Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/10, 12:52 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm so excited!
Ins restored means Bullitt out of storage & back on the road for 2010!!!
Old 4/24/10, 12:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 609 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'm so excited!
Ins restored means Bullitt out of storage & back on the road for 2010!!!

Old 4/24/10, 03:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 609 Likes on 438 Posts
I hope Nathan is doing alright. All of this dog talk reminds me of one of my favorite books, "Where the Red Fern Grows" . I read it as a little guy, and I have to say that it is what fueled my love of books. I need to read it again, its been a long time, even though I have probably read it 20 times or more in my life.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/24/10 at 03:09 AM.
Old 4/24/10, 11:10 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I take the ins(urance) off in the winter when its in storage because of snow and cinder on the roads.
Old 4/24/10, 11:46 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well Seven and I had quite the day today. We left home at about 8:00am and headed to Austin for a charity golf tournament I go to every year. I've been going since the second year and it's become quite a big event now.

This morning the roads were nasty for the 120 mile trip. A slight drizzle and lots of road construction made for a messy car. But she drove so good and I averaged 20.4 mpg. Not bad for 75 mph and 479 horsepower. I love taking the car on road trips. Everything about the car is just so perfect and responsive.

So before I went to the golf course I took the car by a body shop, recommended by local Austin stang owners on a Texas Mustang forum (Lone Star Stangs). The shop is very highly recommended and I can see why. The guy really knew his stuff. He said he paints stripes on GT500's and Mustangs all the time for a Ford dealer up in Austin when someone wants real stripes. He said mine would be tough because their is no real way to paint matte black stripes that wouldn't have a ledge. He said just spraying hot rod black on it would end up just like the stripes with an edge that would eventually lift and waxing would be a PITA.

So we kind of came up with an idea. Kind of like ghost stripes. The stripes would be UA black with a touch of grey and some pearl coat in it to make them slightly reflective in the light. then the entire surfaces would be clearcoated so that they would be completely smooth. I thought it was a great idea. I said I need to get my hood first though and then this summer I'll call him and setup an appointment and then drive it up and drop it off with him for a couple of weeks.

Here's the killer...total cost...$2,400.

But essentially he's sanding and painting and clearing and polishing my front bumper, hood, roof, trunk, spoiler, and rear bumper. Plus he removes all these parts to do this. Just by talking to this guy I could tell he will be worth the money. He just knew things. He knew that the hot rod black was a bad idea, and from everything I've seen I knew that too. I was glad he wouldn't do that. Plus he knew about using a satin clear coat, but it would be difficult to make a line with it and the regular clear coat.

Plus he had some vintage Camaros and Mustangs in his shop that were being redone too. Yet the front of the shop wasn't particularly special or one of these high dollar ridiculous places. You had to know about the place or have it recommended to even find it.

Anyway. I need money for a hood and paint job now.
It sounds like you found a good shop you can trust to do the job right. Oh and just to let you know I think that the total price is actually cheap for everything that they will do.
Old 4/24/10, 11:49 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
It sounds like you found a good shop you can trust to do the job right. Oh and just to let you know I think that the total price is actually cheap for everything that they will do.

Thanks Dirk! I was hoping you'd see that post.

If he'd have said anything under $2,000 I would have known he was full of it. I knew it was going to be expensive. But your comment makes me feel better about the price.
Old 4/24/10, 11:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's raining like pouring **** out of a boot and there's more coming
Old 4/24/10, 12:00 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by Knight Rider
how do you become a salesman? I'm curious
Well, I was like, hmm, I need a job. Hey I like Mustangs! Hey there is a Ford dealer near my house.

I go and look up dealership phone number.

Dial number...automated phone picks up.

I press 0.

Girl answers.

"Can I speak with the Sales Manager?" I inquire.

"Sure" she replies.

dang a voicemail

"Hi my names Chris and I was wondering if you were in need of a Sale person." I say to the machine.

I get a call back.

"Hi I'm Ken the Sales manager, what made you call me." the manager says.

"I am out of a job and I have been in Sales before and really love Ford products and such." I reply in excitement.

In responce he says "cool, why don't you come in for an interview".

I go to interview and impress the 3 managers with my professional appearence and attitude.

They offer me a job.

The End?

No, i turn the job down because i have to check on my child care situation and he says to let him know soon.

I accept this.

I call back a few days and he wants me to do one more interview with some consultant.

I agree.

I meet consultant, I impress consultant with my professional appearence and attitude.

He offers me the job.

i accept job.

The End.
Old 4/24/10, 12:20 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Thanks Dirk! I was hoping you'd see that post.

If he'd have said anything under $2,000 I would have known he was full of it. I knew it was going to be expensive. But your comment makes me feel better about the price.
Yeah under $2,000 would have been making me wonder what kind of corners he would cut.

That is a great deal tho since he said that he would take off the parts to paint them. I was curious one day and stopped at a body shop to see how much it would cost to repaint my 2001 Celica black. Nothing special just the same color that it was and they told me that it would cost me $3,500 for that. They also told me that they would be taking everything off so that they would paint all the jams too.

The best body shops to go to are the ones that will remove body panels to make sure that everything is even when they paint. That also means that they are professional and care about how the paint job turns out cuz it is their reputation that is on the line.
Old 4/24/10, 01:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Knight
Well, I was like, hmm, I need a job. Hey I like Mustangs! Hey there is a Ford dealer near my house.

I press 0.

Girl answers.

"Sure" she replies.

dang a voicemail

"Hi my names Chris and I was wondering if you were in need of a Sale person." I say to the machine.

I get a call back.

"I am out of a job and I have been in Sales before and really love Ford products and such." I reply in excitement.

I go to interview and impress the 3 managers with my professional appearence and attitude.

They offer me a job.

The End?

No, i turn the job down because i have to check on my child care situation and he says to let him know soon.

I accept this.

I call back a few days and he wants me to do one more interview with some consultant.

I agree.

I meet consultant, I impress consultant with my professional appearence and attitude.

He offers me the job.

i accept job.

The End.
Sounds like they really like you. Maybe they might want to groom you for management.
Old 4/24/10, 01:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Traction control compares the difference in speed of the front and rear wheels with the ABS reluctor rings, if the rear wheels are spinnig faster than the front it drops the spark to the plugs on random cylinders to shunt power
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!

Well Seven and I had quite the day today. We left home at about 8:00am and headed to Austin for a charity golf tournament I go to every year. I've been going since the second year and it's become quite a big event now.

This morning the roads were nasty for the 120 mile trip. A slight drizzle and lots of road construction made for a messy car. But she drove so good and I averaged 20.4 mpg. Not bad for 75 mph and 479 horsepower. I love taking the car on road trips. Everything about the car is just so perfect and responsive.

So before I went to the golf course I took the car by a body shop, recommended by local Austin stang owners on a Texas Mustang forum (Lone Star Stangs). The shop is very highly recommended and I can see why. The guy really knew his stuff. He said he paints stripes on GT500's and Mustangs all the time for a Ford dealer up in Austin when someone wants real stripes. He said mine would be tough because their is no real way to paint matte black stripes that wouldn't have a ledge. He said just spraying hot rod black on it would end up just like the stripes with an edge that would eventually lift and waxing would be a PITA.

So we kind of came up with an idea. Kind of like ghost stripes. The stripes would be UA black with a touch of grey and some pearl coat in it to make them slightly reflective in the light. then the entire surfaces would be clearcoated so that they would be completely smooth. I thought it was a great idea. I said I need to get my hood first though and then this summer I'll call him and setup an appointment and then drive it up and drop it off with him for a couple of weeks.

Here's the killer...total cost...$2,400.

But essentially he's sanding and painting and clearing and polishing my front bumper, hood, roof, trunk, spoiler, and rear bumper. Plus he removes all these parts to do this. Just by talking to this guy I could tell he will be worth the money. He just knew things. He knew that the hot rod black was a bad idea, and from everything I've seen I knew that too. I was glad he wouldn't do that. Plus he knew about using a satin clear coat, but it would be difficult to make a line with it and the regular clear coat.

Plus he had some vintage Camaros and Mustangs in his shop that were being redone too. Yet the front of the shop wasn't particularly special or one of these high dollar ridiculous places. You had to know about the place or have it recommended to even find it.

Anyway. I need money for a hood and paint job now.
It'll be worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I hope Nathan is doing alright. All of this dog talk reminds me of one of my favorite books, "Where the Red Fern Grows" . I read it as a little guy, and I have to say that it is what fueled my love of books. I need to read it again, its been a long time, even though I have probably read it 20 times or more in my life.
I saw the movie when I was little. I was a mess afterwards.

I press 0.

Girl answers.

"Sure" she replies.

dang a voicemail

I get a call back.

They offer me a job.

The End?

I accept this.

I agree.

He offers me the job.

i accept job.

The End.
Very nice Chris!!
Old 4/24/10, 01:35 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Yup. I found the iphone auto type correction is wrong more than it is right.
I find it to help me a lot. I just go about typing and naturally miss a million buttons, and it's close to what I mean normally...

And in a bit of truck related news: Got the extra quart of oil (the hell kind of 6 cylinder engine takes 7 quarts, tires plus? I only bought 6 for a reason) taken out of the truck. Hate letting other people touch her, this just reinforced. Plus they didn't tighten the bolt on the bottom of the pan that extra 1/4 turn so it never drips, and they got the outside of the oil filter all dirty. The first oil change I ever even attempted was better than the pro's standards And I now have black tires! As opposed to gray and dirt. Hit them with some armor all and lysol wipes earlier (Yes, I know armor all's silicone based, it was dry before I drove so none got on the paint). It looks sooo much nicer
Old 4/24/10, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I find it to help me a lot. I just go about typing and naturally miss a million buttons, and it's close to what I mean normally...

And in a bit of truck related news: Got the extra quart of oil (the hell kind of 6 cylinder engine takes 7 quarts, tires plus? I only bought 6 for a reason) taken out of the truck. Hate letting other people touch her, this just reinforced. Plus they didn't tighten the bolt on the bottom of the pan that extra 1/4 turn so it never drips, and they got the outside of the oil filter all dirty. The first oil change I ever even attempted was better than the pro's standards And I now have black tires! As opposed to gray and dirt. Hit them with some armor all and lysol wipes earlier (Yes, I know armor all's silicone based, it was dry before I drove so none got on the paint). It looks sooo much nicer
Too bad the ipods can't use swype.

Go get some pics.
Old 4/24/10, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
sure auto correct could be helpful if one took the time to look before they leaped ? Mr. Two Thumbs here
Old 4/24/10, 01:42 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Too bad the ipods can't use swype.

Old 4/24/10, 01:44 PM

I think I struck a nerve.
Old 4/24/10, 01:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

when I change my oil I always noticed a teflon washer at the bolt end, last time I changed mine it was not there ? wondering if the dealer left it off ? I think it's good to have , so as not to over tighten too, my sister had some screw ball change her oil , he reefed so hard he stripped it on her, then sain they have to pull her engine to fix what they F'd up I wrote out a nice letter and they corrected it.
So if you over tighten and stretch those threads you risk it !
Old 4/24/10, 01:57 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Sounds like they really like you. Maybe they might want to groom you for management.
They actually did ask me about my computer skills as they don't have an internet sales department and i think they want me to heklp start one.
Old 4/24/10, 02:03 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good afternoon people. Been a very busy day here. Mowed the lawn, dug up the front yard to fix the sprinkler system, I had one bad head.

The i got onto the enjoyable stuff. Washed the car and gave it a quick wax. Then I took off the wheels and washed the inside of them and while I was at it I installed my modified center caps.

Sooooooo.......here is how she looks

And here are two of how the center caps turned out upclose:

Old 4/24/10, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

They actually did ask me about my computer skills as they don't have an internet sales department and i think they want me to help start one.
Maybe they'd want to clone you ? kidding wait till they figure out you can draw as well they'll have you doing add's for them ? Sounds like it's all working out for you right on about dang time too !

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast