Old 10/25/11, 01:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Holy crap fuhrius you are on a roll!
Old 10/25/11, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuhrius

and how about putting yourselves in the shoes of some of those product guys at Ford who, by all accounts, stuck their necks out for this project...probably worked countless hours of overtime and sweated details around product quality and consumer safety that kept them up nights...and now all that these 'enthusiasts' they thought they were working so hard for just sit there and complain about non-perfect execution. I wonder if they'll stick their neck out again?
Given how poorly this has been marketed, its obvious that there is real engineering dedication behind this and its not just a marketing job. In a small way I think its a good sign this has been handled so poorly. Would people prefer to have a slick marketed accessory that doesn't do much? I hate to say it, but I think for some people on here that is the case. Anyway, lets see what this thing does before judging to harshly.
Old 10/25/11, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the nick-pickers...where are the accolades for Ford for saving you money on trackey? you knew it would cost you $302. but because they delayed it 1/2 year, they saved you about $3.02...6 months of interest at 2% ;-)

and how about putting yourselves in the shoes of some of those product guys at Ford who, by all accounts, stuck their necks out for this project...probably worked countless hours of overtime and sweated details around product quality and consumer safety that kept them up nights...and now all that these 'enthusiasts' they thought they were working so hard for just sit there and complain about non-perfect execution. I wonder if they'll stick their neck out again?

it's everyone's right to complain...and that keep producers honest...I just think that a lot of us have lost perspective on this issue.
No one disputing Ford's hard work and desire to be innovative. Go Ford!!

What most people, including myself are annoyed at, is the false advertising/bait and switch. They marketed a product and sold a vehicle with certain promises. Which most people ordered before being able to see one, sit in, or test drive. So, most of us bought this car because of Ford's good name, reputation and with the belief that they would deliver as promised. Now 11 months after I ordered my car and 4 months after I've paid for the car, they are changing the game. This is what has gotten most people upset. I would say it's less than 10% of the people with a Boss will be dedicated track rats that could care less about the warranty of their vehicle.
Old 10/25/11, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro

Given how poorly this has been marketed, its obvious that there is real engineering dedication behind this and its not just a marketing job. In a small way I think its a good sign this has been handled so poorly. Would people prefer to have a slick marketed accessory that doesn't do much? I hate to say it, but I think for some people on here that is the case. Anyway, lets see what this thing does before judging to harshly.
I've seen what it does, as a few others have and i feel it is worth the money, but not worth 2 years of warranty. I'll probably only see the track 2-3 times a year and will never push my car too hard. To add the track key and chance voiding my warranty for that. No, thanks!
Old 10/25/11, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

for the nick-pickers...where are the accolades for Ford for saving you money on trackey? you knew it would cost you $302. but because they delayed it 1/2 year, they saved you about $3.02...6 months of interest at 2% ;-)

it's everyone's right to complain...and that keep producers honest...I just think that a lot of us have lost perspective on this issue.
Don't get me wrong. I'm very appreciative of every engineer that worked on the Boss project. But having no expereance with Ford and how they handle warranty claims on modded cars, I get nervous when they say any problems caused by Trackey will not be covered by the factory warranty. It may be a non issue like you and others have stated. Lets hope so. For me at this point Trackey is just a novelty idem that I was going to get, but now I'm going to wait and see.
Old 10/25/11, 05:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TheBlues9108
Whammer,

Please, explain how I have been misrepresenting the facts. Does the installation of TracKey change the warranty from 5 years/60,000 miles to 3 year/36,000 miles if the failure was a result of TracKey?

I am almost certain any defect on a Boss that has installed TracKey will not be covered beyond the 3 year/36,000 miles TracKey warranty.

I can see it now; your rear view mirror fell off and you take your Boss in for a warranty repair with 37,000 miles.
Well now you've finally posted up the facts. Prior you kept leaving out "if trackey caused the failure". So all your prior posts made it seem like installing trackey decreased your warranty to 3/36.

I disagree with your statement that any defect, after trackey is installed, will not be covered after 3/36. I don't think I'll have any problem with warranty coverage- provided I haven't beaten on the car.
Old 10/25/11, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

** I can see it now; your rear view mirror fell off and you take your Boss in for a warranty repair with 37,000 miles.**

Maybe I'm wrong here, but the bumper/bumper is 3/36. So if your mirror fell off at 37k miles, you'd be SOL either way. I will say that this does not bother me. If your motor fails, with or without TracKey, and you have raced the car (even though that is the car's intent) you would be buying yourself a new motor. Ford will void warranties and refuse work due to "abuse." What the "abuse" consists of depends on the dealer and your relationship with them, but rubber in the tire wells and uneven tread wear on the tires have been known to cause warranty refusal.

I will also add, if you go in to get your window motor repaired before 3/36, and you have engine mods, they'll fix your window and ignore the mods. Go in with the same mods for motor work, at any point, should probably just forget it.
Old 10/25/11, 06:43 PM

Whammer,

Please, explain how I have been misrepresenting the facts. Does the installation of TracKey change the warranty from 5 years/60,000 miles to 3 year/36,000 miles if the failure was a result of TracKey?

I am almost certain any defect on a Boss that has installed TracKey will not be covered beyond the 3 year/36,000 miles TracKey warranty.

I can see it now; your rear view mirror fell off and you take your Boss in for a warranty repair with 37,000 miles.

Originally Posted by Whammer

Well now you've finally posted up the facts. Prior you kept leaving out "if trackey caused the failure". So all your prior posts made it seem like installing trackey decreased your warranty to 3/36.

I disagree with your statement that any defect, after trackey is installed, will not be covered after 3/36. I don't think I'll have any problem with warranty coverage- provided I haven't beaten on the car.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been posting the facts. I see TracKey giving FMC great latitude to decline any major repairs i.e. the T-86 transmissions.

Regardless how good your relationship is with your dealership – the bottom line is FMC makes the final decision to reimburse your dealership for any warranty repairs.
Old 10/25/11, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'm just curious how one person and their friends have had 16 cars fall under the Lemon Law...

Holy crap! You and your friends must have the worst luck of any group of people on the planet. I'd stay in a basement during thunderstorms, and would never cross the street if there was a bus within 10 blocks.

Unless there is more to the story than that....
Quote:
Why do you keep misrepresenting the facts? Warranty is still 5/60k UNLESS it's deemed that TK has caused the warranty defect then those parts are covered for 3/36k.

I'm just curious how one person and their friends have had 16 cars fall under the Lemon Law...

Quote:

I have also been through the Lemon Law process; it is time consuming but well worth the process. I have won all 16 Lemon Law mediations (5 different car manufactures) for myself and friends!

Holy crap! You and your friends must have the worst luck of any group of people on the planet. I'd stay in a basement during thunderstorms, and would never cross the street if there was a bus within 10 blocks.

Unless there is more to the story than that....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have many friends thought out the state that I have meet at car clubs, car shows and charitably benefits.

As the late Paul Harvey would say: "And now you know… the rest of the story." “Good day”

If you did not have your head stuck so far up your **** you would be able to see things from someone else’s point of view.
Old 10/25/11, 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Regardless how good your relationship is with your dealership – the bottom line is FMC makes the final decision to reimburse your dealership for any warranty repairs.
That is correct. But that doesn't mean the dealership still isn't going to do the work. If you have a good relationship they'll do the work and worry about Ford reimbursing them later.

I think you're investing far too much worry in "what if's" that might never come to pass. Life is too short for that.
Old 10/25/11, 08:06 PM
GT Member

I have mine on order and am looking forward to it.
Old 10/25/11, 08:24 PM

That is correct. But that doesn't mean the dealership still isn't going to do the work. If you have a good relationship they'll do the work and worry about Ford reimbursing them later.

I think you're investing far too much worry in "what if's" that might never come to pass. Life is too short for that.

What happens if the FMC does not reimburse your dealership? I do not about Canadian dealerships but in the US dealership will not stay in business if they are not reimbursed for warranty repairs.

I believe there is so much venting on forums about TracKey is because it caught everyone by surprised about the change in the warranty just days before it was released.

No one can deny FMC has not been forth coming about the TracKey program.
We need to stop bickering among ourselves. We need to start writing letters to FMC expressing our concerns about how their adverting campaigns mislead about their TracKey program.

You are right life is too short to worry about “what ifs”. I hope you are able to enjoy your Boss LS with or without TracKey before it gets too cold in Canada!
Old 10/25/11, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

You are right life is too short to worry about “what ifs”. I hope you are able to enjoy your Boss LS with or without TracKey before it gets too cold in Canada!

Too late for that! Weather sucks right now, it's just good enough to get it to the dealer next week and then tuck it away till Spring.

I have no problem with people wanting to complain to FMC and perhaps try to press them to extend the warranty to 5/60- that's constructive. If it doesn't work out then just enjoy this great car.
Old 10/25/11, 09:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
^excellent post fuhrius
terrific post by fuhrius.
Old 10/25/11, 11:29 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
fuhrius>TheBlues9108
Old 10/25/11, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by four-walling
terrific post by fuhrius.
I third that!

After talking to my TRUSTED FRIEND........I am putting in the order tomorrow! I have been right about everything I have ever posted about the trackey...

Here is the deal with everything:

The trackey is warranted for 3/36k miles from Ford Racing. That means if trackey is found to be the culprit of any warranty claims it will be covered during that duration. You still keep your 5/60 powertrain and 3/36 bumper to bumper. You even keep any ESP that you may have purchased like myself....

If trackey is found to be the culprit of whatever the issue may be after the 3/36 it is not warrantied. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no reason to believe that trackey will cause any issues. For example if you blow a head gasket.....it is the head gasket not trackey. If you snap a rod........it is the rod and not trackey. If you burn a whole in the piston......it is the piston and not trackey. Enter whatever scenario you want........it is the scenario and not trackey! Granted yes the car can't be abused while the break happened or in a VERY close timeline. For instance you shift from 6th to 2nd while trying to go into 4th and rev the **** out of it.... You are not going to be covered. The computer will be read and it will show exactly what has been done to the motor by the user. This does not mean if you take your car to a track event and track the car it is void. It does mean if you screw up while on the track and rev the **** out of it, or slam gears often, or just plain old suck at driving and screw it up you shouldn't be surprised if you aren't covered, but don't be surprised if you are....

Some of you have blown this thing way out of the water. It is actually quite sad for all the reasons that fuhrius stated... Ford is not out to get you and deny any little warranty item that comes in or a big one for that matter. No one is selling a ticking time bomb that is going to blow your motor to pieces. Come on people.... Ford isn't selling many Boss' at all in the grand scheme of things. They are selling a hell of a lot of trucks, and suvs, and crossovers, and sedans... They are not going to tarnish their name over this car. They are going to build their name with it.... It was built for one thing and we know what that was.... This is a car that will make people become brand loyal, or open their eyes to the brand. I for one am looking at a powerstroke now, or maybe a Raptor... I would be a real life driving commercial! And have two cars faster than cloud9 in the same segments...even if I couldn't drive them faster than he could his....

Did anyone ever stop to think the trackey isn't about power and squeezing every ounce of hp and tq out of it? Did you ever consider that maybe the calibration is for a road course application? You don't tune a street car the same way you would tune a drag car, or a road course car, or a rock crawler, or a short course truck, or rally car, or whatever else. They all have very different applications and uses. And when I say tune don't be mistaken. I am not talking about just power. I am talking about driveability, rpm range used, where the power is needed and how much, engine braking, throttle response, etc. I am talking about changing other calibrations in the other systems like traction control, stability control, the abs, the steering, etc. And how about how things are reported back to the ecu so we don't get p0300 codes, limp mode, whatever? I am talking about what.....200 changes! Not 2....

I am going to enjoy the hell out of my trackey.......on the track! The rest of you who will never use it for it's intended purposes go ahead and continue to ***** about how you were jerked around....promised this that or the other...it's so unfair....etc, etc. You don't think Ford wanted to get this out as soon as possible?? They wanted to wait to SEMA to make the announcement?? It isn't even the place they make their big announcements at!!!!!!! Maybe it just got held up at CARB and things had to be worked out and it took a little bit...

This car is awesome. It is the BEST Mustang Ford has ever made hands down (I just hope that doesn't change or I will have to buy another car....). Why don't we thank the people that made all this possible to include trackey instead of complain? Do I wish I had it sooner.....of course. Do I understand things happen....of course. Am I still going to buy trackey and whoop the hell out of some very impressive, more expensive, cars and racecars..........HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10/26/11, 05:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
........well except for the part about being faster. I'll put my Taurus powered Ecoboost up against your Raptor any day
Old 10/26/11, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/26/11, 09:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,
Why did FMC never say anything in their TracKey advertisements about reducing the warranty from 5 year 60,000 mile to 3 year 36,000 mile warranty with TracKey?
When did FMC make the decisions to reduce the warranty to the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty?
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Track key is for track use only. But if you blow something out while racing your car, does Ford warranty the repairs? If they can prove that it was being raced, they can deny repairs due to abuse. Or do you guys have writing in your warranty saying that you can race your vehicles? I doubt if Ford will allow you to race a vehicle and still warranty it, but maybe they do. Anybody got clarification on this?
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
The installation of the program won't void your warranty but does shave 2 years off of it. But I doubt if it states that they will warranty any race related failures. I would want clarification from Ford in writing that states that the car can be raced and still be warrantied.
Originally Posted by MoscowBoss
Correct it does not void the new vehicle warranty but the 36/36k applies only if the TracKey was the cause of a powertrain item. As for racing, the Boss supplement says this in the warranty section
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
...According to the Part manager at the dealer, who called Ford on this today, you will lose any ESP Warranty you purchased when you initiate a start with the TracKey. Mine is for 7yr / 100k miles. So it's either stay as i am or get tracker and get pro-rated for my ESP.........
Originally Posted by chief_charlie
So if you install Trackey on a car that already has 35,000 miles and it's been in service from the original date of sale for 35 months, you get 1 month or 1,000 miles warranty from Ford?
Hey guys,

I am looking into some Q & As to help with your warranty questions. Please stay tuned for more info.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 10/27/11 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10/26/11, 10:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm still buying it. Already sent an email to my dealer to get everything set up.

Giddy up!

Quick Reply: TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers