Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss has been shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/11, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark, I'm starting to get really down for your situation. Hopefully, Ford will do the right thing for you.
Old 3/16/11, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by valdeztke

BossLS - Where in VA are you? I'm eyeballing one coming in here to the NOVA area (stock order). They still don't have a deposit on it and I'm tempted to trade in the IS-F for it!
If you don't take it, let me know. I'll take it!
Old 3/16/11, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Mark, mine left Flat Rock on Monday, went to Lansing and is now sitting in Battle Creek.
I sat in Battle Creek for a day and a half. The great news is, my car is on a UP train leaving Chicago tonight and arriving near my dealer Sunday morning at 7am. I can pick it up next week sometime.

Last edited by 4pipes; 3/16/11 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 3/16/11, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks phytrpilot. Jason, the problem is that after a while one gets so aggravated you end up wanting to just walk away from the whole deal. If Ford doesn't answer the mail this week with some concrete action, you might get your wish.
Old 3/16/11, 02:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StillIntense
phytrpilot, Gary and Scott:
Ford FCS called me back about 30 minutes ago (this time it was a manager). She said that it was ridiculous that the car was still sitting. Told her that in light of this headache the only right thing to do was to load it on a truck this week and ship it to Charleston (as the window sticker stipulates). She said that this has already been passed on to her boss, who will be calling me today or tomorrow. That individual apparently CAN make that happen. My response was that they had better, or this car will go to dealer stock. Heck, in another week they WILL be sitting at dealers in my area!
More to follow when I get it. Still looking for a wood chipper though.
Mark,
I would like to think it will be loaded soon. I have read only one other car that was build a day before ours, I think it was on the Boss302 site. I'm sure there are others but ours were among the first. I think the pictures show otherwise but lets just say that the cars were buried in the lot. Mine had a lower blend number, so if you follow the "buried" theory yours should have been in front of mine.

Sounds like the same CS person is calling you, she called me about 2PM today. I still find it funny that they are including the dealer in all of this. I called today to talk with the sales manager to let him know the news but he was not in, I got transfered to the used car manager and he say is this the guy with the Boss? He then tells me that I am causing problems because this was "elevated" and the manger "got in trouble" because I called CS. Gotta love it, I never complained to CS about the dealer or anything more then lack of info. All I wanted to know is if the car will ship, if not about when will it.

As I said I am a Ford guy but this really leaves me wondering how they stay in business. Something so simple as tracking a car's movement by scanning the bar code as it moves around lots, VPC or whatever can not be done? It is not like the technology is not there, the local super market can tell when they are low on Corn Flakes and in two seconds find out when the next load is coming in, why they don't adapt this kind of policy is hard to believe, I think it would pay them back 1000 times over with happy customers.

In any case I am happy it is on the way, I hope you get the same call tomorrow.
Old 3/16/11, 03:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks phytrpilot. Jason, the problem is that after a while one gets so aggravated you end up wanting to just walk away from the whole deal. If Ford doesn't answer the mail this week with some concrete action, you might get your wish.
I was really thinking the same thing but then I got "the call". Don't know if I would have walked away for real when it came right down to it but.... Hang in there at least we know the earlys are heading out now.
Old 3/16/11, 03:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford FCS called me back about 30 minutes ago (this time it was a manager). She said that it was ridiculous that the car was still sitting. Told her that in light of this headache the only right thing to do was to load it on a truck this week and ship it to Charleston (as the window sticker stipulates). She said that this has already been passed on to her boss, who will be calling me today or tomorrow. That individual apparently CAN make that happen. My response was that they had better, or this car will go to dealer stock. Heck, in another week they WILL be sitting at dealers in my area!
Sounds like progress. Can you get the same thing done on TracKey while you're on a roll????? Still not at all happy about that. Summer is a pretty broad term....we'll be lucky to see it this season.
Old 3/16/11, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kaaden
Picking up my Blue/White Boss tomarrow from Koons Ford of Annapolis!
Awesome! just out of curiosity, was Koons putting an ADM on their Bosses?

what a headache, but I dont think you giving up the car and letting it go to dealer stock is much of a threat with how high the demand is right now for these things....
Old 3/16/11, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by smbstyle
Awesome! just out of curiosity, was Koons putting an ADM on their Bosses?
Yeah it was a crazy 15k ADM on the window sticker, but i bumped it instantly down to 5k ADM which is what Bob Bell of Glen Burnie was asking for a Boss 302 2ndQTR build.
Old 3/16/11, 03:18 PM
V6 Member

mine is still sitting and i cant get any info from fcs they call you they tell me to call my dealer ha ha this sucks 0628 bd 2/24 still at 5p
Old 3/16/11, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
I sat in Battle Creek for a day and a half. The great news is, my car is on a UP train leaving Chicago tonight and arriving near my dealer Sunday morning at 7am. I can pick it up next week sometime.
You dog! Mine had 1/3 of the distance to cover but I'm guessing next week for delivery. Good news is it just left Milwaukee and I think it's a dead head into the Twin Cities from there! Could be off the rails by tonight.....it's just after that is has to get put on a truck and driven the 250 miles to Sioux Falls.
Old 3/16/11, 03:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by proboss
mine is still sitting and i cant get any info from fcs they call you they tell me to call my dealer ha ha this sucks 0628 bd 2/24 still at 5p
Hang in there, the big question was when will Bosses ship, now we know. It opened a second question after they started why did early car not ship, was there a quality problem or something like that? Now we know that is not the case, so most likely it is just waiting for the right train car since Bosses of all build dates are moving.

One of the reasons why Mark and I had our concerns elevated was that the delivery date came and went without any updates. It was hard for the person on the other end of the phone to tell me I will have the car on 3/1 when the date was 3/9. You can ask them to elevate it but at this point just hang in there, there is no question of a blanket hold on the cars of any build date.
Old 3/16/11, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here's to hoping Mark and proboss' cars are shipped tomorrow!
Old 3/16/11, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys should wheep over to the ones that waited for their 2011 GTs. Those guys make your stories look weak.
Old 3/16/11, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cloud9
Here's to hoping Mark and proboss' cars are shipped tomorrow!
Hey, let's not stop there. How about : here's to all the built Boss's get shipped tomorrow!
Old 3/16/11, 06:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
Hey, let's not stop there. How about : here's to all the built Boss's get shipped tomorrow!
Absolutely! My bad, I didn't mean to leave anyone out!
Old 3/16/11, 06:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaaden
Yeah it was a crazy 15k ADM on the window sticker, but i bumped it instantly down to 5k ADM which is what Bob Bell of Glen Burnie was asking for a Boss 302 2ndQTR build.

No offense man, but I can't believe anyone would still pay an ADM on anything, especially in this economy. I have a feeling you will regret that by the end of the year when they are selling below MSRP.

But I am glad you are getting the car you really want.
Old 3/16/11, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry you are not getting the information, and hope it comes soon. In the meantime, maybe a drive in that supercharged GT500 would take your mind off the situation.

That's what I have been doing in my '01 supercharged Bullitt to take my mind off giving up the one I had a deposit on - ugh!

Hang in there!!
Old 3/16/11, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bad pics...but she's home!!! Oh #127 BTW!
Old 3/16/11, 06:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Are you going to freakin tell us about the drive home?

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!