Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/10, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Thanks guys for all the kind words. I'm sorry some of you had to say goodbye to yours too. It's such a horrible thing, but we know they're in a better place. I know Carmel's up in heaved chasing bunnies and squirrels.

Very cute dog.

Thanks Nathan.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well Seven and I had quite the day today. We left home at about 8:00am and headed to Austin for a charity golf tournament I go to every year. I've been going since the second year and it's become quite a big event now.

This morning the roads were nasty for the 120 mile trip. A slight drizzle and lots of road construction made for a messy car. But she drove so good and I averaged 20.4 mpg. Not bad for 75 mph and 479 horsepower. I love taking the car on road trips. Everything about the car is just so perfect and responsive.

So before I went to the golf course I took the car by a body shop, recommended by local Austin stang owners on a Texas Mustang forum (Lone Star Stangs). The shop is very highly recommended and I can see why. The guy really knew his stuff. He said he paints stripes on GT500's and Mustangs all the time for a Ford dealer up in Austin when someone wants real stripes. He said mine would be tough because their is no real way to paint matte black stripes that wouldn't have a ledge. He said just spraying hot rod black on it would end up just like the stripes with an edge that would eventually lift and waxing would be a PITA.

So we kind of came up with an idea. Kind of like ghost stripes. The stripes would be UA black with a touch of grey and some pearl coat in it to make them slightly reflective in the light. then the entire surfaces would be clearcoated so that they would be completely smooth. I thought it was a great idea. I said I need to get my hood first though and then this summer I'll call him and setup an appointment and then drive it up and drop it off with him for a couple of weeks.

Here's the killer...total cost...$2,400.

But essentially he's sanding and painting and clearing and polishing my front bumper, hood, roof, trunk, spoiler, and rear bumper. Plus he removes all these parts to do this. Just by talking to this guy I could tell he will be worth the money. He just knew things. He knew that the hot rod black was a bad idea, and from everything I've seen I knew that too. I was glad he wouldn't do that. Plus he knew about using a satin clear coat, but it would be difficult to make a line with it and the regular clear coat.

Plus he had some vintage Camaros and Mustangs in his shop that were being redone too. Yet the front of the shop wasn't particularly special or one of these high dollar ridiculous places. You had to know about the place or have it recommended to even find it.

Anyway. I need money for a hood and paint job now.
But it's a ton of work they'll do to make it look show worthy So my guess is that total cost for the paint + hood would be around $3-3.2k, depending on the hood primarily.
Originally Posted by Knight
Well, I was like, hmm, I need a job. Hey I like Mustangs! Hey there is a Ford dealer near my house.

I go and look up dealership phone number.

Dial number...automated phone picks up.

I press 0.

Girl answers.

"Can I speak with the Sales Manager?" I inquire.

"Sure" she replies.

dang a voicemail

"Hi my names Chris and I was wondering if you were in need of a Sale person." I say to the machine.

I get a call back.

"Hi I'm Ken the Sales manager, what made you call me." the manager says.

"I am out of a job and I have been in Sales before and really love Ford products and such." I reply in excitement.

In responce he says "cool, why don't you come in for an interview".

I go to interview and impress the 3 managers with my professional appearence and attitude.

They offer me a job.

The End?

No, i turn the job down because i have to check on my child care situation and he says to let him know soon.

I accept this.

I call back a few days and he wants me to do one more interview with some consultant.

I agree.

I meet consultant, I impress consultant with my professional appearence and attitude.

He offers me the job.

i accept job.

The End.
That job was waiting for you I guess. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I find it to help me a lot. I just go about typing and naturally miss a million buttons, and it's close to what I mean normally...

And in a bit of truck related news: Got the extra quart of oil (the hell kind of 6 cylinder engine takes 7 quarts, tires plus? I only bought 6 for a reason) taken out of the truck. Hate letting other people touch her, this just reinforced. Plus they didn't tighten the bolt on the bottom of the pan that extra 1/4 turn so it never drips, and they got the outside of the oil filter all dirty. The first oil change I ever even attempted was better than the pro's standards And I now have black tires! As opposed to gray and dirt. Hit them with some armor all and lysol wipes earlier (Yes, I know armor all's silicone based, it was dry before I drove so none got on the paint). It looks sooo much nicer
I really don't trust anyone other than my dad to change the oil on my cars. The smallest details are the ones that make the difference. I like to see my oil filter clean, and if it gets dirty on the installation process, I usually have a clean rag to wipe it.
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
when I change my oil I always noticed a teflon washer at the bolt end, last time I changed mine it was not there ? wondering if the dealer left it off ? I think it's good to have , so as not to over tighten too, my sister had some screw ball change her oil , he reefed so hard he stripped it on her, then sain they have to pull her engine to fix what they F'd up I wrote out a nice letter and they corrected it.
So if you over tighten and stretch those threads you risk it !
that plastic thing makes an oil tight seal between the pan and the bolt. They tend to crack over time. I like replacing them with cooper or soft aluminum washers. The Mustang has two cooper ones. Zero leaks there
Originally Posted by 07S197
Good afternoon people. Been a very busy day here. Mowed the lawn, dug up the front yard to fix the sprinkler system, I had one bad head.

The i got onto the enjoyable stuff. Washed the car and gave it a quick wax. Then I took off the wheels and washed the inside of them and while I was at it I installed my modified center caps.

Sooooooo.......here is how she looks

And here are two of how the center caps turned out upclose:

Looks fantastic Jim.
Old 4/24/10, 05:03 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks really good Jim.

On a side note. I wasn't aware there were any 4x4 S197 Mustangs.
HAHAH Yeah thats on the list of to do's. With the cost of the brakes & I wana do 3.73's I don't think a suspension kit is in the cards this year. I'm a little pissed off though, I noticed the left rear shock is leaking. So I guess I need to make an apointment to get that taken care of under warranty before August.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Looks really good, Jim Any plans to tint the windows? That would look sweet
Yes actually that was an x-mas/birthday present. I just need to make the appointment.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I'm not a fan of the shiny centers... The black center caps seemed to match the car... Car looks amazingg thoughh What color is that? I like it
It is Alloy Gray.

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
when was that exactly ?
4:03pm IDK what was up.

Originally Posted by edumspeed
Looks fantastic Jim.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, It's a work in progress but it's getting there.
Old 4/24/10, 05:23 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Alloy... Sweet There's a GT500 that's Alloy with silver stripes down the street from me, that's a nice lookin' color in the sun!
Old 4/24/10, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Stop right there we have an Alloy Shelby here on a lot in town ! I think I'll look at my pic's
Old 4/24/10, 05:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
It's raining like pouring **** out of a boot and there's more coming

Sounds like a quote for the Colloquialisms thread!
I think I struck a nerve.

Old 4/24/10, 05:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
HAHAH Yeah thats on the list of to do's. With the cost of the brakes & I wana do 3.73's I don't think a suspension kit is in the cards this year. I'm a little pissed off though, I noticed the left rear shock is leaking. So I guess I need to make an apointment to get that taken care of under warranty before August.
If you have any trouble, I've got my stock pair laying around with only 2k miles on them and I'll send it to you if you need it.
Old 4/24/10, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

HAs anyone here changed out their strut tower mounts ? I have 2 new Shlby ones I wanted to pop in but have not got around to it , maybe soon when better weater comes our way, woundering how hard it would be other than getting a spring compressor ?
Old 4/24/10, 05:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It's not hard. I did it along time ago. So long I can't even remember how I did it. I just used the el cheapo spring compressor.
Old 4/24/10, 06:14 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Just in case anyone's wondering if there's still snow in MN. From my parking lot at school.

Mostly dirt I think underneath, but there's still some snow in there too.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 4/24/10 at 06:15 PM.
Old 4/24/10, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cdynaco
you're usually typing with your thumbs, right?

sorry, i just had to finally ask LOL

are you 100% mobile? I'm interested...
I am sorta single but what are you getting at ? Lmao

here i am watching the hockey game holding the itouch typing with yes my thumb

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 4/24/10 at 06:28 PM.
Old 4/24/10, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

3-0 for Ottawa vs Pitsburg i dont xare for Ottawa but they arw Canadian eh !
Old 4/24/10, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

hey check out a friend's 1965 GT she's an up & coming performer Audrianna Cole
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-audriannas-1965-gt.jpg  
Old 4/24/10, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Just a few minutes someone was hit by a car in front of my house It's still breathing, but not moving
Old 4/24/10, 06:55 PM

Jeez Eduardo! You need to move somewhere else. Hope they're ok!
Old 4/24/10, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Jeez Eduardo! You need to move somewhere else. Hope they're ok!
I called 911 and the ambulance's here. The guy's alive for the moment. The cops arrived first.
Old 4/24/10, 07:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

That's one of the dangers in living in front of a four lane avenue. You have to be extra careful when you walk and when you drive. People just get distracted so easily.
Old 4/24/10, 07:12 PM

Did the person who hit them stay there or drive off?
Old 4/24/10, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Did the person who hit them stay there or drive off?
It's still there. The guy fell in front of the car a few feet away, and there was a lot of people around.
Old 4/24/10, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Gary https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482454
Old 4/24/10, 08:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ahhh... drove my Bullitt for the first time since November.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast