2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/13, 10:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Oh........................my...................... ..goodness!

Dude, it looks like a Camaro. Really!
Old 3/22/13, 01:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Dude, not to me it doesn't. Really!

Old 3/22/13, 04:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No matter what rendering that is posted someone says it looks to much like another car. To much like an evo, fusion, aston, camaro, genesis or to much like the current car. Its going to resemble something.
Old 3/22/13, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
No matter what rendering that is posted someone says it looks to much like another car. To much like an evo, fusion, aston, camaro, genesis or to much like the current car. Its going to resemble something.

In this case, then would it not be preferrable for it to resemble ... oh i dont know ... perhaps a mustang since it is ... well ... a mustang?

Thus freeing up ford designers to make an evo model that resembles the evo, and a fusion that resembles a fusion, and perhaps a whole new vehicle that would resemble an aston (perhaps a new lincoln) - or just let the aston designers make aston models that resemble astons and let lincoln and ford design something to compete with astons rather than just cloning them (thats more of a china thing anyway).
Old 3/22/13, 08:42 AM
Cobra R Member

The new York auto show is next week, I wonder if Ford will discuss the next mustang. Chevy is going to reveal an updated camaro so it would be good to hear some mustang news.
Old 3/22/13, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
The new York auto show is next week, I wonder if Ford will discuss the next mustang. Chevy is going to reveal an updated camaro so it would be good to hear some mustang news.
Would be awesome if they released some info or had some sort of concept there to steal some of Chevy's thunder.
Old 3/22/13, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by conv_stang

Would be awesome if they released some info or had some sort of concept there to steal some of Chevy's thunder.
Ford will be there even though they are not on the press conference schedule...when asked about Mustang news I've been told to wait and see...
Old 3/22/13, 09:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Ford will be there even though they are not on the press conference schedule...when asked about Mustang news I've been told to wait and see...
Is that a tease of a tease?
Old 3/22/13, 09:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Is that a tease of a tease?
I hope so...
Old 3/22/13, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

This was why I put the simple change in the chop I posted.,.
Old 3/22/13, 09:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by b_btrick

In this case, then would it not be preferrable for it to resemble ... oh i dont know ... perhaps a mustang since it is ... well ... a mustang?

Thus freeing up ford designers to make an evo model that resembles the evo, and a fusion that resembles a fusion, and perhaps a whole new vehicle that would resemble an aston (perhaps a new lincoln) - or just let the aston designers make aston models that resemble astons and let lincoln and ford design something to compete with astons rather than just cloning them (thats more of a china thing anyway).
They can't just keep copying "retro". Not but so many times you can redo a design. Ford needs to expand the mustang heritage or its going to get stale. The fox body is one of the most popular cars. But it looks nothing like any other mustang. The mustang is always gonna have mustang design cues. Tail lights, long hood short deck, running pony, V8. The reason all the renders look like other cars is because so many designers are trying to copy the mustang. Will ford **** off people? Absolutely, bc everyone wants the mustang to copy the 67 Mustang etc. I hated the 2010 + redesign. But the more I saw it the more I liked it and bought a 2012. It's a cohesive design and works well. I think once we see the real deal we are gonna be blown away. Gonna be something all new, yet scream mustang. Chevy is worried, we have caught them in sales, kill them in price, and at the drag strip. Now we will get even lighter, prob an increase in power and get handling to match? The mustang is Fords heritage...ford doesn't have to worry about the mustang stepping on the toes of another car.
Old 3/22/13, 11:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by b_btrick
This is the $64 question - depending on who you ask, people will hone in on different styling elements and people's definitions of "THE LIST" that define it seem to change.

For me, "look like a Mustang" means "long hood, short deck, C-scallop on the sides, fastback roofline, forward slanted-grille with 4 round headlights. If you ask someone who grew up on '79-'93 Mustangs, then only a subset applies.

So, what one of us think is definitive might not match someone else's vision.
Old 3/22/13, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I also think it "looks like a Mustang". Why?

1) fastback roofline
2) pony in the grille
3) side scallop (although they it isn't C-shaped)

What are the styling elements that "look like a Camaro"?
Old 3/22/13, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They can't just keep copying "retro". Not but so many times you can redo a design. Ford needs to expand the mustang heritage or its going to get stale.
Not being argumentative, but what does "retro" mean to you in the context of the current design?

The fox body is one of the most popular cars. But it looks nothing like any other mustang.
I agree. However, if you ask someone what a Mustang looks like, and that's all they've known, they might say "it looks like a Mustang".

The mustang is always gonna have mustang design cues. Tail lights, long hood short deck, running pony, V8.
Looking at both the Mustang II and Fox cars, they meet this criteria list. However, the Mustang II gets matched up against Pintos for styling often, does it not?

The reason all the renders look like other cars is because so many designers are trying to copy the mustang. Will ford **** off people? Absolutely, bc everyone wants the mustang to copy the 67 Mustang etc. I hated the 2010 + redesign. But the more I saw it the more I liked it and bought a 2012. It's a cohesive design and works well.
Why did you not like it at first? What did you see later than changed your mind?

I think once we see the real deal we are gonna be blown away. Gonna be something all new, yet scream mustang. Chevy is worried, we have caught them in sales, kill them in price, and at the drag strip. Now we will get even lighter, prob an increase in power and get handling to match? The mustang is Fords heritage...ford doesn't have to worry about the mustang stepping on the toes of another car.
I agree that Mustang is part of Ford's ''heritage". In my opinion, the stylists had a heck of a time walking that fine line between giving a nod back to it and moving forward from it. I hope that walked that line and didn't fall off it!
Old 3/22/13, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

I've been saying for years, the Camaro looks like a Mustang. Well not completley but I mean it was designed to be Chevy 's answer to Ford's sucess. Ford invented the segment and they all contain some similar themes no matrer if it wears a bow tie or blue oval. Chevy had to take a risk and go somewhat exreme with the new Camaro and it worked, look at the sales numbers. I don't doubt that Ford will take the same path to some extent next time around but I would argue that they also have more heritage to draw from.
Old 3/22/13, 11:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Lol for the 2010-2012 the rear definitely, and the dark plastic along the bottom. And most of them I saw had the chrome headlight bezels. The more I saw of them the more the black trim made the car look even smaller. And the tail lights while not great didn't bother me as much.

As far as the retro...I guess it's that so many people just want almost an exact copy of whichever 60's model they love. Don't get me wrong I love the original cars, and the 05-09 were great. The 2010+ took the 05-09 and modernized it a bit. Would like ford to go toward the future.
And yes the fox and mustang 2 met those criteria. And the 2 did look like a modified pinto. But the fox went out on a limb. While aesthetically not as pretty as the 65-70.
I think ford has a great chance to re-invent the mustang like they did with the original and still retain what we like about the mustang.

Last edited by conv_stang; 3/22/13 at 11:53 AM.
Old 3/22/13, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was not a big fan of any US auto maker in the 80ies and early 90's at the time. However my appreciation to what people have created out of those cars is to be admired. That said a lot of the new cars are trying like hell to compete for the Market share that Mustang created, Every Japanese/Korean auto maker has been trying for years with their proclaimed Mustang killer. Chevy and Chrysler got back in it because of the success of the S197's. I am pretty positive Ford will not disappoint considering its track history with the Mustang even though at one point they were thinking about scrapping it with the Probe. I am surprised they have kept it as tight of a secret as they have but again like was said has all the auto makers out there just as perplexed and that fact makes me smile. Since no one knows exactly what the full look will be all the renderings truthfully are moot. Will be fun to look back to see if anyone was close however.
Old 3/22/13, 12:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's already pics of the '15 right here on TMS..

https://themustangsource.com/ads/74-78/index.htm

Last edited by cinque35; 3/22/13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 3/22/13, 01:22 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
there's already pics of the '15 right here on TMS..

https://themustangsource.com/ads/74-78/index.htm
I saw the comment before i saw the picture... I got really excited for a sec.........
Old 3/22/13, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hahaha...priceless

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread