2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/13, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
To my knowledge, only the current GT/CS comes standard with side scoops, unless you buy the optional styling package.
He keeps referring to fake side scoops but I guess he's referring to the c-scoop indent? As you say, for the S197, fake scoops have only ever been offered as an option or part of a package to begin with.
Old 7/4/13, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
He keeps referring to fake side scoops but I guess he's referring to the c-scoop indent? As you say, for the S197, fake scoops have only ever been offered as an option or part of a package to begin with.
The c-scoops are a style line, there's nothing "fake" about them until you adorn them with a fake vent louvre.
Old 7/4/13, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
The c-scoops are a style line, there's nothing "fake" about them until you adorn them with a fake vent louvre.
Oh, I agree completely.
Old 7/4/13, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Found this on mustang6
I showed this to my 11 year old son and stated this might be the new Stang. And I quote "Ewww that looks a Fusion!" That being said, he likes the Fusion and so do I but there is a lot of Fusion/Evos there and not enough Stang IMHO. I really like the shape but the grill and headlamps are too similar. But I am sure if you give me a few months it will grow on me...
Old 7/5/13, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 908ssp
I've seen pictures of the 2014 Mustang. ...
While that's an interesting design, if you took the running pony out of the grill, nothing about that car says "Mustang" to me, personally. Looks like a mash up of a GTO, Camaro, and Fusion.

I notice you didn't make any reference to Aston Martin when describing what you saw... Was there no obvious Aston influence in the design you saw? Any other details you can recall?
Old 7/5/13, 06:46 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 908ssp
It has to appeal to a wide range of people and with a doodad here and there can do that.
It's amazing what can happen if you change a front clip, or add a crease here or there.
You can turn boring into aggressive very easily.
Old 7/5/13, 07:17 AM

I hear a lot of the "it's too fusion" whining coming along here. IMHO, I can see some fusion in the grill and headlights...yes that is a big part of the car but I also see that they have their own subtle differences too, the front has been squished a little, the hood and proportions of the front end are longer, the front end has a straighter line to the grill, the fog lights are accented with more masculine lines.

On the other hand, I look at the rear fender lines and especially with the rendering in white, I see some Bentley coupe in there with the pronounced, yet sleek hip design. I don't see a problem with it if this is the next mustang. These renderings would make a great base model look. Add a little extra flair for the GT like they do now (even just hood intake and extra set of lights in the front)...I don't see an issue. It is sleek, curvy, muscular, sexy, but understated IMHO and as a base mustang I can see that. There is still some mustang in there.
Old 7/5/13, 07:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
It's amazing what can happen if you change a front clip, or add a crease here or there.
You can turn boring into aggressive very easily.
My thoughts exactly.

There are a number of renderings like the yellow one above, all slightly different. However, if you were to try and describe the different styling elements (rear 3/4 window shape, lack of side scoop, Fusion/Aston front end) chances are you could be describing any of them.

So, I think there's a chance the styling elements are accurate on some of them, but it'll be the body surfacing and proportions that will turn a relatively staid design (such as that yellow one) into a stunner.

I still have faith that S550 will blow our socks off.
Old 7/5/13, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I don't get all the whining about it looking like the Fusion...

1. The Fusion is a HOT car, and I'd say it and the Mazda 6 are two of the most beautiful, attainable, cars on the road.

2. The original Mustang clearly showed it Falcon roots on its front end, with an obviously unique look, but you can tell where it came from. Yes the 2015 isn't based on the Fusion platform, but tying the car in with the rest of the family makes sense. Another example of this, Fox Mustang and LTD.
Old 7/5/13, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I don't get all the whining about it looking like the Fusion...

1. The Fusion is a HOT car, and I'd say it and the Mazda 6 are two of the most beautiful, attainable, cars on the road.

2. The original Mustang clearly showed it Falcon roots on its front end, with an obviously unique look, but you can tell where it came from. Yes the 2015 isn't based on the Fusion platform, but tying the car in with the rest of the family makes sense. Another example of this, Fox Mustang and LTD.
Very good point!
I will like it no matter what they do. I'm just excited.
Old 7/5/13, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix7
I hear a lot of the "it's too fusion" whining coming along here. IMHO, I can see some fusion in the grill and headlights...yes that is a big part of the car but I also see that they have their own subtle differences too, the front has been squished a little, the hood and proportions of the front end are longer, the front end has a straighter line to the grill, the fog lights are accented with more masculine lines.

On the other hand, I look at the rear fender lines and especially with the rendering in white, I see some Bentley coupe in there with the pronounced, yet sleek hip design. I don't see a problem with it if this is the next mustang. These renderings would make a great base model look. Add a little extra flair for the GT like they do now (even just hood intake and extra set of lights in the front)...I don't see an issue. It is sleek, curvy, muscular, sexy, but understated IMHO and as a base mustang I can see that. There is still some mustang in there.
I shouldn't have to squint to see that it's a Mustang. I shouldn't have to study the body to determine if it's a Mustang or Fusion.
I don't want a 50 year old automotive icon being based off from a mid size sedan that has only been around since 2006.
Old 7/5/13, 12:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
I shouldn't have to squint to see that it's a Mustang. I shouldn't have to study the body to determine if it's a Mustang or Fusion.
I don't want a 50 year old automotive icon being based off from a mid size sedan that has only been around since 2006.
Even if it was....
It's based on a DESIGN LANGUAGE, not the car itself.
The 2013 fusion just happens to be one of the first cars to carry that new language.

Even if it has the same over shape type, it can look completely different based on where the lines are and the angle of those lines. just sayin'
Old 7/5/13, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have confidence that Ford can pull it off. I understand what you mean by design language. As stated previously by people who claim to have seen it, it will be stunning. The white rendering is not stunning.
Somewhere, the designers are laughing at us as we try to disect the info available at this time.
Old 7/5/13, 12:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
I have confidence that Ford can pull it off. I understand what you mean by design language. As stated previously by people who claim to have seen it, it will be stunning. The white rendering is not stunning.
Somewhere, the designers are laughing at us as we try to disect the info available at this time.
None of the base models of the mustang are stunning. The white car is clean. I'm sure the higher models will look even better than the base model whatever it becomes
Old 7/5/13, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I disagree. I think the V6 Mustang is stunning. I see them coming at me down the road and I can't wait until it gets closer. I still wouldn't buy one as this will be a secondary vehicle for me and my truck has close to 500hp.
Old 7/5/13, 01:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I got into a discussion on one of the other forums about the direction the new S550 will go. I think we can expect a design similar to the current mustang, with an updated "fusion-like" front end. It's just going to be strange not having the retro-styling anymore...shocking to us 05-2014 guys lol

-Nick C.
Old 7/5/13, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think ford wants everyone to believe that it has the fusion front end but I doubt it will have..
Old 7/5/13, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I think ford wants everyone to believe that it has the fusion front end but I doubt it will have..
^This. By the way, your car looks good after the repairs.
Old 7/5/13, 01:40 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can one of you photoshop experts or artists do a quick sketch of a modern New Edge front? Little more bulked up, little smoother, somethin like the new Accord headlights, and other good bits of Mustang
Old 7/5/13, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I was thinking the exact same thing, show us Fusion-like then surprise us with something really stunning and very Mustang.

God I just hope were right!

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread