Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

MGW Shifter Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/12, 07:45 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ lots of heavenly goodness.... heavenly shifting goodness. Doesn't it just make you rub your fingers together in anticipation like Mr. Smithers??????? "Interesting......................."

hehe
Old 5/9/12, 02:23 PM
I Have No Life

buddy of mine test drove a 2012 6MT 5.0 today (left over on lot). He said he loved everything about the car except the stock shifter. His words were, "The shock shifter is garbage and horrendous. Now I know why you went with MGW.". He hated how vague it was. It made me smile, as big as whenever I get to grab my MGW shifter and command my ponies
Old 5/11/12, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Interesting reviews... It sucks that I still have not installed this piece! I need to just choose a floor jack, grab a few jack stands, and just do it. Had the MGW since December! If it's not on by the end of this month, I'm going to get rid of it.
Old 5/11/12, 07:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by J Tennu
Interesting reviews... It sucks that I still have not installed this piece! I need to just choose a floor jack, grab a few jack stands, and just do it. Had the MGW since December! If it's not on by the end of this month, I'm going to get rid of it.
Wow.... You've had the actual mgw shifter since December and haven't installed it at all? Why on earth not? You're missing out. Are you just scared of the install? It's not that bad at all.
Old 5/11/12, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Wow.... You've had the actual mgw shifter since December and haven't installed it at all? Why on earth not? You're missing out. Are you just scared of the install? It's not that bad at all.
Well, to be honest... YES! I'm a little reluctant to do the install myself. Zero confidence in my mechanical abilities. I have had the MGW install videos uploaded to my iPad, collected most of the tools required for the installation, except a floor jack and jack stands. Need a low profile floor jack now that she is lowered. I'm not entirely sure where I should place the jack stands, let alone knowing any good jacking points! Exhaust... shop installed. Suspension work... shop installed. Most of my parts have been shop installed!

Furthermore, I don't have a huge problem with the stock shifter. Though somewhat vague and a little slop, I find it to be pretty smooth. I like the metal ball shift ****, too. I can't recall missing any shifts, but I can see how an aftermarket short-throw shifter may aid in positive shifts in a drag or road course situation.
Old 5/11/12, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, to be honest... YES! I'm a little reluctant to do the install myself. Zero confidence in my mechanical abilities. I have had the MGW install videos uploaded to my iPad, collected most of the tools required for the installation, except a floor jack and jack stands. Need a low profile floor jack now that she is lowered. I'm not entirely sure where I should place the jack stands, let alone knowing any good jacking points! Exhaust... shop installed. Suspension work... shop installed. Most of my parts have been shop installed!

Furthermore, I don't have a huge problem with the stock shifter. Though somewhat vague and a little slop, I find it to be pretty smooth. I like the metal ball shift ****, too. I can't recall missing any shifts, but I can see how an aftermarket short-throw shifter may aid in positive shifts in a drag or road course situation.
Can you put together a tv stand?
Old 5/11/12, 08:57 PM
I Have No Life

Why'd you buy it then? This is weird. Impulse?

Trust me it's not that hard. Any and all the difficulties you mentioned in your posts are all remedied by doing a little reading/research and just getting out there and start turning wrenches. Honestly, most if not all of it is common sense. Not knowing where to jack it? In 5 seconds you could have searched "jack points mustang"... Done.

I'm sorry man, don't mean to be rude, but you need to just get out there and try stuff.
Old 5/12/12, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Why'd you buy it then? This is weird. Impulse?

Trust me it's not that hard. Any and all the difficulties you mentioned in your posts are all remedied by doing a little reading/research and just getting out there and start turning wrenches. Honestly, most if not all of it is common sense. Not knowing where to jack it? In 5 seconds you could have searched "jack points mustang"... Done.

I'm sorry man, don't mean to be rude, but you need to just get out there and try stuff.
No hard feelings on this end... bought the MGW around the second to third batch. I wanted it real bad! My plan was to install it as soon as the weather would permit. Only impulse buy I think I did was getting a CAI... and I did install(and remove) that kit, myself. I did a lot of research in regards to this subject. I went out to a few auto parts stores and couldn't find a decent floor jack, let alone a low-profile one! I'm going to order an OTC 2-ton low-profile floor jack and two pairs of jack stands. Still need to find a leather strap wrench to remove the aluminum shift ball.
Old 5/12/12, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still need to find a leather strap wrench to remove the aluminum shift ball.
Or just hit the gym?
Old 5/12/12, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JTennu sell it to me, pm me if you deciede to sell it.
Old 5/13/12, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by t-fatty
JTennu sell it to me, pm me if you deciede to sell it.
If I do, I'll hit you up.
Old 5/13/12, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Just do it. I hyped myself up about it too. It really wasn't bad at all. I had a lot of fun doing it. Everything went as expected and no tie ups. Just make sure u have Allen key ratchet bits or a long Allen key with handle that u can get leverage on. That was only tool I was missing but borrowed a buddies. It's pretty simple and it'll be a huge confidence builder for you!
Old 5/16/12, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Anyone know when the next batch is going to be made?
Old 5/16/12, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Your best bet is to just call them... I ordered mine right around the time I took delivery of the car (4/11), and I just got it last week. It's a rough waiting period, but once I get it installed this weekend, I know it will be worth it!!
Old 5/17/12, 06:05 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mikey
Your best bet is to just call them... I ordered mine right around the time I took delivery of the car (4/11), and I just got it last week. It's a rough waiting period, but once I get it installed this weekend, I know it will be worth it!!
Congrats... Post up pics and stories of the install, and your thoughts on the new shifter!
Old 5/17/12, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats... Post up pics and stories of the install, and your thoughts on the new shifter!
I definitely will... I can't be the first '13 with the MGW shifter, but I haven't seen another one so I'll take pics with the Recaros as a backdrop!
Old 5/18/12, 02:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
I definitely will... I can't be the first '13 with the MGW shifter, but I haven't seen another one so I'll take pics with the Recaros as a backdrop!
I'll be there with you soon

Some lady from MGW called me today. She told me they didn't have the shift **** I wanted so I had to settle for something similar. It'll ship out next week.
Old 5/21/12, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Got it installed Saturday

Check it out!
Attached Thumbnails MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-006.jpg   MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-009.jpg   MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-013.jpg   MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-014.jpg   MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-015.jpg  

MGW Shifter Ordered-mgw-016.jpg  
Old 5/21/12, 05:58 PM
MJN
GT Member

Man Mikey that looks sweet!
Old 5/21/12, 07:19 PM
I Have No Life

Mikey that looks awesome! How are you liking it? I'm thinking about getting a white **** too and switch out between black and white lol...

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter Ordered