Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/11, 03:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Ok, what is a deep freezer?

Indeed...
DUDE! You don't know what...

NVM

Old 4/20/11, 03:08 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
funny storms took out a few tree's there and at Auburn it took a redneck alabama fan with herbicides to take out ours.
Wow speaking of the devil...

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/1448476...ka-gas-station
Old 4/20/11, 03:21 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Yeah that was timely.

btw, the horticulturists having any luck with the tree?
Old 4/20/11, 03:27 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I enjoy the ones out of the can better than fresh also
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'll get a little at a big family dinner if I see some that are home cooked instead of out of a can. I know they'll usually be good because one of the older ladies has cooked them up really good with a ham hock in the pot to flavor them up.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
green beans are my favorite vegetable. especially if they're made right. Dad makes them fantastic, put in a chopped slice of bacon and some seasoning, mmmmmm!
I know there's different recipes for S.O.S., but the basic one I use is a can of mushroom soup made up, and a pound of ground beef, pour over (flakey) biscuits. But I like to throw in a can of (drained) green beans to the Shyte also. mmmmm!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/20/11 at 03:28 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 03:41 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I will eat them straight out of the can cold lol
Old 4/20/11, 03:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I will eat them straight out of the can cold lol

Now that is some straight up red neck **** right there.

I knew there was something I liked about you.
Old 4/20/11, 04:09 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Well who the hell calls them a deep freezer? We have one that my dad fills up with all his ducks and venison that he'll never eat.

True true. I think we forgot to put the "eh" at the end so he could understand it.
I have never in my life heard anyone in MN say "eh".
Old 4/20/11, 04:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Well who the hell calls them a deep freezer?
Apparently everyone but you.
Old 4/20/11, 04:23 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
When I hear deep freeze, I think of something being frozen down deep inside, which would make a deep freezer something that flash freezes stuff. Like the opposite of a microwave. Not a box you put stuff in to keep cold.
Old 4/20/11, 04:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

When I hear deep freeze, I think of something being frozen down deep inside, which would make a deep freezer something that flash freezes stuff. Like the opposite of a microwave. Not a box you put stuff in to keep cold.
I always figured that people called them that because they were a deep chest instead of an upright.
Old 4/20/11, 04:39 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah that was timely.

btw, the horticulturists having any luck with the tree?
They have dug up alot of the soil around them and blocked off the area to where no one can tamper with it. They are doing as much as can be I think, not sure on their hopefullness. i'll be back in opelika for work for a few days i think the first week of may, i am gonna try to ride over to campus and see if I can get a peak.

You made me just LOL for real while on the phone with a colleague.
Old 4/20/11, 05:01 PM
Post *****

I think I should have said arborist.

I'm pretty sure it was called a deep freezer because they were usually set lower than the freezer in the frig, for long term storage. Like to zero or below. (Seems like they were only offered as a chest freezer at first.) Whereas the freezer in the frig was set to maybe 10-20 degs for shorter term freezing & ice cubes.

This is particularly true back in the day where you only had one control in the frig and no way to adjust more air flow to the freezer portion. And there was nowhere near the number of convenience items (packaged crap) for the frig freezer in the kitchen as today.

For example, my 50's Kelvinator* out in the garage has only one thermostat and the freezer box inside at the top of the refrig (only one door). So I use the freezer box for my larger meat purchases - set the thermostat a bit colder - which means it holds some cold **** beer!

Remember, we started with "ice boxes". Literally.

* yep, still running! 2nd one in my family that just don't quit. Can you say Kelvinator, Nash, Jeep, AMC...

Similar to this:

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/20/11 at 05:29 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 05:16 PM
Post *****

I have never in my life heard anyone in MN say "eh".
You must be from Southern MN.
Old 4/20/11, 05:19 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I knew there was something I liked about you.
Well I R Redneck
Old 4/20/11, 06:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Well I R Redneck
i dont know if i`m prowd to be known as a redneck anymore .. the definition seems to have changed a bit ..

In modern usage, redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of whites from the Southern United States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

The redneck stereotype:
The term redneck is seen by some people to be both racist and classist, as it is was originally used to describe a person of pale skin that has been sunburned doing outdoor work or field work, and disproportionately applies to the poor. Today, a redneck is a stereotypical southern United States socially conservative, fiscally liberal, rural, working class white person with northern European ancestry.
The popular etymology says that the term derives from such individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime. The effect of decades of direct sunlight on the exposed skin of the back of the neck not only reddens fair skin, but renders it leathery and tough, and typically very wrinkled by late middle age. Another popular theory stems from the use of red bandanas tied around the neck to signify union affiliation during the violent clashes between United Mine Workers and owners between 1910 and 1920.
Some historians claim that the term redneck originated in 17th century Virginia, when indentured servants were sunburnt while tending plantation crops.

A redneck is usually typified in popular culture by a straight male with a beer belly that consumes cheap American beer such as Busch or Miller by the case (Pabst Blue Ribbon in more traditional settings) as well as Jack Daniel's. They are generally distrustful or dislike anyone not like them or the government. The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the rear window. He generally wears a stained, sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and a trucker hat.
Their hair is generally worn in the mullet style, and they favor long sideburns. Personal hygiene is a lost concept with the stereotypical redneck, and what teeth they have left generally show the complete anthology of the stages of dental caries. Their favorite activities include hunting, shooting at road signs and lights, professional wrestling, NASCAR, monster truck rallies, car engine repair, collecting junked cars and large appliances on their lawns, having way too many children and dogs, participating in domestic disturbances, and waiting around for their welfare checks. Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music.
Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.
Old 4/20/11, 06:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Lee they are still called Deep Freezers everywhere. I posted a link really quick before you got yours up from a quick search of Deep freezers
Obviously not in Canada.
Not called a deep freezer here either!
Old 4/20/11, 06:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Well when you put it that way. it takes all the fun out of saying that you are a redneck.
Old 4/20/11, 06:28 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by denlem
Not called a deep freezer here either!
What do they call them up north then?
Old 4/20/11, 06:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by HOSS429
i dont know if i`m prowd to be known as a redneck anymore .. the definition seems to have changed a bit ..

A redneck is usually typified in popular culture by a straight male with a beer belly that consumes cheap American beer such as Busch or Miller by the case (Pabst Blue Ribbon in more traditional settings) as well as Jack Daniel's. They are generally distrustful or dislike anyone not like them or the government. The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the rear window. He generally wears a stained, sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and a trucker hat.
Their hair is generally worn in the mullet style, and they favor long sideburns. Personal hygiene is a lost concept with the stereotypical redneck, and what teeth they have left generally show the complete anthology of the stages of dental caries. Their favorite activities include hunting, shooting at road signs and lights, professional wrestling, NASCAR, monster truck rallies, car engine repair, collecting junked cars and large appliances on their lawns, having way too many children and dogs, participating in domestic disturbances, and waiting around for their welfare checks. Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music.
Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.

Sadly, that is how many people outside the South think we all are. In all honesty, I've seen just as many if not more people that fit that cliche up north than down here these days. Especially in parts of Oh., In. and Mi.

I blame Hollywood, the government, and liberals for that. Don't trust any of them.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/20/11 at 06:36 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 06:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What do they call them up north then?
A freezer!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast