2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang Articles

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/13, 06:39 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by bryman
I am hoping for something more aggressive too. Looks like more estrogen than testosterone there.
HA HA!! Yes, it does.
Old 6/30/13, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A car should be feminine. There nothing here that fender flares or a few front and rear changes couldn't fix for those needing more aggression. Me, I'll be happy if it drives that way.
Old 6/30/13, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle

I've never understood how people were attracted to the foxbody, let alone want it reborn.
It was a great car, only because of what it followed and the 5.0.
Old 6/30/13, 07:35 PM
Cobra R Member

The best Fox body car was the Capri. It looked decent. The Mustang was, I'm sorry, kinda ugly. Especially when compared to the Camaro of the same era. The Players cars and IROCs were especially brilliant looking. Nothing like a Camaro just like the Fox was nothing like a Mustang but at least the F body was sexy.
Old 6/30/13, 07:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Ding ding ding! THIS is what made the Fox a great Mustang. For me, it was all the above despite "not looking like a Mustang".

Was the Fox a standout design for Mustang. Not in my book. Was it the car that probably cemented the Mustang as the ultimate base car on which to mod to your hearts content? And kick off the biggest aftermarket in the world? Absolutely!
The aftermarket saved this horrid little car by making it worth owning in spite of its looks. I liked the Camaro then better looks wise, but was a Ford (OK, Mercury) guy at heart. Thank goodness the aftermarket embraced it so much.
Old 6/30/13, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

And me.

But to many non-ethusiasts (especially outside the USA) show them a Fox and they won't realise it's a Mustang.

Me though? Whether it's a Fox, a rusting hulk of a II or a pristine '69 Boss 429, EVERY Mustang deserves its place in the history of the marque........and therefore, deserves the same respect.

The SVO and the introduction of the 5.0 were high points, and I was tempted by both. But the aerobird was way better looking. Needless to say that's what ended up in our driveway.
Old 6/30/13, 07:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sometimes I just sit in my garage and admire the simple beauty that is an aero fox coupe. I think it's gorgeous when its clean. And with the right wheels and a lower stance it is killer looking like any Mustang has always looked.

But that's just me I suppose.
Old 6/30/13, 07:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
My wife owns a brand new black Fusion. Her favorite car by the way!

I showed her the TopNotch rendering in this thread and her reply was "Gross, what kind of car is that?"

Last edited by Getportfolio; 6/30/13 at 08:57 PM.
Old 6/30/13, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict
A car should be feminine. There nothing here that fender flares or a with front and rear changes couldn't fix for those needing more aggression. Me, I'll be happy if it drives that way.
I'm not paying over $30k for a new car, to drop a few grand more just to make it so I can drive it, without a mask hiding my identity.

Besides, no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Now, take the rendering we are discussing, remove any emblems and then think of these nameplates:
Eclipse
Stratus
Avenger
Probe
Lumina
Solara
G37

Almost every one could be this car with minimal change.

Now that I have dogged it big time, I would say that from the A pillar back, I do see potential.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 7/1/13 at 04:14 AM.
Old 6/30/13, 08:18 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
A car should be feminine.
Wut?
Old 6/30/13, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Wut?
LMAO
Old 6/30/13, 08:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
It would be funny if the tarp was pulled and the quarter window was a rectangle shape like a 1977 Monte Carlo. Lol
Old 6/30/13, 09:44 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sometimes I just sit in my garage and admire the simple beauty that is an aero fox coupe. I think it's gorgeous when its clean. And with the right wheels and a lower stance it is killer looking like any Mustang has always looked. But that's just me I suppose.
give it a lil cowl on the hood, the right tires, side-dump exhaust exiting about 15" in front the rear tires, and its perfect in my fox book lol
Old 6/30/13, 10:14 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ding ding ding! THIS is what made the Fox a great Mustang. For me, it was all the above despite "not looking like a Mustang". Was the Fox a standout design for Mustang. Not in my book. Was it the car that probably cemented the Mustang as the ultimate base car on which to mod to your hearts content? And kick off the biggest aftermarket in the world? Absolutely!
Would you be surprised if i said i was still 19 yrs young?? Lol

Really Mustangs are my dream car and i believe that each generation has only helped (as you said) cement its place in automotive history as a pioneer. Creating its own class and inspiring all competitors to match its reputation. But i wont deny respect when due and i gotta say the new camaros might be hulking beasts but they perform pretty well in 1LE and ZL1 trims
Old 7/1/13, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I still don't believe the mule we saw was by any means an actual prototype car. I bet it was pieced together from S197 and S550 body parts just to do internal testing. If you look at the mid section it's identical to the S197 and there are many other aspects as well that don't add up. We've been told for years the S550 will not take any design cues from S197.
Old 7/1/13, 10:47 AM

While that image might give some VERY general hints as to the actual Mustang, I think the real one will be much more exciting looking than this speculative rendering.
Old 7/1/13, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by MustangDizzle
I've never understood how people were attracted to the foxbody, let alone want it reborn.

Given that its predecessor was the Baroque luxo land yacht (dinghy?) built on the Molotov Pinto chassis, festooned with about the tackiest set of stickers, slats, spoilers and scoops imaginable and wheezing out 134 hp at its most powerful, then yes, the sleek, trim, taut, modern, well-engineered Foxstang was an amazing leap forward and breath of fresh air. The clean, chiseled styling looked like tomorrow and reflected a car meant to actually drive, not cruise some cheesy city street in while wearing some leisure suit. The V8 actually rumbled, the chassis was taut and crisp, it was both lighter and smaller and yet had much more room inside.

They were vastly better than the Mustang IIs and evinced serious automotive design and engineering rather than the Disco-Dan gaudiness of its predecessor. Perhaps they can be taken too much for granted for those under a certain age, but they really did bring in the Mustang’s performance renaissance and its basic bones underpinned the car for the next quarter century, which was about 15 years too long by the way.
Old 7/1/13, 11:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
My wife owns a brand new black Fusion. Her favorite car by the way!

I showed her the TopNotch rendering in this thread and her reply was "Gross, what kind of car is that?"

Huh...I don't even have a rendering in this THREAD!
Old 7/1/13, 11:28 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
I still don't believe the mule we saw was by any means an actual prototype car. I bet it was pieced together from S197 and S550 body parts just to do internal testing. If you look at the mid section it's identical to the S197 and there are many other aspects as well that don't add up. We've been told for years the S550 will not take any design cues from S197.
Obviously no-one knows for sure, but you seem to be the only person that thinks this is an S197/S550 hybrid. Besides, can you really tell that mid-section is identical to the S197? I can't make out a flipping thing under all that camo

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Huh...I don't even have a rendering in this THREAD!
I'm guessing he meant the Top Speed rendering, not Top Notch
Old 7/1/13, 11:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodimus_prime
so is there a date when its officially out for viewing?
No, but here's something cool to watch in the meantime, Rodimus_prime:

Enjoy!!

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang Articles