2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/06, 03:48 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See new pictures posted by Robert Lane. One of them gives a better view of the new hoodscoop.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index...7_sectionid=66
Old 8/11/06, 07:05 PM
GT Member

I dunno what everyone's b****ing about, that scoop looks good. A lot better than that CS scoop. Silver stripes on white aside, I'm starting to like the car more.

Amy, show us cool options, and I might just wait till I have enough money for a Shelby GT instead of buying a used 05.
Old 8/11/06, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

After seeing the scoop with the divits around it I'm like ughh!! The Shelby's cannot get a decent looking hood to save thier lives. The gt500 hood looks like **** and so does the scoop on this one. I guess the gt/cs hood scoop is an option and after seeing 2 cars with them in person they look great. Are they functional? Newsflash, cars don't have carburators any more and are fuel injected so a functional scoop would be useless. That location on the car is useless anyway as the vast majority of air actually goes over the scoop. The aerodynamics tests in the late 60's proved this and that is why the 68 Shelby's had the scoops toward the nose of the hood where they would have the most benefit for pushing air into the carburator maximizing power. Today they are nostalgic and just look cool and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 8/11/06, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The size and shape of the scoop look great, but those rivets and that flap they're punched through riun it.
Once again, it' s supposed to be a Shelby MUSTANG, not a Shelby Cobra.

Amy, are you guys planning on doing anything about the lower grille not matching the upper grille? Looks very unfinished and cheap, IMO. Why not an upper grille that looks just like the factory one but doesn't have the foglights or the pony and put the tri-bar emblem off to the side like you guys have now. That way, it would look less "Autozone/Pepboys" and also the two grilles would match.
Old 8/11/06, 08:20 PM

I have to agree about the rivets on the bonnet scoops. Very low-rent. But this is different from a genuine GT-H; I doubt if the hood scoop will survive like this.

Worried about having the lowest-spec Mustang because you have a GT? You have the base for a spectacular car, and we all know how to add way more than 30hp (so does Carroll Shelby) with a few mods, so quit whingeing!

Mod your 'stang and have something unique. A decent stripe set and a billet grille make it really cool.

As for dealer premiums, let the rich boys pay for these slightly warmed-up "official" cars, it just makes for good "pre-owned" deals for us real Mustang lovers. The guy with the '05 - keep it and mod it, you'll be just as happy.
Old 8/11/06, 09:29 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
The size and shape of the scoop look great, but those rivets and that flap they're punched through riun it.
Once again, it' s supposed to be a Shelby MUSTANG, not a Shelby Cobra.

Amy, are you guys planning on doing anything about the lower grille not matching the upper grille? Looks very unfinished and cheap, IMO. Why not an upper grille that looks just like the factory one but doesn't have the foglights or the pony and put the tri-bar emblem off to the side like you guys have now. That way, it would look less "Autozone/Pepboys" and also the two grilles would match.

we are making a lower grill, the facsia come without anything, but we are working on something

Amy
Old 8/11/06, 09:48 PM

Amyb, could you tell me if the Shelby GT will be available in a convertible or not????? If yes, I will wait to order one-if not I will choose another version. thanks Ron
Old 8/11/06, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
we are making a lower grill, the facsia come without anything, but we are working on something

Amy

Amy,

Please tell me this car will be available with the FRPP supercharger kit??!!
Old 8/11/06, 11:50 PM
V6 Member

Feel the tension in the air, with less than 48 hours until the big press release. Will the announcement be a teaser or will it be filled with wonderful tales about MSRP, hood options, convertibles and superchargers??? Only AMYB knows for sure!
Old 8/12/06, 07:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mark1
Feel the tension in the air, with less than 48 hours until the big press release. Will the announcement be a teaser or will it be filled with wonderful tales about MSRP, hood options, convertibles and superchargers??? Only AMYB knows for sure!
come on, this is Ford! It will be a teaser, that is SOP and you know it!
BTW Amy, I like it without the lower grill! Oops, I know, can't please everyone!
Old 8/12/06, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, it should be the Shelby you want
Amy
OK, so then how would I place an order for this modified car..thru Ford or directly thru Shelby Autos?
Old 8/12/06, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Amy
Too bad. I was hoping you'd consider changing the upper grille, not the lower one. Every ricer out there, as well as many pickup trucks, has that style upper grille so something different would have been nice.

My recomendation would be it have some unique "Shelby only" parts.
Old 8/13/06, 12:33 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a link to a Shelby GT video at Ford World HQ

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index...3_sectionid=23
Old 8/13/06, 12:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jonb347
Alright guys listen up. I just got back from Las Vegas where I was with my Dad at the 2007 Ford Dealer Show, where we have a business meeting with the head guys and look at new stuff coming out. All of Fords designs are getting remodeled for the better, and they also showed this car for the first time to anyone. The Shelby GT they showed us was black with white stripes. I have pictures on my phone im working on getting up here. It had a unique hood with a scoop but not like in the GT appearance package, it had the California Special Air dam, like the GT-H, they have a spoiler delete with classic shelby lettering across the decklid. IT had the 18" polished bullit style wheels, a 1966 GT350 style billet grille. the Ford Racing Handling and Performance Packs, which include the Ford Racing/Hurst shifter (amazing shifter), which means you can get it in a stick, unlike a GT-H, exhaust, a cold ait intake, etc. The car is very nice looking, better than the GT-H, and will be avaliable for ordering next month. They will start production in SEPTEMBER. I will try and get my pics up soon!!!
Jon,

Was that you with the cell phone camera in in front of the Black Shelby the Bold Moves video? BTW, thanks for posting the original pics.
Old 8/13/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! we will have parts for your car to make it a "shelby" and the GT/CS is already close in legacy to a shelby....
Amy, I like what I see. My GT/CS arrived in late June. The plan was to upgrade using FRPP packages. What options are available for those of us that are sitting on the ground now to upgrade (or partially upgrade) to a Shelby GT/Shelby GT/CS? Will having a vert make a difference?

Thanks again for hangin' in there with us!
Attached Thumbnails Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!-img_3148.jpg  
Old 8/14/06, 09:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
Are they functional? Newsflash, cars don't have carburators any more and are fuel injected so a functional scoop would be useless.
I beg your pardon?

Old 8/14/06, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Amyb,

<O</OHere are my constructive thoughts on the Shelby GT as a 27 year old male with understanding of the history of Shelby but also critical of the fact the name has kept a 07 Cobra out of my hands price wise with markups. I first of all don’t like Shelby GT as the name for it. If you want a base car it should be the GT350. Having multiple models of Shelby Mustangs I think weakens the brand. Second I’m not a fan of only offering white/silver and black/silver color combos. If you’re going to go white then the stripes should be blue. Having two light colors like white and silver doesn’t allow the stripes to stand out like they should. If you want to go with a hood scoop that’s fine. I’m not a big fan of creating extra drag for the sake of looks. If it isn’t helping airflow then it’s not for me. If the demand is there for the scoop then at least drop the rivets. As for performance I think and extra 50 HP to the crank would be better. Heck with only a CAI, UD pulleys, and a tune I’m pushing probably 355 to the crank. I would hope Shelby could get a little more go out of the Ford packs. I’m a fan of the bullitt wheels but everyone does seem to have them. It would be nice to see a Shelby branded wheel on the car.

For now that’s all I have to offer and I hope it helps!<O</O
Old 8/15/06, 03:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

A shaker scoop (sometimes, inaccurately, called a shaker hood scoop or a shaker hood) is an automobile term for an air intake for combustion air that is mounted directly on top of the engine's air cleaner and protrudes through a hole in the hood. Since it is fastened directly to the engine, it moves with the engine's movement and vibration on its mountings, thus the 'shaker' name.
Official Chrysler literature often referred to this popular hood style as the "Incredible Quivering Exposed Cold Air Grabber". This lengthy title has since been shortened by enthusiasts and collectors to the less tongue-twisting "shaker hood".
Like all such scoops, its purpose is to increase performance at high speed by a 'ram air' effect, delivering high pressure air to the engine. In reality, however, aerodynamics prevents nearly all manufacturer's hood scoops from delivering much if any benefit, and "shaker scoops," like most other factory hood scoops, are primarily for appearance and psychological effects.
Such scoops were fitted to a variety of cars, including:
Old 8/15/06, 06:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Amy, I like what I see. My GT/CS arrived in late June. The plan was to upgrade using FRPP packages. What options are available for those of us that are sitting on the ground now to upgrade (or partially upgrade) to a Shelby GT/Shelby GT/CS? Will having a vert make a difference?

Thanks again for hangin' in there with us!
1. Add the FRRP Power Pack #1
2. Add the Hurst Shifter
3. Add the FRRP Handling Pack
Viola! You have the same car... I'm sure you will be able to buy the cosmetic stuff from Shelby if you so desire.
Old 8/15/06, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
I rest my case.
I'd rest my case too if I relied on Wikipedia for my source(s) of information.

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!