Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

STEEDA 2011 5.0 GT Mustang Cold Air Kit

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/10, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zilla8
I got my Steeda CAI and SCT tuner combo a couple days ago and installed.I could not be happier with the results of everything.I did not dyno yet but seat of the pants shows some very noticable gains in throttle response and overall performance compared to stock.

The install was a breeze and took about 20 minuets to swap out the stock set up with the Steeda.After installing the Cai I did the tune and for anyone thats on the fence you will love this set up I made a few adjustments like revs/mile,raised rpm limit to 7300,91 octane it was so easy to do and the results were amazing.My car started right up after the tune and settled in at the normal idle just like stock.I did not get any check engine lights or codes and the car drove like stock untill you get on the throttle.

It absolutely ripps through all gears and the sound of the induction is crazy I'm waiting on my Magnaflow exhaust to finish my performance mods (for now atleast)
PM sent
Old 7/25/10, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JerryFordedson
I never said not to tune.

I said lets see this system bump MINE, YOURS, ANYONES numbers the 44HP they are saying.

Lets see a C&L with a (evo,lethal,Livernois pick one) tune and compare that system to this Steeda system.

I would bet anything the other combination gives bigger gains.

and I don't think the other system would give 44HP either.
Drive your car until your gas tank is practically empty
Go put 87 Octane in your car.
Drive it around until the tank is practically empty again.
Put another tankful of 87 Octane in your car and drive it until practically empty.
Go dyno your car.
Then fill up your car with 93 Octane.
Drive until tank is practically empty.
Fill up again with 93 and drive until you are below 1/4 tank.
Add Steeda CAI and 93 Octane tune to your car.
Drive around for a bit.
Take car to dyno after engine has cooled.
You'll see 44 hp gain.

My take:
12-13 hp from going from 87 octane to 93 Octane
8-10 hp from CAI
20-22 hp from tune with CAI and 93 Octane combo

Last edited by Driver72; 7/25/10 at 09:01 PM.
Old 7/27/10, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I just put my order in on the website.

Question, dont these tunes need to be customized for 93 octane and 3.73 rear end? How can I be sure I'm getting a tune meant for my car when this comes in?
Old 7/27/10, 04:42 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by InsidiousGT
I just put my order in on the website.

Question, dont these tunes need to be customized for 93 octane and 3.73 rear end? How can I be sure I'm getting a tune meant for my car when this comes in?
I think somewhere I saw that the tuner from steeda comes with 87, 91 and 93 octane tunes but there should be a questionare of some sort to let them know the specifics of your car. I would call them and ask.
Old 7/27/10, 07:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I think somewhere I saw that the tuner from steeda comes with 87, 91 and 93 octane tunes but there should be a questionare of some sort to let them know the specifics of your car. I would call them and ask.
Actually they send you all three tunes. I got mine yesterday and put it in tonight, but i haven't had the time to go for a test drive. I also have the CAI. All i had to do is give Jeff over at Steeda the computer number which my dealer decoded from the VIN # of my car through a Ford website. With that code he's able to know all parameters of your car. Tranny, gear, and some other stuff so he can personnalized your tune. They won't give you any specs from the tune itself. I know for sure it gets rid of the skip shift.
Old 7/29/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Ya know...........I don't think I've ever believed an advertiser's claims for the miracles their product will perform.

It's generally human nature to embellish , more so if your getting paid to do it.

How long would an ad writer keep their job if they totally told the truth about the product ??

Not saying I like it, but it is what it is.

Like.....................how in the hell would you ever think you could sell cigarettes? Them ad writers are good!!!

As I was typing, heard the Fedex pull up. They don't even knock anymore.

Package from Steeda !!

Last edited by dragstart; 7/29/10 at 09:17 AM. Reason: new info!
Old 7/29/10, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
Like.....................how in the hell would you ever think you could sell cigarettes? Them ad writers are good!!!
I'm with you on that! And how about the commercial for all the prescription drugs on TV?

"Side effects include stroke, sudden death, sudden blindness, loss of muscle control, and uncontrollable bowel movements, see your doctor today!"
Old 7/29/10, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragstart
Ya know...........I don't think I've ever believed an advertiser's claims for the miracles their product will perform.

It's generally human nature to embellish , more so if your getting paid to do it.

How long would an ad writer keep their job if they totally told the truth about the product ??

Not saying I like it, but it is what it is.

As I was typing, heard the Fedex pull up. They don't even knock anymore.

Package from Steeda !!
Let us know some honest results guy!
Old 7/29/10, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Let us know some honest results guy!
Well, I'll only have subjective results, which is a little strange coming from a guy that works at a dragstrip.

If it feels good, I'll be happy. But I'm not beating the dung out of it to see if it gained 3 tenths of a second from the mods. A glued racetrack is hard on a car!!

My car WAS the first 5.0 down our track, though. About 21 seconds at 60 MPH.
Old 7/29/10, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Actually they send you all three tunes. I got mine yesterday and put it in tonight, but i haven't had the time to go for a test drive. I also have the CAI. All i had to do is give Jeff over at Steeda the computer number which my dealer decoded from the VIN # of my car through a Ford website. With that code he's able to know all parameters of your car. Tranny, gear, and some other stuff so he can personnalized your tune. They won't give you any specs from the tune itself. I know for sure it gets rid of the skip shift.

You take it on that drive yet?!

Also, who is Jeff at Steeda? Lol
Old 7/30/10, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Long Stroke
You take it on that drive yet?!

Also, who is Jeff at Steeda? Lol
He probably meant me... I get that alot....
Old 7/31/10, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

You wouldn't happen to know that web site?
Old 7/31/10, 09:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
You wouldn't happen to know that web site?
My buddy over at the Ford delership took care of that for me. But i know you can find that code somewhere on the car, don't remember where though. Friend is on vacation for 2 weeks. But he got mine with my VIN. Maybe Jeff could chime in on this one, but isn't the skip shift suppose to be removed with the tune ! Mine is still skip shifting. What's up with that ! Thx
Old 7/31/10, 10:56 PM
FR500 Member

My buddy over at the Ford delership took care of that for me. But i know you can find that code somewhere on the car, don't remember where though. Friend is on vacation for 2 weeks. But he got mine with my VIN. Maybe Jeff could chime in on this one, but isn't the skip shift suppose to be removed with the tune ! Mine is still skip shifting. What's up with that ! Thx
The code is likely the engine calibration code, which can be found on the door tag. See here for more details (pp.5, 7-9)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VINcodes.pdf (499.0 KB, 735 views)
Old 8/10/10, 03:22 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Independant dyno testing can be found here:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/in...6/#post5926762