Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/10, 04:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Was the one that you got used?? To me it looks like it was painted after it was "new"
I bought it new from american muscle. I'm wondering if it had been returned and fixed though, and sold as new. When I opened the box, it was covered in some kind of scummy coating. I had to wash it off to get rid of it.
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Alright, stereo problem SOLVED! I blew a fuse. But it wasn't the fuse on the fusebox for the radio, it was for the dome light. For some reason the stereo is on that circuit, not where it should be Anyways, pix come later for that, as I still have to take them.

This then led to my test drive with the new stereo. Had my friend with me, who's been with me every step of the way on stereo "improvement." So when we're going he's like "hey, wanna do a little off roading?" so of course I said sure...

This led me to the best tail out powerslides possible on a 1 lane dirt road, and one near spin, I came to a stop sideways on the road. Overall, pretty awesome stuff! And Honky Tonk Badonka Donk was on the radio

Then we tried to find the mudhole in our neighborhood. We did, but it ain't too muddy right now. I'll be back for it And because it was such a picturesque place I took a couple
Awesome Sean!! How's it sound?
Old 1/4/10, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Alright, stereo problem SOLVED! I blew a fuse. But it wasn't the fuse on the fusebox for the radio, it was for the dome light. For some reason the stereo is on that circuit, not where it should be Anyways, pix come later for that, as I still have to take them.

This then led to my test drive with the new stereo. Had my friend with me, who's been with me every step of the way on stereo "improvement." So when we're going he's like "hey, wanna do a little off roading?" so of course I said sure...

This led me to the best tail out powerslides possible on a 1 lane dirt road, and one near spin, I came to a stop sideways on the road. Overall, pretty awesome stuff! And Honky Tonk Badonka Donk was on the radio

Then we tried to find the mudhole in our neighborhood. We did, but it ain't too muddy right now. I'll be back for it And because it was such a picturesque place I took a couple
I love easy repairs
Old 1/4/10, 04:19 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I bought it new from american muscle. I'm wondering if it had been returned and fixed though, and sold as new. When I opened the box, it was covered in some kind of scummy coating. I had to wash it off to get rid of it.

Well that is very possible. I really doubt that they would have a skummy coating on them new. Or at least I dont think they would.
Old 1/4/10, 04:26 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Awesome Sean!! How's it sound?
It's much clearer than the previous set ups, with just about as much bass... The 6x9s aren't boxed yet, so there's still some to gain. Found a perfect EQ setting, volume is great, sound quality is top notch, I love it! Now I just need a sub
Old 1/4/10, 04:35 PM

Well that is very possible. I really doubt that they would have a skummy coating on them new. Or at least I dont think they would.
There was a set of generic directions on their site that said to take off the plastic covering before installing. Mine never had any plastic covering.

It's much clearer than the previous set ups, with just about as much bass... The 6x9s aren't boxed yet, so there's still some to gain. Found a perfect EQ setting, volume is great, sound quality is top notch, I love it! Now I just need a sub
That's good to hear! Definitely get a sub. It'll help so much with depth.
Old 1/4/10, 04:37 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

There was a set of generic directions on their site that said to take off the plastic covering before installing. Mine never had any plastic covering.

If it didnt have the plastic film then it was returned. I would see how hard it is gonna be to have them replace it. i would even show them the pics.
Old 1/4/10, 04:37 PM

Maybe I'll start a thread in their section over on AFM.
Old 1/4/10, 04:41 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hmmmmm sounds like a plan to me
Old 1/4/10, 04:46 PM

Headlights will be here thursday. Bulbs won't be here till monday.
Old 1/4/10, 04:48 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Didnt you order them from the same place?? If so I wonder why they didnt ship them in the same box?
Old 1/4/10, 04:49 PM

I got the lights from AM, but the bulbs from amazon because they were $10 cheaper. Amazon usually ships a lot faster than that.
Old 1/4/10, 04:50 PM

That's what I'm missing is low end. The higher sounds are coming out fine. It's just tough to swallow 100 bucks for a cheaper amp/sub
Old 1/4/10, 04:52 PM

That's what I'm missing is low end. The higher sounds are coming out fine. It's just tough to swallow 100 bucks for a cheaper amp/sub
Just wait until you have some more money. Just whatever you do, don't go cheap, cause you'll only want to upgrade it later.
Old 1/4/10, 04:56 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I got the lights from AM, but the bulbs from amazon because they were $10 cheaper. Amazon usually ships a lot faster than that.

Yeah that does sound weird but, what do I know.

My wife used to work at one of the Amazon wherehouses that is 45 mins from our house. She was one of htem that was pulling the stuff off of the shelf and sending it to shipping. She was the only one on her shift that would meet or exeed the quota for the day.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 1/4/10 at 04:58 PM.
Old 1/4/10, 05:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Update on the truck https://themustangsource.com/showpos...9&postcount=30
Old 1/4/10, 05:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I'm assuming it happened from opening the door too far, but still, that shouldn't happen. The paint job on it wasn't the best to begin with either.

Well that really sucks. I hate when you wait for something and it turns out wrong.

Originally Posted by edumspeed

Ok. I'm lost with the new cars. Mine only changes from some light to complete darkness
LOL, that really made me laugh.

Glad you finally got a stereo and got it working.

It's just tough to swallow
That's what she said.
Old 1/4/10, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by bluenotch
Just wait until you have some more money. Just whatever you do, don't go cheap, cause you'll only want to upgrade it later.
I don't wanna drop too much money into it though... My stereo only has 180 watts right now anyways, don't wanna overpower the highs with the sub.
That's what she said.
I knew I was in for a comment like that
Old 1/4/10, 07:09 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Just think Sean in a couple weeks I will be getting better pics of my truck to show you.

Also if you dont wan tto over power them then why not just have the amp hooked to the sub and not the others?
Old 1/4/10, 07:16 PM

Just think Sean in a couple weeks I will be getting better pics of my truck to show you.

Also if you dont wan tto over power them then why not just have the amp hooked to the sub and not the others?
What I'm afraid of is the sub will be too much bass for my set up if I get too big of an amp. But I've also never had a sub so I don't know how much power is needed for the amount of bass I'd like to feel

I'll be waiting on those pix!
Old 1/4/10, 07:20 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

What I'm afraid of is the sub will be too much bass for my set up if I get too big of an amp. But I've also never had a sub so I don't know how much power is needed for the amount of bass I'd like to feel

I'll be waiting on those pix!

Depends on what size sub you get. Also how many you get. A good 12" sub can work off of a 100 watt amp I believe. Also you can adjust how much power you are supplying to the speakers too.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast