Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/12, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks incredible, as usual for you Kendall! Can't wait to get mine in.
Originally Posted by nota4re
Finally have the belt clips in stock. Also, included a picture of the production belts. (Note: I'm short on the cam-release decorative cover, so I may send you early adopters the belt set without the cam cover piece but I will follow-up with those covers as soon as I receive them. They are very easy to attach yourself.)

Anyway, here's a couple of pics.

Attachment 104551

Attachment 104552
Old 3/23/12, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Kendall,What a good guy! I just found out Kendall shipped my roll bar and belts! I hadn't even paid him yet for the belts! (I have now)
Thank you Kendall!! Very excited! Now all I need is my 2013 LS
Old 3/23/12, 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to confirm.... we shipped you the green one, right?

GOOD ONE! Dunno but now I WILL open the box.... lol
Old 3/24/12, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Just got my Race Red bar this morning, wow blown away with the quality! Am studying the instructions so I don't miscue the panels, looks like the hardest part.
Steve
Old 3/26/12, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Many new updates for those of you watching this thread. I will upload some pictures to complement and expand upon the updates summarized below.

1. We nailed the Competition Orange color (finally) so for those of you wanting a bar to match the most popular color on the Boss - this is a great choice.

2. We built and installed a bar with the optional diagonal brace that we have discussed having in the past. The diagonal bar option still allows FULL driver's seat motion and only impacts passenger seat movement 1-2". Pics are coming.

3. We have updated the instructions to include the dimensions/instructions to modify the very popular rear seat delete kit from www.rearseatdelete.com to accomodate our rear down-tubes. The results and look is simply outstanding. Pics coming.

4. We have the harness belts and clips in stock and will be shipping back-orders as soon as we receive the custom Cam covers. Expect shipment no later than Wed-Thurs.

Pics to complement the above summary coming tonight!
Old 3/26/12, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

In the previous post, I promised some pictures. So, first off, this is the bar in the Competition Orange. None of my pics are great (sorry) but the color match to the car when seen in person is pretty darn close.

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-bosscomporgcolormatch.jpg

Next up is to show the same bar with the optional diagonal brace. Note that one of our design criteria for the bar was to avoid limiting seat travel... and it is the main reason that our harness bar is kicked back ~6". With the diagonal bar option, we chose a placement that still allows full seat travel and beyond-reasonable driving recline position.

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-bossdiag1_640x480.jpg

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-boss_diag2_640x480.jpg

Now, with respect to the passenger seat, you can still slide it to the rear-most OEM position but then the seat back is a little bit upright. This is the position the seat is in in the following picture. To have a more natural recline, the seat needs to move forward 1-2 inches.... which still provides a lot of passenger leg room.

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-boss_diag_seattravel_640x480.jpg

Also want to show you a (poor) pic of the production harness that we also have available. You can notice that the cam lock cover as well as the tug straps have Boss 302 customization.

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-boss_harnesswdriver_640x480.jpg
Old 3/26/12, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Last but not least, this Competition Orange car was the first non-LS that we installed into and it was equipped with a rear seat delete kit from rearseatdelete.com. As we believe this is a popular rear seat delete kit, we updated our roll bar install instructions to give you the dimensions (and instructions) to achieve the look in this picture. The owner was VERY happy with the results!

Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek-bossrsd1_640x480.jpg
Old 3/26/12, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice pics of the bar, and the diagonal brace looks good too..

BUT, it is me or does that rear seat delete kit material look like sh*t, or is it just the way the pic was taken ?
Old 3/26/12, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Kendall
Can you post a PDF of the latest installation instructions? Thanks
Steve
Old 3/26/12, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

BUT, it is me or does that rear seat delete kit material look like sh*t, or is it just the way the pic was taken ?
Prob a little of both. Carpet may be a wee bit to furry in this kit but I also SUCK at taking pics!! Just to note that this is likely the priciest of the RSD kits - but it is made out of plastic so the good news is that it is light.
Old 3/27/12, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by davesvt2000
Had that RSD in a previous Mustang and the carpet didn't look like that!
Old 3/27/12, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

It must just be the way the pic was taken. He's offering a good kit, especially for the money.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 3/29/12, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Kendal,
Got my roll bar and belts today ! Very excited! THANK YOU!
All I need now is a car ! Hoping for my Boss in the next few weeks .
Best regards,Roketman

Last edited by roketman; 3/29/12 at 05:34 PM.
Old 3/29/12, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe the **** just needs a little tease with a brush and a hair dryer...

Kendall- One concern of mine is being able to climb in there to clean the rear window. I'm five foot fourteen and have a twelve pack, am I going to be able to finagle my big ol' *** in there to occasionally get the dirt out with the diagonal in place? It looks like it but has anyone tested this?

Leaning towards RR but still have Black as a possiblity.

I need the Boss to be at the No Fear level prior to running with 5 DOT 0 at Laguna Seca!
Old 3/29/12, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
Maybe the **** just needs a little tease with a brush and a hair dryer...

Kendall- One concern of mine is being able to climb in there to clean the rear window. I'm five foot fourteen and have a twelve pack, am I going to be able to finagle my big ol' *** in there to occasionally get the dirt out with the diagonal in place? It looks like it but has anyone tested this?

Leaning towards RR but still have Black as a possiblity.

I need the Boss to be at the No Fear level prior to running with 5 DOT 0 at Laguna Seca!
It can be done...........but thats what a 12 year old son is for......HEY you missed a spot............
Old 3/29/12, 08:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Fat Boss

Right. BTW I'll have my 10 year old trunk monkey with me and he's been trained to clean rear windows and adjust rear shocks.
Old 3/30/12, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Right. BTW I'll have my 10 year old trunk monkey with me and he's been trained to clean rear windows and adjust rear shocks.
Awesome. I'll be sure to have some tip money.
Old 3/31/12, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Kendall......FINALLY had a chance to open the box...the green looks great..LOL
Also recieved my belts and brackets today MINUS the cam lock decals......I assume you are keeping track of those who DID NOT get them...If not, please put my name on that list..they look great...hopefully I'll get a break at work and get off this messed up schedule so I will have time to install my new goodies.. AS ALWAYS a QUALITY product! Thanks, Don.
Old 3/31/12, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Don,

Yes, don't worry on the cam lock covers. With the exception of rocketman (he's special!), no one got the cam covers yet. I should have them and be able to ship week of April 9. It should take about 10 seconds or less per side to install them when they arrive. I hope the green bar is to your liking!! LOL

Last edited by nota4re; 4/1/12 at 11:50 AM.
Old 4/1/12, 10:07 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope the green bar is to your liking!! LOL

Please post pictures of the GO DADDY.COM / GREEN Roll Bar

Quick Reply: Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek