Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/12, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roketman
I was told this coming week.But I did get my new Expedition K.R.!
You could always take that to LRP, if you don't have your LS by may 31st. but I think you will have more fun with the GTR
Old 2/24/12, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Got my shipping confirmation from Fed Ex. Nice! Won't be long now!
Old 2/24/12, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

My new Expedition KR arrived at my dealer yesterday.Hoping to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.
Attached Images  
Old 2/24/12, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, it wasn't easy but we got all of the "Batch 1" roll bars shipped out today! Everyone who has one in route will have their tracking number by tomorrow. Each of these Batch 1 roll bars will have Install Instructions emailed to them. We are installing 2 roll bars into Laguna Secas tomorrow (Saturday) and I will be snapping photos and developing the install instructions to be emailed out by the end of the weekend. The Silver LS and the Black LS next to it will both get roll bars. The Competition Orange Boss came straight from the dealership (a buddy of ours) and got his exhaust discs and fugly Sound Pipe removed!

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-ctdriveway.jpg
Old 2/24/12, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Just curious, do you run your business out of this beautiful house?
Old 2/24/12, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Just curious, do you run your business out of this beautiful house?
Well, the pic makes it look MUCH bigger than it is. It is really a modest home... seriously. When home, you'll always find me in the shop tinkering. We might make some prototype parts and stuff here but the production of everything we make is really farmed out to niche businesses that we have built relationships with.
Old 2/25/12, 07:59 AM

Hey, that's my orange car I've been lurking for a while and after Kendall forced me to drive his LS for the 3rd time, I caved ! True, I did drive straight to his place from the dealer and before I could say hello, my exhaust plates and sound pipe were in the trash bin ! I've been good friends with Kendall ( and the whole Pond clan ) since '06 when he started working on my Ford GT, and can't speak highly enough about the parts and service at Cooltech ! I saw the rollbars going into the 2 LS's there... looks KILLER ! I had a Porsche GT3 and rollbars are very popular with that crowd. The Cooltech bar looks,fits and is built every bit as good if not better then the Porsche offerings...and trust me, you do not wanna know what the Porsche bars cost !!!
Ok, gotta start ordering parts....let the games begin
Old 2/25/12, 08:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Pablo Bravo
Hey, that's my orange car I've been lurking for a while and after Kendall forced me to drive his LS for the 3rd time, I caved ! True, I did drive straight to his place from the dealer and before I could say hello, my exhaust plates and sound pipe were in the trash bin ! I've been good friends with Kendall ( and the whole Pond clan ) since '06 when he started working on my Ford GT, and can't speak highly enough about the parts and service at Cooltech ! I saw the rollbars going into the 2 LS's there... looks KILLER ! I had a Porsche GT3 and rollbars are very popular with that crowd. The Cooltech bar looks,fits and is built every bit as good if not better then the Porsche offerings...and trust me, you do not wanna know what the Porsche bars cost !!!
Ok, gotta start ordering parts....let the games begin
Any photos of your GT3 RS and do you still have the FGT? The roll bars look sweet buy my kids won't appreciate one as they like to ride in the back seats.
Old 2/25/12, 10:44 AM

The FGT at Cooltech after the rear bumper delete and exhaust install. Sorry to hi-jack thread.... back to the rollbar
Attached Thumbnails Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-photo.jpg   Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-gt3rs.jpg  
Old 2/26/12, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

My new Expedition KR arrived at my dealer yesterday.Hoping to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.
Congrats on the Expedition, Ron!! I LOVE the KR interiors. I just purchased a "poor mans" tow vehicle with a similar interior. I bought this VW a couple of weeks ago over on the East Coast and it has been in transit. I should have it Tuesday! It's exciting waiting for a car you've never personally seen before! These Touareg's are getting a little harder to find in this configuration. V10 Twin Turbo - Direct Injected - Diesel 305HP 553TQ and a 7800lb tow rating. I plan to use this to take the boss over to Spring Mountain and visit Terry's race track!

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-interior.jpg
Old 2/27/12, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Kendall.....when will the "second run" go into production? (Im)patiently waiting......but then again, I stand in front of the microwave and yell....HURRY UP DAMMIT!
Old 2/27/12, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

So Kendall.....when will the "second run" go into production? (Im)patiently waiting......but then again, I stand in front of the microwave and yell....HURRY UP DAMMIT!
Hi Don! The short answer is that I am doing everything I can to accelerate these too! The first batch let us experience most of the growing pains which I hope are now largely behind us. Fabrication of the second set of bars is underway as I write. I will post an update later this week but please know that we really dislike to have a backlog and want to get to a point where we have the bars in stock - and the only step we will do when ordered is to get them powdercoated in the selected color.

The belts and clips are also progressing and I hope to have an update on those at the end of the week as well!!
Old 2/27/12, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the update........
Old 2/27/12, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Thanks for the update........
Ditto!

Is there a glimmer of hope we might have them by 21 -23 March?
Old 2/29/12, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Well today was my lucky day ! Got vin!!!!!!
Old 2/29/12, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by roketman
Well today was my lucky day ! Got vin!!!!!!
Nice! You will definitely have it for may 31st at Limerock! I can't wait to see it!!
Old 2/29/12, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I received some of the roll bar today. Appears to be brackets of some type for the rear mounts on the shock towers. The rest (I assume) is supposed to be here tomorrow. Just in time for a weekend install.
Old 2/29/12, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006mach1
Well I received some of the roll bar today. Appears to be brackets of some type for the rear mounts on the shock towers. The rest (I assume) is supposed to be here tomorrow. Just in time for a weekend install.
No pictures means it didn't happen
J/k
I just tracked mine and it still says its in Cali, but is still scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers x'd.
Old 2/29/12, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

You have the notoriety of getting the first bar we shipped. You will see that we were playing with the new box straping tools and got your box all cinched up.... and so proud of ourselves. That is, until we turned around and saw the brackets that we left out of the package! Instead of cutting and re-strapping, we just shipped separately. Sorry for that! Those two plates are the backing plates that will mount up inside the rear fenderwell on the opposite side of where the integral shock tower brace is bolted.

I will email instructions out today or tomorrow.

We all want to see pictures of the bars installed!!
Old 2/29/12, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Wife called said FedEx delivered the bar! Can't wait to get out of work and see it. I'm thinking of the Fiat Abarth super bowl commercial but it's me walking into my house, slowly opening the bedroom door and finding this gorgeous, sleek, sexy red bar on my bed. She makes eye contact with me but I look down instead to conceal my intimate desires for her, my heart is pounding as she comes closer and starts to talk Italian to me, my knees are getting weaker as I pass out. When I wake up I find myself at the hospital recovering from an open head wound that the wife gave me. LOL

Rob

Quick Reply: Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek