Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302
View Poll Results: CONFIRMED pricing only - How much are you paying for your Boss/LS (by type of car)?
Boss - under MSRP
11.02%
Boss - MSRP
58.27%
Boss - 0 to 2k over MSRP
7.09%
Boss - 2 to 4k over MSRP
0.79%
Boss - more than 4k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - under MSRP
3.15%
LS - MSRP
12.60%
LS - 0 to 3k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - 3 to 5k over MSRP
3.15%
LS - more than 5k over MSRP
0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Those who have ordered - what are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/11, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any stats as to how many have been ordered or sold so far?
Do dealers have access to that kind of info?
Old 4/2/11, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Minicobra
Does anyone have any stats as to how many have been ordered or sold so far?
Do dealers have access to that kind of info?
Ford should handle national security, you can find plans for the reactor on an aircraft carrier on the internet easier then find out the true number of Bosses that will be built
Old 4/2/11, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss

Ford should handle national security, you can find plans for the reactor on an aircraft carrier on the internet easier then find out the true number of Bosses that will be built
Quoted for awesomeness

Sent from my Droid using TMS Forum
Old 4/2/11, 02:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
I just want to know how many have been sold so far, not how many that have been built.
Old 4/2/11, 05:15 PM

The ones showing up to dealers are in the 230-250 range on the engine plate, so assume there are 250ish cars out the door of the 4,000 standard boss cars they plan on making this year. Only 12 are on ebay, so assume the majority of the rest are sold.
Old 4/3/11, 02:58 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaBossMO
... Only 12 are on ebay...
Off topic.

It is encouraging the majority of bids top around MSRP. It is a tribute to those searching for a Boss showing restraint and prevent dealers from taking advantage. The more prudence the less wait.

Kudos!
Old 4/3/11, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Off topic.

It is encouraging the majority of bids top around MSRP. It is a tribute to those searching for a Boss showing restraint and prevent dealers from taking advantage. The more prudence the less wait.

Kudos!

yeah every dealer i talk to i tell them people learned a valuable lesson with all the adm's on the gt500's and move to the next one. I have found two potential dealers that are willing to sell me one at msrp just need them to get me the recall letter and permission to ship to canada.

then we are good to go

i hope nobody else pays over msrp either or it just encourages them
Old 4/3/11, 07:01 PM

Ordered my Kona Blue Boss at MSRP, waited to long to pull the trigger (color choice dilemma ) ended up with their second allocation which is 4th Quarter.
Old 4/8/11, 03:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bluemax
Ordered my Kona Blue Boss at MSRP, waited to long to pull the trigger (color choice dilemma ) ended up with their second allocation which is 4th Quarter.
So how long does that take then? when will you see your car?
Old 4/8/11, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

i never did post here, but i voted a while back. Anyhow, i bought from jordan ford in san antonio CO R/T MSRP, the ony bad part is that hte car is a Q4. he had one more normal boss a coupel weeks back when i ordered for Q4.
Old 4/10/11, 02:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i never did post here, but i voted a while back. Anyhow, i bought from jordan ford in san antonio CO R/T MSRP, the ony bad part is that hte car is a Q4. he had one more normal boss a coupel weeks back when i ordered for Q4.
When are Q4 cars suppose to be delivered?
Old 4/10/11, 05:59 AM
Cobra Member

they said expect Nov or Dec delivery.
Old 4/10/11, 06:24 AM

they said expect Nov or Dec delivery.

That is what I am expecting... by then we will probably have a look at the '13 Boss and then I will decide if I want to just wait some more...
Old 4/10/11, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bluemax
That is what I am expecting... by then we will probably have a look at the '13 Boss and then I will decide if I want to just wait some more...
that is exactly what i am thinking. the only thing is even if we have a look at the 13 boss you can count on delays again like we have seen this year i bet. a car ordered in December won't show until next summer, that would be a year without a stang for me and i really don't want to wait that long.
Old 4/10/11, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that is exactly what i am thinking. the only thing is even if we have a look at the 13 boss you can count on delays again like we have seen this year i bet. a car ordered in December won't show until next summer, that would be a year without a stang for me and i really don't want to wait that long.
That would be a long time to wait and even then you would have to find a 1st qtr 13. I really love the 70 stripes and if done right they will look good but just for that I could not wait, I was lucky and got a 1st qtr build this year.

If there was a HP increase and other options like a shaker I would really need one. Then again at this point having a low build number it would be hard to give up my 69

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 8/17/11 at 09:38 PM.
Old 5/9/11, 03:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Earlier this winter I visited a Ford dealer about 30 miles away to have a look at their stock of Mustang convertibles. They had 7 2011 GTs, 1 V6, and a GT500. When I arrived in the showroom, I saw they had a yellow SOLD sticker on the Shelby in the showroom. I started talking to the sales guy standing right behind the door when I walked in. He said it was sold to someone out west and was having it shipped. After I commented that I was glad to see it didn't have an ADM on it since it was already optioned out to just over 60k, he coolly replied 'It did have an additional markup'...

So I shrugged and went outside to go look at the convertibles on the lot. Several weeks later I went by to ask another sales guy if their dealership was expecting to get any Boss Mustangs (didn't care for the first guy). Then I noticed the Shelby still sitting there, w/o the SOLD sticker, but with a second sheet next to the factory invoice listing their 5k ADM. I was told that he thinks they are getting 1, and maybe a second later this year but he's not sure, but the first one was 'a black one', so I knew it was an LS.

I gave the guy my contact information and said I was interested in a Kona Blue Boss, with Recaro's and gauge pkg. Sadly enough he's never given me a follow up phone call or email, perhaps he expects me to keep bugging him if I want one...?

As of this weekend, the Shelby is now listed on their dealer website at straight MSRP. I would take it with a big grain of salt though as I have to wonder what is going on with that particular car and this sales crew. I'm still torn between my desire for a Boss or loaded GT 'vert, but still have a wait another month or 2 for finances to be in order. Will be funny to see if it's still sitting there several weeks from now when I'm ready to go shopping.

-ace72
Ha! I was searching around and came upon this post. I went to this same dealer and they had 2 allocations on order - an LS and a regular Boss. They wanted 5k ADM. I told them that I would not pay an ADM. Period. Unlike you, they kept after me in several emails - even offering me a Shelby at MSRP (wonder if it was that one - lol.) They seemed to "like" me because I was local. Not so sure the feeling was mutual.
Old 5/24/11, 05:17 AM
FR500 Member

Bumping for fresh data. Please vote if you've locked in your deal.
Old 5/28/11, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

update thread, paid $1500 over msrp for the first boss. the second one was msrp from grapevine ford. originally wanted $5k adm, buyer of the other boss got them down to msrp over a few days and calls.
Old 8/16/11, 09:49 PM
FR500 Member

Bump - time to bring this poll up to date!
Old 8/18/11, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Not buying one but the local dealer here in Chesapeake, VA has a Base Boss no options in Race Red with $10k ADM. They are going to kill the Boss like they did the Thunderbird a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Those who have ordered - what are you paying?