Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/13, 03:28 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
True but even those stores usually have at least one person who knows what they are doing....you can usually tell who it is or just look for the guy that does commercial sales...because those of us who run shops refuse to talk to a 17 year old or anyone without a clue.

I was happy to use the local NAPA until the owner refused to process paperwork on labor claims for a couple of failed parts. I refuse to do business with anyone that won't stand behind their product because I stand behind what I sell/install. I currently use O-Reilly or an Advance local to me that I have a couple of people I trust who have a clue...I often insult other people because I won't talk to them.

Read above....and how is it NOT lazy to order something as simple as wiper blades from Amazon?!? You could walk into a store, pick a pair and install them yourself in minutes....you wait days for Amazon...even a day is being lazy when it's already raining outside which is the only time anyone replaces their blades . It's not just this...it's everything....I've had the pleasure of dealing with a lot of people that bought parts from Amazon or off ebay because it was a "deal" only to look at me puzzled when I tell them I can't help them with any sort of warranty and then later when they come back and say they can't get their ebay seller to help or ***** because they have to pay shipping and go without to get something warrantied.

Who says you have to talk to anyone? WHen they ask "can I help you" you simply say "no thanks" get your stuff and leave....or is MN the center of high pressured parts salespeople?!?
Because half the crap is behind the counter. And half the time they have to order it so you can't get it for a day or two anyways.
Old 1/16/13, 03:31 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Because half the crap is behind the counter. And half the time they have to order it so you can't get it for a day or two anyways.
Wiper blades are behind the counter? I'm gonna have to see a picture for proof of that...I have NEVER seen wiper blades behind the counter except for an independently owned NAPA store(and they never stocked anything anyway so all of 3 sets were back there ). Heck even WALMART has wiper blades out on an isle and you sure as hell know nobody is going to ask if they can help you there!
Old 1/16/13, 03:32 PM

Wiper blades are behind the counter? I'm gonna have to see a picture for proof of that...I have NEVER seen wiper blades behind the counter except for an independently owned NAPA store(and they never stocked anything anyway so all of 3 sets were back there ). Heck even WALMART has wiper blades out on an isle and you sure as hell know nobody is going to ask if they can help you there!
No, not wiper blades.
Old 1/16/13, 03:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I recently bought some of the best wipers i've had in a long time at Walmart. Nice clean sweep each time.
Old 1/16/13, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either your area is full of high pressure salespeople or I just have the look about me that says "Shut your pie hole and don't try to sell me ****" because I've never had someone try to upsell me at a parts store...
I don't think they are doing well. It's a newer autozone, and it never looks busy. The few times I have gone , I was the only one there beside the employees.

Last edited by shurtual86; 1/16/13 at 03:48 PM.
Old 1/16/13, 03:51 PM
Service Manager

No, not wiper blades.
Then your arguement is invalid
Old 1/16/13, 03:59 PM

Then your arguement is invalid

Says the person I'm apparently arguing with. I really don't care anymore. I hate parts stores and nothing is going to make me change my mind about them.
Old 1/16/13, 04:09 PM
Service Manager

Says the person I'm apparently arguing with. I really don't care anymore. I hate parts stores and nothing is going to make me change my mind about them.

Well you just keep being lazy and wasting your money

Good example is that coil pack you overpaid for
Old 1/16/13, 04:13 PM

Well you just keep being lazy and wasting your money

Good example is that coil pack you overpaid for
I could have got it from the auto parts store but it would have been $25 more and I'd have to wait a couple days for it to come in.
Old 1/16/13, 04:29 PM
Service Manager

I could have got it from the auto parts store but it would have been $25 more and I'd have to wait a couple days for it to come in.

You could have called me and paid just the cost of shipping(about $6) and had it in 2 days via priority mail...told you I had a pile of them
Old 1/16/13, 04:31 PM

You could have called me and paid just the cost of shipping(about $6) and had it in 2 days via priority mail...told you I had a pile of them
But I didn't know that until after. And I wouldn't consider you a parts store.
Old 1/16/13, 04:35 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Will never go to Autozone ever again! Bought a brand new car battery and installed it at home. The battery was dead?!? I take it back and they reply well if it sits for awhile it will lose its charge? It's brand freaking new they reply we can stick it on a charger or you can pick out a new one?!? I was like you can return my money and c u later!!! LMAO
Old 1/16/13, 04:58 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Will never go to Autozone ever again! Bought a brand new car battery and installed it at home. The battery was dead?!? I take it back and they reply well if it sits for awhile it will lose its charge? It's brand freaking new they reply we can stick it on a charger or you can pick out a new one?!? I was like you can return my money and c u later!!! LMAO
Autozone sux. If they cant look it up in their magic box on the counter with a year make and model they have no clue what your looking for.

I run a repair shop for heavy trucks, I needed a belt and walked in asking for an 8pk1485 belt, guy looked at me like I had 5 heads. He insisted on have a year make model. So I replied 2006 Kalamar commando 60. Got take same look above and asked for the manager. Now wait for it.......he was the manager. I turned and walked out the door.
Old 1/16/13, 05:00 PM
Service Manager

But I didn't know that until after. And I wouldn't consider you a parts store.
True but I think we've had this discussion in the past....regarding MM or some other company. But this was about Wiper blades and being too lazy to get off your butt and go pick up a set rather than order them from Amazon

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I don't like Autozone either....they are the bottom of the barrel for me and a last resort. They ALL sell the same parts for the most part....so it's picking through them. I do have a problem with Advance and their pricing structure though....they charge a commercial account more(sometimes more than walk in joe blow) until you spend enough for them to give you a discount...I chewed out the manager once asking him how stupid was that? I own a shop and you want my business...if you want it, you give me the discount up front and I'll spend more, I'm not an idiot and not about to pay retail or higher until you think I've spent enough!
Old 1/16/13, 05:02 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 07S197
Autozone sux. If they cant look it up in their magic box on the counter with a year make and model they have no clue what your looking for.

I run a repair shop for heavy trucks, I needed a belt and walked in asking for an 8pk1485 belt, guy looked at me like I had 5 heads. He insisted on have a year make model. So I replied 2006 Kalamar commando 60. Got take same look above and asked for the manager. Now wait for it.......he was the manager. I turned and walked out the door.

I had a VERY similar experience with Pep Boys years ago on a belt for the Vortech on my '88 LX...gave him the part number and he refused to move until I gave him the car info...then looked like a deer in the headlights when it wasn't listed
Old 1/16/13, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Auto zone has a full staff of knowledgeable people, and if you ask for a part half the time they walk right to it without looking at the computer. I just don't buy anything electronic, starters, or batteries there. Hell I can get a lot of stuff from work and just pay whole sale prices for it. The big $20 blttle of Lucas injector cleaner at auto zone, I can get from work for $7
Old 1/16/13, 05:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
The Clapco D-29 is the most impenetrable lock on the market. It only has one design flaw. The door..................

MUST BE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/16/13, 05:34 PM

A Florida man was arrested for giving wedgies to people he didn't know. He also likes to run up to people and kiss them and jump into cars at traffic lights. How would you react if something like this happened to you?
Old 1/16/13, 05:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
If he jumped into someone's car around here, he'd probably be carried out of it with an extra orifice somewhere in his forehead.
Old 1/16/13, 05:53 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

If he jumped into someone's car around here, he'd probably be carried out of it with an extra orifice somewhere in his forehead.
They'd be found in a pasture laying face down in a cow pattie around here!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast