Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/10, 07:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
thanks everyone...i need to get my passport renewed and go home for a while..i havent been there in over 5 years..i need to be there for my grandma and the rest of my family..im sorry dennis...
Old 4/14/10, 07:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm sorry Dennis and Diana.

I thought I was having a petty rough week, but things like that put it in perspective.
Old 4/14/10, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Also sorry Dennis I had double when I was 8 years old I was in for a month and a half they say that when your like my age now it could be deadly being older
Old 4/14/10, 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just changed the engine oil Mobile 1 and put the spiffy K&N back on I think it sounds meaner if anything to the wallet for fuel !
Old 4/14/10, 10:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Dennis. And I hope you are able to get to the Ukraine to reunite with your mother and grandmother Diana.

Raptor update from teh Raptor forum. We've been making such a stink over there about not having any answers, the F-150 Marketing manager took time to address us. People were threatening to cancel orders because no body knew anything but internet rumors.

What's up with my 6.2L retail order?
I'd like to provide some background first. When we first revealed the F-150 SVT Raptor we announced our plans to offer both a 5.4L and 6.2L engine despite the fact that the 6.2L would not be available until 2010 calendar year (several months after the 5.4L launch). We took this somewhat unusual step of announcing the 6.2L very early because we wanted to give prospective buyers as much information as possible to make the best decision for their individual situation. Keep in mind that in general there's limitations for how much advance information we can announce early due to competitive reasons. Fortunately, in this case we were able to announce the 6.2L earlier than normal.

We also took the step of announcing the 6.2L pricing at the same time as we announced the F-150 SVT Raptor pricing w/ the 5.4L. Again, this was done to help prospective buyers make the best decision for themselves.

A downside to this strategy is it makes for a longer wait for those wanting the 6.2L engine. For those who've placed an order for the 6.2L, let me extend my sincere thanks for your patience. I know the wait has been long and you are anxious to get your truck ASAP. I definately understand. The truck is fantastic, I really think that your wait will be worth it.

Our priority for launching any new product is to make sure the quality meets the high standards of our customers and our internal world class standards. We will not release a car or truck for sale until it meets these requirements. If it means we need to hold the vehicles for additional checks we will do that. We simply will NOT compromise on our quality and delivering the toughest, most capable truck to our customers.

The extreme high interest in Raptor and most recently the 6.2L engine has generated over 7,000 orders worldwide for the truck since launch, including nearly 3,000 6.2L orders. While this is great for Ford and Raptor, it results in longer than normal waits for our customers because we have limited manufacturing capacity for speciality products like Raptor. To put it in context we were building about 500 5.4L Raptors per month prior to the 6.2L launch.

For a typical vehicle like the base F-150 (non Raptor) the monthly production is allocated to dealers each month. There's a sophisticated computer formula which basically calculates how many vehicles each dealer receives based on their sales and inventory levels. For specialty and limited production vehicles like Raptor with very high demand the traditional system could result in some dealers not receiving a Raptor in a timely basis due to their size. However, that's not the case for Raptor! In the United States we have a process we are using called the retail order verification process. This process validates which dealer orders are for retail customers who have committed to purchasing the truck (vs. orders that dealers place for stock or inventory which do not have an identified purchaser when the the order was placed). Once the dealer has a deposit and the required paperwork the dealership submits the info to our program headquarters and within a couple of days the order is typically verified.

Verified retail orders (you can ask your dealer if your not certain if your retail order was submitted thru this process) then get priority scheduling. It doesn't matter if you placed the order at the biggest or smallest Ford U.S. dealer. If it's a verified retail order it gets priority scheduling.

When we launched the 6.2L Raptor we did have a hold on the trucks initially for some checks to make sure everything met our high standards. Unfortunately, we can't predict exactly how long it will take sometimes to resolve the concern so orders were pushed back to a later date when we could be certain they would be built. On March 31 the concern was resolved and we released the 6.2L for sale and resumed production. Shortly after this we took immediate action to pull ahead scheduling of all verified retail orders into our May production and prioritized these units ahead of all other Raptor production. This is the good news as it improved some order dates by several months. That's the good news. Note it takes a few days for the internal Ford systems to get updated with the new schedule dates for dealers and our customer assistance center to view and communicate to our customers. However, I can tell you I have verified the schedule dates of a handful of verified retail orders which had June or later schedule dates and they indeed have been pulled ahead into May production. I am told that your dealers should see the updated schedule dates by tomorrow.

We truly appreciate your patience. We care deeply about you as customers and are grateful you have ordered the F-150 SVT Raptor.

Hopefully, this clarifies some misinformation out there. The truth is we care deeply and we are building the 6.2L's as fast as we can to try to keep up with the huge demand. We have prioritized the verified retail orders ahead of other production and that should result in getting these Raptors delivered months ahead of what would happen w/out this program. 6.2L Raptors are being built and shipped and of course they meet all of our quality standards. Verified retail orders are being prioritized irrespective of the size of your dealer. New schedule dates should be available tomorrow (I'm crossing my fingers!)

If your order was placed and verified recently (within the last 2 weeks) your order will get scheduled for June production.

Final note - Raptors ordered with boxside digital mud graphics go to a seperate modification center in Flat Rock (most of you are aware of this). This additional step adds some time to your delivery date vs. those without the digital mud graphic.

Sorry for the long note. Just wanted to try to provide you with some better info and updated news.

Thanks again for your patience.
Old 4/14/10, 11:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The extreme high interest in Raptor and most recently the 6.2L engine has generated over 7,000 orders worldwide for the truck since launch, including nearly 3,000 6.2L orders. [42%+] While this is great for Ford and Raptor, it results in longer than normal waits for our customers because we have limited manufacturing capacity for speciality products like Raptor. To put it in context we were building about 500 5.4L Raptors per month prior to the 6.2L launch.

Those darn American Big Three... they forced all those SUV's and trucks with bigger engines down our throat!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/14/10 at 11:04 PM.
Old 4/14/10, 11:28 PM
Post *****

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item5ad8b8f466
Old 4/15/10, 01:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Maybe Jill can help me out with this, but why do health and beauty products for women cost so much? I was looking for something in the bathroom closet today and saw this funky shaped little aerosol can. It was hairspray. I flipped it over and it had a price sticker on it, $28. Are you ****ting me?!?!?! 28 ****ing dollars for a little can of hairspray? WTF? I looked a little further and found a bottle of shampoo that was $70! Really?!? How can this **** be any better than a $3 can of Aqua Net, and a $5 bottle of Head and Shoulders? It's hairspray and shampoo for God's sake! And it wasn't just these 2, there were many different bottles and cans of **** like this that were similarly priced.
Old 4/15/10, 04:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Talk about high maintenance , I've heard before that parts for a rocket coated more so.
Old 4/15/10, 06:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nasty.

Got my spanish test today. Really hope I do better than I did on my last one.
Old 4/15/10, 06:44 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
I don't know, Lee. The practical side of me would never spend that much on shampoo or hairspray. There are much cheaper brands out there that will give the same results. Most men don't notice it as much because they don't have to style their hair every day. There are a lot of hair sprays out there that leave a build up on your hair and you end up with little clumps of white (which is why I'd never use Aqua Net, lol). Some shampoos make your hair feel heavy and then it can be harder to style. Women go to a salon and get their hair done, and it looks so good when they are finished, they think you need the products the stylist used to get the same effect. And it's the stylists job to help the salon make money. The manufacturers of these products don't sell to the stores, so you either have to get them at a beauty supply store (which most people can't get in without a license to do hair), so that leaves the consumer to buy the products at the salon.

All I can say is, if it makes the little lady happy and you can afford it....don't worry too much about it
Old 4/15/10, 06:46 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Nasty.

Good luck!
Old 4/15/10, 06:47 AM
Post *****

I guess I'm lucky. My wife uses Suave.

$70 for shampoo! Holy **** I'd be pissed. That **** better grow hair. I'm not sure Rogaine even costs that much.

What has prices on it now a days anyway? Probably bought at a high end specialty shop. Therefor overpriced. Think about it. Shampoo from a grocery store department store even only has
a UPC label.
Old 4/15/10, 06:50 AM
Post *****

Good Nathan!

Or should I say, "Buena suerte!"

I think that's how you say it. It's been a while.
Old 4/15/10, 08:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Nasty.

All the best of luck
I listen to music say when studying then when I hear the tune or think it it all comes back to me
Old 4/15/10, 09:03 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Maybe Jill can help me out with this, but why do health and beauty products for women cost so much? I was looking for something in the bathroom closet today and saw this funky shaped little aerosol can. It was hairspray. I flipped it over and it had a price sticker on it, $28. Are you ****ting me?!?!?! 28 ****ing dollars for a little can of hairspray? WTF? I looked a little further and found a bottle of shampoo that was $70! Really?!? How can this **** be any better than a $3 can of Aqua Net, and a $5 bottle of Head and Shoulders? It's hairspray and shampoo for God's sake! And it wasn't just these 2, there were many different bottles and cans of **** like this that were similarly priced.
The local TV station here did a piece on this stuff, but they compared the womens products to the mens version of the product. The mens version, same brand, same ingredients, was always much cheaper.
Old 4/15/10, 09:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Actually finished this one. Oh how I would love a B! I get As in everything else, but i suck at the tests.
Old 4/15/10, 02:03 PM
Post *****

Well I went to see the gentleman that bought my old truck and I sat down and handed him an envelope and said there was $900 in it and he refused to take it. I tried for 15 minutes to get him to take it and he wouldn't. He said he appreciated the gesture, but it was bought as is and he still feels he got a deal on it. We talked for a while and I told him I wouldn't think bad either way if he took it, I wouldn't give it a second thought, he flat out refused to take it. So rather than insult him I decided not to pursue it any further.

So while he appreciates my gesture, I appreciate him refusing, because to be honest if I were in his shoes I would have refused the money from him too. So while neither of us is happy that this happened, I think both our reputations are in tact. I hope. I tried every argument I could to get him to take it, but he just wouldn't do it.

I do feel bad that it had to happen to such a good guy. I hope it lasts him for years and years now. Knock on wood.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 4/15/10 at 02:04 PM.
Old 4/15/10, 02:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I had a feeling that would happen Gary. Being the good guy that he was based on your description, I thought he might refuse.
Old 4/15/10, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well I went to see the gentleman that bought my old truck and I sat down and handed him an envelope and said there was $900 in it and he refused to take it. I tried for 15 minutes to get him to take it and he wouldn't. He said he appreciated the gesture, but it was bought as is and he still feels he got a deal on it. We talked for a while and I told him I wouldn't think bad either way if he took it, I wouldn't give it a second thought, he flat out refused to take it. So rather than insult him I decided not to pursue it any further.

So while he appreciates my gesture, I appreciate him refusing, because to be honest if I were in his shoes I would have refused the money from him too. So while neither of us is happy that this happened, I think both our reputations are in tact. I hope. I tried every argument I could to get him to take it, but he just wouldn't do it.

I do feel bad that it had to happen to such a good guy. I hope it lasts him for years and years now. Knock on wood.
Well, both of you leave intact and knowing that the other is a stand up guy. If I were him, I'd appreciate the thought and gesture. However, Caveat emptor ( let the buyer beware) is in our vernacular for a reason and he understands it. He still feels he got a good price for what he bought, and I'm sure even with 30K on the odometer there IS a chance something COULD happen. That's Murphy's law for you! I know you would of liked for him to take the money, but it sounds like your business relationship will not suffer as a result. Happy endings are nice!

Well, on my front all is well, sort of. As you know my heat pump went last week, luckily the weather is nice this time of year, and installation is set for next week. I guess I got a good price with all the incentives, rebates and tax credits for next year and I should see savings on my electric bill as well. Anyone got experience on A/C units? I thought as long as they were there I'd have them do the downstairs system as well (I have a 2 zone setup). I replaced the furnace and aircoil about 3 years ago when I did the addition. The guy tells me I have to replace the coil(again) and it will be almost $4800! my new one for upstairs in comparison is $6600.. I smell profit margin, am I overreacting? is that a decent price or what? I felt like just grease me up dude!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast