Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss has been shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/11, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
I was talking about mechanical engine, tire, brake and drivetrain nose...you know the stuff only a car with almost NO sound deadening has. Dont get me wrong I love the car but it's not as hardcore as I thought it was going to be...but if will be great for the occasional drive to work or roadtrio with the wife

I have to drive less than 6,000 miles a year so i can keep my collector insurance premium at $480/yr
What do you think of CO now that it is there in person?
Old 3/17/11, 08:29 AM
Cobra Member

Latest update from FCS, my Boss is sitting at the rail yard in Winston Salem NC awaiting truck transport to the dealer. I should just drive to Winston and pick up my car myself!
Old 3/17/11, 08:35 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
Latest update from FCS, my Boss is sitting at the rail yard in Winston Salem NC awaiting truck transport to the dealer. I should just drive to Winston and pick up my car myself!
The teamsters union would have a slight issue with that LOL.

I went to AAI where I was presented my car, but I couldnt take it home with me It had to go by union driven truck to my local dealer (10 miles from AAI)

Old 3/17/11, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome congrats!!!!!!
Old 3/17/11, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
The teamsters union would have a slight issue with that LOL.

I went to AAI where I was presented my car, but I couldnt take it home with me It had to go by union driven truck to my local dealer (10 miles from AAI)

And of course such inefficiency had nothing to do with the bankruptcy (near in Ford's case) of the Big Three
Old 3/17/11, 08:40 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by cloud9
And of course such inefficiency had nothing to do with the bankruptcy (near in Ford's case) of the Big Three
of course not! And to insinuate otherwise means your a right wing nut job who thinks all jobs shoudl be outsourced to china and you hate America!

LOL!!!!!!!
Old 3/17/11, 08:43 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It won't be long now.
Old 3/17/11, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Steve, that's great! Mine is on the way now as well. In fact I suspect that it may get here about the same time as your's arrives....
Old 3/17/11, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Steve, that's great! Mine is on the way now as well. In fact I suspect that it may get here about the same time as your's arrives....
Mark, what did Ford do to fix your situation?
Charlie
Old 3/17/11, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Charlie,
This is not confirmed, but when FCS got ahold of folks at the plant and they figured out the situation, the car was immediately loaded on a truck and shipped. This occurred yesterday; its confirmed shipped but I'm just waiting on confirmation on the shipping method. I think that it may be in Charleston, SC in a few days.
Mark
Old 3/17/11, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What am I doing wrong then?

I called FCS yesterday and spoke with a representative. We had a polite conversation where she told me the status of my Boss was updated that day (Boss went from ramp 51 to 5P). The phone call concluded with her kicking it up the chain and to expect a phone call by this Friday with an update.

A second representative called today and confirmed the status that I was given yesterday. I have a new ETA of April 11th!!! WTF!!!

The car was built three weeks ago (Feb 23) and has an ETA of four weeks from now!
Old 3/17/11, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats, Mark! You may get yours before my Mar 23rd delivery.
Old 3/17/11, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
Paul, have you driectly contacted FCS, or has your dealer been houding their rep for answers? If the answer is no, this should be priority #1.
I dont understand the August comment?

I dont want to knock your guy's dealers but this should be their job. My dealer kept track of mine like a hawk (even knowing I knew better then they did where it was because of friends, that is until they all punk'd me to suprise me at the plant).

Your dealer should be on this heavy (but if they arent you dont need to rattle their cage too hard).
Originally Posted by StillIntense
BossLS: I would most definitely ride FCS pretty hard. Things didn't start moving for me until I did this week. Dealers can check for you, and they should. But FCS is the direct connection between Ford and the customer.

I also understand your predicament with being out of town. I travel A LOT (weekly) for business, and missed the delivery of my Shelby because of this exact problem with Ford deliveries (I can manipulate my travel schedule to a certain degree, but if I don't know when its coming, I can't plan it). I was bound and determined to not have the same thing happen with the Boss.
Mark
I sent an email to FCS but did not receive anything back. I finally called yesterday and they called back today. She told me she would get back to me tomorrow. That's because people don't care. With technology being what it is she should be able to find out right away. I lose faith in humanity one person at a time. I know I need to rattle some cages a little but I just haven't until now.
On the August comment. Ford has invited the Boss 302 Registry to hold it's reunion at Corp Hqts in August and promised to make it special for the Boss 302 owners. I will voice my opinion on how Ford handles loyal customers. Now no smart remarks but I had a 63 Falcon for a daily driver once and have from a 1970 Boss to a 2011 F350. It probably won't make any difference but I'm going to give them a piece of my mind.
FCS asked my why I was buying the car in Florida because I live in Virginia. I told her because the Virginia dealers are a rip off wanting 30k over MSRP. I know Mark, you too are waiting but at least you are screaming at someone.
Old 3/17/11, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

BossLS, I think that the best advice that I can give is to present your information to the FCS folks like an attorney would. Present the situation, tell them how many Ford Vehicles you have had, ask them pointed, direct questions and then tell them what you expect to be done (within reason). For example, when I first spoke with them I laid out the situation chronologically, told them that this is third new Ford I've purchased in three years, and that given the delays and lack of information, that I expect the car to be loaded on a truck and shipped within the next 48 hours. If they pushed back on the truck, I was prepared to ask them why my window sticker says Convoy then, instead of rail.
Its like preparing a case.....and I'm not a lawyer. Try not to get angry when speaking with them, they are the messengers and trying to help us. Furthermore, based on some solid information that I've received, I think that this issue is being elevated for all of us waiting on our cars.
Old 3/17/11, 09:56 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by BossLS
I sent an email to FCS but did not receive anything back. I finally called yesterday and they called back today. She told me she would get back to me tomorrow. That's because people don't care. With technology being what it is she should be able to find out right away. I lose faith in humanity one person at a time. I know I need to rattle some cages a little but I just haven't until now.

It probably won't make any difference but I'm going to give them a piece of my mind.

I know Mark, you too are waiting but at least you are screaming at someone.
Mark didnt scream at anyone...... and his car is now on its way to him...........
Screaming and attitudes get you no where.

Your comments could mean something to Ford if they are presented in postive way rather then a "I'm gonna give you a god **** peice of my mind" attitude.

The volume of emails that FCS recieves is mind numbing. If its that important to you, calling was the better solution. making an assumption that FC or people dont care is just that an assumption.

Perhaps you may consider cutting them some slack, FCS didnt even know you had a problem till yesterday because you failed to sucessfully reach out to them and in the time that you waited to contact them you grew more and more upset. But who are you upset with? Its not FCS, they dont build the car, your upset with production/delivery. So being 10 ways of pissed off at FCS does no one (including yourself) any good.

Think about the raving looney you have seen at a customer service counter at a store somewhere, mother F'ing everyone etc. They never get the same treatment or as good a treatment as someone with a level head, a calm attitude and a little charm

Think of this if it were at your place of employement. Has anything ever not gone to plan there (of course it has). Do people get impatient/upset (sure they do) does yelling and screaming and having a pissy attitude ever make anyone more motivated to help you? (of course it doesn't)

Just food for thought.

Last edited by Stinger1982; 3/17/11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 3/17/11, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
What am I doing wrong then?

I called FCS yesterday and spoke with a representative. We had a polite conversation where she told me the status of my Boss was updated that day (Boss went from ramp 51 to 5P). The phone call concluded with her kicking it up the chain and to expect a phone call by this Friday with an update.

A second representative called today and confirmed the status that I was given yesterday. I have a new ETA of April 11th!!! WTF!!!

The car was built three weeks ago (Feb 23) and has an ETA of four weeks from now!
That makes two of us. Mine was built on the Feb 23rd also and still sits at the plant as of this morning.
Old 3/17/11, 10:42 AM
Cobra Member

Some of you sound like spoiled children. HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Geez.
Old 3/17/11, 10:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Some of you sound like spoiled children. HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Geez.
Yes Mother
Old 3/17/11, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Yes Mother

I'm just blown away by some of the whining and crying by (presumably) grown men!

FWIW I hope everyone gets their cars ASAP. I don't even have a VIN yet.

Last edited by PACETTR; 3/17/11 at 11:02 AM.
Old 3/17/11, 11:06 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
Some of you sound like spoiled children.
worse...

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!