2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
According to Ford's website, the comfort group is not required with the GT/CS package. Making the base price with D&D, $29,070.00.
Old 8/8/06, 10:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
According to Ford's website, the comfort group is not required with the GT/CS package. Making the base price with D&D, $29,070.00.
You should not believe everything you read on their web site, there are other mistakes as well. You MUST order the comfort group with the CS package. A couple of guys that ordered CS's learned this the hard way when the dealerships tried to input their orders (the system won't accept it). But that's beside the point, as I mentioned the CS is a premium package for Ford and they will rarely (if ever) send one out in stripped form unless it's custom ordered that way. Realistically they will hit the showrooms with 30k to 32k stickers as I've said all along.

Now do you expect a Mustang (the Shelby GT) that is sent to a 3rd party company for modifications to receive similar aesthetic mods PLUS performance mod's and then be shipped to the showroom for the same money or less? Sure we'd all love to see that, but I don't see that as a realistic expectation. Quit beating Amy up over the price, it's right in line.
Old 8/8/06, 11:52 PM
V6 Member

When will more details be released? Days, weeks, months? We are days away from the Bold Moves weekly release yet I get the feeling the readers of this forum already know more about the vehicle than what the announcement will tell us. Maybe a decent picture??
Old 8/9/06, 12:18 AM
Cobra R Member

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/09/f...y-gt-unveiled/

Old 8/9/06, 12:43 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, not exactly correct, but press release goes out friday....
And that is a photo taken last friday nin vegas of the concept car
Amy
Old 8/9/06, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Ok, on the ac cobra, are you refering to the cobra II? otherwise I am not sure. This was a modern version of the original cobra. We are not currently working on it, if this is the one you mean, but is possible it could happen.

Amy
Amy, yes the retro AC Cobra is the one I was speaking of. It was a 2 seater like the original. It had like 605 HP.
If you guys arent working on this car what are you working on in the 600+ HP range????
Old 8/9/06, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good concept.....Good that Ford is having more "fun" with the Mustang.
Good luck getting your hands on one......IMHO. I like the in grill fogs in the stock GT a lot. One of my favorite stying aspects of he car. Take a stock GT and buld it as you see fit.......Isn't that what Shelby is doing???....Same 4.6 L right????.......You can make this car yourself by just buying the FRPP that interests you.........Paying for the name "Shelby"....IMHO...........Maybe this car is intersing to people from a "collectible" stand point............Very interesting to see how this pans out. GT350 would be nice.......Maybe I'm just bitter because I know how hard they'll be to get like the GT500.
Old 8/9/06, 07:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well I cant exactly say I really like it, but the concept is great. A couple of things I would really like and Amy, I hope you're listening (or reading), is a ducktail spoiler, vista blue stripes, and Shelby rims as an option. Many of us, including myself, are with almost every special edition Mustang (not including GT500) having Bullitts. I also forgot that IMO the side scoop is too big
Old 8/9/06, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Quit beating Amy up over the price, it's right in line.
Calm down with the "beating up" talk. I was simply stating what the base prices were according to Ford's website. I couldn't care less what the price of the Shelby GT is. I don't like it.
Old 8/9/06, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

<TABLE class=width_100 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=plugin_2_4>THE LATEST ARTICLES, NEWS & STORIES
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=width_100>2007 Ford Shelby GT Mustang Unveiled
By Staff Report
Published: August 9, 2006
Print Email

2007 Ford Shelby Mustang GT Details and Photos
<TABLE align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY><CAPTION align=bottom>Ford Shelby GT

</CAPTION></TABLE>

• New Shelby GT to go on sale in January as the newest member of the Mustang performance car stable.
  • New Lincoln MKS flagship sedan to go on sale in 2008 – packed with more technology and features than any Lincoln before it.
  • Nine new Ford and Lincoln Mercury vehicles go on sale in the next six months as part of the company’s product-led turnaround – including the groundbreaking Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossovers in November.
StangsUnleashed.com – Ford Motor Company will increase the pace of new product introductions as it accelerates the Way Forward plan, Mark Fields, Ford’s president of The Americas, tells industry leaders at the Center for Automotive Research’s 40th annual Management Briefing Seminars.

“When we talk about acceleration at Ford, that includes more new products, features and technologies throughout our lineup,†says Fields. “We have nine new Ford and Lincoln Mercury products going on sale in the next six months alone, and we are rebuilding our business for the future with an emphasis on more new products faster.â€

Among the new products are the Ford Shelby GT – on sale in January – and Lincoln MKS flagship sedan, which will arrive in showrooms in 2008.

Ford Shelby GT
The 4.6-liter, 325-horsepower Ford Shelby GT will occupy a niche between the Mustang GT and the Ford Shelby GT500 both in terms of performance and appearance. It is a retail version of the Ford GT-H – the Shelby and Ford Racing-prepared Mustang developed for Hertz that was the surprise hit of the 2006 New York International Auto Show.

“We know the combination of Mustang and Shelby is magic, and we proved it again when we revealed the Ford Shelby GT-H for Hertz. The car received such rave reviews that our dealers and customers asked for a version of their own,†Fields explained. “We listened, and we’re delivering.â€

The Ford Shelby GT will be on sale in January. Ford will reveal full product details this Sunday on its “Bold Moves: The Future of Ford†web-based documentary (www.fordboldmoves.com).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 8/9/06, 01:38 PM

That's a butch of BS. They are simply trying to make a quick buck w/o putting any real thought or effort into a decent SE. Very disapointed.
Old 8/9/06, 01:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How sad
Old 8/9/06, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Webba
Amy, yes the retro AC Cobra is the one I was speaking of. It was a 2 seater like the original. It had like 605 HP.
If you guys arent working on this car what are you working on in the 600+ HP range????
We are working on 600+ Hp, but not necessarily for this car....lol
Old 8/9/06, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Well I cant exactly say I really like it, but the concept is great. A couple of things I would really like and Amy, I hope you're listening (or reading), is a ducktail spoiler, vista blue stripes, and Shelby rims as an option. Many of us, including myself, are with almost every special edition Mustang (not including GT500) having Bullitts. I also forgot that IMO the side scoop is too big
The great thing about all this is that unlike the 60's we are developing upgrade packages for all the shelby's. That includes performance and asthetics.... its all new right now, we are trying to catch up.

Amy
Old 8/9/06, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

The great thing about all this is that unlike the 60's we are developing upgrade packages for all the shelby's. That includes performance and asthetics.... its all new right now, we are trying to catch up.

Amy
ok for my upgrade I would like the gth hood and I would like a ducktail spoiler (the gt500 one works) and also the front bumper of the cs6 and also a supercharger and for the rear if you could use the gt500 diffuser that'd be great also if i could get all of this for 35 (or w/o the supercharger for like 31) that would be great i got the money for the downpayment just let me know when it will be ready... o and did i mention change the side from saying shelby GT to GT350!! heheheh

chris

p.s. i definately would like the cs6 rear medallion on this prefer the snake over the GT anyday of the week
Old 8/9/06, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by StangNut
That's a butch of BS. They are simply trying to make a quick buck w/o putting any real thought or effort into a decent SE. Very disapointed.
you know Stang, I dont usually respond to posts like these, but I will make an exception here, as I think it is important to level the field a bit.

It's easy to sit where you are and think or decide that we took an easy road or cut corners, But I suspect if you understood what it takes to work with a partner and meet the standards of a big corporation, and meet all the requirements, you might think this is a cool car and a good first step in solidifying Carrolls legacy and the future of Shelby Mustangs. Not everything is zero to 60 in 3.2, just like in life, you walk before you race. Ford is a great partner and as I have said before, not everyone wants or needs 600Hp, some people just want a car that they can ride in, gives a little more, looks cool, and is called Shelby.....I don't think there's anything wrong with that. And....Just my .02 cents, as only history will prove either of us right or wrong. If they don't sell, well, then we know

Amy
Old 8/9/06, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My question for you Amy is: is a race track ready Shelby GT in plans like the GT350R, or maybe even a GT500KR .

Hey, youre one of the top people at Shelby Automobiles
Old 8/9/06, 02:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

you know Stang, I dont usually respond to posts like these, but I will make an exception here, as I think it is important to level the field a bit.

It's easy to sit where you are and think or decide that we took an easy road or cut corners, But I suspect if you understood what it takes to work with a partner and meet the standards of a big corporation, and meet all the requirements, you might think this is a cool car and a good first step in solidifying Carrolls legacy and the future of Shelby Mustangs. Not everything is zero to 60 in 3.2, just like in life, you walk before you race. Ford is a great partner and as I have said before, not everyone wants or needs 600Hp, some people just want a car that they can ride in, gives a little more, looks cool, and is called Shelby.....I don't think there's anything wrong with that. And....Just my .02 cents, as only history will prove either of us right or wrong. If they don't sell, well, then we know

Amy
Now if only Bill Ford thought like that, then maybe Ford would not be in these financial problems
Old 8/9/06, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

i gotta say just the fact that amy is coming here and taking her time to listen to our critiques and our rants is incredible and is one of many reasons that i support shelby autos
Old 8/9/06, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah. Which is a good thing because it tells her how people are reacting to their cars.

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!