2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/11, 07:41 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlues9108

Maybe all Boss owners should park our cars in front of FMC and have a Boss-in
to protest this latest fiasco with TracKey!!!!!!!

The OCCUPYFMC movement has started!

Our demands:
1) Immediate free TracKey programming
2) Free 93 octane or higher gas for life
3) Unlimited free days at TrackAttack and MMP or the local track of Boss owner's choice
4) Free MT82 replacements when necessary as determined by owner
5) Prevent 11SHELBYGT500, Alscobra, Overboost, and RatherBeBlown from posting on our TracKey threads
6) In the event of a scratch, free key replacements for 11SHELBYGT500 as a concession for invoking point 5 above
7) Pay all Boss owners a living wage so they dont have to work and can take full advantage of point 3 above
8) End freedom of the press such that if a non-Boss Mustang evers beats us on the track it will not be reported

( Trying to keep some humor in this gals and guys)
Old 10/24/11, 07:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by marcs93
If I read it correct it only over-rides the 5/60 if it is the "Ford Racing part"that fails.Any other problem not related to Track-Key would keep the 5/60.
Originally Posted by Jza1736
"This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. "
Originally Posted by Whammer
As in many warranty claims it helps to have a good relationship with the dealer
This info is correct, guys. I'll explain below... Also, I agree with Whammer. It's always good to have a nice relationship with your dealership in general, not just for warranty claims.

Originally Posted by 06GT
Do note the Powertrain Warranty coverage drop from 5/60 to 3/36 w/ TracKey install...
Originally Posted by Boss2X
Looks like Deysha has some more investigation to do for us now.
Originally Posted by Jza1736
I'm not sure about this 1. For something I will use 3/4 times a year. All the dedicated track rats will love it. But I think a no-go for me
Originally Posted by Shelby08
...now they're limiting the one you have for getting a product designed for your vehicle in particular......oh well.....
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I was very curious to see what Ford would do about warranty.
Originally Posted by kyfigfam
...Hmmmm, what if one buys the Ford ESP Premium Care 100k warranty?
Originally Posted by Shelby08
Aren't all warranties voided anyway if something goes wrong from running it on the track????
Very sharp eye! Our current drivetrain warranty is 5 years 60,000 miles.
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Does the ECM record what octane is used? I would doubt it, but if so any speculation on how running race gas might affect the warranty?
Thanks!
I feel we are getting a ... if TracKey decreases our manufactures driveline warranty from the 5 year/60,000 miles to 3 years 36,000 miles.
Originally Posted by boss man
Having the warranty pulled out of under you after promoting the car without compromising factory warranty is just the over the top and cannot be legal.
Hello my awesome members!!

So, great news about the TracKey coming out!! Now, to clarify on the warranty questions… This will be like any other FRPP aftermarket part that you add to your vehicle with one exeption; the repairs will be covered longer than 12/12. The 5 yr/60K mile Powertrain warranty will stay in effect. If the the TracKey programming causes any concern, that specific repair will be covered for 3yrs or 36,000 miles. This is great coverage for an aftermarket part on your vehicle. If you have any ESP, the same rules will apply.

Let me also mention the fuel changes: You’ll be using 91 octane fuel or higher to avoid any engine damage. Please note: damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

Please continue to enjoy your Bosses!!! If you guys ever need anything, just PM me. Have an awesome day!!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 10/24/11 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10/24/11, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
I feel that we been getting screwed from the first day you took ownership of the car by not being able to purchase the TRACK KEY. Having the warranty pulled out of under you after promoting the car without compromising factory warranty is just the over the top and cannot be legal. As stated above....Some of us have waited 8 months ONLY to get taken avantage of!! Good job to all: on the post concerning the BAIT & SWITCH Warranty.

You are 100% correct about everything you said! Email me and we will discuss the TracKey issues off line.

It is time for all Boss owners tell FMC we are getting a royal screwing if TracKey decreases our manufactures driveline warranty from the 5 year/60,000 miles to 3 years 36,000 miles.

Class Action Law Suit?

Last edited by TheBlues9108; 10/24/11 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10/24/11, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

The way I see it is, Ford Motor Co. has never supported Trackey. Trackey was an idea that the Boss engineers came up with and tried to sell it to Ford. Ford said no way. The engineers took the Idea to Ford Racing, they said we like it. The engineers worked on it on there own time because they liked it so much. My guess is the $302 goes to Ford Racing to cover warranty clams.

It's a shame that after all the engineers hard work and promotions that FMC is treating TracKey like any other aftermarket tune and voiding the factory warranty.
Old 10/24/11, 08:20 AM

Deysha,

I am unable to reply to your post is it locked so not to accept replies?

If TracKey has been installed on my Boss and the troublesome T-86 transmission fails at 41,000 miles will my transmission be covered 100% by FMC warranty?

Inquiring Boss minds want to know!

Thanks,
Warren

Last edited by TheBlues9108; 10/24/11 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10/24/11, 08:25 AM

Inquiring Boss minds want to know!

Last edited by TheBlues9108; 10/24/11 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10/24/11, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at it this way regarding all this consternation over the TK warranty. The TK tune was developed by Ford Racing with hundreds of hours of engineering. It will be very safe for your engine. It has most of the drivability removed and is intended for track use. You won't want to regularly drive it on the street because it will be tiresome after a while, and kill your mileage while providing little benefit for street use. Therefore:

TK use and a non-covered mechanical issue = minor risk
Tracking your car = moderate risk
Racing your car = high risk

Being worried about the warranty and having TK are really mutually exclusive if you're going to use it for what it was designed to do. Your risk of a non-covered "event" tracking your car (e.g. guard rail, tire wall, ripping off front clip with LS splitter, etc.) are much higher than a potential TK non-covered event. The bottom line is this. If you're willing to risk tracking your car, you're taking on WAY more risk than the potential that TK will cause a non-covered issue!
Old 10/24/11, 08:31 AM

Hello my awesome members!!

So, great news about the TracKey coming out!! Now, to clarify on the warranty questions… This will be like any other FRPP aftermarket part that you add to your vehicle with one exeption; the repairs will be covered longer than 12/12. The 5 yr/60K mile Powertrain warranty will stay in effect. If the the TracKey programming causes any concern, that specific repair will be covered for 3yrs or 36,000 miles. This is great coverage for an aftermarket part on your vehicle. If you have any ESP, the same rules will apply.

Let me also mention the fuel changes: You’ll be using 91 octane fuel or higher to avoid any engine damage. Please note: damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

Please continue to enjoy your Bosses!!! If you guys ever need anything, just PM me. Have an awesome day!!

Deysha

Deysha,
If TracKey has been installed on my Boss and the troublesome T-86 transmission fails at 41,000 miles will my transmission be covered 100% by FMC warranty?
Old 10/24/11, 09:32 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Look at it this way regarding all this consternation over the TK warranty. The TK tune was developed by Ford Racing with hundreds of hours of engineering. It will be very safe for your engine. It has most of the drivability removed and is intended for track use. You won't want to regularly drive it on the street because it will be tiresome after a while, and kill your mileage while providing little benefit for street use. Therefore:

TK use and a non-covered mechanical issue = minor risk
Tracking your car = moderate risk
Racing your car = high risk

Being worried about the warranty and having TK are really mutually exclusive if you're going to use it for what it was designed to do. Your risk of a non-covered "event" tracking your car (e.g. guard rail, tire wall, ripping off front clip with LS splitter, etc.) are much higher than a potential TK non-covered event. The bottom line is this. If you're willing to risk tracking your car, you're taking on WAY more risk than the potential that TK will cause a non-covered issue!
Thanks Gary. You saved me the trouble of posting the same thoughts. It is called "TracKey". It is meant for use on the track. If you arent going to track your car save the money and worry on TracKey. If you are going to track it, you should worry about driver induced damage, not TracKey warranties
Old 10/24/11, 11:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,
Deysha,
I would honestly be guessing if I answered that question, TheBlues9108. If you do experience any concerns and have questions on what repairs will be covered as they come up, the dealership will be the one to answer that since they will have to diagnose the cause.

Deysha
Old 10/24/11, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
The OCCUPYFMC movement has started!

Our demands:
1) Immediate free TracKey programming
2) Free 93 octane or higher gas for life
3) Unlimited free days at TrackAttack and MMP or the local track of Boss owner's choice
4) Free MT82 replacements when necessary as determined by owner
5) Prevent 11SHELBYGT500, Alscobra, Overboost, and RatherBeBlown from posting on our TracKey threads
6) In the event of a scratch, free key replacements for 11SHELBYGT500 as a concession for invoking point 5 above
7) Pay all Boss owners a living wage so they dont have to work and can take full advantage of point 3 above
8) End freedom of the press such that if a non-Boss Mustang evers beats us on the track it will not be reported

( Trying to keep some humor in this gals and guys)

We looks like we will be at the track we need to ask for Free Tires for Live!
Old 10/24/11, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

"the dealership will be the one to answer that since they will have to diagnose the cause" and therein lies the risk.
Old 10/24/11, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess the people that are not running 91 in their bosses on a daily basis have to fill up with 91 two weeks before they go racing to get all the lower octane fuel out of the system.
Old 10/24/11, 11:39 AM

I run 91 all the time. It's another $3/tank. Not really a big deal when a fill up costs $45-50 even with 87.
Old 10/24/11, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11ShelbyGT500,

Realize you are just trying stirring up the pot, but a Boss owner should not have to worry about this. Yep, you can run the Boss on 87 octane fuel every day without worry of damage with the Black key. Have a load of 87 on board and "accidently" use TK and the engine knock sensors will reduce timing to protect the engine.

About this time MARK WILSON from Ford Racing should chime in here and confirm that this detonation protection is still part of the TK certified software.....

The silence in these TK threads from those who know (Ford Racing) is deafening!
Old 10/24/11, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I would honestly be guessing if I answered that question, TheBlues9108. If you do experience any concerns and have questions on what repairs will be covered as they come up, the dealership will be the one to answer that since they will have to diagnose the cause.

Deysha

Deysha,

Boss owners know as much, if not more than, anyone at FMC dealerships.

I am tired of dog and pony shows from everyone at FMC. Someone from FMC upper management needs step up to the plate and tell us the truth about the TracKey program.

Why did FMC never say anything in their TracKey advertisements about reducing the warranty from 5 year 60,000 mile to 3 year 36,000 mile warranty with TracKey?

When did FMC make the decisions to reduce the warranty to the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty?

I am getting a lot of feedback from Boss owners at car shows and club meetings. Some owners have between 15,000 and 20,000 miles on their Boss; in light of the reduction in the warranty it is a very bitter pill for them to swallow.

I for one am tired of smoke and mirrors. Please, give me a POC that is able to give us answers to the TracKey fiasco.

Thanks,
Warren
Old 10/24/11, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
11ShelbyGT500,

Realize you are just trying stirring up the pot, but a Boss owner should not have to worry about this. Yep, you can run the Boss on 87 octane fuel every day without worry of damage with the Black key. Have a load of 87 on board and "accidently" use TK and the engine knock sensors will reduce timing to protect the engine.

About this time MARK WILSON from Ford Racing should chime in here and confirm that this detonation protection is still part of the TK certified software.....

The silence in these TK threads from those who know (Ford Racing) is deafening!
Come on that was a serious question, not a pot stir. Don't be so sensitive.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 10/24/11 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10/24/11, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

A little explanation please...........

"If the the TracKey programming causes any concern, that specific repair will be covered for 3yrs or 36,000 miles."

Deysha,
It might be helpful if you could elaborate on "any concern," What does that mean?

Can you provide some examples?

I realize that there is a great deal of input from the Dealers when you discuss warranty claims, but the bottom line is that a dealer will not make a significant repair if Ford is not going to reimburse them.
Old 10/24/11, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Come on that was a serious question, not a pot stir. Don't be so sensitive.

I agree!

FMC has been silent for almost a year since the announcement of the TracKey Program.

Someone from FMC upper management needs step up to the plate and tell us the truth about the TracKey program.

Why did FMC never say anything in their TracKey advertisements about reducing the warranty from 5 year 60,000 mile to 3 year 36,000 mile warranty with TracKey?

When did FMC make the decisions to reduce the warranty to the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty?

I am getting a lot of feedback from Boss owners at car shows and club meetings. Some owners have between 15,000 and 20,000 miles on their Boss; in light of the reduction in the warranty it is a very bitter pill for them to swallow.

I for one am tired of smoke and mirrors.

Deysha,

Please, give us a POC that is able to answers our questions to the TracKey fiasco.
Old 10/24/11, 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

Oh no, not again...

First all the angst about the thing being released, and now all this BS about warranty coverage? Doesn't this Ford Racing component follow suit with all other parts as related to their warranty terms?

For all the whiners lamenting this fact - Been dying to use this one.

Quick Reply: TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers