Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss has been shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/11, 02:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phytrpilot
Mark, as a reminder to those railcar tracking; 800-235-2352, automated response. For Canadian National rail, car initials are ETTX, then it asks for car #. Slick system.
Mine was Canadian National but the prefix was SP....but when your dealer gives you the info from VV it will have the car's prefix and number.
Old 3/17/11, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand corrected. Thanks
Old 3/17/11, 02:41 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud9
Didn't know you were waiting for a Boss
Doesn't matter friend... I've been through the waiting process myself and I'll post where I want. I've been posting nicely and to have some fun.

No wonder TMS is so slow these days...
Old 3/17/11, 03:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Doesn't matter friend... I've been through the waiting process myself and I'll post where I want. I've been posting nicely and to have some fun.

Slow as a bullitt
Old 3/17/11, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

I think you're being a little too hard on yourself
You give me WAY too much credit
Old 3/17/11, 03:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
hmmm
Old 3/17/11, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll bite, WTF is TMS.
Old 3/17/11, 04:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
I'll bite, WTF is TMS.
The Mustang Source
Old 3/17/11, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Mustang Source
I knew that.
Old 3/17/11, 04:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StillIntense
I believe that a miracle has occurred in the saga of my Boss:

"In Transit," "Received-Obob2241 (Csx Transportation)," "Ramp 5P, New Boston, MI," "Mar-17-2011, 14:23 ET."

Now I just need a rail car number. I guess this means no truck......darn the luck!

Mark, call them back. They gave me the rail car number the other day. I am sure they have it. To be honest I really don't care at this point, all I wanted to know if it was on the way. I have no control over the rails and don't want to stress it. I am just glad it is coming

IMHO, I don't see whining here, people are frustrated at the lack of info. I wonder if people working at car dealers would question and maybe even get upset if you ordered a TV online, then when it does not arrive you call on the 9Th and they tell you it will be at your house the first. Somehow I feel they would question what the hell is going on. I guess car dealers are exempt from customer service
Old 3/17/11, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Mark, call them back. They gave me the rail car number the other day. I am sure they have it. To be honest I really don't care at this point, all I wanted to know if it was on the way. I have no control over the rails and don't want to stress it. I am just glad it is coming

IMHO, I don't see whining here, people are frustrated at the lack of info. I wonder if people working at car dealers would question and maybe even get upset if you ordered a TV online, then when it does not arrive you call on the 9Th and they tell you it will be at your house the first. Somehow I feel they would question what the hell is going on. I guess car dealers are exempt from customer service

You order TV's from retailers who generally will have them in stock.

If I ordered, for example, a 60" Panasonic 3D television that didn't require any sort of glasses and was not even in production yet, I wouldn't be ordering it from the manufacturer, I would be ordering it from Best Buy. Best Buy would likely tell me it was on backorder until it shipped and they knew when it would arrive. I wouldn't be on the phone with Panasonic telling them how they should or shouldn't run their manufacturing and/or shipping process, and telling all my tech buddies about how lousy Panasonic is and how important I was as a customer.

ALL customers are important. You aren't buying your car from Ford, you are buying it from the dealer. You(we) are fortunate to have as much information available on this site as we do from the manufacturer standpoint, but IMO some people take it for granted and/or abuse it by calling FCS, dealers, etc and complaining about something that shouldn't be your(our) concern.

That's what Best Buy is for

I sincerely hope you get your car soon and enjoy driving the gas out of it
Old 3/17/11, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
I would be ordering it from Best Buy. Best Buy would likely tell me it was on backorder until it shipped and they knew when it would arrive.
Exactly they would tell you something.

I just don't see the point of calling people here spoiled children, no one is directing the problems at you or even dealers in general.

Some people are upset about the lack of any info and this is about as good of a place to vent it. Anyway it is no big deal, not every body sees the same thing the same way. I am sure you are a good guy and my opinion is just my opinion.
Old 3/17/11, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
What do you think of CO now that it is there in person?
really glad I got it. almost switched to white and my wife said it was cool driving home because it stood out so much...
Old 3/17/11, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Exactly they would tell you something.

I just don't see the point of calling people here spoiled children, no one is directing the problems at you or even dealers in general.

Some people are upset about the lack of any info and this is about as good of a place to vent it. Anyway it is no big deal, not every body sees the same thing the same way. I am sure you are a good guy and my opinion is just my opinion.

If you called your DEALER they would tell you something; it hasn't shipped yet. As I said, we are fortunate to have access to as much info from FORD as we do. If you called Panasonic you would be lucky to get an automated response at best, and I bet Best Buy can't tell you the production date and/or location of a TV at the Panasonic plant.

I'm sympathetic, believe me, but reading some of these comments makes me cringe. I won't lose any sleep, and I'm not trying to hurt any feelers; just trying to shed a little light and get some people to loosen up a bit. After all, we all share a similar passion. I joined the site in 04 when the 05's were set to come out and I had ordered a car for my girlfriend that I proposed to her in the night it was delivered. Think I was a bit anxious? And those cars didn't hit til late October/Early November.

Originally Posted by 2006stiguy
really glad I got it. almost switched to white and my wife said it was cool driving home because it stood out so much...
That's what I'm talkin bout!

Last edited by PACETTR; 3/17/11 at 05:48 PM.
Old 3/17/11, 06:24 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by PACETTR
and I'm not trying to hurt any feelers; just trying to shed a little light and get some people to loosen up a bit. After all, we all share a similar passion.
Right. It's fun to watch guys get their new cars. But it is interesting how some are kind of edgy.

Mustang enthusiasts like all Mustangs - regardless of which 'club' they're in. I've been hooked since the '65 2+2 so I've seen 'em all come and go. And I got the one I want - I don't want a Boss or a 5.0 or I'd order one - but that doesn't mean I'm not excited to see the Boss or other SE's or newer models arrive.

Good vibes, good fun = more members posting. What happened to these days? (as Bullitt's were hitting the streets...)

>>> Most users ever online was 1,102, 4/1/08 at 11:37 AM.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/17/11 at 06:34 PM.
Old 3/17/11, 06:29 PM
Post *****

It looks great!
Old 3/17/11, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine was Canadian National but the prefix was SP....but when your dealer gives you the info from VV it will have the car's prefix and number.
If we only had dealers as good as yours I bet there be a lot less "venting".
Old 3/17/11, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good to hear. I still can't believe I ordered an orange car I'm sure I'll love it too.
Old 3/17/11, 06:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MJockey
If we only had dealers as good as yours I bet there be a lot less "venting".
I have a GREAT dealer. Clearly all dealers are not created equal. I am disappointed with the lack of info a lot of the guys here are getting from their dealers. I can understand their frustration. Of course, owning a dealership myself in another industry, I can relate and we do everything we can to keep our customers informed. s..t happens in manufacturing, but the key is managing your customer's expectations, keeping them informed and providing workarounds when you can.
Old 3/17/11, 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm sure I'll love it too.

Can't wait to see it in person, I'm sure the pictures do not do it justice. I saw a lava red today at the dealer. It is a 2012 but has a VIN of 199977, anyway I really like it but it looks black until you really get next to it. That was in bright sun so I wonder what it looks like at dusk. It is interesting to say the least and looked way different in pictures I saw.

Last edited by 2012YellowBoss; 3/17/11 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!