5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

MGW Shifter Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/12, 10:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
You'll probably have to buy the roush boot. PM Steve from PureSpeedMotorsports, he's a Roush direct dealer and hooked me up on some parts cheaper than roush with free shipping. If you can hold off till I get my mgw, I'll sell you my roush boot cheap. I'm getting the new Roush shifter ball that has the roush logo as the reverse R and it comes with another boot.
I'll buy it from you! The new **** your getting has the same boot, just a new one? Are you selling the other **** too?
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Just get the MGW ****!!! it fits right on the mgw threaded rod
I opted for the factory handle when I ordered, then cancelled and the one I bought has the factory threads also. Not looking to drop an arm an a leg on a ****! Lol
Originally Posted by MJN
One of you guys should make a quick video of just going through the gears on the road, I have yet to find one on YouTube.
I was actually gonna do that the other day but forgot. Maybe tomorrow e Saturday definitely.
Old 3/22/12, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
I'll buy it from you! The new **** your getting has the same boot, just a new one? Are you selling the other **** too?
Yup same boot. I have the black roush ball if you're interested. It would come with the boot and retainer nut too.
Attached Images  
Old 3/22/12, 12:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ John what's with that pic? Did you not latch the console down? I can see through the edges of it...
Old 3/22/12, 12:35 PM
GT Member

I watched the install video. It actually looks like fun (except for the dust boot part).

I think I want a new shifter now, especially since it doesn't seem like it's a "racing" shifter, but just a better designed one.
Old 3/22/12, 01:29 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Steven
I watched the install video. It actually looks like fun (except for the dust boot part).

I think I want a new shifter now, especially since it doesn't seem like it's a "racing" shifter, but just a better designed one.
this!!!
Old 3/22/12, 01:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

^ John what's with that pic? Did you not latch the console down? I can see through the edges of it...
When I removed the stock boot I broke one of the pins off that hold the boot up. When I pull everything apart for the MGW I'll fix it.
Old 3/22/12, 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

A pin on the boot???

What's with the different boot? Is it taller or shorter o something? The Roush is the same as the premium option boot right?
Old 3/22/12, 07:59 PM
GT Member

A pin on the boot???

What's with the different boot? Is it taller or shorter o something? The Roush is the same as the premium option boot right?
I think he's talking about one of the clips?
Old 3/22/12, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Speaking of the boot, does anybody know if it's possible to buy the plastic chrome bezel at the base that the boot hooks onto? Mine is scratched.
Old 3/22/12, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

A pin on the boot???

It's not on the boot. It's the pin/clip on the console that holds the boot in place.

The difference with the Roush boot is it allows better fitment with the new ****. I know the stock one had an odd shape on the top that doesn't allow it to fit with anything correctly other than the stock plastic ****.
Old 3/23/12, 06:57 AM
I Have No Life

Speaking of the boot, does anybody know if it's possible to buy the plastic chrome bezel at the base that the boot hooks onto? Mine is scratched.
I'm sure you can. Hopefully you don't have to buy the WHOLE shifter console. But just call or visit your dealer to get the part #. Notice I said, "get the part #" and not BUY it from them. Just get the part #, then find it online for cheap. I am also sure you can find the part # online if you just search on google. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know the part #.
Old 3/23/12, 07:19 AM
GT Member

I'm sure you can. Hopefully you don't have to buy the WHOLE shifter console. But just call or visit your dealer to get the part #. Notice I said, "get the part #" and not BUY it from them. Just get the part #, then find it online for cheap. I am also sure you can find the part # online if you just search on google. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know the part #.
Oh man, I've been trying to do this (find it on google). I can find the automatic shifter bezel but the manual is being elusive. I think it might be part of the console which is a You tore yours apart, do you remember if it looked like if it came off?
Old 3/23/12, 07:31 AM
I Have No Life

^ yes I remember... it was solid (I believe)... and attached to the console Maybe someone else can chime in???
Old 3/23/12, 11:18 AM
Cobra R Member

It seems attached but that could be cause its snapped in. I know they sell that trim for almost everything in the car so maybe?! How did you break it?!
Old 3/23/12, 11:52 AM
GT Member

It seems attached but that could be cause its snapped in. I know they sell that trim for almost everything in the car so maybe?! How did you break it?!
Not broken, just scratched. I bought the car used and when I saw it, I didn't think it would be a huge deal to replace (and it really shouldn't be). Then I started looking for it. . .
Old 3/23/12, 11:56 AM
I Have No Life

Not broken, just scratched. I bought the car used and when I saw it, I didn't think it would be a huge deal to replace (and it really shouldn't be). Then I started looking for it. . .
ok, here's the detailer side of me coming out... LOL

is the scratch on that trim deep? or is it superficial? I have a 3" mini griots DA buffer, with mini pads that would have worked perfect on it. You could something like that. Yes, ANYthing can be buffed

If it's deep, you'd have to sand it, fill it, sand it again, paint it, clear it... then in the end you could have just lived with it or bought a new console... lol.
Old 3/23/12, 11:59 AM
GT Member

ok, here's the detailer side of me coming out... LOL

is the scratch on that trim deep? or is it superficial? I have a 3" mini griots DA buffer, with mini pads that would have worked perfect on it. You could something like that. Yes, ANYthing can be buffed

If it's deep, you'd have to sand it, fill it, sand it again, paint it, clear it... then in the end you could have just lived with it or bought a new console... lol.
Number 2 man, number 2. I might try and just flip it around actually. Right now the scratches are at the front of the shifter. If it comes apart from the console, then I could flip it around so it's at the back of the shifter and I wouldn't have to see it.

I showed the wife the preview video of the MGW shifter. She's not a mechanical person and even she seemed impressed by it.
Old 3/23/12, 12:35 PM
I Have No Life

Number 2 man, number 2. I might try and just flip it around actually. Right now the scratches are at the front of the shifter. If it comes apart from the console, then I could flip it around so it's at the back of the shifter and I wouldn't have to see it.

I showed the wife the preview video of the MGW shifter. She's not a mechanical person and even she seemed impressed by it.
MGW, it's the answer to the universal question of, "Where's the beef?"

... extra beefy.
Old 3/23/12, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

My shifter showed up...after i just came from doing my oil change (on a lift). I have to find some time next week to install.
Attached Images  
Old 3/23/12, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Awesome, let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter Ordered