Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/13, 01:29 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 201 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Don't forget some Jewish penicillin! Somethin about chicken noodle soup really helps.

PS: Remember Tylenol doesn't mix with booze. Causes chemical changes and attacks your liver. Yours has prob seen healthier days.
Speaking of Jewish penicillin, I could go for some matzo ball soup now. I may have to make some tonight.
Old 3/4/13, 01:31 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Yeah I cant wait to see if I can get into a 110 octane guzzling machine soon lol
Yes! A beast

Originally Posted by HOSS429
mite you move to L A ..?
Tampa
Old 3/4/13, 01:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Shoot a grilled cheese sounds good right now
Old 3/4/13, 01:33 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

I just made pizza.
Old 3/4/13, 01:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by lalayla
I just made pizza.
Ill take a delivery
Old 3/4/13, 02:26 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
my ex made great home made pizza ..
Old 3/4/13, 02:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013...a-game-changer

Child cured of HIV
Old 3/4/13, 02:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
102.5! Lee you should let her take you to the doc... 102 is way too high
Its back down to 101 now.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
My youngest always runs really high fevers. It's not abnormal for him to have 103 - 103.9, so I've dealt with this for a long time.

This is what you need to do:
-take a tepid bath or shower (it's gonna suck because you are going to be shivering and freezing, but you have to do it to bring your core temp down)
-take motrin or advil (obviously) but when you have a fever that high, it usually will start to spike about 3 hours after that. Take Tylenol 3 hours after the motrin or advil to help keep it from spiking that high again. But you can only do that double dosing for about a day....no longer than that.

Right before he left for the Army, he came down with something and he woke up one morning with 104.2. That's the highest I'd ever seen it and even I was starting to get a little panicky.
I've never had high fevers, of course I've never been sick very much. Last night was probably the highest one I've ever had.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I'll be really surprised if it isn't the flu. Hope you get better quick!

Now you'll get to be the sick assed derelict.

Been in bed all day, hurting like a ****. Probably the worst sleep I've ever had. Must have been the fever, but I couldn't fall completely asleep, just in that state where you're kind of dreaming but feel on the verge of awake. And holy hell what crazy dreams. I was watching some shows on Food Network and after I dozed off I kept having dreams I was in some of those shows where they're trying to find a chef, or iron chef and other crap. I was so frustrated, waking up ever 20 minutes all night and all day. At one point I was dreaming that I was in New York trying to buy some stuff from a street vendor and Alec Baldwin and some woman were following me with a machete and were going to kill me because I wasn't using a Capital One credit card.
Old 3/4/13, 02:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I've never had high fevers, of course I've never been sick very much. Last night was probably the highest one I've ever had.

Been in bed all day, hurting like a ****. Probably the worst sleep I've ever had. Must have been the fever, but I couldn't fall completely asleep, just in that state where you're kind of dreaming but feel on the verge of awake. And holy hell what crazy dreams. I was watching some shows on Food Network and after I dozed off I kept having dreams I was in some of those shows where they're trying to find a chef, or iron chef and other crap. I was so frustrated, waking up ever 20 minutes all night and all day. At one point I was dreaming that I was in New York trying to buy some stuff from a street vendor and Alec Baldwin and some woman were following me with a machete and were going to kill me because I wasn't using a Capital One credit card.
PM me your address and I'll come by and make sure you get some good sleep

Old 3/4/13, 02:50 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
PM me your address and I'll come by and make sure you get some good sleep

Probably a bad idea...he might think the bat is a machete and you are Alec Baldwin and shoot you....
Old 3/4/13, 02:57 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I don't usually run them either. If anyone else in my house had a high fever like he did, I would have rushed them to the ER. But with him I expect it. Try the Motrin and Tylenol next time, it will help.

Weird dreams, lol
Old 3/4/13, 03:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been in bed all day, hurting like a ****. Probably the worst sleep I've ever had. Must have been the fever,
Some flu's are aching type flu. Last time I had it was way back in the 90's and it was aches all over.

I've always thought of flu as just a bad cold/virus type deal. It still amazes me how many people die each year from it. So its nothing to play around with.

Feel better!
Old 3/4/13, 03:14 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Alec Baldwin that's funny
Old 3/4/13, 03:15 PM
Post *****

because I wasn't using a Capital One credit card.
Speaking of those jerks. When the crunch hit the credit card companies panicked and tried to renege on their 3.99 fixed rate till paid off cards. Chase, Citi, Cap One. Their only option to keep the terms was to close the accounts. Which didn't bother me because I only used them for cheap loans - not as credit cards. (My hunch is this allowed them to move frozen accounts off balance sheet with some game with Treasury/TARP.)

Except Cap One wouldn't play (even though cust svc said they would) so I had to roll out of them fairly quick. I even wrote the lamo CEO and complained that I followed his cust svc directions but he wouldn't honor it. I'll never give them a penny from me again ever. I rolled it over to couple of 0%x12 then USBank @ 2.99 fixed till paid. Ha!

Saturday I get a $50 check from Chase. They were sued and made a settlement over trying to change terms improperly. Usually a settlement is like $2 after the legal fees.

So I'm wondering... is Citi and Cap One going to be mailing me a check?

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/4/13 at 03:18 PM.
Old 3/4/13, 03:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I don't usually run them either. If anyone else in my house had a high fever like he did, I would have rushed them to the ER. But with him I expect it. Try the Motrin and Tylenol next time, it will help.

Weird dreams, lol
Super weird dreams. And it was those kind that keep repeating the same thing over and over and you feel trapped like you can't get out of them.

Some flu's are aching type flu. Last time I had it was way back in the 90's and it was aches all over.

I've always thought of flu as just a bad cold/virus type deal. It still amazes me how many people die each year from it. So its nothing to play around with.

Feel better!
Whatever this is, I'm definitely aching. Scratch that, down right hurting all over, especially my back and legs.

Cancelled my dentist appointment for tomorrow. Didn't figure they'd want to be digging around in my mouth while I'm coughing and running a fever.
Old 3/4/13, 03:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

No doubt you will soon!
Just stay focused on fixing stuff and bust through it... eyes on the prize!
Oh yeah. My eyes are on a few prizes lol.

Originally Posted by lalayla
Yes! A beast

Tampa
Would you think of anything else from me?

Oh and I would be able to take it to the track too. It would come with a set of drag radials
Old 3/4/13, 03:29 PM
Post *****

Thought it was interesting during chemo treatments that the docs had me watching temps. They were emphatic that if I hit 101.3 I was to call 911 and get to ER immediately. Don't know what that was about. I mostly stayed in (my) normal range - even some 95's.

I learned that my normal temps are in the 97's. Don't know who came up with this 98.6.
Old 3/4/13, 03:54 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Thought it was interesting during chemo treatments that the docs had me watching temps. They were emphatic that if I hit 101.3 I was to call 911 and get to ER immediately. Don't know what that was about. I mostly stayed in (my) normal range - even some 95's.

I learned that my normal temps are in the 97's. Don't know who came up with this 98.6.
I'm the same way. So when I have a low grade fever of like 100, it knocks me on my butt. Do you have low blood pressure? I do and I wonder if they are related in any way
Old 3/4/13, 04:00 PM
Post *****

I'm the same way. So when I have a low grade fever of like 100, it knocks me on my butt. Do you have low blood pressure? I do and I wonder if they are related in any way
Ranges from 120/80 to 110/70. IIRC doc's said that's not considered low, just the low end of normal.
Old 3/4/13, 04:12 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

You guys have GOT to see this.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast