Search this Thread

Old 2/9/12, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RJorge1950
Hi GT 350,

What color did you get ?
Since I have the LS I got the red.
Good luck with your bar, hope we never have to use it.

Rob

I ordered a black one; the only problem is that my harness is blue!

Hoping I got in early enough to get a roll bar by the end of Feb!

I’m thinking about attending the NASA event at Sebring end of March..........

And yes Rob, I hope I never have the opportunity to test it out!

Last edited by GT_350; 2/9/12 at 08:44 AM.
Old 2/9/12, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Placed my order for a red one....hope I got in before the cutoff.
Hi ulev1st,

Hope you made the cutoff as I think there is going to be a shortage of 1.75 inch x 0.120" wall DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) tubing throughout California this year.
Good luck with your bar and your car.

Rob
Old 2/9/12, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GT_350
I ordered a black one; the only problem is that my harness is blue!

Hoping I got in early enough to get a roll bar by the end of Feb!

I’m thinking about attending the NASA event at Sebring end of March..........

And yes Rob, I hope I never have the opportunity to test it out!
Hi GT 350,

That would have been my choice of color if I had your car. As far as your harness color you may want to look at the harness that Kendall is going to offer, it's KILLER.
I was in Sebring last year but it was for a Shelby event and at the time I had my 2008 GT-500, would love to go with the LS this time around.
In reference to testing the bar, perhaps I should have said I am confident that Kendall designed it properly, sorry.
I am sure you will have a great time at Sebring with your bar and who knows maybe I will see you there.

Rob

P.S. Love that Mustang drawing you make at the end of all your posts !

Last edited by RJorge1950; 2/9/12 at 09:57 AM.
Old 2/9/12, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi GT 350,

That would have been my choice of color if I had your car. As far as your harness color you may want to look at the harness that Kendall is going to offer, it's KILLER.
I was in Sebring last year but it was for a Shelby event and at the time I had my 2008 GT-500, would love to go with the LS this time around.
In reference to testing the bar, perhaps I should have said I am confident that Kendall designed it properly, sorry.
I am sure you will have a great time at Sebring with your bar and who knows maybe I will see you there.

Rob

P.S. Love that Mustang drawing you make at the end of all your posts !
Rob, with the number of Boss owners from central and southern Florida we should all try and get to an event together!
Old 2/9/12, 05:43 PM
V6 Member

Hi GT 350,

I would love to see a big Boss event down here with maybe some support from Ford. Last Saturday I was at a car show in Kendall talking to a 1970 Boss 302 owner named Ray that told me every five years or so Ford sponsors a Boss event which he attended. I was so impressed by what Ford did that I asked him to please let me know when the next one is. They got to tour the plant and Ford had engineers that worked on the original Boss project there to tell their story. He did mention some of those engineers were up there in age, like me ;-).

Rob
Old 2/9/12, 07:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT_350
Looks GREAT!

Just placed an order for a Race Red bar ... don't know if I made the cut for one of the February pre-orders units. If not I hope be in the second production run.
Old 2/9/12, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Just placed an order for a Race Red bar ... don't know if I made the cut for one of the February pre-orders units. If not I hope be in the second production run.
Everyone - thanks for the comments.... and the business. We blew through the first 5 kits pretty fast. Al, you are in second batch but we are moving as fast as we can to get these done. I will keep you posted.

Just as an update to all, today we met with a packaging company and supplied them with a complete bar set. They are working on the design and will review with us on Monday. Assuming we are a "go" with what they come up with, we can have the initial packages at the end of next week - about the same time as the first bars are getting out of Powder-coating.

I'm really anxious to get these bars in all of your hands and to see the great color combinations you're coming up with!!
Old 2/9/12, 09:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by nota4re
Everyone - thanks for the comments.... and the business. We blew through the first 5 kits pretty fast. Al, you are in second batch but we are moving as fast as we can to get these done. I will keep you posted.

Just as an update to all, today we met with a packaging company and supplied them with a complete bar set. They are working on the design and will review with us on Monday. Assuming we are a "go" with what they come up with, we can have the initial packages at the end of next week - about the same time as the first bars are getting out of Powder-coating.

I'm really anxious to get these bars in all of your hands and to see the great color combinations you're coming up with!!
Kendall don't forget to order more 1.75 inch x 0.120" wall DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) tubing
Rob
Old 2/10/12, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi GT 350,

I would love to see a big Boss event down here with maybe some support from Ford. Last Saturday I was at a car show in Kendall talking to a 1970 Boss 302 owner named Ray that told me every five years or so Ford sponsors a Boss event which he attended. I was so impressed by what Ford did that I asked him to please let me know when the next one is. They got to tour the plant and Ford had engineers that worked on the original Boss project there to tell their story. He did mention some of those engineers were up there in age, like me ;-).

Rob
Rob,

I would bet your buddy with the'70 goes here. The Boss 302 Registry

They had a Boss Reunion last year in August up in Dearborn, MI.

Doug
Old 2/10/12, 09:22 AM
V6 Member

Hi Doug,

YES, YES, YES, That's what he was talking about !
Thank you so much for the link, I will be at the next event for sure. Ray was telling me they let him drive his car on their test track and do all sorts of other neat stuff. It's like going to Boss 302 HEAVEN.
Like you said there is a big group of Boss owners here and it would be great if we all attend this event in the future.
Thanks again for the link. I will try to join the registry if that's possible for a 2012 Boss.

Best regards,
Rob
Old 2/13/12, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

can I get one in black?
Old 2/13/12, 06:25 PM
V6 Member

Hi Kendall,
I hope the bar that you sent to the packaging company is my red one. Just have them send it right from there ;-)

Hi roketman,
I'm sure Kendall would be more than happy to get you one in black for you. Please visit his website ( cooltechllc.com ) for info.

Rob
Old 2/13/12, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Packaging company got unfinished bar to play with without consequence

Rob, your bar finished powdercoating within next day or so. We are awaiting fabricated gussets plates which will be powdercoated fine black wrinkle for all bar colors (plates are invisible after install).

Ron, I send you a PM. Black certainly possible - and yours wont be the first!
Old 2/14/12, 04:04 AM
Cobra Member

Packaging company got unfinished bar to play with without consequence

Rob, your bar finished powdercoating within next day or so. We are awaiting fabricated gussets plates which will be powdercoated fine black wrinkle for all bar colors (plates are invisible after install).

Ron, I send you a PM. Black certainly possible - and yours wont be the first!
Sounds like your making good progress! How far along is my bar?
Old 2/14/12, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like your making good progress! How far along is my bar?
Mary Kay rejected the first color try saying it was a shade to subtle. Trying again. Man, pink is hard!!
Old 2/14/12, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Mary Kay rejected the first color try saying it was a shade to subtle. Trying again. Man, pink is hard!!
Darn, I'll have to settle for white
Old 2/14/12, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Darn, I'll have to settle for white
We found a match for white and the powdercoat vendor was ordering. Your bar is at the powdercoater awaiting arrival of the color and subsequent coating.
Old 2/14/12, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Nice! Can't wait!
What do you think your lead time will be with the belts?
Old 2/14/12, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Kendall
Any updates on manufacturing on the second run ...guess I missed the first run:-(
Old 2/14/12, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

... Al, you are in second batch but we are moving as fast as we can to get these done. I will keep you posted....
Thanks Kendall, I have been waiting for your bar since last July when you said you would be doing a bar with a recognized fabricator.

Rollbars - does anyone have one yet? 7/31/11, 7:43 AM
We too plan to have a roll bar. First priority is finishing the oil cooler. Already working with a well-known fabricator for a bar. We have 3 LS's to do and so will have all kinks worked out before go to market.
A few more weeks of until the bar arrives will be worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek