Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/12, 05:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Waiting for paul's overnight multiquote...
Old 11/16/12, 06:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codeman94
Old 11/16/12, 06:54 AM
Service Manager

Received 439 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.
Classic!

Originally Posted by codeman94
Nothing happened since I was last on I guess I need to disappear for 3 days these days to get some material....

On other News....I declare today National "Punch a Union Boss in the Face day"....The Union thought Hostess was bluffing in typical arrogant Union fashion so proof positive they care more about themselves than their members/workers....Now 18,500 people get to jump on the Gov't cheese wagon because they have lost their job as Hostess closes up and prepares to liquidate their assets

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloom...er-4043470.php

Good morning everyone! Except for those 18,500 people that just found out they are unemployed 5 weeks before Christmas....
Old 11/16/12, 08:27 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
unfortunately it is a sign of what its to come I'm afraid. Unions were a good idea when they were created and there were actual terrible job conditions, now they're just bullies that drive companies to bankruptcy
Old 11/16/12, 08:50 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by StangMahn
unfortunately it is a sign of what its to come I'm afraid. Unions were a good idea when they were created and there were actual terrible job conditions, now they're just bullies that drive companies to bankruptcy

Exactly! Back then people were afraid to change jobs and put up with miserable conditions. Once the Unions achieved their original goal....corruption set in and they went for more and more holding companies and workers hostage.
Old 11/16/12, 08:51 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Not all of them. Our union does some good things for us. Really helps us enforce the rules we are supposed to follow. Non unions jobs would call that insubordination to refuse to do a job thats against the rules or unsafe. We have a voice that's listened to.
Old 11/16/12, 09:10 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Not all of them. Our union does some good things for us. Really helps us enforce the rules we are supposed to follow. Non unions jobs would call that insubordination to refuse to do a job thats against the rules or unsafe. We have a voice that's listened to.
I will admit some Unions are better than others....but it seems the majority of them follow the same path as the most corrupt ones eventually.
Old 11/16/12, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul

Classic!

Nothing happened since I was last on I guess I need to disappear for 3 days these days to get some material....

On other News....I declare today National "Punch a Union Boss in the Face day"....The Union thought Hostess was bluffing in typical arrogant Union fashion so proof positive they care more about themselves than their members/workers....Now 18,500 people get to jump on the Gov't cheese wagon because they have lost their job as Hostess closes up and prepares to liquidate their assets

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloom...er-4043470.php

Good morning everyone! Except for those 18,500 people that just found out they are unemployed 5 weeks before Christmas....
My father worked for ITT bakeries most of his life. Disturbingly, my brother ended up working for them as well up to two years ago. The teamsters were much stronger when my father worked there. With this negotiation they gave in to managements demands, however the baker's union saw the writing on the wall. You can blame the union, however with two generations of family working for this company, it is clear to me that they have been mismanaged for a very long time. My old landlord works for Arnold's and it is amazing how completely different these two companies are. If you choose to blame the unions for Hostess, then you can compliment them for the success of Arnold's. IMO it has more to do with the people who actually make the decisions for how the companies are managed.

Last edited by chessmanmark; 11/16/12 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11/16/12, 10:41 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
My father worked for ITT bakeries most of his life. Disturbingly, my brother ended up working for them as well up to two years ago. The teamsters were much stronger when my father worked there. With this negotiation they gave in to managements demands, however the baker's union saw the writing on the wall. You can blame the union, however with two generations of family working for this company, it is clear to me that they have been mismanaged for a very long time. My old landlord works for Arnold's and it is amazing how completely different these two companies are. If you choose to blame the unions for Hostess, then you can compliment them for the success of Arnold's. IMO it has more to do with the people who actually make the decisions for how the companies are managed.
For a year or more Hostess has been trying to restructure/reorganize to stay solvent....While it may be due to mismanagement, the Union and employees flat refused to work with them. I'm figuring they would rather sit home and collect unemployment benefits rather than make any kind of sacrifice themselves in order to keep the company afloat.
Old 11/16/12, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hostess is doomed because they sell fatty food in a time when we're trying to stop the childhood obese epidemic that's happening. There used to be 3 or 4 hostess stores in my general area, now, 0

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 11/16/12 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11/16/12, 10:57 AM

I will admit some Unions are better than others....but it seems the majority of them follow the same path as the most corrupt ones eventually.
It's just the perception because all anybody hears is the negatives. They really do stand up for the employees. Yes they make money off of us but it's no different than paying for insurance.
Old 11/16/12, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Hostess is doomed because they sell fatty food in a time when we're trying to stop the childhood obese epidemic that's happening. There used to be 3 or 4 hostess stores in my general area, now, 0
Junk food will be outlawed in Cali soon. But weed is ok.
Old 11/16/12, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

For a year or more Hostess has been trying to restructure/reorganize to stay solvent....While it may be due to mismanagement, the Union and employees flat refused to work with them. I'm figuring they would rather sit home and collect unemployment benefits rather than make any kind of sacrifice themselves in order to keep the company afloat.
It's not that simple Paul. This problem has been going on for a very long time. Much more than a year There are two unions involved here and both of them have been giving back with repeated negotiations. These unions are crippled compared to what they once were. You can "figure" for them all you want, but IMO these are hard working blue collar workers and I don't believe for a second that they want to sit home and begin losing everything they have worked for. My brother told me last month many of the drivers he worked with over there were willing to give up full-time jobs for a temporary route with another company, in hopes of getting a job with a better managed company.

You try taking a reduction in pay, paying more for medical, losing vacation time, etc., etc. with each negotiation and then explain to me how they are being greedy.

Honestly, the people working for this company will be better off elsewhere. Some of them are just clinging on and can't see what a blessing it will be for them to finally leave. The product the consumers love will be bought up by another company and will be produced once again.

At times like this we should be thankful that we are not in a similar situation.
Old 11/16/12, 11:01 AM
Banned

Which will in turn stop all the weed smoking, because who wants to smoke with no munchies. They had this planned the whole time.:damnyoucaliforniadamnyoup
Old 11/16/12, 11:04 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Union Talk.......... heres a thread for you.

https://themustangsource.com/f781/al...es-here-515793
Bullitt Member

Twinkies on the black market... How much time do you think people will get for being caught with these products?

If I was desperate, I might do a night in the can for a ho-ho.

Which will in turn stop all the weed smoking, because who wants to smoke with no munchies. They had this planned the whole time.:damnyoucaliforniadamnyoup

Well we're far from giving up our sugar here. Sugar is a wonderful thing.
Old 11/16/12, 11:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scothew
Union Talk.......... heres a thread for you.

https://themustangsource.com/f781/al...es-here-515793

Last edited by shurtual86; 11/16/12 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11/16/12, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chessmanmark

Twinkies on the black market... How much time do you think people will get for being caught with these products?

If I was desperate, I might do a night in the can for a ho-ho.
What the heck is a ho-ho?
Old 11/16/12, 11:08 AM

What the heck is a ho-ho?
Twinkles Nubian brother.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast