?"

Never ever heard that usage very interesting! We say 'Throw the horse over the fence some hay'?!?
Old 5/26/13, 10:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Only in Alabama
Attached Images  

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 5/26/13 at 11:32 PM.
Old 5/26/13, 07:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
evening everyone
Old 5/26/13, 07:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
evening everyone
Hi Jerseygirl!!!
Old 5/26/13, 08:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Was riding around in the 500 yesterday, glanced down at the gauge cluster and saw something that made me chuckle. The fuel gauge was right in the middle between half tank and 3/4 tank, and the info center said 118 miles to empty.

Guess that means I'm driving like it should be driven, lol.
Old 5/26/13, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 5/26/13, 08:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by shurtual86

I was sitting at a red light and had the windows down when I noticed it and started laughing. The people in the car next to me probably thought I was a loon, lol.
Old 5/26/13, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I was sitting at a red light and had the windows down when I noticed it and started laughing. The people in the car next to me probably thought I was a loon, lol.
Aren't you??
Old 5/26/13, 08:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
Aren't you??
That's beside the point.
Old 5/26/13, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thankfully you made it home
Old 5/26/13, 09:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by shurtual86
Thankfully you made it home

Funny you say that, I almost didn't. Came really close to meeting my maker that day. Was riding down a 2 lane country road minding my own business when I notice an older Explorer coming toward me going the opposite direction.

He was really close to the center line and as he got closer, he started crossing it into my lane. It was a long straightaway and I kept thinking he would pull back into his lane.

He didn't. He kept coming farther over into my lane. I was doing about 60 and started moving over to the right and getting on the brakes, still thinking he would move back over, well he didn't. Just kept coming farther into my lane, and I had a big Dodge 4X4 right up my **** too, as if I needed more **** going on.

Keep in mind, this is all happening at speed, this whole thing took place over the course of about 10 seconds.

By this time, I realize that this ****er isn't going to correct. I'm over as far as I can go, literally with the edges of the tires off the pavement, a few inches more and I would have been off on the side of the road with a big 5 foot deep ditch there.

By this time, I'm laying on the horn with one hand and holding the wheel with the other, getting ready to put it in the ditch. He is literally dead center of the yellow line, half of his Explorer in my lane and me over as far as possible.

I'm looking at him and just as I suspected, hes holding his phone and staring at it doing something, texting, facebooking, whatever.

And then we pass. There was literally inches between us as we went by each other. So close that if our vehicles were the same height, our mirrors would have hit each other.

Now I'm still holding the horn down, his window are down, and this ****er never looked up from that goddamned phone. Was still in the opposite lane when I looked back in my rearview mirror. If that truck hadn't been behind me, I would have whipped it around right there in the road, chased his *** down and had a serious conversation with that son of a *****. ****ing idiots.
Old 5/26/13, 10:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Funny you say that, I almost didn't. Came really close to meeting my maker that day. Was riding down a 2 lane country road minding my own business when I notice an older Explorer coming toward me going the opposite direction.

He was really close to the center line and as he got closer, he started crossing it into my lane. It was a long straightaway and I kept thinking he would pull back into his lane.

He didn't. He kept coming farther over into my lane. I was doing about 60 and started moving over to the right and getting on the brakes, still thinking he would move back over, well he didn't. Just kept coming farther into my lane, and I had a big Dodge 4X4 right up my **** too, as if I needed more **** going on.

Keep in mind, this is all happening at speed, this whole thing took place over the course of about 10 seconds.

By this time, I realize that this ****er isn't going to correct. I'm over as far as I can go, literally with the edges of the tires off the pavement, a few inches more and I would have been off on the side of the road with a big 5 foot deep ditch there.

By this time, I'm laying on the horn with one hand and holding the wheel with the other, getting ready to put it in the ditch. He is literally dead center of the yellow line, half of his Explorer in my lane and me over as far as possible.

I'm looking at him and just as I suspected, hes holding his phone and staring at it doing something, texting, facebooking, whatever.

And then we pass. There was literally inches between us as we went by each other. So close that if our vehicles were the same height, our mirrors would have hit each other.

Now I'm still holding the horn down, his window are down, and this ****er never looked up from that goddamned phone. Was still in the opposite lane when I looked back in my rearview mirror. If that truck hadn't been behind me, I would have whipped it around right there in the road, chased his *** down and had a serious conversation with that son of a *****. ****ing idiots.
People suck!
Old 5/26/13, 10:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What a ****ing moron, **** like that ticks me off. ( not you Lee, the guy in the Explorer)

Last edited by shurtual86; 5/26/13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 5/26/13, 11:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Anyone ever seen the movie Taking Chance? Its on HBO this weekend for Memorial Day. So freaking sad, but induces so much pride at the same time.

To our Veterans that enabled us the privilege to have a chance to celebrate this holiday.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/26/13 at 11:05 PM.
Old 5/26/13, 11:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Regan and Zoe tell me the same thing almost happened to them today. They were on a two lane road and a truck was coming in their direction and turned left right in front of them onto another side road. She had to slam on the brakes and she said she could see he was looking at his phone and never looked up. Happened about a 1/4 mile from here. If he would have hit them and I got there in time that ****er would have gone home in a body bag.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/27/13 at 12:01 AM.
Old 5/26/13, 11:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Regan and Zoe tell me the seams almost happened to them today. They were on a two lane road and a truck was coming in their direction and turned left right in front if them into another side road. She had to slam in the brakes and she said she could see he was looking at his phone and never looked up. Happened about a 1/4 mile from here. If e would have hit them and I got there in time that ****er would have gone home in a body bag.
These goddamned phones are the scourge of society nowadays. I'm sick of them and these people that stay on them all the time. There is literally not a day that passed where I don't have someone cross the center line coming at me, or pull out in front of me, or some other crap and they are always ****ing with a phone. I don't know what people have so much to talk about. You're not a ****ing ER doctor on call to save someone's life, you're a ****ing soccer mom picking up her kids from school in your Escalade so they don't have to ride the bus with the "poor" kids (don't even get me started on that trend of everyone picking up their kids from school).

TBH, I think they need to treat that **** like a DUI, same type of punishment. I honestly would feel safer in the car with someone that was .10 on a breathalyzer (or more possibly) than someone texting and ****ing with a phone that is stone cold sober.

Some of the studies I've seen say that someone on a phone texting is 20 times more likely (don't quote me on that, but I know its somewhere in that area) to cause an accident than someone that is legally drunk (.08)

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast