Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/10, 08:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Yes, you missed the fact that Nathan is one of the people that **** me off and I curse at for riding in the middle lane on the interstate, even though they aren't passing anybody, and even when traffic is passing them on both sides.

I do that too. If the speed limit is 65, and i'm in a left lane doing 65, then too bad. Legally I can't go any faster and it doesn't matter which lane i'm in!

Old 4/26/10, 08:27 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Yes, you missed the fact that Nathan is one of the people that **** me off and I curse at for riding in the middle lane on the interstate, even though they aren't passing anybody, and even when traffic is passing them on both sides.

Hey, I was doing 70 in a 60. The stupid acura was probably going 80 or so and was sitting right on my tail and finally decided to pass me. Besides, there's usually a cop that likes to hide along there.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I was reminded of one of his earlier videos when all I could see was the pony on the Notch's dash. That was riveting entertainment.

Oops. I'm being rude again. BAD GARY!
Old 4/26/10, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Don't forget his choice in outstanding music ! I'm sure it's better than some other crapola we here
Old 4/26/10, 08:31 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Don't forget his choice in outstanding music ! I'm sure it's better than some other crapola we here
Was there music too?

I bet it was country. It was country wasn't it?
Old 4/26/10, 08:32 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
si senor!
Old 4/26/10, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Now I'm gonna have to go on youtube and post a comment.
Old 4/26/10, 08:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I do that too. If the speed limit is 65, and i'm in a left lane doing 65, then too bad. Legally I can't go any faster and it doesn't matter which lane i'm in!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Hey, I was doing 70 in a 60. The stupid acura was probably going 80 or so and was sitting right on my tail and finally decided to pass me. Besides, there's usually a cop that likes to hide along there.

Read the signs, "Slower Traffic Keep Right". They are actually starting to crack down on that here (thank God). Even if you are doing the speed limit, its against the law to ride in the fast lane unless you are passing, or stay in the middle lane if traffic is moving faster in the lanes around you. Its called impeding the flow of traffic.
Old 4/26/10, 08:41 PM

Read the signs, "Slower Traffic Keep Right". They are actually starting to crack down on that here (thank God). Even if you are doing the speed limit, its against the law to ride in the fast lane unless you are passing, or stay in the middle lane if traffic is moving faster in the lanes around you. Its called impeding the flow of traffic.
Isn't that big of a deal around here. I'm usually the one complaining about people poking along in the left lane.
Old 4/26/10, 08:42 PM

Left lane or not, I can't go over the speed limit. If the right lane is doing 60 in a 65 and i'm in the left lane doing 65, technically i'm passing since i'm going faster than the traffic in the right lane.
Old 4/26/10, 08:43 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Isn't that big of a deal around here. I'm usually the one complaining about people poking along in the left lane.
Freaking Canada.
Old 4/26/10, 08:45 PM
NTTAWWT

i dont mind quiiiiite as much if there's three lanes, and you're in the middle, but if there's two, you better get out of my way! nothing is more irritating traffic wise than having to cancel off your cruise cause some moron is in the way.
Old 4/26/10, 08:47 PM

I wasn't in the way! I was already speeding as it was, and there was a nice empty left lane if anyone wanted to go faster.
Old 4/26/10, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
i dont mind quiiiiite as much if there's three lanes, and you're in the middle, but if there's two, you better get out of my way! nothing is more irritating traffic wise than having to cancel off your cruise cause some moron is in the way.
There is nothing more fun than setting my cruise control at the speed limit and helping some speeder behind me from getting a ticket or killed!
Old 4/26/10, 08:48 PM
Post *****

I have no comment on the subject. I truly only use the left lane to pass.

I freely admit that I speed. That's why I have a radar detector in each car. It's not crazy speeding, but I just can't help going about 10 over. It's just in my DNA. I speed in traffic because with a radar detector it doesn't do any good to speed alone. All you are is busted then.
Old 4/26/10, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I have no comment on the subject. I truly only use the left lane to pass.

I freely admit that I speed. That's why I have a radar detector in each car. It's not crazy speeding, but I just can't help going about 10 over. It's just in my DNA. I speed in traffic because with a radar detector it doesn't do any good to speed alone. All you are is busted then.
I typically do 5-10 over, but what is fun when my radar detector is going off and i'm slowing down. I'll gladly let the speeder go by and see them get pulled over!

I used to have this hand held device that would set off someones radar detector. It was fun setting it off when someone was next to me.
Old 4/26/10, 09:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Left lane or not, I can't go over the speed limit. If the right lane is doing 60 in a 65 and i'm in the left lane doing 65, technically i'm passing since i'm going faster than the traffic in the right lane.
If there is traffic in the right lane that is different. I'm talking about the people that ride for miles and miles in the left lane with no or sparse traffic in the slow lane, and people are having to move into the right lane to pass them. If someone is approaching you from the rear at a faster speed, it is your duty to move right and let them pass if no one is in that lane.

The worst problem I encounter in traffic is on 3 lanes where someone rides in the middle lane at or below the limit. Usually around here, even traffic in the slow lane is moving at or slightly above the limit. This jams traffic up in all 3 lanes because the people that are doing 10-20 over are jockeying to the left and right trying to pass the douche bag in the middle that won't move over.
Old 4/26/10, 09:01 PM
Post *****

I typically do 5-10 over, but what is fun when my radar detector is going off and i'm slowing down. I'll gladly let the speeder go by and see them get pulled over!

I used to have this hand held device that would set off someones radar detector. It was fun setting it off when someone was next to me.

Now if someone goes by me doing 15-20 over I will consider following them. But the situation has to be just right. Not too much traffic. Maybe its a couple of cars and I'd be third. I'll follow far enough back not to get caught except in some freak circumstance. i've really got it down to a science.

I live in a somewhat rural area. To drive to a city like Austin or San Antonio I'll have to use some 2 lane and maybe 4 lane highways. But these highways go through some small towns. They typically don't bypass the town with the highway. So you have to go through stop lights and 30 mph zones every 30 minutes or so. What drives me freakin' ape **** is the idiots that will go 65 in a 70 on the highway and then gt 45 in a 30 in the towns. It's freakin' nuts. I won't speed in the little towns. Those are the cops that catch you. They've got to make their payroll for the month. But I have to pass these morons on a 2 lane highway with curves and tractors and no passing zones, only to have them speed passed me in a city, where they really could run over a pedestrian or something, and then I've got to pass them again on the highway on the other side of town.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 4/26/10 at 09:23 PM.
Old 4/26/10, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQbT...eature=related

"The 48 is testing my patience"

Old 4/26/10, 09:20 PM

I live in a small town with no crime. The cops are always sitting somewhere so you never speed through town. This area here where it says Main Street across from Common St. suddenly drops to 20MPH. Cops are always sitting at Common St. where it hits SW Main St. I always slow down there and come close to having someone on my bumper!

Old 4/26/10, 09:25 PM
NTTAWWT

There is nothing more fun than setting my cruise control at the speed limit and helping some speeder behind me from getting a ticket or killed!
it's not speeding that kills people, it's the sudden stopping thats the problem

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast