Old 10/26/11, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Much ado about a key.
Old 10/26/11, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
I'm still buying it. Already sent an email to my dealer to get everything set up.

Giddy up!
+1 , Me Too
Old 10/26/11, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adam81
I third that!

After talking to my TRUSTED FRIEND........I am putting in the order tomorrow! I have been right about everything I have ever posted about the trackey...

Here is the deal with everything:

The trackey is warranted for 3/36k miles from Ford Racing. That means if trackey is found to be the culprit of any warranty claims it will be covered during that duration. You still keep your 5/60 powertrain and 3/36 bumper to bumper. You even keep any ESP that you may have purchased like myself....

If trackey is found to be the culprit of whatever the issue may be after the 3/36 it is not warrantied. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no reason to believe that trackey will cause any issues. For example if you blow a head gasket.....it is the head gasket not trackey. If you snap a rod........it is the rod and not trackey. If you burn a whole in the piston......it is the piston and not trackey. Enter whatever scenario you want........it is the scenario and not trackey! Granted yes the car can't be abused while the break happened or in a VERY close timeline. For instance you shift from 6th to 2nd while trying to go into 4th and rev the **** out of it.... You are not going to be covered. The computer will be read and it will show exactly what has been done to the motor by the user. This does not mean if you take your car to a track event and track the car it is void. It does mean if you screw up while on the track and rev the **** out of it, or slam gears often, or just plain old suck at driving and screw it up you shouldn't be surprised if you aren't covered, but don't be surprised if you are....

Some of you have blown this thing way out of the water. It is actually quite sad for all the reasons that fuhrius stated... Ford is not out to get you and deny any little warranty item that comes in or a big one for that matter. No one is selling a ticking time bomb that is going to blow your motor to pieces. Come on people.... Ford isn't selling many Boss' at all in the grand scheme of things. They are selling a hell of a lot of trucks, and suvs, and crossovers, and sedans... They are not going to tarnish their name over this car. They are going to build their name with it.... It was built for one thing and we know what that was.... This is a car that will make people become brand loyal, or open their eyes to the brand. I for one am looking at a powerstroke now, or maybe a Raptor... I would be a real life driving commercial! And have two cars faster than cloud9 in the same segments...even if I couldn't drive them faster than he could his....

Did anyone ever stop to think the trackey isn't about power and squeezing every ounce of hp and tq out of it? Did you ever consider that maybe the calibration is for a road course application? You don't tune a street car the same way you would tune a drag car, or a road course car, or a rock crawler, or a short course truck, or rally car, or whatever else. They all have very different applications and uses. And when I say tune don't be mistaken. I am not talking about just power. I am talking about driveability, rpm range used, where the power is needed and how much, engine braking, throttle response, etc. I am talking about changing other calibrations in the other systems like traction control, stability control, the abs, the steering, etc. And how about how things are reported back to the ecu so we don't get p0300 codes, limp mode, whatever? I am talking about what.....200 changes! Not 2....

I am going to enjoy the hell out of my trackey.......on the track! The rest of you who will never use it for it's intended purposes go ahead and continue to ***** about how you were jerked around....promised this that or the other...it's so unfair....etc, etc. You don't think Ford wanted to get this out as soon as possible?? They wanted to wait to SEMA to make the announcement?? It isn't even the place they make their big announcements at!!!!!!! Maybe it just got held up at CARB and things had to be worked out and it took a little bit...

This car is awesome. It is the BEST Mustang Ford has ever made hands down (I just hope that doesn't change or I will have to buy another car....). Why don't we thank the people that made all this possible to include trackey instead of complain? Do I wish I had it sooner.....of course. Do I understand things happen....of course. Am I still going to buy trackey and whoop the hell out of some very impressive, more expensive, cars and racecars..........HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post!

It's embarrassing to read some of these posts. With or without Trackey, this car is unbelievable and more than I could have imagined.
Also if I remember correctly, no one is forcing anyone to purchase it. If you don't like the terms, don't buy it!

There is always a few that try scream "the sky is falling" and try to bring in as many people as they can into the hysteria.
Old 10/26/11, 12:15 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10/26/11, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI

Great post!

It's embarrassing to read some of these posts. With or without Trackey, this car is unbelievable and more than I could have imagined.
Also if I remember correctly, no one is forcing anyone to purchase it. If you don't like the terms, don't buy it!

There is always a few that try scream "the sky is falling" and try to bring in as many people as they can into the hysteria.

I currently own a 91 GT convertible, 08 Shelby convertible; I agree with you, 100%, my 2012 Boss is the finest vehicle I have owned – bar NONE! I have owned many Mustangs; including several 65/66 GTs one was a 66 K code convertible and a 68 GT-500 KR.

When I ordered my Boss I never intended it to be tracked or become a daily driver. However, I cannot stay out of the car it has become my daily driver. I will move other cars out of the garage to drive it to work.

Dean, you are correct no one is forcing me to purchase TracKey. However, no one expected FMC to change the terms of the warranty after we purchased our Boss – that is what I do not like about the "new TracKey terms".

FMC first press release about TracKey was on 11 Nov 2010. In that press release it stated without compromising factory warranty” I feel by installing TracKey I will be compromising my factory warranty.
I am not trying scream "the sky is falling" in an effort for anyone to join any cause. I am a lone wolf; I do not travel with a pack nor do I want a pack to join me.

You should not be embarrassed reading some of the post on this forum. Everyone is accountable for their actions and postings. We have many choices in life – sometime we make good choices unfortunately sometime we do not.

We have several choices with TracKey:

1. Do nothing and continue to rant, rave and bicker among us in on line forums.

2. Write or call and express your likes or dislikes about your Boss:
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
Attention: Customer Relationship Supervisor
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126-6248
1 800- 392-3673

3. File a complaint with your state attorney general or state consumer protection agency at: http://www.1-auto-car-loans.com/attorney-generals.htm

4. Give FMC a little time to rethink the woes of the Trackey program; in the mean time enjoy driving the best production vehicle FMC has built with or without TracKey.

My choice, for now, is to give FMC a little time to resolve the TracKey fiasco and enjoy driving the best production vehicle FMC has built without TracKey!
Old 10/26/11, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flagstang

I hope your Boss does not get damaged from the debris falling from the sky.
Old 10/26/11, 03:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlues9108

I hope your Boss does not get damaged from the debris falling from the sky.
Dont say that. Couple of guys on the forum had hail damage to their Bosses shortly after delivery. YIKES!!
Old 10/26/11, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey guys,

I am looking into some Q & As for you to help with your warranty questions. Please stay tuned for more info.

Deysha

Thanks - Deysha!
Old 10/26/11, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Dont say that. Couple of guys on the forum had hail damage to their Bosses shortly after delivery. YIKES!!

That bites – and Flagtstang has to worry about dust storms in addition to falling debris from that sky!
Old 10/26/11, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Dean, you are correct no one is forcing me to purchase TracKey. However, no one expected FMC to change the terms of the warranty after we purchased our Boss – that is what I do not like about the "new TracKey terms".
They have not changed the terms.... However that is my interpretation (which is fact by the way...) and interpretations is the only reason you can go get a law degree....

FMC first press release about TracKey was on 11 Nov 2010. In that press release it stated without compromising factory warranty” I feel by installing TracKey I will be compromising my factory warranty.
You do not compromise the factory warranty. You maintain everything to include your ESP if you purchased one... The problem occurs AFTER the trackey 3/36 warranty expires and the damage is directly related to the trackey, and that burden of proof falls on Ford that the trackey is responsible for the damage.... To me that will be a very hard to prove. Not to mention imagine the public backlash when Ford starts to say "Hey all these blown motors are because of the tune we sold to the customer.... Sorry you are not covered"....

You should not be embarrassed reading some of the post on this forum. Everyone is accountable for their actions and postings. We have many choices in life – sometime we make good choices unfortunately sometime we do not.
Dean, myself, you, all of us have a very real reason to be embarrassed. We are active participants in a group or body or association however you want to word it that as a whole or majority is acting wrongly. By my participation in this forum, in this thread, heck just the fact that I own a Boss (not to mention the fastest one made....silver) links me to this. I am embarrassed that others who are like me (Boss owners) have chosen to go this route.

We have several choices with TracKey:
Erroneous on all accounts!!!! We only have one choice. Get the key and go track the car....
Old 10/27/11, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
This info is correct, guys. I'll explain below... Also, I agree with Whammer. It's always good to have a nice relationship with your dealership in general, not just for warranty claims.

Hello my awesome members!!

So, great news about the TracKey coming out!! Now, to clarify on the warranty questions… This will be like any other FRPP aftermarket part that you add to your vehicle with one exeption; the repairs will be covered longer than 12/12. The 5 yr/60K mile Powertrain warranty will stay in effect. If the the TracKey programming causes any concern, that specific repair will be covered for 3yrs or 36,000 miles. This is great coverage for an aftermarket part on your vehicle. If you have any ESP, the same rules will apply.

Let me also mention the fuel changes: You’ll be using 91 octane fuel or higher to avoid any engine damage. Please note: damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

Please continue to enjoy your Bosses!!! If you guys ever need anything, just PM me. Have an awesome day!!

Deysha
Originally Posted by Whammer
Well now you've finally posted up the facts. Prior you kept leaving out "if trackey caused the failure". So all your prior posts made it seem like installing trackey decreased your warranty to 3/36.

I disagree with your statement that any defect, after trackey is installed, will not be covered after 3/36. I don't think I'll have any problem with warranty coverage- provided I haven't beaten on the car.
Originally Posted by adam81
They have not changed the terms.... However that is my interpretation (which is fact by the way...) and interpretations is the only reason you can go get a law degree....

You do not compromise the factory warranty. You maintain everything to include your ESP if you purchased one... The problem occurs AFTER the trackey 3/36 warranty expires and the damage is directly related to the trackey, and that burden of proof falls on Ford that the trackey is responsible for the damage.... To me that will be a very hard to prove. Not to mention imagine the public backlash when Ford starts to say "Hey all these blown motors are because of the tune we sold to the customer.... Sorry you are not covered"....

Dean, myself, you, all of us have a very real reason to be embarrassed. We are active participants in a group or body or association however you want to word it that as a whole or majority is acting wrongly. By my participation in this forum, in this thread, heck just the fact that I own a Boss (not to mention the fastest one made....silver) links me to this. I am embarrassed that others who are like me (Boss owners) have chosen to go this route.

Erroneous on all accounts!!!! We only have one choice. Get the key and go track the car....

Adam, why would any one need two law degrees?
Old 10/27/11, 07:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks - Deysha!
You're welcome, TheBlues9108.

Deysha
Old 10/27/11, 07:18 AM

Adam, why would any one need two law degrees?
To defend one from oneself?
Old 10/27/11, 11:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That bites – and Flagtstang has to worry about dust storms in addition to falling debris from that sky!
Phoenix is also the stolen car capital of the world
Old 10/27/11, 12:26 PM

Man, you do have your share of problems. I would think about moving to another state.
Old 10/27/11, 12:26 PM

Congratulations on being #1 worldwide
Old 10/27/11, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Is there a listing of dealerships that can sell Trackey?

My dealership said they can't order it because it's a motorsport part and it can only be ordered through a motorsport dealership and they referred me to one two hours away. I hope I don't have to drive two hours from metro Philadelphia for this part.
Old 10/27/11, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

And Ford's "locate a dealer" function doesn't work on their FRPP site:

http://www.trackey.ford.com/wheretob...9806&radius=20

God, why has my entire Ford ownership experience felt like I'm begging to throw money at someone?

Last edited by MrBonus; 10/27/11 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10/27/11, 02:51 PM

If you don't like the terms, don't buy it!

TracKey, available for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners through Ford dealers, adds TracMode powertrain control software to the car for track use, providing full race calibration and two-stage launch control in addition to stock calibration, without compromising factory warranty

I liked those terms.

John

Last edited by Bigjohn; 10/27/11 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10/27/11, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Does anyone remember in 1969-1970 ford put a rev limiter on the Boss engines to help them live? And protect us against ourselves? Guess what? A lot of customers bypassed or disconnected the limiter, and Yep, they blew their engines. Now I have no way of knowing how Ford handled the warranty claims when that happened. I would find it hard to offer a warranty for being stupid.

The Ford engineers have worked on this for a long time. Over a year In fact. The Trackey is fully developed and will work great on your stock car.

Wow for 300-400 bucks you are tapping into tens of thousands of dollars Ford spent developing the Ultimate "tune" for your car on the track. ABS calibrations, throttle response calibrations, steering feel, traction control, stability control etc etc etc. All developed from the Boss 302R cars and early test mules with some great drivers. All tailored so you can safely enjoy the car as it was meant to be, on the track.

Ford would not put anything out there that would roast your car, in fact just the opposite. Like the rev limiter, they just want the Boss owner to have a great time with their car without having to risk the car's well being.

I have come to realize that the trackey is specifically for a Stock car. The reason is this adding things like after market parts introduce unknown parameters and results that the Ford engineers could not anticipate. Given the abundance of aftermarket parts and the thousands of combinations owners could have on their cars there is no way one program could cover it all. Therefore the stern warning, in the form of warranty reduction/invalidation, from Ford not to use aftermarket parts in combo with the trackey. Doing so would be the equivalent of removing the rev limiter in 1970.

All the information that Ford has ever published about trackey has stated that it is an aftermarket performance option. As for warranty, what racer would not love to have a 5yr 50k mile warranty? Ford does not build race cars with a warranty. Do you see any warranty info on the FR500 mustangs? Here is the info on aftermarket parts warranties :http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news47.asp

I hope we can all support Ford's efforts and understand them for what they are. In this day and age of FMVSS nanny systems protecting stupid people from themselves, Ford has given us true drivers some options that most other car companies don't.

I support Ford and hope that they can introduce a calibration key that fixes the nannies, and also allows shops like Steeda and Roush to access the program to adjust for aftermarket parts and create engine tunes to match. And no I would not expect Ford to Warrant parts from another manufacturer or engine tuner.

Last edited by davegush; 10/27/11 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers