2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/06, 08:20 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
heheh
Old 8/7/06, 08:53 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
How could it be any higher? Figure out the upgrades and a little premium for the Shelby name. Some cosmetics, a CAI, and exhaust do not command a higher price.
Except, of course, for the 800 pound gorilla in the room, which you're forgetting about.

His name is Gorillus AMVus, and don't think for one second that the dealers won't trot him out to stomp all over your plans of owning a "Shelby." I'm sure there'll be at least $5K markups above MSRP on this car, at least for the first little while.

The Shelby GT is OK, I guess, but I have to say, Amy, replacing the GT-H hood with a fake scoop was a mistake, IMHO. That GT-H hood is one of the best features on the GT-H.

Either way, I think a lot of us are stuck waiting at least another year if we want anything truly superior to a stock GT at a "reasonable" price.
Old 8/7/06, 09:00 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree. It's OK, but not even close to being enough to get me to buy one. JMO.
BTW, I like the GT-H hood, but I would have prefered the new GT appearance package scoop.. WITHOUT rivets. It's not a Cobra. (I'm refering to the original Cobra.)
Old 8/7/06, 11:53 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Except, of course, for the 800 pound gorilla in the room, which you're forgetting about.

http://www.equitable.com/images/head_press_gorilla.gif

His name is Gorillus AMVus, and don't think for one second that the dealers won't trot him out to stomp all over your plans of owning a "Shelby." I'm sure there'll be at least $5K markups above MSRP on this car, at least for the first little while.

The Shelby GT is OK, I guess, but I have to say, Amy, replacing the GT-H hood with a fake scoop was a mistake, IMHO. That GT-H hood is one of the best features on the GT-H.

Either way, I think a lot of us are stuck waiting at least another year if we want anything truly superior to a stock GT at a "reasonable" price.
If you want the Gt-H hood, it can be had as an upgrade. The fiberglass hood was too much trouble to sell with the car with all the regulations. So we opted for a new cool hood that meets all the specs, same goes for the "working scoops" we will supply the pattern, if you want to cut it open and make it work.

Amy
Old 8/8/06, 01:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

This thread is filled with haters... I for one love the new Shebly. I like it better than the GT500...

Who cares if it only has 325hp? It's still not a bad deal, and the white/silver paint looks great.
Old 8/8/06, 03:06 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amyb
If you want the Gt-H hood, it can be had as an upgrade. The fiberglass hood was too much trouble to sell with the car with all the regulations. So we opted for a new cool hood that meets all the specs, same goes for the "working scoops" we will supply the pattern, if you want to cut it open and make it work.

Amy
Tell me, Amy, will customers be able to order a Shelby GT with all the upgraded functions that are being made available on the '07 GTs, as well as be able to pick one's interior colors (such as the red ICAP), or will Shelby dictate a restricted range of features?

If it's the former, I might be interested...if the latter, definitely not.
Old 8/8/06, 05:39 AM

Amy, will this wonderful new shelby be available in convertibles?
Old 8/8/06, 06:05 AM
V6 Member

What do you guys think about this car? Would you buy it if Carrol Shelby built it ?

Old 8/8/06, 06:54 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Other than the center exit exhaust (very non-Shelby) it looks more true to what a Shelby should look like IMHO. At least a 67/68 style Shelby. However, I think the '05+ lends itself more to the 65/66 Shelby look because most of the body lines more closely resemble those two years.
Old 8/8/06, 07:01 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
Other than the center exit exhaust (very non-Shelby) it looks more true to what a Shelby should look like IMHO. At least a 67/68 style Shelby. However, I think the '05+ lends itself more to the 65/66 Shelby look because most of the body lines more closely resemble those two years.
Ever see the exhaust on a 1969-1970 Shelby GT350/GT500?
Old 8/8/06, 07:27 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by USMC_LB
What do you guys think about this car? Would you buy it if Carrol Shelby built it ?

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.p...ype=post&id=11
bomber to pilot, bomber to pilot. That's a negatory sir.
Old 8/8/06, 07:34 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Ever see the exhaust on a 1969-1970 Shelby GT350/GT500?
Jason..correct me if I'm wrong please but didn't the 69-70 have next to nothing to do with Shelby other than the name?
So technically they we about as much a shelby as oh say I dunno the new gt500
Old 8/8/06, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

You are right burningman! Give him a free AMD gift certificate
Old 8/8/06, 08:12 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

YAY I won!!!!

Old 8/8/06, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

AmyB, what a great car. Thank you for coming to this forum, sharing the info, and answering questions. I like that hood better than the one on the H cars. Will we be able to use A or X plans on these? (If we can find a dealer to accept it.) Keep up the good work and hopefully the dealers will not try and screw us with mark ups.
Old 8/8/06, 09:35 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Tell me, Amy, will customers be able to order a Shelby GT with all the upgraded functions that are being made available on the '07 GTs, as well as be able to pick one's interior colors (such as the red ICAP), or will Shelby dictate a restricted range of features?

If it's the former, I might be interested...if the latter, definitely not.

I believe there is restriction on a number of things, but I don't have the final yet, we are still working thru that. I will post more when we complete everything.

Amy
Old 8/8/06, 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

Amy, I really like this Shelby GT Personally I prefer the GT-H hood over this one, but otherwise it looks great and a manual tranny option will certainly be a welcome addition. Any hope for a convertible?
Old 8/8/06, 10:47 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info Amy. I remember seeing a stripped down 05 Msutang GT up on lifts at your facility during a tour while I was at SEMA in 04 so I have been anxiously awaiting Mr. Shelby's new entries into the Mustang family. Can't wait for the Bold Moves release this weekend on the car. I had been hoping to get ahold of a GT-H to go along with the Bullitt but could possibly "settle" for the Shelby GT. If it comes in a vert it would make it ALOT easier to talk my wife into getting it.

I am looking at this and other aftermarket entries for the Mustang as a good thing for the Mustang as a whole. With the "demise" to a degree of SVT this allows Ford the ability to keep producing the Mustang and with the agreements with the authorized aftermarket companies still offer unique, performance oriented Mustangs.

Cam
Old 8/8/06, 10:48 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Every_Mn
This thread is filled with haters...
And a few dreamers.

Old 8/8/06, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

Here's my Pro/con list. I am still debating whether the negatives and unknowns will stop me from buying.
Positives
-It's a Shelby
-Affordable Pricepoint (hopefully)
-Uniqueness
-Performance is superior to stock GT, and GT/CS
-Choice of 2 hoods (rivet-scoop or GT-H)

Negatives
-Limited stripe color, Blue stripe option would be classic
-No rear spoiler option, GT500 rear spoiler option would be
desirable to some (me)

Unknowns
-ADM
-A/Z/X plan availability
-Convertible availability
-Option availability

I think the negatives could be addressed cheaply and easily. I'm sure that the addition of Blue Stripes as an option would appeal to a lot of people. The Black w/silver is OK but I'm not too keen on the White w/silver. I would be willing to pay extra for the GT500 rear spoiler as an option. Sure these things can be done aftermarket but I would prefer to keep the vehicle "stock".

It seems from Amy's posts that some of the details about the Shelby GT have not been finalized yet. If that is the case, maybe there is still time to consider reasonable changes/additions. I'm not asking for drivetrain or sheetmetal changes... OR maybe I am just misreading Amy's posts and every single thing has been decided but very little can be disclosed until the offical announcement, hopefully later this week.

The suspense is killing me. I hate to wait.

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!