Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302
View Poll Results: CONFIRMED pricing only - How much are you paying for your Boss/LS (by type of car)?
Boss - under MSRP
11.02%
Boss - MSRP
58.27%
Boss - 0 to 2k over MSRP
7.09%
Boss - 2 to 4k over MSRP
0.79%
Boss - more than 4k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - under MSRP
3.15%
LS - MSRP
12.60%
LS - 0 to 3k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - 3 to 5k over MSRP
3.15%
LS - more than 5k over MSRP
0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Those who have ordered - what are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/11, 09:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrBonus
I had been looking for a standard Boss for a week and happened across a dealership with a 2Q allocation for a Laguna Seca asking MSRP so I put a deposit down and signed the purchase order. I feel like I won the lottery.
Congratulations!
Old 3/10/11, 09:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had been looking for a standard Boss for a week and happened across a dealership with a 2Q allocation for a Laguna Seca asking MSRP so I put a deposit down and signed the purchase order. I feel like I won the lottery.
Sounds great welcome to the site.
Old 3/10/11, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I can't wait to get her and take her straight to New Jersey Motorsport Park.
Old 3/10/11, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the orders
Old 3/10/11, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
They called me today as well. They also are offering it for under sticker which was a shock. Has me thinking.

I just called Koons Ford of Annapolis and spoke with Chris the sales manager and he said they will be asking $12,000 over MSRP for the standard Boss due this month and no less than $10,000 over for the 2 other allocations due to the "demmand" and calls they have received on the car!!! I told him about my deal and I was trying to get an earlier build and politely said goodbye!!
Old 3/10/11, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I just called Koons Ford of Annapolis and spoke with Chris the sales manager and he said they will be asking $12,000 over MSRP for the standard Boss due this month and no less than $10,000 over for the 2 other allocations due to the "demmand" and calls they have received on the car!!! I told him about my deal and I was trying to get an earlier build and politely said goodbye!!

I even have a hard time defending that one
Old 3/10/11, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
I even have a hard time defending that one
Sad part is I introduced myself as the GSM of a Toyota/Hyundai store so maybe he would extend some "courtesy"

Hope they are stuck with it!!!
Old 3/10/11, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
Really because there internet sales manager told me $3K over invoice.

The thing is while they might have a lot of calls nobody is coming in to put money down on them. At least that's what I was told on the phone.

Last edited by bpmurr; 3/10/11 at 04:38 PM.
Old 3/10/11, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr
Really because there internet sales manager told me $3K over invoice.

The thing is while they might have a lot of calls nobody is coming in to put money down on them. At least that's what I was told on the phone.
It seems to be standard procedure for them to raise the mark up in accordance with the interest they receive. I seemingly had a deal locked up on Saturday with a local dealer with an inbound car and by Monday he claimed it was sold. By Tuesday, he called me up and told me they wouldn't let it go for less than $5000 over MSRP. When I told him I wasn't interested, I got the lengthy tale of how these cars are extremely rare and I won't find one at MSRP, etc., etc., etc.

I have to believe these dealers are going to end up having these cars sit for a long, long time.
Old 3/10/11, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

It seems to be standard procedure for them to raise the mark up in accordance with the interest they receive. I seemingly had a deal locked up on Saturday with a local dealer with an inbound car and by Monday he claimed it was sold. By Tuesday, he called me up and told me they wouldn't let it go for less than $5000 over MSRP. When I told him I wasn't interested, I got the lengthy tale of how these cars are extremely rare and I won't find one at MSRP, etc., etc., etc.

I have to believe these dealers are going to end up having these cars sit for a long, long time.

Unlikely IMO

Where do you live?
Old 3/10/11, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Send the dealer the link to this thread so he can see what people are paying.
Old 3/10/11, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Unlikely IMO

Where do you live?
Northern Delaware. Part of me hopes you're right because I want to believe our cars are going to hold their value but part of me doesn't like seeing buyers jerked around with inconsistent and often deceptive pricing practices.

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Send the dealer the link to this thread so he can see what people are paying.
Haha, I doubt he/they care.

That said, I sent out a bunch of requests and spoke to 8 different dealerships. The first one was the one that jerked me around on pricing mentioned above, the next was willing to work with me at MSRP but didn't have any allocations and was trying to buy an allocation, another had one that was sold but would call me if the buyer backed out, a few others tried to sell my GT500s (and one a 2008 GT), another had 3, 2 of which were to be built by 2Q, but all were expected to have an undisclosed mark up and finally the dealer I put my money down with happened to have a single free allocation, a Laguna Seca, that he explicitly outlined in the email would be sold at MSRP.

I'm still scared even with my money down and a signed buyers order that they will try and change their pricing on me.
Old 3/11/11, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got mine for 2nd quarter with a discount!! Had to email the original dealer the news...
Old 3/20/11, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Has everybody voted??? I remember someone saying they paid a 5K ADM on a standard Boss but the count still says 0.
Old 3/20/11, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Earlier this winter I visited a Ford dealer about 30 miles away to have a look at their stock of Mustang convertibles. They had 7 2011 GTs, 1 V6, and a GT500. When I arrived in the showroom, I saw they had a yellow SOLD sticker on the Shelby in the showroom. I started talking to the sales guy standing right behind the door when I walked in. He said it was sold to someone out west and was having it shipped. After I commented that I was glad to see it didn't have an ADM on it since it was already optioned out to just over 60k, he coolly replied 'It did have an additional markup'...

So I shrugged and went outside to go look at the convertibles on the lot. Several weeks later I went by to ask another sales guy if their dealership was expecting to get any Boss Mustangs (didn't care for the first guy). Then I noticed the Shelby still sitting there, w/o the SOLD sticker, but with a second sheet next to the factory invoice listing their 5k ADM. I was told that he thinks they are getting 1, and maybe a second later this year but he's not sure, but the first one was 'a black one', so I knew it was an LS.

I gave the guy my contact information and said I was interested in a Kona Blue Boss, with Recaro's and gauge pkg. Sadly enough he's never given me a follow up phone call or email, perhaps he expects me to keep bugging him if I want one...?

As of this weekend, the Shelby is now listed on their dealer website at straight MSRP. I would take it with a big grain of salt though as I have to wonder what is going on with that particular car and this sales crew. I'm still torn between my desire for a Boss or loaded GT 'vert, but still have a wait another month or 2 for finances to be in order. Will be funny to see if it's still sitting there several weeks from now when I'm ready to go shopping.

-ace72
Old 3/20/11, 06:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Earlier this winter I visited a Ford dealer about 30 miles away to have a look at their stock of Mustang convertibles. They had 7 2011 GTs, 1 V6, and a GT500. When I arrived in the showroom, I saw they had a yellow SOLD sticker on the Shelby in the showroom. I started talking to the sales guy standing right behind the door when I walked in. He said it was sold to someone out west and was having it shipped. After I commented that I was glad to see it didn't have an ADM on it since it was already optioned out to just over 60k, he coolly replied 'It did have an additional markup'...

So I shrugged and went outside to go look at the convertibles on the lot. Several weeks later I went by to ask another sales guy if their dealership was expecting to get any Boss Mustangs (didn't care for the first guy). Then I noticed the Shelby still sitting there, w/o the SOLD sticker, but with a second sheet next to the factory invoice listing their 5k ADM. I was told that he thinks they are getting 1, and maybe a second later this year but he's not sure, but the first one was 'a black one', so I knew it was an LS.

I gave the guy my contact information and said I was interested in a Kona Blue Boss, with Recaro's and gauge pkg. Sadly enough he's never given me a follow up phone call or email, perhaps he expects me to keep bugging him if I want one...?

As of this weekend, the Shelby is now listed on their dealer website at straight MSRP. I would take it with a big grain of salt though as I have to wonder what is going on with that particular car and this sales crew. I'm still torn between my desire for a Boss or loaded GT 'vert, but still have a wait another month or 2 for finances to be in order. Will be funny to see if it's still sitting there several weeks from now when I'm ready to go shopping.

-ace72
Why on Earth would anyone pay MSRP for a GT500 right now? Here's a 2011 SVTPP with Nav listed at a Buy It Now price almost $4k UNDER MSRP. I would assume they'll take less than the BIN price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...mZ250791860212
Old 3/20/11, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

I don't think these guys are on the ball... Why else would they be sitting on all those 2011 convertibles all winter long up here in New Hampshire? Sure the economy taking a hit this past year must have had some effect on sales, but I have a feeling they have a bonehead sales manager. Every day these cars sit around they are losing money, and if they jerked someone around who might have got that Shelby out the door makes me wonder...?

I've been keeping tabs on their website, and I saw the loaded GT w/Nav discounted 4400$ during the winter to 39,999$. Now it's back to just sitting at MSRP, guess they are willing to try and jerk shoppers around for the last dime instead of just moving inventory.

-ace72
Old 3/29/11, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I need to change my vote. -- since I was lucky with my certificate, I technically bought my LS for under MSRP.

Hopefully many more of you can redeem them too!
Old 4/2/11, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dealer I ordered my x2 GT's from said he didn't get an allocation for even a regular boss - if he did I may have thought about it. Another dealer I spoke with at the auto show in Cleveland said he got 2 boss allocations (both sold for over MSRP) but none for a LS.

I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise for the Boss debut and got to meet Dave Pericak, he actually let me sit in the car and rev it up.

Is it true that the Boss will have two years of production? I'm not in a rush I guess so maybe I just need to wait till next year. My reason for ordering the GT was it's more of a DD so I got it loaded up, still really want a LS though but not gonna pay > MSRP.
Old 4/2/11, 12:01 PM
GT Member

In for results, getting ready to go shopping

Quick Reply: Those who have ordered - what are you paying?