Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss has been shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/11, 07:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006stiguy

Bad pics...but she's home!!! Oh #127 BTW!
Is the VIN 0127
Old 3/16/11, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

nah...that would've bee cool though!
Old 3/16/11, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I still might do an axle back and see, after taking the discs out could you hear the GT mufflers ?
Old 3/16/11, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Drive home was stressful as the traffic was bad. I was trying to break it in so varying the speed was difficult in traffic. The ride was nice and tight...but still plenty compliant. BTW this car IS MUCH quieter than a stock STi, 90 felt and sounded like 50. They might have removed sound deadening but its no way even slightly noisy...I was kinda disappointed it wasnn't more "raw" but the DD guys will love it.

After I hit 100 miles I dropped her into 3rd and ran her to about 7000 and then 4th and 7000 and then realized i wasn't breathing...LOL this thing pulls like a turbo after 6000!!!

Can't wait to drive ot tomorrow...
Old 3/16/11, 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Drive home was stressful as the traffic was bad. I was trying to break it in so varying the speed was difficult in traffic. The ride was nice and tight...but still plenty compliant. BTW this car IS MUCH quieter than a stock STi, 90 felt and sounded like 50. They might have removed sound deadening but its no way even slightly noisy...I was kinda disappointed it wasnn't more "raw" but the DD guys will love it.

After I hit 100 miles I dropped her into 3rd and ran her to about 7000 and then 4th and 7000 and then realized i wasn't breathing...LOL this thing pulls like a turbo after 6000!!!

Awesome ! Now I can't wait for the rest of us to get ours
Old 3/16/11, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I still might do an axle back and see, after taking the discs out could you hear the GT mufflers ?
no I couldn't, and i think with the track Key and longtubes with no cats it will be PLENTY loud. BTW this is from a guy who ran a turbo back 3" catless stright pipe on an STI...and even I AM HAPPY!!
Old 3/16/11, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

Well? Everything u hoped for?
Old 3/16/11, 07:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

So the exhaust is pretty loud stock? How was the clutch feel?

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 3/16/11 at 07:59 PM.
Old 3/16/11, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Maybe after u drop the attenuation discerning you will be happier. I kno i will
Old 3/16/11, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

**** autocorrect discs
Old 3/16/11, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Maybe after u drop the attenuation discerning you will be happier. I kno i will

I was talking about mechanical engine, tire, brake and drivetrain nose...you know the stuff only a car with almost NO sound deadening has. Dont get me wrong I love the car but it's not as hardcore as I thought it was going to be...but if will be great for the occasional drive to work or roadtrio with the wife

I have to drive less than 6,000 miles a year so i can keep my collector insurance premium at $480/yr
Old 3/17/11, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Guys, thanks again for the support and kind words: it is appreciated!

VVS updated yesterday to: "Origin Received, Tp30 Transport". Here's a question for all of you: note that it does NOT say "Received-Rail" as it did prior to "Returned to Plant". Furthermore, my window sticker still states "Convoy". Does this mean that it is coming by truck!?

I am still due a call from some manager at FCS today or tomorrow morning. Will probably have more word today on this issue.
Old 3/17/11, 07:20 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Guys, thanks again for the support and kind words: it is appreciated!

VVS updated yesterday to: "Origin Received, Tp30 Transport". Here's a question for all of you: note that it does NOT say "Received-Rail" as it did prior to "Returned to Plant". Furthermore, my window sticker still states "Convoy". Does this mean that it is coming by truck!?

I am still due a call from some manager at FCS today or tomorrow morning. Will probably have more word today on this issue.
possible, however with with FCS already having escalated this issue, your car may (I am not saying it will, but it could) take a path outside of what is stated in the forms in an attempt to get your car to you faster. FCS's job is to try to make you happy. You will need to go off what they tell you not what it says online or the forms as they can superceed all of those pesky little inconviences.

It sucks that things may have fallen through the cracks or whatever the short fall was, but when you go to AAI and you see the scale and complexity of what they do it s a miracle that its even possible and errors can happen (just like at ANYONE's work).

With FCS involved, this is their job after all, I assure you what can be done is being done. Also (I am sure you knew this) being very nice and just sounded distressed or depressed about the situation gets you waaaaaaaaaay farther with FCS, the plant, everybody. Yelling at them and that type of attitude = not in your best intrest (I am not saying you did this, just offering advice to you or any other TMS member)

Hang in there, I know its rough (I went through it with my 2011, and I went to the plant and got a ride in mine, but it still took nearly a week to make it to the dealer 10 miles from plant).

Once you have the car i your hands all this pain and suffering will be forgiven.

Last edited by Stinger1982; 3/17/11 at 07:26 AM.
Old 3/17/11, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Good advice, and also my recommendations as well. Was polite but direct with FCS and got good results.

FCS just called 5 minutes after my post above, and said that the Boss was loaded and on its way! So you're right: things can move fast when the right folks get involved.
However, she did NOT know if the car was on a truck or train, VVS will confirm either way once my dealership checks it today. If its on a truck, then it should arrive in a few days...nice!

By the way, Rehagen does great service! I have Boss 302R BBS wheels with Nitto NT-01s mounted sitting in my garage waiting for the Boss' first trip to the track. All came from Rehagen and they were perfect.
Old 3/17/11, 07:35 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by StillIntense
Good advice, and also my recommendations as well. Was polite but direct with FCS and got good results.

FCS just called 5 minutes after my post above, and said that the Boss was loaded and on its way! So you're right: things can move fast when the right folks get involved.
However, she did NOT know if the car was on a truck or train, VVS will confirm either way once my dealership checks it today. If its on a truck, then it should arrive in a few days...nice!

By the way, Rehagen does great service! I have Boss 302R BBS wheels with Nitto NT-01s mounted sitting in my garage waiting for the Boss' first trip to the track. All came from Rehagen and they were perfect.
Excellent to see the system work the way its supposed to (FCS).

You will be a very very happy man in a few days (think 5 year old on Christmas morning).

When you mount the wheels up would you mind sending me a few HIGH res photos for a Customer gallery I'm putting together for the website?
Old 3/17/11, 07:36 AM
GT Member

Mark, I feel your pain man. Mine was produced the 18th then in transit on the 19th then nothing. It was planned on a delivery of the 3rd. I think it got lost. It's nuts and I will let Ford know in August. I love hearing all you guys get excited about getting yours but if I sound jealous, I am. Starting next week I have a busy schedule for a month out of town for business so It probably will be shipped then. I am getting ma as hell.
Old 3/17/11, 07:40 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by BossLS
Mark, I feel your pain man. Mine was produced the 18th then in transit on the 19th then nothing. It was planned on a delivery of the 3rd. I think it got lost. It's nuts and I will let Ford know in August. I love hearing all you guys get excited about getting yours but if I sound jealous, I am. Starting next week I have a busy schedule for a month out of town for business so It probably will be shipped then. I am getting ma as hell.
Paul, have you driectly contacted FCS, or has your dealer been houding their rep for answers? If the answer is no, this should be priority #1.
I dont understand the August comment?

I dont want to knock your guy's dealers but this should be their job. My dealer kept track of mine like a hawk (even knowing I knew better then they did where it was because of friends, that is until they all punk'd me to suprise me at the plant).

Your dealer should be on this heavy (but if they arent you dont need to rattle their cage too hard).
Old 3/17/11, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

BossLS: I would most definitely ride FCS pretty hard. Things didn't start moving for me until I did this week. Dealers can check for you, and they should. But FCS is the direct connection between Ford and the customer.

I also understand your predicament with being out of town. I travel A LOT (weekly) for business, and missed the delivery of my Shelby because of this exact problem with Ford deliveries (I can manipulate my travel schedule to a certain degree, but if I don't know when its coming, I can't plan it). I was bound and determined to not have the same thing happen with the Boss.
Mark
Old 3/17/11, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Stinger1982: PM me your email and I'll send pics when I put the wheels on. They'll be VERY high res.
No problem.
Old 3/17/11, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, that looks great.

Last edited by dean_acheson; 3/17/11 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!