Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/11, 09:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
If anyone knows how to spot one, it would be you.
I cannot deny this.
Old 4/26/11, 09:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I cannot deny this.

I know your kind.
Old 4/26/11, 09:28 PM
Post *****

Depraved?
Old 4/26/11, 09:29 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I've been watching the radar and reports to the west, its not looking good that's for sure. The locals are saying tomorrow afternoon/evening is going to be the worst. Maybe some pop ups with localized severe stuff tonight.
In the now 7 years ive been a firefighter, ive never seen my cheif prepare this much for a storm. We made sure all equipment and trucks were gased up, all lights are with fresh batteries. extra radio batteris are on charge, all gear ready to go adn told us to pack our duffles in case we have an extended stay. asked us with atv's to ensure they are gased up and running as well.

If it means anything, my cheif was a LT at concord fire and resque when the april 8th storm came through and took out the whole oak grove and concord area. 2 of their stations were destroyed in taht storm.

I aint gonna lie, its got everyone a bit on edge. hell im backing up all my data to a portable hard drive now just in the event i have to bug out or something.
Old 4/26/11, 09:29 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Hmmm..........nahhh. I'm going to go with you blew someone. Scott seems like a freak.

J/K, Don't ban me.
I cant ban someone for speaking the truth.

oh wait...
Old 4/26/11, 09:39 PM
Post *****

I hope it misses you Scott. I hope it misses everyone. A little rain is nice, but nobody needs tornadoes and flooding.

God bless and be safe out there.
Old 4/26/11, 09:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Scothew
In the now 7 years ive been a firefighter, ive never seen my cheif prepare this much for a storm. We made sure all equipment and trucks were gased up, all lights are with fresh batteries. extra radio batteris are on charge, all gear ready to go adn told us to pack our duffles in case we have an extended stay. asked us with atv's to ensure they are gased up and running as well.

If it means anything, my cheif was a LT at concord fire and resque when the april 8th storm came through and took out the whole oak grove and concord area. 2 of their stations were destroyed in taht storm.

I aint gonna lie, its got everyone a bit on edge. hell im backing up all my data to a portable hard drive now just in the event i have to bug out or something.
Well you are about a hundred miles to the south (if I were straight above you in Al.), and luckily the storms seem to weaken coming over the mountains in the NE part of Al. and the NW part of Ga. before they get here. But they do build back up, as evidenced in what they did last week when they moved over me and across the state line into Nc. and tornadoes killed 25 people. I don't like this ****, it scares me and I'm not afraid to admit it.
Old 4/26/11, 09:46 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

as I typed that, the main weather guy I follow in our area put this out on twitter.

spannJames Spann 

Feel confident most of the night will be calm in AL, but tomorrow will be as rough as it gets: http://bit.ly/icafOd #alwx
and if you follow his link, one paragraph stands out to me..
Between 7 a.m. and noon tomorrow, you will see strong storms fire over northern Mississippi again and they will edge into Northwest Alabama around lunchtime. By that time, the cap will start to erode, and storms will start to fire over Central and eastern Mississippi. We will probably remain high and dry in Central Alabama through lunchtime. But thunderstorms will start to go off like firecrackers over West Central Alabama between noon and 2 p.m. and work their way east and southeast. These storms will be dangerous, with good instability and strong wind fields. The various severe weather parameters are very high tomorrow and tornadoes are a good possibility, including the chance for long tracked and strong tornadoes.
My wife is goign to be at the hospital all day, her dad is having a major neck surgery. I know they have good saftey plans in place. I am off all day tomorrow while I have the kids, but if its starting to look bad, im sending them with my mother to my grandparents house a few miles down the road. THey have an underground basement and i'll hunker down here at home. Luckily im only a block from the station so a atv ride or sprint down there is easy to do.
Old 4/26/11, 09:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I hope it misses you Scott. I hope it misses everyone. A little rain is nice, but nobody needs tornadoes and flooding.

God bless and be safe out there.
Appreciate it brother!
Old 4/26/11, 10:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

as I typed that, the main weather guy I follow in our area put this out on twitter.

and if you follow his link, one paragraph stands out to me..

My wife is goign to be at the hospital all day, her dad is having a major neck surgery. I know they have good saftey plans in place. I am off all day tomorrow while I have the kids, but if its starting to look bad, im sending them with my mother to my grandparents house a few miles down the road. THey have an underground basement and i'll hunker down here at home. Luckily im only a block from the station so a atv ride or sprint down there is easy to do.
I wish I had a basement. I guess its time to start building that bunker full of food and guns with all of the things going on with the government now. (puts on tinfoil hat ) I actually thought about it today, I passed a 379 Peterbilt pulling an oversized flatbed trailer that had the biggest CAT generator I've ever seen on it. I thought, "****, I could use that!"
Old 4/26/11, 10:03 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Thats my next big investment. Since my house is total electric, I want a propane or natural gas powered generator thats big enough to power the entire place. At that point ill build a brick building around it so no one can screw with it and steal my copper. With a 500gallon tank, it should run my house for about 3-4 weeks with moderate use.

Last edited by Scothew; 4/26/11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 4/26/11, 10:06 PM
Post *****

Thats my next big investment. Since my house is total electric, I want a propane or natural gas powered generator thats big enough to power the entire place. At that point ill build a brick building around it so no one can screw with it and steal my copper. With a 500gallon tank, it should run my house for about 3-4 weeks with moderate use.
This!

I need to sell a couple of more houses and I plan to have this by hurricane season.
Old 4/26/11, 10:09 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Nice Gary, very nice! Something I have learned while having a master electrician for a father in law, figure out what you need load wise for a generator, and go up 1-2 sizes. Dont work them at a full load and they wont use as much fuel. Cost more up front, but gives your room to expand and also may save some in the long haul.
Old 4/26/11, 10:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I know what you mean. The goddamned tweaking meth heads around here are stealing the bronze head stone plaques and flower vases from cemeteries to sell at the recycling places. An acquaintance of mine has a pretty big junk yard of old cars. He heard the dogs barking one night and went out to see what was up. He walked up on a couple of guys out there, they were stealing radiators. The guy jerked his hand up and he saw a flash of something shiny and thought it was a gun. He shot him in the head with his .45, and it turned out what the guy was holding was a ratchet with an extension and socket on it. He hasn't been right ever since killing the boy.
Old 4/26/11, 10:28 PM
Post *****

Dang. That's a tough situation to be in. Not something you want to do, but at that moment it's him or me and I choose me.
Old 4/26/11, 10:34 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Old 4/26/11, 10:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Dang. That's a tough situation to be in. Not something you want to do, but at that moment it's him or me and I choose me.
IIRC the kid was only 20, and to make it worse it was a boy that grew up down the street from him and used to work for him when he was 13-14-15 years old to earn some extra cash. The guy didn't even need him to work, he just hired him to help him and his family out and to teach him about cars so the boy would have something to fall back on and keep him out of trouble.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/26/11 at 10:42 PM.
Old 4/26/11, 10:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You people suck at entertainment.
Old 4/26/11, 11:00 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You people suck at entertainment.
+1. Wanted to say hi but ****!
Old 4/26/11, 11:02 PM