2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/11, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
11ShelbyGT500,

Realize you are just trying stirring up the pot, but a Boss owner should not have to worry about this. Yep, you can run the Boss on 87 octane fuel every day without worry of damage with the Black key. Have a load of 87 on board and "accidently" use TK and the engine knock sensors will reduce timing to protect the engine.

About this time MARK WILSON from Ford Racing should chime in here and confirm that this detonation protection is still part of the TK certified software.....

The silence in these TK threads from those who know (Ford Racing) is deafening!
I find it curious how much time / energy (mostly negative, of course) these guys spend on this boss forum. I'm sure there's a 'deep thoughts' kind of question to be asked / answered there...

Are there a bunch of boss owners stirring pots in gt500 fora?
Old 10/24/11, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fuhrius
I find it curious how much time / energy (mostly negative, of course) these guys spend on this boss forum. I'm sure there's a 'deep thoughts' kind of question to be asked / answered there...

What is your opinion about Ford’s decision to reduce the warranty, this late in the game, to the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty?

Is this not a 'deep thoughts' kind of question that Ford need to address?
Old 10/24/11, 12:34 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We just find some of you Boss boys extremely entertaining, just read your last post. You are a barrel of fun. :?
Old 10/24/11, 12:35 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this is why so many people come to the Boss sub forum. So much drama and crying over nothing. I do like how most of the real track guys have been quite and respectful and those who wanted a garage queen are . The Boss sub forum has turned into the Jerry springer show.
I do have greater respect for a few owners from AZ and other parts that have been adults and not added to the :gay: stuff happening.
Old 10/24/11, 12:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TheBlues9108
What is your opinion about Ford’s decision to reduce the warranty, this late in the game, to the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty?

Is this not a 'deep thoughts' kind of question that Ford need to address?

Why do you keep misrepresenting the facts? Warranty is still 5/60k UNLESS it's deemed that TK has caused the warranty defect then those parts are covered for 3/36k.
Old 10/24/11, 12:37 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
We just find some of you Boss boys extremely entertaining, just read your last post. You are a barrel of fun. :?
Old 10/24/11, 12:38 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Whammer
Why do you keep misrepresenting the facts? Warranty is still 5/60k UNLESS it's deemed that TK has caused the warranty defect then those parts are covered for 3/36k.
Old 10/24/11, 12:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
I'm just curious how one person and their friends have had 16 cars fall under the Lemon Law...

Originally Posted by TheBlues9108

I have also been through the Lemon Law process; it is time consuming but well worth the process. I have won all 16 Lemon Law mediations (5 different car manufactures) for myself and friends!
Holy crap! You and your friends must have the worst luck of any group of people on the planet. I'd stay in a basement during thunderstorms, and would never cross the street if there was a bus within 10 blocks.

Unless there is more to the story than that....
Old 10/24/11, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

I think this is why so many people come to the Boss sub forum. So much drama and crying over nothing. I do like how most of the real track guys have been quite and respectful and those who wanted a garage queen are . The Boss sub forum has turned into the Jerry springer show.
I do have greater respect for a few owners from AZ and other parts that have been adults and not added to the :gay: stuff happening.
I simply do not agree that Boss owners are whiny and negative and want to complain about TracKey. I see it as a dedicated group of people who probably had to save $ to buy a car. Who want the benefit of experiencing performance upgrades that were promised. Who read the manual and website and tried to stay informed. Who want to keep their car for a long time without the aggravation of dealing with warranty issues unnecessarily by losing out on valuable years or miles. This is an intelligent group who asks questions now before problems arise.

If you don't want the benefit of discussion, go read something else. I am here to learn something so I can make a decision and continue to have fun with this already incredibly fun car. I value debate, not criticizing us as a group.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post helpful comments. Please dont give up.
Old 10/24/11, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Letting my guard down for just a little bit on the Track Key warranty issuies. I agree that questions need to be address by FORD. We did lay down a chunk of cash and give it to Ford to purchase a 2012 BOSS 302 with the now very famous TRACK KEY. Each and every owner has shown GOOD FAITH on the purchase only to be short changed on the TK warranty.
Deysha, can Ford now show GOOD FAITH back to its BOSS owners. Were really not a bad bunch of Guys and Gals and just feel short changed. Warranties are very important to me and others. Installing the TK to me is like giving Ford a way out on repairing a costly problem. Lets face it, not everyone of us has that kind of cash. I know my bank would love to see me borrow more money.
I have waited for 25 years to get back into driving a bad *ss car. I was allways a GM fan untill the BOSS 302 hit the press. I watched every move Ford made and got hooked deeper and deeper on this car. This was my dream car...2012 BOSS 302 with the famous TK. It had everything I wanted and then some. Anyone that ask me about the car, I would tell them my true honest feelings.....FORD nailed it right with the BOSS. I myself am just a family man with the kids now gone and not a hard core racer. Just love driving my car and if I feel the need to hit the track. I want what I thought I purchased....TK with no warranty loss. But thats just me. The people that need this warranty is the hard core racers that enjoy tracking there cars whenever they can. Please help keep my thoughts pure on my feelings about the 2012 BOSS 302 w/TK. This has become a big mess and needs FORDS attention to keep loyal owners.
Old 10/24/11, 01:22 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
This is a double edged sword right here. Track key is for track use only. But if you blow something out while racing your car, does Ford warranty the repairs? If they can prove that it was being raced, they can deny repairs due to abuse. Or do you guys have writing in your warranty saying that you can race your vehicles? I doubt if Ford will allow you to race a vehicle and still warranty it, but maybe they do. Anybody got clarification on this?
Old 10/24/11, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
This is a double edged sword right here. Track key is for track use only. But if you blow something out while racing your car, does Ford warranty the repairs? If they can prove that it was being raced, they can deny repairs due to abuse. Or do you guys have writing in your warranty saying that you can race your vehicles? I doubt if Ford will allow you to race a vehicle and still warranty it, but maybe they do. Anybody got clarification on this?
Double edge sword, sounds like a grenade to me.
Old 10/24/11, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

• Tested at Laguna Seca to see if it could take the M3?
  • Race car with a license plate?
  • Track Key - self explanatory
I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if the reduced warranty wasn't an afterthought - especially noting some of the early issues with the car.
Old 10/24/11, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOSS_man

[*]Tested at Laguna Seca to see if it could take the M3?[*]Race car with a license plate?[*]Track Key - self explanatory

I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if the reduced warranty wasn't an afterthought - especially noting some of the early issues with the car.
[*]95% of you boss owners will use the trackey on the street.
Old 10/24/11, 01:39 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS_man

[*]Tested at Laguna Seca to see if it could take the M3?[*]Race car with a license plate?[*]Track Key - self explanatory

Even if it is within 3yr/36, will ford warranty a car that was being raced? That's the real question. I know first hand that warranties were voided from GM due to racing (abuse).
Old 10/24/11, 01:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that if you come on here posting pics and tales of your weekend at the track, or vids of it on youtube, then 6 months later the engine or the tranny, or the Torsen ****s the bed, you're most likely SOL when you take it to the dealer and they try to get approval from Ford to fix it.

Just a theory though.
Old 10/24/11, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I'd be willing to bet that if you come on here posting pics and tales of your weekend at the track, or vids of it on youtube, then 6 months later the engine or the tranny, or the Torsen ****s the bed, you're most likely SOL when you take it to the dealer and they try to get approval from Ford to fix it.

Just a theory though.
But but but it's a race car, they said so when I bought it.
Old 10/24/11, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
But but but it's a race car, they said so when I bought it.
"A race car with a license plate."

Old 10/24/11, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Just a theory though.
This is a concern.
I think there is a BIG difference between expectations of those who ocassionally want to Track and those that Race. If you are used to voiding your warranty because you are competitive and Race this may all be easily acceptible. If you want to enjoy several Track days a year, less risky, and want performance you may be very concerned about a warranty.

As race cars are concerned this may be a relatively cheap car. But for most people I imagine, this is a moderately priced street car that needs to be on a track to enjoy its capabilities. So many Boss owners want to know about warranties ;-)
Old 10/24/11, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al,
Check it out and decide for yourself. Attached is the 2012 Mustang Warranty and also the Boss supplement owners manual that includes a warranty section. Pay attention to page 12 and 15 of the warranty doc and page 38 of the Boss supplement. The problem has been that Ford did advertise in a few Ford published docs, not all, that TracKey did not compromise the warranty. That is the problem I think. That statement is in conflict with what is in the warranty doc. They did always say this would be an aftermarket product and the Ford warranty policy for aftermarket and racing is nothing new. Actually compared to other FRPP warranties for their Mustang power packs and super power packs this 36/36k warranty is best in class. Go ahead, have at it.

BTW, my TracKey is ordered and installation scheduled
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012 Mustang Warranty.pdf (191.9 KB, 149 views)

Quick Reply: TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers