2012-2013 BOSS 302
View Poll Results: CONFIRMED pricing only - How much are you paying for your Boss/LS (by type of car)?
Boss - under MSRP
11.02%
Boss - MSRP
58.27%
Boss - 0 to 2k over MSRP
7.09%
Boss - 2 to 4k over MSRP
0.79%
Boss - more than 4k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - under MSRP
3.15%
LS - MSRP
12.60%
LS - 0 to 3k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - 3 to 5k over MSRP
3.15%
LS - more than 5k over MSRP
0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Those who have ordered - what are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/11, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
It is hard for me to say what I would pay as I have been selling Fords since the age of 21. I've never had to consider it.
Then I would call your deal a "benefit connected to your place of employment"

And I believe there is more overlap with GT and Boss than Boss/GT500, at least from a price standpoint.
That could well be, although the Leguna Seca's price is certainly within spitting distance of a base '11 GT500.
Old 1/11/11, 01:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 66sprint200
While I agree that this forum represents a minority of the car-buying public at large, I think that it is a bit more representative of the Boss 302 target market than, say, the regular Mustang GT or even the GT500.

First, the Boss is not nearly as recognized outside of the Mustang hobby as "Shelby" and thus won't draw in the cross-shoppers from other brands the way the GT500 did.

Second, this car is targeted specifically to road racing enthusiasts and especially to those us who are old enough to remember the 1970 Trans-Am campaign. I speak specifically about the lack of electronic gee-gaws and doo-dads that even people on this forum have "fussed" about; the lack of any options to personalize the car to a certain buyer's tastes; the sure-to-be-harsher road manners, doubly so for the LS, compared to the other Mustangs (I can hear some of the original GT500 buyers now....they thought that car was too harsh ). And I haven't yet mentioned the complaints that are sure to be heard from a certain demographic that you and I are both all too familiar with regarding the lack of horsepower for the comparable dollar spent (ie: buy a M-GT and supercharge it and it'll "blow the doors of the Boss on the street" crowd....)

Basically, I think the market for this car is smaller than some dealers might think. But I've been wrong before............
I agree with most of this. I was considering a GT not the GT500 before I made my decision to buy a Boss. I have no interest in a supercharged car regardless of the price and I have no intention of adding a supercharger so I can "blow the doors off of a GT500". I like to think of the Boss as a poor man's Ferrari F430 Scuderia or Porsche GT3 RS.
Old 1/11/11, 01:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Since there is a time-dependent component to the price/demand curve, it might be useful to take a snapshot of pricing for future reference. So here is the breakdown as of today:

Boss - under MSRP____________7____15.91%
Boss - MSRP_________________25___56.82%
Boss - 0 to 2k over MSRP______2____4.55%
Boss - 2 to 4k over MSRP______0____0%
Boss - more than 4k over MSRP_0____0%
LS - under MSRP______________2___4.55%
LS - MSRP___________________6___13.64%
LS - 0 to 3k over MSRP________0____0%
LS - 3 to 5k over MSRP________1____2.27%
LS - more than 5k over MSRP___1____2.27%
While this data is interesting, it's hardly scientific. The fact is most people that pay ADM don't jump up and down telling people about it. In fact, they are less likely to cruise forums looking for a deal to begin with. The prices reported here are undoubtedly "below market averages", but to what degree is purely conjecture.
Old 1/11/11, 02:14 PM
Cobra R Member

those that ordered did you have to sign a contract and send a copy of your drivers license to Ford?
Old 1/11/11, 02:21 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
While this data is interesting, it's hardly scientific. The fact is most people that pay ADM don't jump up and down telling people about it. In fact, they are less likely to cruise forums looking for a deal to begin with. The prices reported here are undoubtedly "below market averages", but to what degree is purely conjecture.
Yep!
Old 1/11/11, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
those that ordered did you have to sign a contract and send a copy of your drivers license to Ford?
no license...signed a credit card receipt for my deposit LOL
Old 1/11/11, 04:32 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
No contract, but a copy of my license was sent. The copy of a license would normally be used for the Retail Order Verification system.
Old 1/11/11, 04:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

They did not request a copy of my DL. I do have the VOC and declined a copy of the DORA although it was offered.
Old 1/11/11, 05:30 PM
Cobra R Member

thanks all, I may end up going to my local dealer this weekend to order a Boss
Old 1/11/11, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

I was told that the Tulsa store had 1 allocation, but I was told "no word on asking price yet". I'm not sure about MWC? Another dealer in town had 1 allocation, but wasn't willing to discuss price either.

David Stanley? I have a previous customer that claims to have bought there.
Old 1/11/11, 06:57 PM
GT Member

David Stanley? I have a previous customer that claims to have bought there.
Yes. They told me they had 8 base units and 1 LS. They readily agreed to sell the base units at sticker, which led me to believe that a slight break was not out of the question (I would have requested the accessory package or paint upgrade for no charge). However, I never even got as much as a dialogue started on the LS pricing. If I had not found an LS deal I would have purchased a base model this year for the wife and looked again next year for my LS. But it all worked out.

I did give them one last shot at my business before sending my deposit check out of state.

BTW, I'll still beg for a ride.................
Old 1/12/11, 12:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First, the Boss is not nearly as recognized outside of the Mustang hobby as "Shelby" and thus won't draw in the cross-shoppers from other brands the way the GT500 did.

Second, this car is targeted specifically to road racing enthusiasts and especially to those us who are old enough to remember the 1970 Trans-Am campaign.
I think that original Boss 302 owners will make up a big number of buyers, as many if not more than true racers. Of all the cars I have owner my Boss was the most special car I ever had. Even if I don't race the idea of owning a special factory built race car is what I have always liked. While Mach 1's Shelby's new and old are nice the Boss is in a class by itself.

As I said the new Shelby's are nice it has zero appeal to me (especially at over MSRP). If the this Boss was a stripe kit and dash plaque added to a GT, I would have passed just the same. I assume the cars will sell OK but will not be surprised to see a few not moving toward year's end. That could be due to a lack of knowledge about what the Boss is or being greedy and asking too much. There is a dealer by me that has 13 Shelby's sittting there.

Right now the cars are selling to racers and people like myself, I am sure a few will sell to someone who passes the dealer that has one sitting there but who knows if that will be enough. It should be close and as an owner I certainly hope they sell well. This car for the most part will only sell to those who understand what it really is, people looking for a sports car with a pretty spoiler or SYNC will pass at the price.

BTW does anyone know how the intake plate will be numbered? After the VIN what will be Vehicle.

I assume number will be the one of the total number of Bosses built. Will this number include all Bosses and LS's? Will it include pre-production Bosses and will the number correspond to the order in which your car was produced?
Attached Thumbnails Those who have ordered - what are you paying?-boss-id-plate.jpg  

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 1/12/11 at 12:15 AM.
Old 1/12/11, 02:47 AM

I have purchased a LS at over sticker for a few reasons. Mainly I wanted to get a first quarter build so I can take delivery before I head to Europe for three years. I plan on tracking this car and will be taking it across the pond with me. I may have been able to find an LS at MSRP if I looked harder, but being overseas now, my shopping time is fairly limited. Either way, I am excited to get this car and see what it can do. I am still a beginner at the track, but I can't think of a better place to learn than on tracks in Europe.
Old 1/12/11, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well it's not silly at all. I understand dealer loyalty, but conversely your dealer should understand if you go somewhere else since they didn't receive an allocation. I am pretty certain the lottery has been complete for some time now for the 2012s. There is a chance they could get a 2013, but that is at least a year out.
Talked to my dealer last night, he said that the Ford Rep said that it would not be a problem getting one. Do not have a build date yet, so that's all the info I've got atm. I do have my VOC.
Old 1/12/11, 08:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jerkstore
I have purchased a LS at over sticker for a few reasons. Mainly I wanted to get a first quarter build so I can take delivery before I head to Europe for three years. I plan on tracking this car and will be taking it across the pond with me. I may have been able to find an LS at MSRP if I looked harder, but being overseas now, my shopping time is fairly limited. Either way, I am excited to get this car and see what it can do. I am still a beginner at the track, but I can't think of a better place to learn than on tracks in Europe.
Old 1/12/11, 09:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Talked to my dealer last night, he said that the Ford Rep said that it would not be a problem getting one. Do not have a build date yet, so that's all the info I've got atm. I do have my VOC.
Sounds like they got an allocation for you!
Old 1/12/11, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Sounds like they got an allocation for you!
I think I read Five Oh Brian posting somewhere that any dealer can place an order for a Boss, thus getting a VOC. However, the order won't get filled unless the dealer has an allocation. Here's a thread that discussed it: https://themustangsource.com/f813/do...mation-489767/

Anyway maybe he'll repond on this thread. I'm not trying to throw dirt on anything, you just want to make sure the dealer actually has been granted an allocation for the Boss from Ford. Hopefully they have and you're all good to go.

Last edited by cloud9; 1/12/11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 1/12/11, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think I ready Five Oh Brian posting somewhere that any dealer can place an order for a Boss, thus getting a VOC. However, the order won't get filled unless the dealer has an allocation. Here's a thread that discussed it: https://themustangsource.com/f813/do...mation-489767/

Anyway maybe he'll repond on this thread. I'm not trying to throw dirt on anything, you just want to make sure the dealer actually has been granted an allocation for the Boss from Ford. Hopefully they have and you're all good to go.
Right...precisely why I posted what I did! We certainly know that orders can be entered but unless the dealer got an allocation, the order would go unfulfilled. I also hope that Dean's dealership has entered something that can get built!
Old 1/12/11, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was my understanding that w/o an allocation you have to be approved by a district rep after the VOC. So.....
Old 1/12/11, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks. My car's allocation is for January production. When would the dealer likely see the order status changed to "submitted to plant"?
My understanding is that Ford was only telling dealers which quarter a Boss 302 allocation was for, not the actual month, so your car will be built sometime between late January and late March.

There's no way to predict exactly which week Ford will submit your order. Each region will be allocated a certain # of Boss 302's each week, then it is up to the regional office and their zone reps to decide which dealers within the region will get their allocations submitted that week (as there isn't enough regional allocation each week to satisfy the cummulative allocations of all dealers in each region). Some dealers with allocation get bumped to a subsequent week. The real trick is how (as a dealer) to talk your region into submitting an order now instead of later. It is often a matter of quid pro quo, sad to say.

Quick Reply: Those who have ordered - what are you paying?