Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss has been shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/11, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
This little mystery has been solved. I bought the car from a dealer in San Diego and it was being shipped to my local dealer in Indiana. I just got a call from my dealer and he had some good news and bad news. The good news is that he knew exactly where my car was, the bad news was that it was in Iowa headed for California.

Somehow Ford screwed up the order and it's getting shipped to the original dealer. They are trying to make it right and will pay for the shipping to get it to me. I just hate the thought of someone else loading and unloading my car and then driving 2200 miles with it. I asked if it was going to be an enclosed trailer and if not, I would pay the difference. It's not like it is a quick trip either, they usually have a lot of cars to deliver so it's never a direct shot.

I thought about flying out there and driving it back but the tires have me a little spooked. They aren't suppose to be driven in the rain or cold temps. I would more than likely get into both going over the Rockies. I'll see what the dealer says about the type of delivery and go from there.
Good news! Just got this from the Dealer.
"Hi Dean,

Good news, Ford realized that they had messed up and caught the mistake this morning. They have put a stop on the vehicle to be diverted in Kansas City and returned to Indiana. I am to be updated once it has been turned around. This should mean that it will be there next week , hopefully."

What a relief!
Old 3/14/11, 07:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Mark, Fuhrious, 4pipes, Gary; Ole 2933 has been loaded on Canadian National Railcar #711631! Wahoo. Unfortunately the engine has to restock the coal bin every 50 miles which explains the March 23 delivery. At least it's moving guys.
Hey congrats!!!! Now you'll be calling that 800 number every ten minutes like me
Old 3/14/11, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
3227 finally made it to Calumet City, Il. Waiting for my Union Pacific ride to Benicia, Ca. ETA is now 3/23. Was 3/19, not too bad. It's amazing how many stops it made getting from Flatrock to Calumet.
Well mine is already in Eola, IL so looks like CO is faster
Old 3/14/11, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

"Hi Dean,

Good news, Ford realized that they had messed up and caught the mistake this morning. They have put a stop on the vehicle to be diverted in Kansas City and returned to Indiana. I am to be updated once it has been turned around. This should mean that it will be there next week , hopefully."

What a relief!
Whew! Congrats Dean! Great news, but I bet your ETA isn't a day before mine anymore. You thought your car was only going 180 miles to my 800........NEVER MIND!
Old 3/14/11, 08:42 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by StillIntense
By the way, on another thread OAC Sparky told another member something inappropriate. Then he told one of the moderators the same when the moderator explained the inappropriateness. Hence he got banned.
Can you please post the link to the thread?
Old 3/14/11, 08:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Can you please post the link to the thread?
I think that thread was moved out of public viewing
Old 3/15/11, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

"Hi Dean,

What a relief!
Congrats Dean,
I'm glad that he was able to assist you.
Old 3/15/11, 08:27 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
No, he's listed as banned. I tried to go back in his posts to see if someone explained why he got the boot. I'm surprised to be honest.
I would say that he had a bad day yesterday. He took offense to someone's comments, lit into them, got warned, responded to that, then "banned himself" from the site. His response to the warning sealed the deal for him. The thread is still there, but all the (un)relevant posts have been removed. It's all quite sad, really. I'd rather not take sides in this, so I'm leaving it at that.

Last edited by PTRocks; 3/15/11 at 10:49 AM.
Old 3/15/11, 08:48 AM
Cobra Member

Was it the "tune/warranty" thread?
Old 3/15/11, 09:52 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Was it the "tune/warranty" thread?
No, it was the 'my car arrived but...' thread.
Old 3/15/11, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Seems like everyone is seeing theirs ship. My LS was produced on the 18th and still sitting there. Sure wish I knew what the problem was. Anyone heard of any problems?
Old 3/15/11, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

No problems that I've heard of - It could be that since LSs have more done to them at VPC than just the stripes, so they are at VPC longer than the std Boss.
Old 3/15/11, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

As of 8 this morning, unbelievably, my car is still "Returned to Plant" for the seventh straight day. On Thursday, it will be 30 days since the car was released from the plant. Completely unsatisfactory.
Old 3/15/11, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

That plain sucks. Hang in there.
Old 3/15/11, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

As of 8 this morning, unbelievably, my car is still "Returned to Plant" for the seventh straight day. On Thursday, it will be 30 days since the car was released from the plant. Completely unsatisfactory.
Keep in mind the plant was closed all of last week.
Old 3/15/11, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, except that the car was already built and at the ramp three weeks before the plant closed! And it was moved back to the plant WHILE THE PLANT WAS CLOSED. Car was released from the plant on 17 February.

On the other hand, just talked to Courtney at FCS and she was very helpful. She determined that the car was NOT being held because of some damage or mechanical issue. Simply appeared to be a QC inspection. She said that it was ridiculous for it to be there so long, and elevated the issue. I'm supposed to receive a phone call in the next 48 hours to tell me how they are unscrewing this situation.
Old 3/15/11, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

BossLS: I feel your pain brother. See my thread just under yours.
4pipes: thanks! I feel better just as soon as I beat the !@#$ out of someone.
Old 3/15/11, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK to ship was given the Friday before the plant closed, so the cars that had been officially turned over to transportation before close of business on Friday were the ones that made it out by the end of the week. The floodgates are now open, and I believe the plant is running again, so things should be moving along.

I'm waiting along with the rest of you - mine finished the main build about a week before the shutdown, but hasn't hit VPC yet for final LS modification. Then after that it has a QC audit. I can't even guesstimate it's arrival to my dealer.
Old 3/15/11, 02:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, except that the car was already built and at the ramp three weeks before the plant closed! And it was moved back to the plant WHILE THE PLANT WAS CLOSED. Car was released from the plant on 17 February.

On the other hand, just talked to Courtney at FCS and she was very helpful. She determined that the car was NOT being held because of some damage or mechanical issue. Simply appeared to be a QC inspection. She said that it was ridiculous for it to be there so long, and elevated the issue. I'm supposed to receive a phone call in the next 48 hours to tell me how they are unscrewing this situation.
Yea they call me every two days just to say we still do not know what is going on with your car but I am looking into it and will call back in two days. Seems all the 15.16,17 build dates are not moving. It is not like the lot is full there, the pics prove that.
Old 3/15/11, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well mine has been stuck in Bensonville, IL since 7:30 last night. That's the fourth stop in IL and it's still not out of the state! Not only that, it's now on CPRS (Canadian Pacific Rail System) instead of CN. The waiting continues.........

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!