2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/13, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
I was thinking the exact same thing, show us Fusion-like then surprise us with something really stunning and very Mustang.

God I just hope were right!
I think we are. It's the old ploy of under promise and over deliver.
Old 7/5/13, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unless Ford wants the Mustang to go the way of the Probe they better hope that its not as the Photoshops depict. Hell if I was Ford I would throw together some body parts from different models as shown in earlier mule pictures just to knock people off the scent. Who's is to say what we have seen driving around even with the pads on it is even the real deal. They need to test out the mechanical and the computer updates no need to even put the new uni-body on a car at this point.. And if they did why would they have to take it out on the public road. We know they have tests tracks etc.. I hope it has been all smoke and mirrors so far. I want to add I do love how Ford has stepped up their game with the current product line, But the Mustang has never been and I hope will never be is the realm of standard issue for the public but popular due to the fact they are different then the rest of the Ford line up and different enough from the other cars on the road to continue to be iconic. Just my .02
Old 7/5/13, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Chaps.............remember Ford have said NOTHING in regards to S550, never mind them trying to make us believe it's be Fusion-like.

Everything we've seen to date, every render and sketch has been produced by non-Ford people......just enthusiasts just like you and me.

And I don't believe anyone can look at a camo'd prototype and say, hand on heart, that looks like a Fusion. It looks more like a garbage truck than a Fusion!

Sure, some people claim to have seen it, but I suspect their descriptions are a little lacking. The recent reports that it will look "stunning" give me confidence.
Old 7/5/13, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Can one of you photoshop experts or artists do a quick sketch of a modern New Edge front? Little more bulked up, little smoother, somethin like the new Accord headlights, and other good bits of Mustang
I think a modified 2013 c63 amg headlight would look way better
Old 7/5/13, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Chaps.............remember Ford have said NOTHING in regards to S550, never mind them trying to make us believe it's be Fusion-like.

Everything we've seen to date, every render and sketch has been produced by non-Ford people......just enthusiasts just like you and me.

And I don't believe anyone can look at a camo'd prototype and say, hand on heart, that looks like a Fusion. It looks more like a garbage truck than a Fusion!

Sure, some people claim to have seen it, but I suspect their descriptions are a little lacking. The recent reports that it will look "stunning" give me confidence.

^this!!! and who's to say the leaks are not paid to give mis-information. Ford has kept a tight lid on this car because it is the 50th ani edition. They can and want to bring it in like the 1st mustang with overwhelming "OMG... I want one!!!" from Current Mustang owners and new prospective owners all within the price range we and Johnny Public expect. I mention Price range because some of the renderings I have seen would definitely not be in the budget of what they will be providing with side scoop openings etc.. it has to be mass produced.. I think we will find out if their are Alien's in Area 51 before someone at Ford lets the cat out of the bag.. Ok.. now I am up to .04 cents..
Old 7/5/13, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I don't get all the whining about it looking like the Fusion...

1. The Fusion is a HOT car, and I'd say it and the Mazda 6 are two of the most beautiful, attainable, cars on the road.

2. The original Mustang clearly showed it Falcon roots on its front end, with an obviously unique look, but you can tell where it came from. Yes the 2015 isn't based on the Fusion platform, but tying the car in with the rest of the family makes sense. Another example of this, Fox Mustang and LTD.

I agree the Fusion is a great looking car but it's a great looking 4 door sedan, NOT a Mustang. Why can't Ford have two great looking cars that are unique to each other?

You can't be serious about the Falcon? The original Mustang looked nothing like a Falcon. They shared a frame but nothing stylistically at all other than they both had round headlights...oh and it says F O R D on the hood! See below '64 Falcon vs '64-1/2 Mustang
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-1964-ford-falcon.jpg   2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-1964_ford_mustang_standard_coupe-pic-6626236976798751902.jpg  
Old 7/5/13, 05:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I got into a discussion on one of the other forums about the direction the new S550 will go. I think we can expect a design similar to the current mustang, with an updated "fusion-like" front end. It's just going to be strange not having the retro-styling anymore...shocking to us 05-2014 guys lol

-Nick C.
It'll be closer to 'retro', as people like calling it, than a foxbody..
More modern lines. Just like any change, I'm sure people will love it or hate it and everything inbetween. ALWAYS happens.

I remember when the 05 came out, I loved it... but I can tell you how often we got the stink eye from the fox body crowd. It's like we had the plague. And it wasn't just because it was more heritage looking.
Old 7/5/13, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Lol @ foxbody owners hating on the look of any car, let alone the S197.
Old 7/7/13, 04:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
It'll be closer to 'retro', as people like calling it, than a foxbody..
More modern lines. Just like any change, I'm sure people will love it or hate it and everything inbetween. ALWAYS happens.

I remember when the 05 came out, I loved it... but I can tell you how often we got the stink eye from the fox body crowd. It's like we had the plague. And it wasn't just because it was more heritage looking.
That's pretty funny considering how ugly as sin fox Mustangs were.
Old 7/8/13, 08:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Unless Ford wants the Mustang to go the way of the Probe they better hope that its not as the Photoshops depict...
This thread has some interesting comments and views, guys! Now, I get to entertain you a little.

Watch these:

I can’t wait for info on the 2015s to start coming out!

Deysha
Old 7/8/13, 10:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Ok I know this has no new information that we don't already know, but I was bored so I made it for those who are just learning about the new car...lol
Old 7/9/13, 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've been active on Mustang discussion boards since 1997 and every redesign that the Mustang has had the same reaction...People Hate it or People love it...and 25-40% of the people who say they hate it warm up to it after a year or so.

I'm sure that the new 2015 Mustang is going to look fine...the render posted is pretty good IMO, but its also "too soft, but nothing a change in a crease or grill couldn't fix.
Old 7/9/13, 12:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GT98
I've been active on Mustang discussion boards since 1997 and every redesign that the Mustang has had the same reaction...People Hate it or People love it...and 25-40% of the people who say they hate it warm up to it after a year or so.

I'm sure that the new 2015 Mustang is going to look fine...the render posted is pretty good IMO, but its also "too soft, but nothing a change in a crease or grill couldn't fix.
Old 7/9/13, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I agree during the 80ies I hated the look of the foxbody as well as in the early 2000's I also hated the New Edge, However when I got back into the mustang area I started to appreciate and like both those models.
Old 7/10/13, 05:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overall Shape
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-test2.jpg  
Old 7/10/13, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Overall Shape
Camo or not that is looking more Notch back than fast back. Could be a very nice change front he not really either that we have had.
Old 7/10/13, 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-evostang3.jpg  

Last edited by Topnotch; 7/10/13 at 11:54 AM.
Old 7/10/13, 06:34 AM
GTR Member

Nice work, Sean.

The last one now has nice XK overtones to the body surfacing. I'd expect a little more "edge", but who knows.

Either way, nice render
Old 7/10/13, 06:39 AM
GTR Member

I still quite like your C&D re-work.

Perhaps the side window outline needs updating, but still has the "edge" I'm thinking of.

Old 7/10/13, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Rims look familiar....

Last edited by Topnotch; 7/10/13 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread